Images %285%29

Kallie Moe

Kallie is a Christian, home schooled teenager. She loves math and she loves to sing and play instruments. She has lived in Utah all her life.

Images %285%29
Dsc 0905

Kallie Moe (United States) started following ARSauble (United States)

Images %285%29
Follower

Kallie Moe (United States) earned a badge Follower

Images %285%29
Cool!

Kallie Moe (United States) started following Mystery Girl (United States)

Images %285%29
Popular penman

Kallie Moe (United States) earned a badge Popular Penman

Images %285%29
3

Kallie Moe (United States) published:

You Were Here

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2017

Where were you?
When the stars fell down,
And the rain came around,
And I felt so alone?

You were here,
Helping me through my trials,
Drying all my tears.

Where were you?
When the bees kept buzzing,
And I saw nothing,
But a future of pain and tears?

You were here
Casting away shadows
And calming all my fears.

Where were you?
When the ground shook
And the sun went dark
And I thought my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Images %285%29

Kallie Moe (United States) published:

You Were Here

PROMPT: Where Were You?

Where were you?
When the stars fell down,
And the rain came around,
And I felt so alone?

You were here,
Helping me through my trials,
Drying all my tears.

Where were you?
When the bees kept buzzing,
And I saw nothing,
But a future of pain and tears?

You were here
Casting away shadows
And calming all my fears.

Where were you?
When the ground shook
And the sun went dark
And I thought my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Images %285%29

Kallie Moe (United States) liked Beauty by the.dandelion.writer (United States)

Images %285%29
1

Kallie Moe (United States) published:

Nalani

A tan-skinned girl ran her hand over her curly, light brown hair. Her lips curled upward in a pleasant smile as she tip-toed quietly down the sandy beach, looking for a smooth place to lay out her blanket. She deftly stepped around coarse patches of grass, careful to make sure they didn’t jab her bare feet.
The girl lay back and closed her eyes, listening contently to the sound of water lapping against the shore and crickets chirping. A shadow over...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Images %285%29

Kallie Moe (United States) liked Give Me a Chance? by Suri Purefoy (United States)

Images %285%29
1

Kallie Moe (United States) published:

Desolation

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

Violette felt eyes gazing at her. The fading, dusk light could barely be seen through the twisted, gnarled, half charred trees, not quite leaving enough light to walk by. The branches of the trees, which stood like a wall on either side, hung over the old, overgrown road in an ominous and foreboding way, like they long reached for unseen things. The forest was dead. The only sounds were the occasional caw of a crow, the crunch of dry leaves...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2017

You Were Here

Where were you?
When the stars fell down,
And the rain came around,
And I felt so alone?

You were here,
Helping me through my trials,
Drying all my tears.

Where were you?
When the bees kept buzzing,
And I saw nothing,
But a future of pain and tears?

You were here
Casting away shadows
And calming all my fears.

Where were you?
When the ground shook
And the sun went dark
And I thought my heart would break?

You were here,
Showing me a light in a darkened life,
And peace in a broken world.

You were here,
Just waiting for me to see
That you were always there for me.
Even when I didn't want to believe,
You would never leave me.

Where were you?
Yes, you were here,
Beside me all along.

Where Were You?

You Were Here

Where were you?
When the stars fell down,
And the rain came around,
And I felt so alone?

You were here,
Helping me through my trials,
Drying all my tears.

Where were you?
When the bees kept buzzing,
And I saw nothing,
But a future of pain and tears?

You were here
Casting away shadows
And calming all my fears.

Where were you?
When the ground shook
And the sun went dark
And I thought my heart would break?

You were here,
Showing me a light in a darkened life,
And peace in a broken world.

You were here,
Just waiting for me to see
That you were always there for me.
Even when I didn't want to believe,
You would never leave me.

Where were you?
Yes, you were here,
Beside me all along.

Nalani

The girl lay back and closed her eyes, listening contently to the sound of water lapping against the shore and crickets chirping. A shadow over the moon made her open them again. High up in the sky, an owl hooted. She smiled up at the night sky and the quivering stars. She smelled distant rain in the air and felt the rough sand under her back and the breeze caressing her face. All was serenity.

The sound of a blood-chilling howl wrenched the girl from her peaceful slumber. She sat up with a start and opened her eyes. The sky was void of the moon and...

