River Rae

I love:
-Vaquitas (look it up it is a real animal)
-Wolves
-Reading and writing
-Singing
-Learning
-Reading and writing deserve to be here twice
-My dogs

I believe every story can make a difference to someone.
Even the most insignificant story could be the most impactful of it's time.
So look up from the computer screen and out at the world.
Then write what matters.

Sincerely, the one who broke free

Dear Society,
    I want you to know I’m done. Done pretending to be someone I’m not. Done parading around if I’m found “acceptable.” Done hiding in the shadows if I’m declared “irredeemable.” And I’m done being who you tell me to be. I don’t know how I ended up in this house with these clothes and thoughts that aren’t my own. They’re yours, Society, do you recognize them? Telling people to parade around because they’re “special,” while parents tell every kid they’re “special,” and the truth is no one is particularly unique or different because you told us not to be and we listened. So I decided it was time we had a little chat. Time I told you the truth. So, dear Society, this is for you and those you still have trapped within your grasps. This is every thought I’ve suppressed over the years because you told me too. Dear Society, I think we’re through. This is the...

Random thoughts

I’m just typing whatever comes to mind so this could be horrible or amazing. I realized that one fatal flaw in humanity is that we don’t care. It doesn’t start out that way, but it gets to that point. Eventually you start to feel left out and like the world doesn’t care about you. And when no one cares, you stop caring. Because what’s the point if no one will ever notice that you ever did care. And sure people will still care about their close friends and family, but hardly anyone will care about the strangers on the street. And it’s not that we don’t want to care, it’s that we get nothing in return, and survival is used to demand that we be selfish. Because we wouldn’t have survived if we weren’t, but that was then, this is now.
And we don’t seem to realize that we’re pushing our problems on the next generation, hoping they can fix...

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition: 2021

The world was breaking. And now it's broken.

I have always been good at seeing both sides of the story. Always had my own opinion, but always listened to the opinion of others. Most people can’t do that.
    But then there was this time I was on a road trip, at a gas station filling up the car. These people were five steps at most from the trash can but instead they rolled down their window and threw their plastic out of it.
    That is the one thing I have never been able to see the other side to. Because there shouldn’t be another side. Climate change is real. Littering is bad. Our carbon emissions need to be cut down immediately. We need to stop killing endangered species.
    This isn’t an opinion. This isn’t prioritizing what I think is important. This is prioritizing what is important. And yet it’s being swept under the rug like some parasite that will go away over time instead of growing bigger. ...

Keep reading it's worth it

I can honestly say I have no idea what I'm about to write. Sometimes words fill your mind and you just have to get them down, even if you don't yet know what the words are. Sometimes like a waterfall they cascade down and fill your mind before you realized what was happening, you were swept away in the current. And language itself is a miracle for words are just sounds that we incorporate with a meaning. I am a firm believer that the pen is mightier than the swords, that words hurt more than any blade could. Yet I also believe you can't let the words of others get to you. So do these words even matter? Are they a weapon of light and hope to spread a message across the world or what little part of the world sees it? Or is it not even worth putting down because no one will listen to an opinion that isn't...

Stronger Than Ever Before (Link to song in footnotes)

Standing 
At the hilltop 
Not even seeing the ruins

When the sun sets 
And the moon rises
And you start to see
The truth we’re living

This world we chose to 
Live in is broken but
Rebuilding
Stronger than ever before

We are finding
We are stronger than ever before

Standing
At the mountains 
Looking at what lies below

When the sun sets 
And the moon rises
And you start to see
The truth we’re living

This world we chose to 
Live in is broken but
Rebuilding
Stronger than ever before

We are finding
We are stronger than ever before

Slowly you will start to see
Just come with me

When the sun sets 
And the moon rises
And you start to see
The truth we’re living

This world we chose to 
Live in is broken but
Rebuilding
Stronger than ever before

We are finding
We are stronger than ever before

Corazon Prep, Part 2

Trinity Divine
I was confused. I don’t remember my parents signing me up for Corazon prep. I’d never even heard of it. And even if they had put me on the waiting list Allegra wouldn’t have gotten a letter. Her parents wouldn’t have been able to afford the tuition fee that usually went along with any school my parents attempted to sign me up for. Usually it ended in me being sent back to homeschool. 
“Does yours say the same thing?” I asked her, still confused.
“It does…” Allegra bit her lip, just as confused as I was.
“I mean this could potentially be great! Going to school together,” I began. “But we should ask my parents about this and make sure it wasn’t some type of mistake.”
“I’m not su-” I had rushed into the dining hall before Allegra could finish.
“Trinity dear,” my mother didn’t even look up from her plate. “I’ve told you a thousand times, a...

