Ellington Stone

Hi, I'm Ellington (a.k.a. Ellie)
She/Her 15
INFP & HSP
OLP, Grapheme-Color
#BLM
#loveislove
#feminism
Joined Feb. 2021

Hey!
I LOVE to read & write & draw (Melanie Cellier, Wendy Mass, & Jillian Dodd) ...all that good stuff.
I mainly post things I've been playing around with, but I always appreciate feedback! Feel free to drop a comment or a review, it's always appreciated. If you ever want a review, I'd be happy to help. Just ask :>
I mostly write little poetry things, short stories, flash fictions, and some political commentary/mockery.
Thanks!

Peer Reviews

Table for One

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

unknown

Starless

10 days

The Town

PROMPT: Week 1 - Hometown

13 days

Blossoms and Winter Winds

PROMPT: Week 2 - Sestina

unknown

When I get Home

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition: 2021

This is really good!! I´m printing it out :) I saw your review on my piece, and I wanted to leave a comment but it was glitching and wouldn´t let me. SO... here´s the comment I wanted to leave XD: Oh wow, I am so glad you liked it!! This means so much!! The audience was actually supposed to be a ¨twist¨ of sort, but I do not think I totally pulled it off. The two last lines: ¨It is a love letter To myself.¨ Are supposed to show that the intended audience is not an ex-lover or friend, but myself. Some people in the comments got it, but I think it was a bit confusing, so don´t feel bad!! Is there a way to make it more clear? And I´ĺl totally hop over to your profile and review one of your works!! Again, thanks so much!! This means a TON :)

22 days

the city; the elevator

PROMPT: Week 1 - Hometown

unknown

A Favourite Place of Mine

PROMPT: Mid-February Grab Bag

I truly enjoyed reading this, and I NEED TO KNOW WHERE IT IS!! Lol, but, honestly, it was really good. You're super talented!!

about 2 months

Love

PROMPT: Single Greatest Challenge

I'm so glad I found this, I printed it out so I can read it whenever I need it. It truly IS a great reminder, just like people said in the comments. Thanks for writing it!!

about 2 months

Sight

I was just gonna add a comment, but it was too good and deserved more :)

about 2 months

dungeon

This truly is incredible, well done!! You are SUPER talented, and I can't wait to hear these to music!! :)

about 2 months

Being a Woman Means Being Afraid

PROMPT: Op-Ed Competition 2021

I was originally just going to post a comment, but it was just too good. I was basically speechless after reading it the first time (I printed it out and taped it to the wall behind my desk). This is... amazing. Like, AMAZING!! It's insanely powerful. And I, as girl/women, know exactly what you're talking about. Just wanted to say that I was totally genuine, you're super talented. Great job, I hope you win!! I'll be rooting for you :)

about 2 months

I Bleed

Thanks again for reviewing my piece, I hope this is enough!! I really liked it, it spoke to me. The title is simple, but super thought provoking. Amazing job!!

about 2 months

How To Be Latina (as defined by American culture and media)

This was honestly really great!! I loved it so much!!

2 months

A Deception of Silk

unknown

because of: a red stain

PROMPT: 25 Words

I really like it!! I think you played into the prompt super well. Plus, it's obvious that each and every word impacts the story. Nothing is random, it's all thought out.

3 months