Setting as Mood

Desolation

Violette felt eyes gazing at her. The fading, dusk light could barely be seen through the twisted, gnarled, half charred trees, not quite leaving enough light to walk by. The branches of the trees, which stood like a wall on either side, hung over the old, overgrown road in an ominous and foreboding way, like they long reached for unseen things. The forest was dead. The only sounds were the occasional caw of a crow, the crunch of dry leaves underfoot, the whistling screams of the wind through the barren branches, and the faraway sound of thunder. It smelled of rotting and burnt things; molding plants, manure, smoke, distant rain, half decayed carcasses. The road was muddy, mostly covered in dead, dry and damp leaves, which covered several tree roots that you could easily trip on if you weren't watching carefully. She quickened her pace nervously.

Lace, Silk, and Caterpillars

Faint dusk light crawled over the window pane high on the wall as I readied myself for bed. Slowly all the other Lacemakers stumbled through the doorway to their palettes, all exhausted and aching.
My back ached and my fingers were blistered from another long day at the loom, transforming fragile strings of silk into beautiful fabric and frilly lace. I didnt like the job much, like all the other young Lacemakers, but it was better than peeling fat, silk-eating caterpillars off the raw material and smashing them under our bare heels. It had to be done, we were told, or the silkworms and most of the silk would be eaten and we would be punished, maybe whipped, for negligence.
I fell asleep almost instantly when I climbed on to my palette and my head hit my pillow.
The morning came all too quickly and I was awoken by a faint rooster crow. I kept my eyes shut tightly, willing...

Five Novel Titles

Titles

Clap of Thunder

Shattered

The End of the Ardvarks 

The Hourglass

The Begining of the End

Nalani

A tan-skinned girl ran her hand over her curly, light brown hair. She tip-toed quietly down the sandy beach, a smile on her lips. The girl carefully stepped around coarse patches of grass, making sure they didn’t jab her bare feet. She scaned the beach for a smooth place to lay out her blanket. Finding a good spot, she laid back and closed her eyes, listening contently to the sound of water lapping against the shore and crickets chirping.

A shadow over the moon made her open them again. High up in the sky an owl hooted. She smiled up at the night sky and the quivering stars. She smelled rain in the air and felt the rough sand under her back and the breeze caressing her face.

The girl didn’t know how long she slept before she woke to the sound of a blood-chilling howling in the distance.  She sat up. The sky was void of the moon or stars and she couldn’t see anything but...

Nalani

A tan-skinned girl ran her hand over her curly, light brown hair. She tip-toed quietly down the sandy beach with a smile on her lips. She looked along the beach for a smooth place to lay out her blanket. The girl carefully stepped around coarse patches of grass, making sure they didn’t jab her bare feet. She laid back and closed her eyes, listening contently to the sound of water lapping against the shore and crickets chirping.

A shadow over the moon made her open them again. High up in the sky an owl hooted. She smiled up at the night sky and the quivering stars. She smelled rain in the air and felt the rough sand under her back and the breeze caressing her face.

The girls didn’t know how long she slept before she woke to the sound of a blood chilling howling in the distance.  She sat up. The sky was void of the moon or stars and she couldn’t...

10 Second Essays

The Grass Is Green

Let's see, how much can I write in ten seconds? Well, the grass is green.

People think water is blue, but it's because it reflects the sky.

If you climb trees, there is a one out of ten chance that you will fall.

Your sense of smell is the weakest and the stongest.

City blocks are longer than town blocks.

YOU in threes

About Me

Three adjectives my peers would use to describe me:

• Smiley
  • Repetitive
  • Tall

Three adjectives my family would use:

• Pretty
  • Determined
  • Talented

Three adjectives I would use:

• Random
  • Observant
  • Bright

Three things about me that very few people know:

• I have a green belt in Taekwondo.
  • I'm very observant and I have a good memory.
  • I'm very good with animals and small children.

Three questions I have:

• Why are people so judge mental?
  • Why don't people smile more?
  • Why does everything cost money?

Three qualities that make my life singular and/or unusual:

• I live on a farm in a small town.
  • I come from a very musical family.
  • I'm home schooled.

Three specific physical descriptions:

• One of my eyes is slightly bigger than the other.
  • I have a dimple that only shows up when I smile widely.
  • The only parts of me that are very tan are my arms.

Three favorites:

• My favorite color is Orange.
  • My favorite candy is black...

Nalani

A tan-skinned girl ran her hand over her curly, light brown hair. She tip-toed quietly down the sandy beach with a smile on her lips. She looked along the beach for a smooth place to lay out her blanket. She carefully stepped around coarse patches of grass, carefull to make sure they didn’t jab her bare feet. The girl laid back and closed her eyes, listening contently to the sound of water lapping against the shore and crickets chirping.