Corazon Prep (formerly known as Magia Prep) Part 1

Trinity
I grumbled as my alarm clock went off. That meant I had to get up. That meant I had to start getting ready. Which would literally take hours. I rolled out of bed and called Lilly, my maid, to come make my bed. I tried not to rely on her because I absolutely hated that I had a maid. But it's just so convenient... I shouldn't complain. There are plenty of people who are worse off than me. Most people actually. But it's hard being the daughter of a rich businessman. I was supposed to be polite and always dressed in the finest clothes. Sometimes I just wanted out. 
I walk into my closet to see rows upon rows of the same exact outfit. A simple white dress with gold lace draped around it. Something you would imagine some ancient goddess like Athena wearing.It was completed with my white and gold flats and a similar colored cloak. I literally...

The Drabble

The Weight of the World

I told myself I didn't care. Didn't feel their stares. Didn't care they whispered behind my back. I was lying. Just because I don't care what they say doesn't mean I don't feel the weight of their stares. 
    "Freak. Clearly somethings wrong with her."
    "Worthless. She's never done anything for us."
People say things. I don't believe them. I'm not worthless. And I won't be here the rest of my life. There's a whole world to explore. I'll get out of this sad town. Then the weight of the world won't be so bad. I start to pack my bags.

Song Writing Competition 2021

Sing your song

Watch here: https://youtu.be/xvsGqVZjidU

Time and time again
Heart beating
after every break

Time and time again
keep rising
after every fall

Step will always follow step
Songs will always need to be sung
Hearts beat to the same rhythm
Everyone has a song

So sing it loud
Sing it proud
Never let the world change who you are
Every scar
Makes you strong
Rising from the ashes stronger than before
Sing your song

Time and time again
Breathing in
After the exhale

Time and time again
Dreaming of
A better future

Step will always follow step
Songs will always need to be sung
Hearts beat to the same rhythm
Everyone has a song

So sing it loud 
Sing it proud
Never let the world change who you are
Every scar
Makes you strong
Sing your song

Everyone has a voice
Everyone has a tale to be told
Everyone has a light
So let...

February Grab Bag

Owl Troubles

Pandemonium is erupting around me. Trust be I'm not lying. It all started a few days ago. See, I was walking to the store when I noticed something very strange. There was an owl just sitting by the door. I assumed it was some display from the zoo to raise funds. So I went to investigate, coming across what I assumed was the owls caretaker,
    "Hello sir," I began, "I was wondering why bird is here."
    "This isn't my bird. I'm hoping to sell it." He replied.
    I was growing concerned. The zoo didn't sell birds. "Isn't that illegal?"
    "Mind your own business kid!" He retorted then turned and walked the other way.
    I did what any kid would do, I followed him. Maybe not the best idea I'd ever had.
     "Oh you don't know when to quit do you?" He waved his hand and before I knew...

Numerous Narrators

The Girl in Yellow

Gypsy the dog
    “Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!” one of my humans screamed, they were very happy today, I wonder why? “We’re officially 16!” Lara kept screaming. 
        “Calm down,” her twin Laura moaned as then came around the corner. The twins had untamed jet black hair and emerald green eyes. “There is a crisp breeze today, we probably won’t even get to go do anything.” Laura continued.
        “We’ll see about that,” Lara’s eyes sparkled with mischief, “Mom, can we take Gypsy to the diner?” Gypsy, that was me! Gypsy the dog! I hope Mom says yes!!!
        “Well…” she started, “it is your birthday, and Gypsy could use a walk.” my name again my tail thumped against the floor. “But such a long way, all by yourselves…”
        “Pleeeeeeeeease?” Laura joined in, “we’ll be back by noon, and we’ll have Gypsy to protect us. We’ll even wear whatever winter gear you think we need.” 
         “Ahhhhhhhhhhhh” she sighed, she usually gives in after a sigh, “fine. But...

