Keep calm and go to the ocean 3

catgirl101

Keep calm and go to the ocean 3

catgirl101 (United States) published:

Story of Two Leaves

PROMPT: My December 2016

Story of Two Leaves
Long ago there were two leaves. Their names were Lily and Jack. They lived on a oak tree on Oak Tree Drive. Their tree belonged to the house 3283. Their colours were fine greenish yellow. The family couldn’t care less about the old oak tree in their front yard. Life was good.
Days went by, and weeks, months, and finally the family decided that the tree was taking up too much space, and they decided to...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Keep calm and go to the ocean 3

catgirl101 (United States) published:

Flying Dolphins

Not long ago, there were three girls all aged nine. Their names were Emmie, Anna, and Christa. They loved swimming. That’s why three years ago they joined a local swim team - Flying Dolphins. The team was not that easy to get in. First, you have to have a 50 meter freestyle time of 1’20” when you’re six. When you are nine, you have to have a time of 40”. Emmie was six when she joined, her freestyle time...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Keep calm and go to the ocean 3

catgirl101 (United States) published:

Diary of Gold Rush - 13

Diary of Gold Rush -13

Friday May 4, 1849

I’m so excited!!! Dad said that we are going to arrive in California in 5 DAYS!!! Me and Kadyn still aren’t speaking to each other. I guess dad didn’t feel like getting in the middle of a fight, so he just told me to forget about it. I bet he thinks that’s mom’s job. Not his. And speaking of mom, I got another letter from her. It said:

Dear Katrina-...

Keep calm and go to the ocean 3

catgirl101 (United States) published:

Diary of Gold Rush - 12

KATRINA’S SECRET FRIEND

Wednesday April 25, 1849

That night went well. I told Dad about Ananya. He thought about it for a while, and finally said, “ Well, it would be nice to have someone along on the journey.” I stared at him. In my head I was thinking, Is he thinking what I’m thinking? I finally said, “ What?! She can’t come!” “why not? “ I couldn’t come up with and answer. Why couldn’t she come? Dad continued,...

Keep calm and go to the ocean 3

catgirl101 (United States) published:

Diary of Gold Rush - 12

KATRINA’S SECRET FRIEND

Wednesday April 25, 1849

Keep calm and go to the ocean 3

catgirl101 (United States) published:

Diary of Gold Rush -10

Diary of Gold Rush - Katrin's secret friend

Friday April 20, 1849 

After the fight, we went to bed. No one said anything about the battle. At breakfast that next morning, Sophia, Olivia, Abigail and were talking about their mom. After breakfast, I went to my wagon to play with August. The triplets followed. I asked them if they wanted to play, and they said yes. They told me that they had their own dolls and they would go get them....

Seeking Peer Reviews

Keep calm and go to the ocean 3

catgirl101 (United States) published:

Diary of Gold Rush - 9

Diary of Gold Rush- Katrina's Battle

Saturday April 14, 1849

Today was the BEST day EVER!!! First I woke up and it was 6:00. Of course i’m NOT allowed to get up at that hour, so I had to contain my excitement until 6:55. Then I woke Kadyn and Dad up. And as I have mentioned before, I really didn’t think I got any presents. But I was WRONG!!! Dad got a present for me before we left for...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Keep calm and go to the ocean 3

catgirl101 (United States) published:

Diary of Gold Rush -8

Diary of Gold Rush - Katrina's Battle

Friday April 13, 1849

Dear Diary- Yesterday I told you about the Indians. I was right. Sadly though. Dad said that we have to battle them sooner or later. That’s why every morning when I wake up, I pray that we don’t have to battle them today. So far, my luck’s good. I have good news!!! Kadyn got better at last! I know I haven’t been talking about him lately,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Keep calm and go to the ocean 3
Prolific

catgirl101 (United States) earned a badge Prolific

Keep calm and go to the ocean 3
1

catgirl101 (United States) published:

The Gift

THE GIFT

Casts

Miranda

Lucy

Bryan

Andrew

Train Boy/girl

Tylor

Avery

Storekeeper

Lucinda

Grace

Faith

Hope

Brianna

Tayler

On the train to Antarctica…

Miranda- Hey Brianna! Come sit with me!

Brianna- (sits down) Whew! It’s been a long journey so far!

Miranda- Yeah, but only a few more days until we get there!

Andrew- Hey guys! Have you heard? We’re stopping in 5 minutes to have a break!

Brianna- Great!

Avery- And there’s a...