She didn’t know how long she slept before she woke to the sound of a blood chilling howling in the distance.  She sat up. The sky was void of the moon or stars...

Open Prompt

Dessert Colors

The colors on the mountain...Ayla's mind wandered as she watched the landscape. They had been driving for more than six and a half hours now and she was amazed at the difference in their surroundings since they left. The gray sky, the tall buildings, and the loud traffic of the city were now replaced with a fresh, blue sky, colorful sloping hills that were dotted with sheep and cattel of Utah. All the plant life here, although they looked a little dry and pokey, looked clean, healthy, and vibrant and weren't plagued by litter and trash.

Whenever she thought of the word desert, Ayla thought of scorching sand for miles, where it never rained, and where cactus reached toward the sky in a plea for water. Where people saw mirages and where they died from thirst.

Now that word was changed for her. Yes, the climate was a little dry and the air was hot, but it was all alive, with colors she...

Reach For Me

The smile you see

Is really hiding pain

The sunshine you feel

Is really cov'ring rain

CHORUS

Take a look, Is that me?

Or a shadow of who I’m supposed to be?  

I am lost, I am alone,

I can't find my way back home

Can’t you see?

Reach for me

BRIDGE

Hiding in the shadows

Waiting to be seen,

I’ve been searching blindly

Trying to find me

Truths and Untruths

20 Little Things About Life

1. Life isn't fair, no matter how hard we try to make it.

2. The sky isn't always going to be blue, but a rainbow is worth the storm, and the rain can be a relief.

3. Sometimes you have to get dirty, whether you like it or not.

4. You are never truly alone, even when you feel like it. Someone is always watching out for you.

5. You are only bad at something when you compare yourself to someone else.

6. We all have different levels of ability, so be patient with others.

7. What you do is only a drop in a bucket, but without the drops, the bucket would never be full.

8. If you say you can't, then you won't. If you say you can, then you will. Believe in yourself.

9. We all need to cry sometime. Be the shoulder to lean on.

10. Being popular isn't all that it's cracked up to be....

Truths and Untruths

20 Little Things About Life

An Invitation

The bell rang. I took my homework and placed it inside my folder.

The folder was a purple one with glitter and stickers all over the front that Honey had made for me. She had a matching blue one with her name plastered all over the front. I smiled at the memory.

Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I headed towards the door.

“Elaine” I cringed. I hated it when people called me by my real name.

“Yes Ms. Frist?” I looked at my odd teacher with frizzy brown hair and glasses that made her eyes look huge.

She gave me one of her crazy smiles and handed me a yellow slip of paper. I scanned the paper to make sure it wasn’t extra homework. It said: A SPECIAL LUNCH FOR SOME SPECIAL STAR STUDENTS!!!! The paper was covered in exclamation points and smiley faces.

“Uh, thanks, Ms. Frist” I opened my folder wide enough to slip the paper inside....

Silver Diamond

Jenica pushed through the crowd of kids at the bus stop. She climbed up the stairs into the bus, hoping to get a seat by a window. She pushed through the kids to a seat near the back, and sat down on the cracked bus seat.

“Eew!” one of the girls behind her said. They all turned up their noses. She scowled to herself, but  ignored them and stared out the window. The girls behind her continued to try and bug her. She tried looking down at her lap, anywhere but the girls behind her. Jenica really hated rides in the school bus. The bus slowed down and lurched as they stopped at the next bus stop. The door screeched open and kids piled into the bus. She picked at a fold in her jeans. Someone stopped in front of her seat

“Would you mind terribly if I sat next to you?” a girl said in a thick accent that...

Grey Rabbit

A gray rabbit dipped through the dry November weeds looking for something good for him and his siblings to eat. The weather had been dry that year, too dry for much to grow and a few of his younger brothers and sisters had died early because of want of food. He found a patch of moss and began to chew on it furiously.

The rabbits had heard gunshots for the past few days now, killing several of their siblings. The gray rabbit looked up every once and a while to watch for the big furry monsters that came with the terrifying loud popping sounds.

His muscles tensed as he heard barking. He looked up through the grass and took off running; not away, but to round up his siblings. He had seen a tall, two legged walking tree and a terrible black monster. He could hear barking and howling in the distance. His confused siblings ran in all directions. He...

