Brightness Eden

7th Grade Nerd
Hardly stops reading
District 4 tribute/Ravinpuff/Shadowhunter/Wizard/Demigod/Cosmere Geek/Dragon Friend/ Adventurer/etc.
Will happily review any work!
Keep Writing!

Hey! I'm a nerd from Utah! I'm a Ravinpuff, shadowhunter, wizard, demigod, and tribute, so basically I can be considered a reader (huge one too) If you need someone to cry on or with, I am here! Don't forget to check out some of my fellow writing buddies work...
The_Sunrise_Queen
TwinkleLights
rmssmr
Yellow Sweater
Sophiascb

Enjoy your writing!

Science Fiction Competition 2021

Watching from Afar - Sci-Fi Competition

The departure on June 22nd of 2121, of the last caravan of leaving Shuttles is Chaotic. It's bustling with Men, Women, Children, and Engineers preparing for the last departure from the deserts that were once known as Planet Earth. Over a big speaker an announcer calls out a sequence of numbers. The remaining humans on the launchpad sprint for their cruisers.

All but one. Me.

In sync, all the doors on all the shuttles seal shut. I'm left behind to survive on the barren wasteland or die of starvation or thirst. The gleaming iron doors open with a rush of scorching wind, which howls through the room as the Shuttle caravan takes off. I stand there, trying to be brave, a hand raised in farewell to my family as tears stream down my face. The shuttles vanish into the clouds of dust that plague the earth.

Ten minutes. "Report on December 17th, 2120. The landing is successful! The first...

A Cold Glass of Water (Read Footnotes!)

What is a glass of water to me?

So refreshing,
like Autumn blowing its crisp breath
A glass of water.

So cold,
like a gentle snowfall in Winter’s reign
A glass of water.

The ice tinkles,
like the fairies laugh in Spring’s soft call
A glass of water.

It greets you,
Pausing the intense heat radiating from Summer’s gaze.
A glass of water. 

What is a glass of water to you?

Science Fiction Competition 2021

Watching from Afar - Sci-Fi Competition

All but one. Me.

Love You Forever

They both remember the soft breeze on that summer day. The world was bright, their love was new. They lay in a golden meadow next to the field of barley. Each day, as the sun rose, they met at the waters edge to share a morning kiss and watch the sun rise above the horizon while gleaming its rays onto the sparkling ocean waters. They walk together down the dusty road with eyes only for the other. They spend the glorious summer together, hardly leaving the other's side.
    When the Crisp Autumn days arrive they think back to those perfect days, for their days are perfect no longer. When the screams come from the bathroom, he immediately knows something is wrong. He sprints down to the bathroom to find her on the floor, chest barely moving. Screaming her name he sobs, clutching tightly to her body. Before she takes her last breath and the light fades from her...

Science Fiction Competition 2021

Watching from Afar - Sci-Fi Competition

All but one. Me.

Science Fiction Competition 2021

Watching from Afar - Sci-Fi Competition

All but one. Me.

Science Fiction Competition 2021

Watching from Afar - Sci-Fi Competition

One word for the departure of the last caravan of leaving Shuttles, Chaotic. It's bustling with Men, Women, Children, and Engineers preparing for the last departure from the deserts that were once known as Planet Earth. Over a big speaker an announcer calls out a sequence of numbers. The remaining humans on the launchpad sprint for their cruisers.

All but one. Me.

Ten minutes. "The landing is successful! The first humans have safely landed on mars!"

The second...

31 Days Of Self Love #11

Day #1
1) My Passport 
2) Peanut Butter Bars
3) Pajamas 
4) Sleeping in
5) Traveling

Hawaiian Haystacks

What is a Hawaiian Haystacks?
A big scoop of rice,
and add the Meaty, Creamy Sauce.
Sprinkle Chow Mein Noodles left and right,
stick the tomatoes on the top.
Spread the onions over it all, and
add the Pineapple all around.
Dot the olives into a face,
to let it smile up at you!
That is a Hawaiian Haystack.

31 Days Of Self Love #9 & 10

Day #9
1) The Family Organ
2) Yummy Smoothies
3) Big breakfasts (and second breakfast)
4) Puzzles
5) Cute Fictional Characters  

Day #10
1) Life
2) Nature hikes
3) Alarm Clocks ( i’d never wake up otherwise)
4) Presents
5) Air Conditioners

My Trip To Roshar (Read Footnotes First)

I place my copy of The Way of Kings on the small podium next to a granite arch. There are a few whizzes and whirrs, then a loud bang opens the portal to Roshar, Brandon Sanderson's said-to-be fictional world. I step through the glowing blue-white portal and into Roshar. My first thought as I step onto the rocky ground is, I've always wanted to go to roshar! 
    As I walk into the war camps, everyone stares at me as I walk down the neatly ordered road in my unfamiliar clothes. I stare back at them in their fancy ones, while I take my time observing the scenery and stalls. I'm glad I remembered to wear my glove. Otherwise, I would be considered half-naked. As I walk up the soulcast palace steps to the front gate, my path is barred by two familiar figures. I recognize one as Kaladin Stomblessed! The man next to him is Sigzil. 
    Suddenly, a horn blasts....