Given First Line

Dreams and a Legacy

Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board. That's what my father said to me the day before he died. I never really understood what it meant. Until now.

I climbed aboard the legacy, the newest addition to my families boat collection. It had been nearly five years since i was last on a boat. After my father's death I just didn't have the nerve for it. But my family needed this source of income. Fishing. My sister, Kaia, needed this too. She had some sort of lung disease and we couldn't afford her treatment. Yet. I could change that. Or at least I hoped I could.
    "You ready for this captain?" My best friend and first mate, Verta, asked me.
    "I really hope I am," I replied.
    "You are," she held out her hand to help me onto the boat.
    I opened the sails and we begun to...

Two Worlds I See

There's a place I know
Where no one dares to go
There the forest grows wild
And the water runs free
Where birds fly
Over mountains high
And deer frolic with the wolves

How nice would it be
To finally be free
To roam without having to worry
Where the storms are more tame
And the landscape runs free
Like that place out of history

Before the world fell at our feet
Before the land was tamed
Before the humans ruled the world
Before, when life was free
When the forest remained untamed 
When creature roamed the earth

This place I know?
It doesn’t yet exist
Because no one’s put forth the effort yet
The effort to make that better world real
The better tomorrow only I seem to see

There’s a second world I know
Two worlds, one good, one bad
The one of my dreams
And the one from my nightmare

This other world
A darkened place
Where...

Keep reading it's worth it

I can honestly say I have no idea what I'm about to write. Sometimes words fill your mind and you just have to get them down, even if you don't yet know what the words are. Sometimes like a waterfall they cascade down and fill your mind before you realize what was happening, you were swept away in the current. And language itself is a miracle for words are just sounds that we incorporate with a meaning. I am a firm believer that the pen is mightier than the swords, that words hurt more than any blade could. Yet I also believe you can't let the words of others get to you. So do these words even matter? Are they a weapon of light and hope to spread a message across the world or what little part of the world sees it? Or is it not even worth putting down because no one will listen to an opinion that isn't...

Quote by me

It’s when you're back is against the wall and you're standing in a dark corner that we as human beings start to fight. Out of the dark, and into the light so that we may have the chance to flourish and shine like the light that kept us fighting.

Betrayal of Trust

Monday

I stared up at the huge brick building before me and gulped. Falfa prep. My new school. And of course I had to start here the day after some weird news reporter published an article on how I single handedly stopped global warming. It had been a big deal, but still. Definitely wouldn’t knock up my credit here. I sighed as I walked through the front doors to whispers of Is that Tara? The one who stopped global warming? It was going to be a very long day

Next Monday

I stared down at the person before me. I thought she was my friend, but now… I glanced at the sharp end of her sword, then drew mine. Time to save the world. Again.

Monday

I made my way to my first class doing my best to ignore all the whispering. I had gotten pretty good at it when a voice came up beside me. 
“Hi.”
  ...

Daily Quote #12

“When the world shut down, it had the chance to heal.” - Me

Growing Stronger

I looked upon the harder times, a life unbearable. 
Misery
The tears that fell after I tried to run
Heartache
The numbness that came after
Cold
I was dark to the world that embraced me with pain
Pain
What is pain anyway?
You're hurting
Why does the world get to tear us down?
Weak
I'm not weak. I'm just still growing strong.
Doubt
It was a thing of the past. I made it this far didn't I?
Demons
Who doesn't have demons to hide?
Secrets
Bearing down on me but I don't have to run.
You ran before
That was before, this is now. I'm stronger now.
Lies
I've lied to myself before but never again

We are stronger for every scar
Stronger for every heartache
Stronger for the pain that plagues us
Growing stronger with each day

Friendship Tweet

Together

Friendship is... hard to explain. I
It's the laughter and smiles.
The joy and fun.
Many inside jokes.

But it's also the
                          t
                            e
                               a
                                 r
                                   s

Crying over the phone at midnight
For the silliest reasons
Or maybe something more serious

Friendship is help someone carry the weight of the world
Even if you don't have to
Knowing you won't be alone
That you have someone to lean on

And it's hard a times
Petty fights
Or things that are too big to handle
But you...