Subtotals

Times

Weeks lived: 676-728. Letters sent: 684. Letters receved: 254. Emails sent: 361. Emails receved: 700. Times I have been told I write good letters or emails: 56. Times I have been called by my mom's or my sisters' names: 2,473. Times I have been called by my own name: 2,789. Times I have been called tall, Tall: 523, Really Tall 246. Times I have been embaressed to be tall: 2. Times I have been mistaken for older than I am: 460. Times I have been mistaken for a college student: 2. Times I have been told I look like my dad: 12. Times I've been told I look like my mom: 4. Times my last name has been pronounced wrong: 1,523. Books read: 7,298. Books written: 0.5. Apples eaten: 768. Trees climbed: 14. Celebrities met: 3. Pets owned: 17. Songs listened to: 10,480. Instruments learned: 5. Recitals played at: 5. Times been misunderstood: 3,690. Times been understood: 3,700. Times I have worried about what others think: 478. Times I haven't cared what...

Where Were You?

You Were Here

Where were you?

When the stars fell down,

And the rain came around,

And I felt so alone?

You were here,

Helping me through my trials,

Drying all my tears.

Where were you?

When the bees kept buzzing,

And I saw nothing,

But a future of pain and tears?

You were here

Casting away shadows

And calming all my fears.

Where were you?

When the ground shook

And the sun went dark

And I thought my heart would break?

You were here,

Showing me a light in a darkened life,

And peace in a broken world.

You were here,

Just waiting for me to see

That you were always there for me.

Even when I didn't want to believe,

You would never leave me behind.

Where were you?

Yes, you were here,

Beside me all along.

Your World in Three Senses

My World

In my world, the bleat of a goat, the bark of a dog, the bock (is that even what it's called?) of a chicken, the meow of a cat, the laughing of children at play, and especially music will be heard, whether you like it or not. The smell of baking bread is often found here along with many other smells that strangers may not find very pleasant, but those who live here have grown accustomed to and learned to love. My world is not new, or always clean and tidy, but what can you expect from a house where creative children have grown up?

Kallie Moe's 28 Likes

Beauty by the.dandelion.writer

Published over 1 year ago

Give Me a Chance? by Suri Purefoy

Published almost 3 years ago

Tension In The Car by Suri Purefoy

Published almost 3 years ago

The world of the Scorcha's. by roxy goth

Published almost 3 years ago

The Fourth Day by Jeremy Houle

Published almost 3 years ago

Inside Your Eyes by Jemma Manela

Published about 3 years ago

Crimson Petals by Suri Purefoy

Published almost 3 years ago

The study of flame-powers by roxy goth

Published almost 3 years ago

predictable by Emery Little

Published almost 3 years ago

Luna by Norah

Published almost 3 years ago

Crystallized by TJ

Published almost 3 years ago

Hide and Seek without the hide. by roxy goth

Published almost 3 years ago

Unique Vs. Common by Annabella Twomey

Published over 3 years ago

Ten Things I Wish To Be True by Ashley

Published about 3 years ago

Feeling by Suri Purefoy

Published almost 3 years ago

I Wish... by Suri Purefoy

Published about 3 years ago

The Forgotten Piano by David Levitsky

Published almost 3 years ago

Alchemical Dream by screm (tobias)

Published almost 3 years ago

10 Essays by Dennise by Dennise

Published about 3 years ago

The mystery of the missing make-up by roxy goth

Published almost 3 years ago

When You Cry by Sunshine Rose Writer

Published about 3 years ago

Sixty Seconds by Aspen Gray

Published about 3 years ago

Gray Area by Aspen Gray

Published about 3 years ago

I Wish... by Suri Purefoy

Published about 3 years ago

Night Time Writing by Grace Mary Potts

Published about 3 years ago

Can I share with you? by Christy

Published about 3 years ago

Me by Hunter

Published about 3 years ago

New Earth by Skgfun

Published about 3 years ago

11 Likes from Others

You Were Here

Liked by 3 people

20 Little Things About Life

Liked by 1 person

Desolation

Liked by 1 person

Nalani

Liked by 1 person

My World

Liked by 1 person

20 Little Things About Life

Liked by 4 people

Reach For Me

Liked by 1 person

Times

Liked by 1 person

An Invitation

Liked by 1 person

You Were Here

Liked by 6 people

Grey Rabbit

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned about 3 years ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned about 3 years ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned about 1 year ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned about 3 years ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned almost 3 years ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned about 3 years ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned about 1 year ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.