ThatOneAntagonist

INFJ
lgbtq+ rights/BLM/stop racism and asian hate
Writer (of course)
Current Book: magic misfits: book two
Fav Books: KotLC, Pages and Co., Edward Tulane, etc...
in need of writing assistance
I'm a bit strange, but who isn't

If you need a review just ask
Mine is a place of love where hatred is not welcome
Basically: Mistakes are fertilizer, brownie points if you can figure that out

August Grab Bag

The Star Called Moldy

"Mommy, what are those dots in the sky? They kind of look like Moldy."
    "Moldy?"
    "You know, Mrs. Helena's cat, the one with all the white freckles."
    "Ah, yes, I remember now."
    "So what are the dots called?"
    "Stars, sweetie, they're called stars. They are the only things that remain pure, and we cannot even reach them. But perhaps that is the reason that they are so pure."
    "Mommy?" The little girl stared up at her mother. She was looking out at the sky, and her eyes absorbed the stars. There was something so majestic about the way that pure starlight stuck her dark-tan skin. In the dim light of dusk, she appeared to be an amazonian queen, looking out at her subjects.  
    "Yes, sweetie," her voice was breathless and wispy. It was something like a smooth rasp or a gentle grunt. The little...

August Grab Bag

The Star Called Moldy

"Moldy?"
    "Ah, yes, I remember now."
    "So what are the dots called?"

Truth Lies in the Darkness

Beneath the drape of dark,
Before expanse I sit,
It begged and cried and barked,
To close smut speckled lid;

But even dreams recoil,
They fear obsidian sword,
Of terror dark as oil,
That strikes a lethal chord;

Now on the sea I’m dropped,
The mist grows close and thick,
My oar is frail with rot,
My sail, it frays and rips;

Concealed by darkened waves,
A thing of scales and teeth,
Emerged from hidden cave,
And rose up from the deep;

My heart swings on a noose,
The rope is smeared with mold,
I know I am recluse,
Far from the words of gold;

Fwoosh! My stomach falls
I’m high above the sea,
I feel nothing at all,
And fear escapes from me;

But no good thing endures,
For longer than it will,
So my decline was sure,
To be unwanted thrill;

No descent took place,
Though, I should have fell,
The one who saved my fate?
The who,...

Fairy Tale Friday: Chapter 4--Guildless

“Everyone shut up,” Sarah whispered, turning grave. She crept towards the door and listened. 
    “You have to say the password dummy,” a girl’s muffled voice scolded, “do not try to break the door down. Wha-- theonewhowandersaloneislost.” In an instant the door was open and Alex had barely enough time to step aside before a mass of curly hair charged into them. They couldn’t see the door, but they heard it close and someone gasping from the other side. 
    “You IDIOT!” A girl said. The door opened once more and a small girl walked in.
    Her ghost-pale face was scrunched up in pain. Around her, a flurry of frizzy, white hair was posed in a cobra-like position with its blue tips hissing at the kid who had come running in. Alex turned to investigate the object of her rage. 
    He was very tall and scrawny, as if he didn’t eat much. He had a poof of...

IDK what to call this

um...Martha: close that book this instant!

let's see...uh, Kerri: But it doesn't even have any words.

Martha: Exactly! No child of mine will read a book with no words!

Kerri: But moooooooom, this book isn't even for reading.

Martha: then what's it for? 

Kerri: sticking the pages together with glue that I concocted from the blood of dogs

Martha: ..... that is an interesting and creative choice that I will respectfully disagree with. That being said, I've signed you up for summer camp so you should go pack your things.

Fairy Tale Friday: Ch. 3--Laws and lawbreakers

“The meeting is technically supposed to start a little later than this, but if you’re already there before they come, then it might be easier to--” Sarah stopped and turned around, “you good?” Alex was at the other end of the hallway. For someone who isn’t allowed to eat, she’s fast, they thought as they sucked in a breath. It would probably be rude to ask about it, though. 
    “Could you...slow down,” they panted. Sarah turned all the way around to face them, indicated that she would wait. When Alex caught up to her she smiled and they began walking at a leisurely pace. 
    “You know, when I first met you I thought you were going to be the cool and collected type,” Alex said, “but now you’re like a totally different person.”
    “Yeah, I’m not usually this hyper,” Sarah said, “unless I find someone like you. There aren’t many, you know. 
    “Someone like me?” Alex...

a compilation of teen angst and internal dialogue

y'all
I know someone out there can relate to this. All my twins out there know the pain when these words are spoken:
--your sister did this better than you, maybe she could help you out
--how is your sister so obedient and you're so whiny/lazy/ungrateful/unhelpful
--you have your twin, right? (when everyone else partners up and you can't say you don't want to be partners with your twin and both of you are thinking ti too)

all my lgbtq+ members out there with parents who are trying to understand but are being really awkward:
--why did you feel the need to say happy pride month? Is there something going on?
--okay, I support you and all, but maybe you shouldn't, like, tell people that you're [insert part of lgbtq+].
--I don't want you to watch she-ra, owl house, etc... around your younger siblings(who aren't really that young). Why? BecAusE i SAiD So!

all my peeps with parents who care...