A Single Step

A step. That's all this is, right? No. This is way more than a step. This is freedom. I can taste it. I can see it. But am I brave enough to grab it? They've hit me for the last time. Laughed in my face for the last time. Hurt me for the last time.This is my life. Not theirs. I have to live it my way. So I take a step.

Each step is a day. A day in your life. And every day you step whether you want to or not. When you stop, when you reach your destination, it is the end. Death. And yet you do not fear it once you are there. For each step you took, each day you lived, you made a trail. For generations to come. The trail can point them home. And each step on the path may not be important. Just like each day may not be important. But the...

Corazon Prep, Part 7

Winola Hierarchy
I snorted, “Yeah, sure. And I’ve been to the moon.” 
    “I am telling the truth,” He smiled.
    “Then I want proof.” I smirked, he would have to be very creative to get out of this.
    “Young people. So impatient. Okay, you want a demonstration? Think of a number. Any number in the universe. You can even think of a word if you want. Don’t say it out loud.”
    I decided on the word bizarre. “I’ve got one.”
    “Ok, now think about your number or word, and nothing except for that. See my talent is mind reading. Oh, and your word is bizarre.”
    My jaw practically dropped, but I wasn’t convinced. “Big deal, you can guess a word. That’s just one very big coincidence.”
    “Fine,” He motioned to someone in the crowd. “Ria is one of our best students. She will be graduating this year.”
    “Hi,” She stepped towards me. “Everyone...

Out of Touch with Reality

"Whoa," I spoke aloud. "The world really does exist outside the Covid free bubble that is my house!" 

I then reached out to poke the fabric of reality

Turns out that's rather hard to do from inside a car. And it's impossible for humans. 

But you aren't human...

Daily quote #11

“You never realize you’re living through history until you’ve reached the other side.” - Me

The Dark Side of Earth Day (Kinda)

Earth day. What a strange idea. We don’t know when the earth was first created and yet we picked a day for it. A day when we pick up trash and plant trees and ride our bikes instead of driving. And yet… these aren’t things for earth day. These are things we should be doing every day. Instead of just giving it one day of healing and destroying the planet during the other 364 days, we should start to see the truth. 

This world is slowly shattering and one day won’t change that. It would take every day of every year for eternity to stop the world from completely breaking. Or there will be no earth day because there will be no point. The trash will be piled so high you can’t even begin to clean it up. You won’t be able to plant trees because there simply won’t be any room. You won’t ride your bike because you’ve...

April Grab Bag

The Golden Waterfall

a 200-word story that starts with the last text you sent. (by Ava Marie)

"I may be a moment I don't know where Angie is." I called through the rushing waterfall. Clara was already on the other side but Angie must have strayed off the path a bit. I traced back my path calling Angie's name the whole time.
    "Ok if this is a game it's no longer fun Angie!" I sighed, "OH COME ON ANGIE!!! I'm tired of walking and I just want to go through the waterfal-" 
    What I was seeing didn't make sense. It was a waterfall just like the one i had left Clara but the water was made of gold. Instead of thousands of tons of water barreling down the side it was veins of silver trickling down the gold waterfall. 
    "Angie?" I called out, now deciding if I wanted to head towards the waterfall, or run away...

Ok, another quote

"I needed a home, so I picked up a pen and made myself one." - Me

Forward Backward

Stumbling blindly

Stumbling blindly
no longer can we see
we shut out our problems
for what seems like eternity

You cannot see 
what you don't believe
You cannot feel
what you don't think is real

You will start to see
One of these days
You will open up your eyes
Look at this world

You'll see the cracks under the surface
You'll see the way it's starting to collapse
and soon others may start to see
With a little help we'll start to see

This world isn't perfect, but it's all we have left
See it, believe it, dream it
See past the cracked surface
See the gem that this world could be

Now read it backwards

Aspects of me

"You're not going to come back to flying monkeys taking over the world." - My boredom
"Ya sure about that?" - My chaotic side.
"I mean there is a non-zero chance but yes. I can make a very clear assumption that will not happen." - My logic
"Well that was entertaining, Byeeeeeeeeee." - Me in general.