My December 2016

Story of Two Leaves

Story of Two Leaves
Days went by, and weeks, months, and finally the family decided that the tree was taking up too much space, and they decided to cut half of the branches off. But the leaves did not know that of course, and on the day the tree was to be cut, they lost their aunt and uncle to the saw. Well, they didn’t get cut in half, but instead they floated to the ground. Aunt Prissy was screaming “HELP, HELP!!!” as she floated down. The leaves knew that Aunt Prissy was terrified of falling to the ground. When Lily and Jack were little, she used to...

Flying Dolphins

Not long ago, there were three girls all aged nine. Their names were Emmie, Anna, and Christa. They loved swimming. That’s why three years ago they joined a local swim team - Flying Dolphins. The team was not that easy to get in. First, you have to have a 50 meter freestyle time of 1’20” when you’re six. When you are nine, you have to have a time of 40”. Emmie was six when she joined, her freestyle time was 1’14”. Anna’s time was 1’15”, and Christa’s time was 1’16”. Their age group was 5-6, so they were always first in their lane. They met one day at practice when they were placed in one lane. They made friends instantly. Every Saturday was a swim meet. The Flying Dolphins always won. The coaches at Flying Dolphins were nice but strict. But no one was as strict as Coach Hacklein, and unluckily for the girls, she taught their group. All...

Diary of Gold Rush - 13

Diary of Gold Rush -13

Friday May 4, 1849

Dear Katrina- I’m glad to hear that you will be arriving soon. Be sure to write to me as soon as you get there! I am fine. It seems just like yesterday you, Kadyn and Dad were loading up the wagon! I miss you. Kaylee is fine too. She learned how to. crawl. She is eating more now too. The twins are happy too. They look so much like you when you were a baby!

Write back soon, Mom  

Wow!...

Diary of Gold Rush - 12

KATRINA’S SECRET FRIEND

Wednesday April 25, 1849

That night went well. I told Dad about Ananya. He thought about it for a while, and finally said, “ Well, it would be nice to have someone along on the journey.” I stared at him. In my head I was thinking, Is he thinking what I’m thinking? I finally said, “ What?! She can’t come!” “why not? “ I couldn’t come up with and answer. Why couldn’t she come? Dad continued, “ Think about it. If you want her to come, you can ask her tomorrow.” And with that, he walked out of the wagon. I wanted to say, “What! No way! But why? Why? Why couldn’t she come?” that was the question I asked myself that night, while the triplets chatted. Why?.

That night I made up my mind. I was going to ask her. That morning I walked around the wagon while the dim yellow sun slowly started...

Diary of Gold Rush - 12

KATRINA’S SECRET FRIEND

Wednesday April 25, 1849

Diary of Gold Rush -10

Friday April 20, 1849 

After the fight, we went to bed. No one said anything about the battle. At breakfast that next morning, Sophia, Olivia, Abigail and were talking about their mom. After breakfast, I went to my wagon to play with August. The triplets followed. I asked them if they wanted to play, and they said yes. They told me that they had their own dolls and they would go get them. When they were gone, I wondered about what Dad told me about this morning. He told me that we would get into way more battles with Indians. I’m glad no one got hurt. Just then, Abby, Sophia, and Olivia came in with the prettiest dolls I have ever seen!!! Their names were Avalon, Athena, and Camilla. They even had a spare doll for me! Actually, it wasn’t for me but they decided to give it to me. I named it...

Diary of Gold Rush - 9

Diary of Gold Rush- Katrina's Battle

Saturday April 14, 1849

Today was the BEST day EVER!!! First I woke up and it was 6:00. Of course i’m NOT allowed to get up at that hour, so I had to contain my excitement until 6:55. Then I woke Kadyn and Dad up. And as I have mentioned before, I really didn’t think I got any presents. But I was WRONG!!! Dad got a present for me before we left for California. It was a little doll that had blonde hair just like me! So I named her Augustifina. August for short. Well her full name is Augustifia Janie Taylore. I named her August because August is my favorite month.

…………………………………………………………………

The best part of my birthday was this. When we got on the road, we saw another wagon. We eventually caught up and managed to talk to them. They had 3 girls that were TRIPLETS!!! Their names were- Abigail, Olivia...

Diary of Gold Rush -8

Diary of Gold Rush - Katrina's Battle

Friday April 13, 1849

Dear Diary- Yesterday I told you about the Indians. I was right. Sadly though. Dad said that we have to battle them sooner or later. That’s why every morning when I wake up, I pray that we don’t have to battle them today. So far, my luck’s good. I have good news!!! Kadyn got better at last! I know I haven’t been talking about him lately, but it’s true! Literary. I tried to find a picture but I can’t. The only picture I found, is this one. I was five at that time.