Writing Frenzy

Do you ever have a writing frenzy?
They start drastically, the beginning fast.
The words just pour onto the paper, unable to stop. 
It’s a major brain dump of sentences that are stuck together.
They hardly make sense, yet can be understood perfectly.
They flow in some places while in others, its a choppy current.
Word after word, Sentence after sentence.
The words forgotten seconds after they are written.
The sentences come until they are done.
The word train vanishes, leaving no trace to remember.
A writing frenzy is over.
Do you ever have a writing frenzy?

Drifting

Do you ever see a balloon floating across the sky.
I do, I just did, 
it was a star, but doesn’t twinkle
it smiled, but there was no happiness behind
It drifted lazily, beautiful against the bright blue sky;
yet it brought no joy. 

It made me sad.
To think that some happy child lost something,
something meant to bring joy. 

I sometimes feel like a floating balloon,
Smiling, but not happy;
I know from past experience that I will eventually get through.

You Can Do This!
If you are Drifting, grab hold of something.
D-R-I-F-T-I-N-G

Secrets

When you have a secret,
you always look behind;
you don't want anyone to know.

Does someone know?

That constant fear
never ceasing to growl;
what to do if they know.

Do they know?

When you let it slip,
It will never come back;
It is no longer a secret.

Does everyone know?

What do they think,
now that they know;
What to think of me.

Now they know.

Suddenly, a horn blasts....

Forward Backward

Breathing

Breathing
I enjoy 
the crisp air
my lungs inhale
A sweet aroma 
For my nose to smell

Is Breathing,
pushing forward, it
Is Keeping me 
from death, and it
Is saving me
Breathing

(now read backwards)

Repetition

Repetition
Why do we Repeat?
we Repeat the simple and the hard
we Repeat the fun and boring

we Repeat...
 words
   phrases
     routines
   Schedules
 The unnameable 

we Repeat the Repeated
Why do we Repeat?
Repetition

Barnes & Noble

Barnes & Noble
the bookstore in the extremes.
An Extreme amount of books,
An Extremely hard place to leave,
An Extremely hard place to leave without at least ten books,
An Extremely good smelling place (benefits of the books),
An Extremely high price per book. 
Barnes & Noble

31 days of Self Love #8

1) My religion 
2) Being home alone singing as loud as I can with no judgement (not sounding very good)
3) Snack time
4) The number 32 
5) Lazy days at home

Mind Wiped (temporary title)

As a child, I grew up not caring for the business Mother and Father did with their coworkers. As carefree and young as I was, I grew up not knowing the many trials that awaited when I turned twelve. When my twelfth birthday came around, Mother called me into the office. I entered the office and saw Father sitting at the desk with some papers in hand. Mother’s eyes looked red, like she had been crying. Mother turned, sniffling, and left the office. 
“Charlotte, as you should know, your twelfth birthday is coming up, and you are to be “cleansed”-as the mindfulls call it-” Father says. He continues to speak, still looking at his papers. He apparently does not realize how incredibly bored I am.
When he finally looks up he realizes I am not in my seat but am staring instead at a small bird on the back porch that is eating a worm.
“Charlotte!!!!” he says loudly.
I...

Mind Wiped (temporary title)

“Charlotte!!!!” he says loudly.
I...

Don’t Forget Me

Meeting in school, two teenagers began, without realizing, to fall in love. Their love blossomed like a flower. It reached for the sky, unbreakable and undaunted. They were together night and day. Always ready to watch the sunrise in the morning. Always wanting to be with each other. Then, one asked the question they were both waiting for. They were wed and were happy during many future years.
The disaster struck, making them both wish for the good days, the days where joy was the strongest emotion. A letter arrived, summoning them to court. They stand together fear dancing in their eyes, dreading the near future. A side door flies open, and they are forcefully pulled apart. Screaming each other’s name, unable to stand being apart. They are there for a crime of their parents and one of them must pay the price not meant for them to pay. 
One volunteers to save the other, despite the protests and sobs....

Writing Frenzy

Do you ever have a writing frenzy?
The sentences come until they are done.
The word train vanishes, leaving no trace for me to remember.
A writing frenzy is over.
Do you ever have a writing frenzy?

31days of self love #5-7

Day #5
1) Long Hot Showers 
2) Summer!!!
3) My Pj’s
4) Air Conditioner
5) My long hair

Day #6
1) Orange Juice
2) My glasses
3) when people say “Thank you”
4) Drinking Hot Chocolate while it snows
5) The Diversity of Living Things

Day #7
1) My phone
2) Swimming in the Ocean
3) Young Children and under 
4) The school librarian
5) Agency

I forgot to do this the past few dayse, so here they are. 

