Morthos

Cellist who kinda wants to see his fictional world burn
Definitely won't pull a Nero on his world

Slowly getting a story that's been stuck in my head onto keyboard and screen after it spent enough time in there to have a whole book on lore and characters alone.

The Start of the Plan

“I’d ask how y’all are doing,” Lieutenant Colonel Kern told her company. “But I’ve asked that way too many times. I’ve gotten the same answers I’ve always had, losses to the company and general distaste of how the revolutionaries’ visions brought us here. So I’ll instead ask, who wants out?”

Her question floated through the air as her company looked at her, shock dominating faces that were always full of sorrow and boredom.

“These wars have followed us from the queen’s era and forced us to continue fighting them while our new leaders sit in their ivory towers and play God with us,” she continued. “Every day I get new orders, and the little spark inside of me grows as each order is burnt in it. And I’m sure you all feel that way. I can see it on all of your faces. So, if you’d like to desert us, I won’t call it in. Hell, I might...

The Start of the Plan

Her question floated through the air as her company looked at her, shock dominating faces that were full of sorrow and boredom.

“These wars have followed us from the queen’s era and forced us to continue fighting them while our new leaders sit in their ivory towers and play God with us,” she continued. “Every day I get new orders, and the little spark inside of me grows as each order is burnt in it. And I’m sure you all feel that way. I can see it on all of your faces. So, if you’d like to desert us, I won’t call it in. Hell, I might even...

The Company

Bones snapped under her boots as she strode. She never wanted it, but now she easily breathed it in.

War had become a beautiful thing.

Then it turned sour. It was still so easy to breathe it in, but each breath came with so much pain, suffering, and rationing. Three simple things to banish to the footnotes of history after the revolution. The Collective had had plenty of times to meet at least a few of their endless promises but instead choose to sit on their soft cushions in their ivory towers and do nothing.

Lieutenant Colonel Kern walked up to her company and spoke. She spoke of joy, love, and other happy feelings and emotions long lost to the pages of history. She avoided making it seem like she was trying to inspire them. Instead, she tried to make them feel better, uplift their spirits a little, to be glad of where they were and how long they’d survived....