My mom drew it:

Yes, it is the first time that you saw my picture and yes, I do have blond hair. That’s why I liked the Indian girl. And speaking of Indian girls, I saw her again today. Her eyes opened wide and ran into the bushes again....

The Gift

THE GIFT

Casts

Miranda

Lucy

Bryan

Andrew

Train Boy/girl

Tylor

Avery

Storekeeper

Lucinda

Grace

Faith

Hope

Brianna

Tayler

On the train to Antarctica…

Miranda- Hey Brianna! Come sit with me!

Brianna- Great!

Avery- And there’s a gift shop!

Miranda- really?

Brian- Yeah, the train boy/girl is going to come around any second now.

Train whistles

Train Boy/girl- Off the train! Break! There’s a gift shop so bring your money!

Lucy- Hey guys! wait up!

Taylor- huh? Oh hurry up! we only have half an hour you know!

Lucy- Okay! meet you there!

Enters shop

Lucy- Uh why are all the shelves empty?

Lucinda- I don’t know, maybe...

Diary of Gold Rush - 7

Diary of Gold Rush - 7

Thursday April 12, 1849

Today I saw a Indian girl. She had dark hair and looked like this:

Wierd. Actually, cool! I've learned about Indians before in second grade, but I didn’t ever see them! I’m curious. Do they know how to speak english? How old is she? Does she live in an Indian village? Suddenly I froze. I thought of something. Something that weighed down our wagon so that there was no more space for another bed. Something that weighed down my heart in fear. Did you guess what it is? Of course! CANNONS!!! I still remember 3 months ago, when we were just leaving for California, I was asking why did we need so much cannons and guns? Well, the answer was because there are Indians along the trail. At first I thought that I heard wrong. Surely Dad didn’t want us to fight Indians! I asked Dad, “Are we...

Diary of Gold Rush - 6

Diary of Gold Rush - 6

WEDNESDAY APRIL 11, 1849

Okay so, I wrote to my mom saying that I has chosen a name for the twins. It’s either Amaya and Neveah or Sophie and Sophia, or Aliviya and Avery or Abigail and Emma, or Hailey and Hannah. My favorite is actually Faith and Grace, but I didn’t include that. I got a letter from my mom today. She picked the top two which were, Alice and Emma and Amaya and Avery. And she asked ME to pick. I would probably choose, Amaya and Emma, but instead I chose Aliviya and Amaya. I can’t wait to see my new twin sisters! Anyway, Mom also sent a picture of Alice and Amaya. Here it is:

Actually, It’s just a drawing made by ME. Hey, it’s not that easy drawing when you’re walking! Dad told me Auntie Lucy is going to become pregnant and it’s a baby boy! Kadyn was going...

Celina

The Little Gymnast Girl

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Celina. She was four years old. She was also very flexible. In Her little apartment, she taught herself how to do cartwheels, handsprings, and even back walkovers, and tumbled across the floor, climbed on the bookshelves, and scooted up poles. So, her mother, was tired of all her tumbling, said why not send her to take gymnastics? I bet she would be in level three! But on the inside her mom wasn’t so sure. Celina’s older sister, Celinia once loved to do gymnastics too. Unfortunately, when training, Celinia broke her wrist and leg in two different places. So her mom made her quit. But Celinia still wanted her little sister Celina, to take gymnastics to take her place. Celinia was eight and she just quit last year. So Celinia begged her mom to let Celina do gymnastics. Her mom was firm though she wouldn’t let Celina go...

Margalo's Story

Margalo’s Story

Once upon a time, in a kingdom far away, a baby girl was born. Queen Charlotte and King Tomis couldn’t decide what to name their little beautiful daughter. Finally after a lot of name trying, the Queen thought of a beautiful name for their girl-Margalo. The King agreed, though his top name was Priscilla, so it was settled- Margalo.

Ever since she was born, Margalo was treated royally. When she was five, she learned her kingdom’s name Evajewel, meaning everything was beautiful and made out of jewels. Margalo learned that the name came from Ever Jewel.

Margalo also went to school. Her school was called Vermont Elementary. She made friends, Alisha and Maliea. She also met a worldly girl named Ida. She always made fun of Margalo. Ida had long blond hair.  Margalo had long black hair but she wanted to cut it because she was a tomboy. The King didn’t want her too because...

