Ford Coplen

Default avatar user icon
1

Ford Coplen (United States) published:

Bishop's Backstory

Bishop stood rigid. He could only tell the body on the table was his son because his nametag from work was still intact.
    "Yeah... that's him." His breath shook, he trembled., He would not let himself break down in front of this doctor. He felt somewhere between wanting to crumble into a ball on the floor and beating evertything and everyone until his fists were gone.
    "I'm sorry you had to see him like this." the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
Reviewer

Ford Coplen (United States) earned a badge Reviewer

Default avatar user icon

Ford Coplen (United States) reviewed:

Enough

PROMPT: Truths and Untruths

Default avatar user icon

Ford Coplen (United States) published:

The Third Apocalypse

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Form my perch in the bushes, I could see the beast in front of me. It had four horns and the snout of an old world cow. At one point in time there was no vegetation here. There were immense cities that covered the entirety of the earth. The beast raised it's shaggy head and sniffed the air. It huffed and moved opposite my direction. I could tell it had not seen me. The sign above my head said, in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Ford Coplen (United States) published:

Cheating Mortality: Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Yuri sat on the edge of his bed. He was glad that he did not drink like his friends did, he was only feeling a minor headache. It wasn’t even worth calling a headache, it was just a slight throb in his head. I have made a policy for myself to never get too drunk. It would be horrible if somehow I revealed my ‘condition’ while intoxicated. Need I remind you that I am a military secret. I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Ford Coplen (United States) published:

Cheating Mortality: Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Do You LIke Apples?

You may think me to be a figment of imagination. I know because that is what I have seen in every other instance of your being. I am every bit as real as you are. Who am I? I am a traveler. I have traveled to every corner of the universe and every multiverse. I have seen beauty beyond comprehension and horror beyond imagination. And at the center of it? You humans. I have...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Ford Coplen (United States) liked Enough by Tacita (United States)

Default avatar user icon
Default avatar user icon

Ford Coplen (United States) started following Thalia Moore

Default avatar user icon
Teh face

Ford Coplen (United States) started following Ikiah Mosely

Default avatar user icon
Default avatar user icon

Ford Coplen (United States) started following Robert Johnson Jr.

Bishop's Backstory

"I'm sorry you had to see him like this." the doctor said. 
    No you're not.
    He felt harsh stinging bile rise from the back of his throat. He put his hand over his mouth and swallowed it back down. A single tear fell from his left eye.
    "Please... cover him up."
    The doctor nodded and pulled the tarp back over Yuri's eviscerated body. He jotted a couple notes in his Holo-pad and left the room.
    He was alone with his son....

Fantasy Writing Competition

The Third Apocalypse

Form my perch in the bushes, I could see the beast in front of me. It had four horns and the snout of an old world cow. At one point in time there was no vegetation here. There were immense cities that covered the entirety of the earth. The beast raised it's shaggy head and sniffed the air. It huffed and moved opposite my direction. I could tell it had not seen me. The sign above my head said, in barely discernable letters, "FOREST HILLS". I focused on the beast, I slowed my breathing. I channeled the magical energy to my hands. The started to grow cold and at the same time seething hot. I coiled, set my sights on the beast. It slowly lumbered along. I yelled and sprinted out of the bushes. The beast bleeted and ran. For a hairy lumbering creature, you wouldn't expect it to run like it did. I chased the thing out of the crumbling...

Cheating Mortality: Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Yuri sat on the edge of his bed. He was glad that he did not drink like his friends did, he was only feeling a minor headache. It wasn’t even worth calling a headache, it was just a slight throb in his head. I have made a policy for myself to never get too drunk. It would be horrible if somehow I revealed my ‘condition’ while intoxicated. Need I remind you that I am a military secret. I stood up groggily and went to the kitchen. My house was pretty compact. The kitchen and bedroom are the same room. My bathroom is separate, of course. I could afford a bigger house if I wanted, but somehow I felt more comfortable in this small space. I know every inch of it. I set up some water for an energy brew (The equivalent of coffee). I held a palm device that was the equivalent of neurolink except that it works...

Cheating Mortality: Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Do You LIke Apples?

You may think me to be a figment of imagination. I know because that is what I have seen in every other instance of your being. I am every bit as real as you are. Who am I? I am a traveler. I have traveled to every corner of the universe and every multiverse. I have seen beauty beyond comprehension and horror beyond imagination. And at the center of it? You humans. I have seen you all do wonderful things... and terrible things. Why am I here? I am not supposed to do this but I am going to show you the future. I could get in to a lot of trouble for this so don’t tell anyone, alright? Why am I doing this? I have been an observer for too long. I have watched people, empires, and civilizations born and eventually slain. If I can save somebody, anybody, I can die happy. So...

Ford Coplen's 1 Like

Enough by Tacita

Published over 2 years ago

1 Likes from Others

Bishop's Backstory

Liked by 1 person

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned over 2 years ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned over 2 years ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned over 2 years ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned over 2 years ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Leader inactive

Become a leader of the pack when over five other writers start following you.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Prolific inactive

Publish over ten different pieces to be truly prolific!

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.