31 Days of Self Love #5

Here it is:
1) Pizza Parties (especially with Hawaiian pizza)
2) Fruits and Veggies (Im weird like that, i know)
3) Free Books (Pure Happiness Tehehe)
4) My Language Arts/English Teacher (gives me free books)
5) Music

A Piece of Pie

People say “A piece of cake,”
But what if you don’t like it;
Others say “Go break a leg,”
But I don’t really want to.
Some say, “It’s raining cats and dogs,”
But I don’t want to get scratched;

I finally get it!

If you don’t like cake
Eat pie
If you don’t want to get hurt
Be safe
If you don’t wat to get scratched
wish for birds
For they will bring you the happiness you deserve.
Things will fall or fly into place around you.
Or, for that matter, into your stomach.

The Message Before The Abyss

Racing across the grass, running from my perusers. The Archers fire from the surrounding forest, as I sprint towards the burning castle. More of them fire ahead, with the false idea that I am an attacker. One hits me in the upper arm, causing me to trip, gasping in pain.
But the pain is muted by the adrenaline rush. I could also include that, as I am immortal, I heal like no other. I can be killed, but age has a hardly noticeable effect on me. Just 10 meters from the castle, an arrow punctures my upper leg.
I lurch forward to pound on the gates, shouting that i have a message for the castle Lord. My arrow wound in the leg is resulting in much blood loss. I begin to get woozy. 
The gates open, revealing a small squadron of untrusting soldiers that are ready to escort me into the castle walls. I receive no help, limping along like a...

Bad to Good Day

"Well, he's not responding to painful stimuli." 
"STOP IT! Stabbing someone repeatedly in the foot does not make you a doctor!"
"They never said that in the rule book!"
"There isn't a rule book."
Cameron sits in the lobby, listening to their shouted conversation. Even though it is probably not right, he starts giggling, then full out laughing. 
“Shut your giggling mouth up!” A Grumpy looking, and sounding for that matter, man practically yells at him. Cameron lets out a couple more snorts before finally calming himself. The door flings open, somehow softly, to let the doctor rush quietly out.
When his mom, Krista Knox, finally comes out of the room, Cameron hurriedly walks up to her.  As a doctors assistant, she is probably the only one who yells at the doctor on a regular basis, hence the shouting. On the ride home, she complains about every little thing at work. The most commonly mentioned name is Doctor Wallis’s name.  ...

31 days of self love #2-4

I forgot to do it on the past few days, so I’m just catching up...

Day #2
1) My phone (so I can get on WtW)
2) Barnes & Noble/ other book stores (wishing they weren’t so expensive)
3) The lotr books/movies!
4) Brandon Sanderson (My favorite Author)
5) Pianos (especially grand pianos)

Day #3 
1) My Violin
2) The Fuzzy Pillows and Blankets I got for my birthday to protect myself from the monsters under my bed!
3) Sleeping by an open window
4) My New Writing Notebook
5) Smoothies

Day #4 (today)
1) Healthcare Workers
2) My Education
3) Almost Summer!! 
4) Anne of Green Gables
5) My bookshelves (yes, it’s plural)

31 Days of Self Love #1

Hey! I just started this so I hope I’m doing this right!
1) My families (fictional ones included hehe) 
2) My friends (for all the good memories, new or old)
3) The library (I never have enough books) 
4) my piano/violin skills (special thanks to my parents for getting me started)
5) My bed (never get enough time in it though haha) 

The Truth About Math

MATH

M - Mental
A - Abuse
T - To 
H - Humans

Just want to put this out here...

Drifting

I do, I just did, 
it was a star, but doesn’t twinkle
yet it brought no joy. 

It made me sad.
something meant to bring joy. 

Smiling, but not happy;

You Can Do This!
DRIFTING

If Only...

If Only everyone Cared,
If Only we were all Kind;
If Only we weren't Scared,
They make us all seem Blind.

If Only we didn't Drag Others Down,
If Only we were Happy;
If Only we did not only Frown,
The world could be less Snappy.

If the world had no Pain or Fear
Not suffering or the sorrow;
We'd finally find the peace we need,
and no death on the morrow.

Being Judged

People who know me say I talk to much,
People who don't, say I talk to little;
We are Judged by every word that comes out of our mouths.
It can be from Conscious on or your Subconscious.

People who know me say I am wierd
People who don't say I am normal
I don't care, I gave up caring what others think of me.
I act how I want to act, I feel what I want to feel.

If we Judge Meanly, why judge at all.
If we Judge Nicely, It can make someones day.
Compliments come from Judging
Insults Come from Judging

The world these days seems to only Judge Meanly
So I want you to believe these next words, even if they are few...
You are beautiful/handsome just the way you are
You have potential to change someone's or many peoples lives.
YOU MATTER!!!