When the Ocean Becomes the Sky

When the ocean becomes the sky
And the sky becomes the ocean
When the sand gives way to ruin
And the clouds turn dark as night

When the world turns upside down
And no one hears you screaming
When the ocean become the sky
And you start to fall through

When the sky becomes the ocean
And water pours down on your head
And the only one that’s listening
Is you

When the tears turn gold
And the river turns to blood
When the sun turns sour
And the world turns to ash

No one will hear you crying
No one will notice you’re falling
Because in the dark
No one can see who’s breaking

Imaginary conversation

Hey mom?
Yes?
If you could change something about me, would you?
Why would I want to do that? You’ve always been the best parts of me.
I don’t know… what about your eyes? They’re pretty. Mine are just boring brown.
No they aren’t. Your eyes are hot chocolate on a cold day wrapping you in warmth.
But… 
Your eyes are the soil, the ground on which entire nations were built.
Yeah but… 
Your eyes are the chocolate people love to eat. The perfect ratio of bitter and sweet.
I guess… But your eyes are the ocean waves crashing on the shore.
Well yes. But your eyes are the tree trunks standing tall against all the obstacles they face.
Yeah but your eyes are the sky, big and beautiful, dotted with fluffy clouds.
And your eyes are the color of a newly born fawn leaping through the forest.
But your eyes are also a field of bluebells, blooming in the...

Vaquita

I realized on my profile I said I love vaquitas but I never explained what they are. So here we go:

The Vaquita is a marine purpose, much like the dolphin or whale, that lives in the gulf of California. They are extremely endangered with less than ten individuals left. They are about five feet long and weigh up to 150 pounds, and weren't even discovered until 1958 when their numbers were already below 500 individuals. While no one can agree on what the rarest animal in the world is, most scientists put vaquitas somewhere in the top five.
    Now why do I care? Honestly I'm not really sure. I found the vaquita in fourth grade when it's population was about 60 and have been obsessed with them ever since. Maybe it’s the irony that vaquitas are endangered because people are illegally hunting another endangered fish in their habitat. Maybe it's because for me they represent the large climate issues...

Imagine

Imagine
A world without fear
Imagine
A place with no flaws
Imagine
A world where everyone was treated equally
Imagine
A place where you didn’t have to worry

It seems far too perfect. And maybe it is. But imagine the possibilities, and then make that dream a reality.

Temple of Alasta

WARNING - this was one of the first pieces I wrote so it's not that great. But I would love if someone read it.

Prologue:
Once I was a normal kid. I went to school. I had friends. Then it all changed. I wasn’t just the girl with the weird name, Bloo. I became a celestial guardian. I became telepathic. I was just like Bob and Sally, the people I guard. They have normal lives now, but that won’t last long.
Chapter one, the argument: Bloo

Bob was just starting to lie down when he heard Sally bounding up the stairs into his bedroom, ok... their bedroom. Where are my manners, I’m Bloo, Sally and Bob’s celestial guardian, but enough about me. Sally and Bob are siblings, they are both 12 and they just started middle school a week ago, but their mom wants to have them homeschooled. Sally wants to be a professional volleyball player,...

Daily quote #9

“Life isn't about what you can or can’t do, it's about learning to do what they said you couldn't. It's breaking boundaries, but being better for it.” - Me

25 Words

Once More

I took a breathe. Once more I stand at the edge of disaster. Once more I remember who I was before. Once more I leap.

Daily quote #10

“This world will always slam you down, try to break you. But that’s not what life is about. Life is about getting back up, picking up your broken pieces, and trying again.” - Me

Call me Lora

Soooo… I’m not really sure what happened. Nor do I know how this will end. But maybe I should start at the beginning.
    My name is Chailora, but everyone calls me Lora. This whole thing started about a week ago, with a ridiculous scheme created by yours truly. I was the type of kid that had a group of close friends, and then a group that’s members were always changing. I was also the type of kid who was always looking for an adventure.
    “Hey! Lora!” I groaned and turned to face Velra. Her and I had an… interesting history. I wouldn’t call us enemies… but I also wouldn’t call us friends. “What’s your next disaster ending scheme gonna be???” Her possy erupted into giggles.
    “Actually I thought the rock climbing field trip went well. Or at least it would have if you hadn’t ‘fallen’ off the rock climbing wall.” I knew she had done that on...