Diary of Gold Rush - 6

Diary of Gold Rush - 6

WEDNESDAY APRIL 11, 1849

Diary of Gold Rush -5

Diary of the Gold Rush -Katrina’s worst fear

Tuesday, April 10th, 1849

That night, I was restless. I tossed and turned all night and got NO sleep. I was too worried and sad. I think Kadyn won’t make it.  The following morning, all the good news was that my mom wrote back a letter for me. Here it is…

Dear Katrina

Hey there! Glad to hear

everyone's well! The trip is

going well huh? I wish I could

have come along.

Write back soon!

Love Mom

As you know, mom doesn’t know about all the trouble this trip is causing because I didn’t tell her. But I am planning to tell her in my next letter though. As I was saying, mom doesn't mean she really wanted to come along on the trip did she? Probably not. Another thing is that I can’t write back soon. Dad is making me take care of Kadyn while he is...

Diary of Gold Rush-4

Diary of Gold Rush-4

Friday, April 6th, 1849

Today when we were walking, I saw another wagon on the trail above us. It’s sides were painted so that it spelled out Blue Crow I think. Dad said that they were going to California too. I hope we get there first! For lunch, we had bread with butter on it. Kadyn skipped lunch. He also threw up again in the bushes. I’m worried about him. I’ve heard that Cholera can kill a person! And from this point, it looks like it’s true. I try my best to not get sick. It’s not as easy as it sounds! We don’t have clean water, food or even good shelter! Everyday, I have to sleep on the ground so that Kadyn can have my bed. Tonight I’ll have trouble falling asleep. I hope I have a Good sleep though, tomorrow’s going to be a long day!

Diary of Gold Rush-3

Diary of Gold Rush -3

Thursday, April 5th, 1849

i got a letter from my mom today. Here’s what it said:

Dear Katrina

Glad to hear that! Have you

been using the journal i bought

you? I can’t wait to read all

about your adventures!

Love mom

How can she think I haven’t been writing in my journal?! I’ve been writing in it every second I get! Anyway, dad said Kadyn is very sick but he’ll make it to the gold fields. Good! all Kadyn wanted to do on this trip was to look at miners and gold fields! Kadyn was to weak to walk, but we couldn’t wait until he got better! That left us one choice. To pull him in the wagon. The wagon was so bumpy that Kadyn threw up and all the milk turned into sweet butter! Can you believe that? Butter!

Diary of Gold Rush-2

Diary of Gold Rush -2

Saturday,March 31, 1849

The next morning I awoke and looked around confused. Why was I on the ground instead of my hammock? Then I remembered. I slept outside last night. After getting dressed and eating breakfast, we were on our way! WaGONs Ho!

I finished my letter today. here’s final decision.

Dear mom: I miss you so much!

We have been walking for 3 whole months!

We have food to eat and water to drink!

When I get back home, me and Kadyn will

buy you your dream house!

Lot of Love

Katrina

I really miss my mom. Whenever I think of her I try to think of lots of golden nuggets. In the meantime, I thought of some bad news to share with you. Kadyn got sick and dad said it’s probably Cholera. I believe him because he used to be a doctor. I asked “do you think you can cure him?”...

Diary of Gold Rush-1

Diary of the Gold Rush-1

Friday March 30, 1849

Hi! My name is Katrina. I am waking in worn out shoes in the desert. Have you guessed where I’m going? If you guessed the California Gold Rush you are exactly right. I’m on my way to California in hope of striking it rich. Right now, (as I have said before,) I am walking in sandals along a desert with my dad and my very annoying 10 year old brother Kadyn. I mean bother. My mother didn’t come along because she had to take care of my baby sister Kailey. Just before we left home, my mother came up to me and gave me this journal that I am writing in right now. I am very hungry and thirsty but it’s only 5:00. I still got to go 5 hours. We have been walking for 3 months. My dad said it would take at least 6 months to get there if...

Dark Side

Oh No,Oh,No. There’s a place that I know it’s not pretty there, and few have ever gone. If I show it to you now, will it make you run away? Or will you stay? Everybody’s got a dark side, will you love mine? Oh I wish I could show you my dark side but you can’t know what’s happening there. If I show you now, it could be dangerous here. You’re way better of staying right where you are. Maybe I’ll show you my Dark side. Only if you really want to see. If you see it, maybe you will flee! As I said before, everybody’s got a dark side. If you love me, I will show you min

catgirl101 doesn't have any likes yet.

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned almost 3 years ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned almost 3 years ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Leader inactive

Become a leader of the pack when over five other writers start following you.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Reviewer inactive

Just write and submit a review to become a reviewer. Get to it!

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.

1 Follower

Melody Rhythm ^_^ Melody Rhythm ^_^

catgirl101 isn't following anyone yet.