Beat My Own Game

I made a game that was never meant to be played. But you played it. You played it well. Better than I can comprehend. You approached me with a mischievous grin. Playing Poker with my thoughts. Your poker face lied to me, while mine gave away all my secrets. You always one in the end; to no ones surprise.
    I loved you, but you were lying. You never loved me back. When we parted ways, it broke my heart, yet also saved it. So I decided, no one would ever play my game again.

Free

You can be free
You can Ignore the Unkind Comments
The world can't control you unless you let it control you
I am free
I Ignore the Unkind Comments
The World Doesn't control me because I don't let it.
I am free
FREE!

The Final Jump

The last of the trials is approaching, and it is a large jump from the last. Cliff Jumping... off the grand canyon. The only way for me to survive could also get me killed. After being dragged from the last trial of desert survival, i was placed in a metal box. The interior is entirely black. On arrival, the box had opened to blinding sunlight.
    "Willingly jump, or be pushed." A man says with a gruff voice. I have made up my mind. I will no longer play in their games. I run, jump, and unfold my midnight black wings. Then zip away, into freedom, and into safety.

Book List

I know this is a little unusual, but I want to mix stuff up. I thought it would be a good idea to tell you a list of books I loved, then in the comments recommend books for me to read! Some of the books are as follows...
The Mortal Instruments
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
The Stormlight Archive
The Mistborn Series
Throne of Glass
The Rithmatist
Rangers Apprentice
The Hunger Games
Maze Runner
Anne of Green Gables
Heidi
The Ascendance series
Words on Fire
Wings of Fire
The Lord Of the Rings
The Hobbit
Realm Breaker
Red Queen
Keeper Of the Lost Cities
Adventurers Wanted
Elantris
The Land of Stories
The Wizard of Oz
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Lunar Chronicles
Warbreaker
That's all I will do for now, I wholly recommend them all! Happy Reading!

In the Monkey Cage (please read footnotes)

A cage of glass,
A cage for Monkeys;
At an impasse
I hear your story

Taken from your Mother,
Taken from your Home;
Then go to another,
It is not the same.

I grew up around people,
A pet on a golden leash;
Worshiped like a Steeple,
Like a Prize to be won.

If something went bad,
I got the worst of it;
Treated like a dirty rag,
People had no manners.

When I grew to big,
I was sent away
To the forest, like a wild fig;
barely surviving on my own.

I was alone when Sarah found me,
almost dead, lying on the ground;
In a way, locking me up set me free
I am healthy, thriving in my cage

There are hundreds of others
That still need our help.
They all are my brothers
I know the word can change.

To the One That Tried

Dear The One Who Tried,

Doing better was my only dream. My constant wish, and my everlasting companion. Or so I was led to believe. When I met you, that dream changed. Your ocean blue eyes drew me in like a moth to the light. Your dirty blond hair is wild on your head, never tidy, yet always perfect. Your perfect skin makes me want to stay in your arms forever. My new dream became you.
    You visit every day, favoring me with your sweet and simple gifts. A flower for my hair, a chocolate from your collection. Each day brings a new experience, and a new gift. On my birthday, you are the only one at the party. You give me the greatest gift. On one knee with a golden ring.
    On the days following, you and I tried to glimpse what lay ahead. We saw too much. And I began to hate you for it. You...

Pain Sent Through Love

Ripping out my heart,
Stabbing me in the back;
You made the aching start,
Almost like a heart attack;

As some people say,
you're fictional and fake;
But i can spend all day,
Hurting for your sake;

Leaving me broken,
Crying on the bed;
the words left unspoken,
depressed that you are dead.

Dancing in the Rain

Inhaling the scent of sulfur on the air,
Can't remember a single care;
Falling onto the warm ground
Grateful for the joy I've found;
Dancing in the rain.

Spinning and Twirling,
Running then Whirling;
They splash on my head,
the end fills me with dread;
dancing in the rain.

When the rain stops
my spirit seems to drop;
But I won't forget,
and never regret;
dancing in the rain

What to do with a Broken Donkey

What do you do with a broken donkey?
What do you do with a broken donkey?
What do you do with a broken donkey early in the morning?

Put ‘im in a cave to feed the dragon
Put ‘im in a cave to feed the dragon
Put ‘im in a cave to feed the dragon early in the morning

Love You Forever

They both remember the soft breeze on that summer day. The world was bright, their love was new. They lay in a golden meadow next to the field of barley. Each day, as the sun rose, they met at the waters edge to share a morning kiss and watch the sun rise above the horizon while gleaming its rays onto the sparkling ocean waters. They walk together down the dusty road with eyes only for the other. They send the glorious summer together, hardly leaving the other's side.