Hidden Horrors

If you are a dog person you will find this atrocious. I was in Little Rock, Arkansas, on vacation when I saw a sign stating this:
    "Ordinance No. 19925 prohibits dangerous breeds and mixes off-leash away from home, which include Pit Bulls (American Pit Bull Terrier), American Staffordshire Terrier or Stafford Terrier. Bringing these breeds into the dog park can result in citation or confiscation of the animal."
    As a dog person I was naturally horrified and demanded we leave the dog park immediately (I don't have one of those breeds but the idea alone was just too terrible to comprehend for me.) Becauses anyone who has had a dog should know, there are no "dangerous" breeds. It all comes down to their upbringing. For example, Pit bulls were known as "Nanny dogs" in the early 1900s because they get along so well with children. Then people began to train then as guard dogs, or even...

Mid-March Grab Bag

The cries of Earth

Prompt - about what the earth would say if it could speak. (by sophie_simile)

If the earth could speak I think it would be crying. Screaming for help but never being heard. If you listened close enough you could hear it's pain. But you drowned it out with the sound of cars, which only killed it further.

If the earth could speak it would tell us to stop. Stop cutting down trees. Stop killing animals. Stop polluting it and not taking the blame. It would tell us to stop worrying about the money and start worrying about weather or not we have a future in which to spend that money, or if our downfall comes much before that.

If the earth could speak it would whisper in the night a lullaby that we didn't deserve. It would give us a second chance to right our wrongs, even though we didn't deserve it. The earth would share with us it's...

Daily quote #8

“If you scream in the dark I will hear you. If you fall you will be caught. And true, you may fall but I will fall with you my friend” - Me

Corazon Prep, Part 6

​Winola Hierarchy 
This wasn’t supposed to happen. Actually that’s an understatement. This really was not supposed to happen. First off I wasn't even supposed to be here on this bus. I should’ve been in my forest where I’ve been since I ran away from home but then I got the invitation to Corazon Prep. And something in my gut told me to come. I’ve always had very good instincts. Then I get here and I see my brother. The brother that was supposed to run away with me. The brother who chose to betray his own sister and tell my parents about our plan. I was originally supposed to run away to where my cousin lived. Instead I had to change my plans and run to the forest. Brian betrayed me and yet here he was. Standing on the bus looking as pale as a ghost.
    “So wait, I think I missed something here.” A pale girl in a...

Daily quote #8

"If every step you're taking is sending you two steps back, try another way. Sometimes walking backwards in the only way to move forward." - Me

Daily quote #7

"When you think you've figured out life, it throws you a curveball. That's half the fun of the ride, the uncertainty." - Me

My adventure in the midst of boredom

Ok so there was this one time in first grade I got locked out of my house. My mom came to get me from school, she walked because we lived so close, and the power went out. So the garage wouldn’t open, no big deal. But my mom forgot the key so for a couple of hours I went to a friends house and my mom had to go through our crawl space, filled with cobwebs and spiders and mice. Now flash forward to today (March 11th, 2021.) I was walking my dog and when I got back my garage door wouldn't open. Not because the power was out just because it has issues. So no big deal I have a key. Well my front door had a meltdown. It wouldn’t open. And my mom was at work, she had a meeting and wouldn’t be able to come home for 30 minutes. It’s not a long time but I was...

Daily quote #6

"Just because you can't see the sun, doesn't mean it isn't shining." - Me

Daily quote #5

"There are flaws to be fixed, we just have to open our eyes and see them." - Me

I'm sorry, books are better

Books are better than movies. I'm not saying no one should ever watch a movie, but to quote 5-year-old me "Why would I watch the movie if I can read the book?" According to a survey done in 2018 over 57% of people, prefer books. Reading helps improve imagination, vocabulary, focus, and reading skills. So maybe movies are good, but I'm sorry, books are better.

Daily quote #4

"We can fix the flaws in our world, not by fighting, by writing. Because words are the true weapon." - Me

Daily quote #3

"We can't pretend to be blind anymore." - Me

Should I enter this in the OP-ED competition?

Daily quote #2

"Even normal people can change the world." - a character from a book I'm writing. So technically me.