The Lyre House (Review for Review)

The Lyre House was a lonely house, on a lonely hill, under a vengeful, gray sky. You could hear the wind moaning sometimes when he caught on the curtains or the pages of books fallen of the shelves. The stars were loathe to rest above the remains of old lyre, leaving a veil of void looming over it at night. There was nothing beautiful about that house, even when it was alive, except for the path. 
    There was once a path that lead down the hill and bled into the road below. It was a dirt path lined with sweet smelling flowers speckled with dew. The path itself was no extraordinary sight, but beauty is not in the eye of any beholder, but instead dwells in their soul. This path was a treasure chest of love containing the footsteps of playing children and the tracks of the brand new automobile. No child would ever run up that path...

The Lyre House (Review for Review)

The lyre house sat atop a lonely hill under a vengeful, gray sky. There was a path down to the road which was worn out by the feet of little children and the tires of automobiles. That is the only thing that holds any solid resemblance to the past. No little child or automobile would ever run up or down that path again. You see, it is generous to call it a house, as it looks to be a forgotten pile of charred wood and rubble. However, it is too tearful to call it a forgotten pile of rubble. So, it is a house. 
The house that is not a home anymore. The house that was haunted by rumors and faint whispers. The house whose great spires had fallen and eroded into a dust, carrying only a faint glimpse of a memory. The memory of the Prices.  
    Rumor has it that theystarted the fire, but if you...

The Lyre House (Review for Review)

The Lyre House (Review for Review)

The lyre house sat atop a lonely hill under a vengeful, gray sky. There was a path down to the down which was worn out by the feet of little children and the tires of automobiles. That is the only thing that holds any solid resemblance to the past. You see, it is generous to call it a house, as it looks to be a forgotten pile of charred wood and rubble. However, it is too tearful to call it a forgotten pile of rubble. So, it is a house. 
The house whose great spires had fallen and eroded into a dust, carrying only a faint glimpse of a memory. The memory of the Prices. 
    Rumor has it that they started the fire, but if you were really there to see it then you would know. It started from the apple tree in the yard, then it leaped to the perfectly maintained lawn. Soon, fire was licking at...

When Music Gets Angry

Music was always sweet to a girl named Iris. Music would make her laugh and even though it also made her cry, it always apologized after. When music said hello it was always quiet, unless there was big news or it wanted to scare the girl. When they played tage, music would flit around, pretending to be a butterfly. Iris would laugh so hard that she could hardly run anymore. 
    Music was always sweet to a girl named Iris, who had never known music to get angry. So, when music did get angry, it was frightening. Iris knew that she was music’s best friend, so she didn’t mind if it had other friends. That is, until music got angry at her. 
    Music was always sweet to a girl named Iris, but not when it got angry. When it got angry, it would scream horrible accusations at Iris. It would call her false and manipulative, and when Iris...

Fairy Tale Friday: Ch. 2--But Something Was Terribly Wrong

“D-did that door just talk?” Alex asked. Sarah gave them a confused glance.
    “No.” She answered. Well that was a bit snarkier than it needed to be, Alex thought as they followed Sarah to the door. 
    As the they got closer to the office, Alex began to shake. It wasn’t only about meeting the principals now, it was about something else, but Alex was too afraid to figure out what it was. Alex was also now just noticing the carving on the door. It depicted a stone bridge that presided over a river. This portion of the door was painted gold. The was a cloaked figure standing in the center of the bridge holding two books in either hand. 
    There was writing under the carving, but Alex didn’t have time to read it before an slow, creaky voice called to them from inside the office.
    “Well? Are you coming in? We don’t have all day...