I may start doing a daily quote

"I firmly believe the pen is mightier than the sword, but do these words even matter? Are they weapons of light and hope? Or are they not even worth putting down on paper because no one will listen to an opinion that isn't theirs?" - Me

Yet another quote

"It's in the silence that every scream emerges." - Me

The amount of quotes I've written today is unnerving

"It’s when you're back is against the wall and you're standing in a dark corner that we as human beings start to fight. Out of the dark, and into the light so that we may have the chance to flourish and shine like the light that kept us fighting." - Me

Why not one more quote?

"And no one knows what is more terrifying, the idea that fate and destiny could already be decided and nothing is under our control, or the suggestion that nothing is decided, nothing truly known or planned and that we are truly alone." - Me

I can't stop writing quotes

"Truth creates lies. Lies create truth. It is in the balance that we find harmony." - Me

Quote

"Truth is an illusion, and perspective is the only thing separating fact from opinion." - Me

Quote to self

Quote to self, "There is no magical fairy that will find your readers for you. If you don't give readers a reason to read your book, they'll just go and read someone else's." - some random person on the internet.

Corazon Prep, Part 5 (OPINION NEEDED)

I must have drifted off to sleep because next thing I know I’m waking up to a rooster calling out. I immediately followed my nose to the kitchen where dad was making pancakes. 
    “You ruined the surprise!” He exclaimed, “I was going to bring you breakfast in bed for your first day at Corazon.”
    “Well just because I’m awake doesn’t mean I can’t eat in bed!” I laughed, I was going to miss my dad once I was at Corazon. He laughed as well and handed me the plate but instead of going back to bed I plopped down at the kitchen counter. 
    “What do you think it will be like?” I asked between bites.
    “Corazon? I think it will be a lot different then what you’re used to. Since Trinity was invited I doubt it’s a farming school. But I also don’t think it will be the sort of...

Corazon Prep, Part 5 (OPINION NEEDED)

Dream Big

I won't stop trying

What do I want to accomplish in life? Such a difficult question. I could say I want to be an author, that would be true. I could say I want to be a singer, also the truth. I could say I want to have a good long life surrounded by friends and family, that would be true. I could say I want to be successful, I could say I want to die peacefully. All of this is true.
    But the most important thing is the footsteps I leave behind. I want to leave this planet better than I found it. I want to make a difference. I want to help people and make their lives better because they knew me. I want so much more than any mortal could ever have. I want to do more to help than anyone possibly could.
    And I want adventure. To soar above the tree and dive into the ocean....

Corazon Prep, Part 4

Trinity Divine
I stood there stunned for a moment then regained my composure. “Really? Then what is the principal's name?”
    “Principal Roberts. If you don’t believe me you’re happy to see my invitation.”
    “Sadly, I believe you. But I’m sure it's a big enough school, we won’t be seeing much of each other.”
    “I wouldn’t be too sure about that.”
    “Well either way I wouldn’t count on more than an acknowledgement from me.”
    “Why? It’s not as if you know anyone else there? I might be your only friend.”
    “I love that you have the impression we’re friends. And I won’t be alone, my best friend is also going.”
    “And who would that be?”
    “Allegra Griffin.”
    “Never heard of her. Is she here tonight?”
    “No. She isn’t here. And I doubt you’d know her.”
    “I know all the important families, I assure you the Griffins are not one of...

Corazon Prep, Part 3

Trinity Divine
We pulled up to a manor that was every bit as excessively extravagant as my parents. With tall pillars and a pristine garden, people with fake smiles plastered on their faces. It had all the signs of an unhappy household in disguise.
    “You remember Mr. and Mrs. Hierarchy?” My mother asked, “They’re the ones that have the twins, Winola and Brian. Well before the dreadful girl ran away, now they just have Brian.”
    “Yes, I remember them.” I decided to leave the runaway girl comment alone, though I found it inspiring. I had only met Winola once, but we got along well. I also decided to leave any comments about weird last names alone.
    “They are the ones holding the gala. I think it would be good for you to get to know Brian. You know you’re getting to be that age-”
    “Mom!” I’m sure my face was bright red underneath all the makeup....

Defining my current predicament

Bored official definition:
feeling weary because one is unoccupied or lacks interest in one's current activity.