Fairy Tale Friday: Once Upon a Time

Ciseal In the Middle School was not far from extravagant. With it’s great big, corinthian pillars, it seemed more like a grecian temple than any school I had ever been to. There was a wide trying resting on top of these pillars, which depicted the logo of the school: a ‘C’ whose end met the end of an ‘M’ whose start stabbed through the center of the ‘C’. 
    Behind the triangle could be seen the top of a glass dome with a flag flying high above the trees surrounding it. This was not the flag of any sort country, but rather another tribute to the school itself, flying high above the buttresses of the school.
    On either side of the dome, two ornate platforms sported identical statues of a crown with a large jewel in the center. There were also flags on these crowns that demanded attention from the farthest reaches of the lawn where a group...

My Imaginary Bookstore (Unabridged version) Pls review

Cira squinted at the faded words on the page. She wasn't usually one of the night workers, but tonight was special. Tonight the mystery of the Magic Wardrobe would finally be solved.
    She was on the last page of the book and the main character, Feona, was about to discover the villain who kept vandalizing the stage and props. Cira grinned widely. They didn't write stories like this anymore, it didn't pay well enough to spend time on good writing. Cira's nose could have touched the page, but she wouldn't have been able to read that way.
    "You know those books aren't supposed to be read, right?" A voice at the door said. She almost fell out of her chair.
    "Gahhhhh," Cira seethed as she dropped the book. She fumbled her inspection glasses onto her face. They were upside down but it would do. She looked at it all over and then let out a breath. Putting the book...

Once Upon a Time

Time Upon a Once

Once upon a time, in a time which was quite outside of time, which of course made it not a time. Once upon a not-time, in a time that was quite outside of time, lay the whispering quilleries. Some in the world of time know them as stars and their queen and king as the moon and sun. 
    The quilleries were a merry folk, that floated around the cosmos, dancing and swaying to a particular tune. They paid little attention to the world of time. The world of fleeting and fleeing and fragility. They mostly turned their eyes towards eternity. The world of forever, felicity, and freedom. And they spent eternity looking for it. Except for one.
    Oh, she was the greatest of them all, and she never whispered. In fact, she was quite a loud quillery, boisterous as well. Whenever the sky danced she would sing of great quest that ended in loving...

Can i touch the stars too?

Ever since she was little, Melody had been destined for great things. Or so she had been told. She had also been told that you didn’t need money. That had been a lie as well. Her mother had told as a child that she was seed and if she were planted in the ground just the right way and cared for just the right amount, that she would grow into a great redwood tree. Well, Melody had never seen the sky full of stars, not once. The great redwoods must have blocked her sight.
    Melody turned the radio volume up to 19, like she always did. If she sat still enough, she could feel the car vibrating with the rhythm of the country music. Out here we have a home in our hearts it sang cheerfully. Out here we have a sky full of stars. 
    “Out we have greasy pizza and minimum wage jobs,” she grumped, staring...

Science Fiction Competition 2021

My Imaginary Bookstore

She was on the last page of the book and the main character, Feona, was about to discover the villain who kept vandalizing the stage and props. They didn't write stories like this anymore, it didn't pay well enough to spend time on good writing. Cira's nose could have touched the page, but she wouldn't have been able to read that way.
    "You know those books aren't supposed to be read, right?" The voice startled Cira.
    "Gahhhhh," Cira seethed as she dropped the book. She fumbled her inspection glasses onto her face. They were upside down but it would do. She looked at it all over and then let out a breath. Putting the book on her desk, she snapped her head around to glare at Palun.
    "Are you trying...

Fairy Tale Friday: Chapter 5--Guildless

“Who is it?” Sarah said tentatively.
    “The one with no home who wanders alone,” came the muffled reply. Sarah went to the door and unlocked the chain lock. Almost immediately a boy came barreling into the room, slamming the door behind him. 
    “Yowwwww,” someone howled from the other side. The door opened again to reveal a short girl with short, platinum-blond hair that curled inward, creating a snow white kind of feel. She wore a white, north face jacket and ripped jeans. She also had a headband littered with jeweled flowers. 
    “You closed the door on me,” she snapped, rubbing her head. She moved past me and I felt a cold breeze, but only briefly, “you should be ashamed of yourself. Take that.” A gasp escaped from the boy.
    “Catelyyyn,” he whined, rubbing his head.
    “What? It’s only fair, besides, I thought that your mess of hair would cushion the blow.” The statement was...

Science Fiction Competition 2021

My Imaginary Bookstore

Cira squinted at the faded words on the page. She wasn't usually one of the night workers, but tonight was special. Tonight the mystery of the Magic Wardrobe would finally be solved. They didn't write stories like this anymore, it didn't pay well enough to spend time on good writing. 
    She was on the last page of the book and the main character, Feona, was about to discover the villain who kept vandalizing the stage and props. Cira's nose could have touched the page, but she wouldn't have been able to read that way.
    "You know those books aren't supposed to be read, right?" 
    "Are you trying to get...

Fairy Tale Friday: Chapter 4--Guildless

“Mmmph! MMMMMPHHH!” I tried to scream through the sock in my mouth. I was attempting to yell for help, but it sounded more like I was trying to imitate a yak. I could hear Sarah trying to explain to Gretel why I wasn’t a spy. I could also hear gretel trying to convince Sarah that I was, and Hansel shouting that I had brainwashed her. 
    “You are the worst hypocrite in the world!” Sarah said in the loudest whisper I’d ever heard. I wondered what that meant. It might have been easier to figure out if I wasn’t being dragged across the floor, bumping into doorways and doorstops. 
    This went on for a while and I was sure they were trying to give me a concussion, but we finally stopped. I opened my eyes, which I hadn’t realized were closed, to a ceiling (I was on the floor, what did you expect) and a head, which suddenly...

Science Fiction Competition 2021

My Imaginary Bookstore

Cira squinted at the faded words on the page. She wasn't usually one of the night workers, but tonight was special. Tonight she would finally solve the mystery of the Magic Wardrobe. They didn't write stories like this anymore, it didn't pay well enough to spend time on good writing. 
    "Gahhhhh," Cira seethed as she dropped the ground. She fumbled her inspection glasses onto her face. They were upside down but it would do. She looked at it all over and then let out a breath. Putting the book down, she snapped her head around to glare at Palun.
    "Are you trying to get me fired?"...

Science Fiction Competition 2021

My Imaginary Bookstore

"Are you trying to get me fired?"...

The meeting room along with some confusion and frozen-ness

A shudder rode up Jace’s spine and he felt his neck stiffen. His hand lay on the doorway, frozen. There were voices on the other side. One of them, he knew, belonged to his mother. Well, technically she was his stepmother, but he had never known his real mother. After growing up with his dad for eight years, having a mother had begun to seem like a wish . Then Loreli, the kindest person ever, came into his life and now he wouldn’t have it any other way. 
“Absolutely not,” she was saying, “how dare you come into this house and with such outrageous ideas!” Jace had never heard his mother so angry before, much less at guests. Though the guests were quite rude (they hadn’t even introduced themselves). They had stayed for dinner, two women with ginger hair and matching dresses. Then Loreli had invited them to talk in “The Meeting Room”. Dad had gone to sleep and Jace...

I could not refrain from inquiring into her peculiar manner this time. Not to be rude, but shouldn’t she be able to check out a library book herself? She looked afraid to even just go into the library.
    “Sarah,” I asked, trying to be as polite as possible, “are you not able to come with me and check out a book yourself?” (Sarah: as you can see, he totally failed in his quest) She looked at me and slowly shook her head. Suddenly, I felt a sensation of wrongness, like the feeling of being watched. The only difference in this was that this made my gut wrench and my heart lurch into my throat. However, I ignored this feeling once again, though more reluctantly.
    “No.” Sarah whispered simply.
    “Why?”
    “Because I am not allowed to.”
    “Not allowed to what?”
    “I’m not allowed to go into the library. I’m not allowed to go into...

Sarah was right, it wasn't as bad as it had seemed. It was worse. I mean, it wasn't as overwhelming as the door had been, but that was what was really scary about it.
    To be honest, I think the scariest things are the things that you know very little about. The things that seem wrong but you don't know why. That was this office. For one thing, there was the decorations. There were none. No animal skins or all the horrifying things that had been on the outside. There were only bookshelves lining all the walls. The strange thing about these bookshelves, though, was that only the top shelf of each one had books on them. Every other shelf was covered by what looked like wooden panels and had the word NO written on each them in bright red paint. 
    Other than that there was a desk. It was a pretty standard desk, nothing especially strange...

Fairy Tale Friday: Once Upon a Time

There were only a few notable things about Ciseal Middle School. The first thing was that it took on a mysterious aura that one might find in a Grimm brother's fairy tale or Hans Christian Andersen. Remembering it now, I feel I knew so little about that strange aura. Which brings us to the second thing: the students. Each of them seemed so abnormal. Don't take me wrong, it isn't in a bad way but none of the students were normal. Take Sarah, for example. (She doesn’t have a last name, it's just Sarah). You know, it's actually kind of funny how I met Sarah. Alright, story time, everyone:
    It was my first day of school and I already had a weird feeling. At the time, I thought it had just been that there was no one around which made sense because it was a cold winter day. Though, main hall that I stood in was completely still and silent,...