My definition of bored:
I have nothing to do. Well that's not true. I have nothing fun to do. I'm just going to sit here watching TV reruns that I've seen a hundred times. Then I'll finish that and lay around watching paint dry. Because that's all there is to do.

Quarantine official definition:
a state, period, or place of isolation in which people or animals that have arrived from elsewhere or been exposed to infectious or contagious disease are placed.

My definition of quarantine:
I can't do anything fun. I can't leave my house or see my friends. School is essential staring at a screen watching my grades drop slowly. I'm living in a bubble of boredom.

Covid official definition:
an acute respiratory illness in humans caused by a coronavirus, capable of producing severe symptoms and in some cases death, especially in older...

Growing Stronger

Misery
Heartache
The numbness that came after
Cold
Pain
What is pain anyway?
You're hurting
Why does the world get to tear us down?
Weak
Doubt
Demons
Who doesn't have demons to hide?
Secrets
You ran before
Lies

We are stronger for every scar
Stronger for every heartache
Stronger for the pain that plagues us
Growing stronger with each day

Song Writing Competition 2021

Sing your song

Time and time again
Heart beating
after every break

Time and time again
keep rising
after every fall

Step will always follow step
Songs will always need to be sung
Hearts beat to the same rhythm
Everyone has a song

So sing it loud
Sing it proud
Never let the world change who you are
Every scar
Makes you strong
Sing your song

Time and time again
Breathing in
After the exhale

Time and time again
Dreaming of
A better future

Step will always follow step
Songs will always need to be sung
Hearts beat to the same rhythm
Everyone has a song

So sing it loud 
Sing it proud
Never let the world change who you are
Every scar
Makes you strong
Sing your song

Everyone has a voice
Everyone has a tale to be told
Everyone has a light
So let...

Song Writing Competition 2021

Sing your song

Time and time again
Heart beating
after every break

Time and time again
keep rising
after every fall

Step will always follow step
Songs will always need to be sung
Hearts beat to the same rhythm
Everyone has a song

So sing it loud
Sing it proud
Never let the world change who you are
Every scar
Makes you strong
Sing your song

Time and time again
Breathing in
After the exhale

Time and time again
Dreaming of
A better future

Step will always follow step
Songs will always need to be sung
Hearts beat to the same rhythm
Everyone has a song

So sing it loud 
Sing it proud
Never let the world change who you are
Every scar
Makes you strong
Sing your song

Everyone has a voice
Everyone has a tale to be told
Everyone has a light
So let it shine
and...

The Poisoned Piano

Normal was the only word I could describe my life as. I live in my house with my brother, Klion Pianola, and my parents, Zurie and Chris Pianola. They decided my name would be Azura Pianola, which isn’t the most normal name in the world. Most people think my house is weird. They say it’s “haunted,” but I don’t believe in such nonsensical things. Let me explain why my house is just a little creepy, because there’s no denying that much. It’s a very normal house except for two rooms, the living room and my room. In the living room there is a piano bolted to the floor. In my bedroom there is a panel that is nailed shut. The windows in both rooms are blood red and no matter how many times we replace them the return to that color. The lighting is always flickering off and on in those rooms and there is no explanation, not even the...

Pandemic Memoir

Time stopped

It was as if... time stopped.

Pandemic Memoir

Time stopped

It twas as if... time stopped.

Given First Line

Dreams and a Legacy

"I really hope I am," I replied.
    I opened the sails and we begun to...

The Drabble

The Weight of the World

Song Writing Competition 2021

Sing your song

Time and time again
Heart beating
after every break

TIme and time again
keep rising
after every fall

Step will always follow step
Songs will always need to be sung
Hearts beat to the same rhythm
Everyone has a song

So sing it loud
Sing it proud
Never let the world change who you are
Let it show
Every scar
Sing your song

Time and time again
breathe in
after every exhale

TIme and time again
look up
at the world you see

Step will always follow step
Songs will always need to be sung
Hearts beat to the same rhythm
Everyone has a song

So sing it loud 
Sing it proud
Never let the world change who you are
Let it show
Every scar
Sing your song

Everyone has a voice
Everyone has a tale to be told
Everyone has a light
So let it...