In Which Yaya Writes

^Tully My Chick^
Lil sis calls me Yaya
[ChildOfGod]
Reading
Drawing
Writing
Singing
Dancing in Public
Homeschooled
PK
Podcasts•Classics•Thinking•Learning
Moving to Africa
McMann~Rowling~Dashner~Sutherland~Leonardo~Sanderson~Anderson~Wood

There’s someone out there that knows you. He knows your struggles and fears. And He loves you. His name is God, and He is with you.
“In the absence of any other proof, the thumb alone would convince me of God's existence.”
-Isaac Newton
“Thirst was made for water; inquiry for truth.”
-C. S. Lewis
“Truth, liberty, freedom, God- all of them can be summed up like this: Light. And without Light, let me tell you, we will live in a Dark place, indeed.”
-Me, 2020
“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”
-Psalm 27:12
“He says, ‘Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
-Psalm 46:10
11-07-20

Peer Reviews

dear society,

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition: 2021

Great job! I really hope this is helpful, but feel free to disregard everything I’ve just wrote XD. -Yaya

4 days

Pieces of shattered glass

You have really beautiful language here, and it is overall a wonderful read. 1, yes, the change is visible, as well as the change in story. 2, I’m not the best with titles, but I like it. It depends on what you want the end goal to be. 3, yes, I like the rhymes. The only critique I would have is that they’re all not in the same format, but that’s a minor problem. 4, it’s melancholy, to me. There seems to be a sad vibe throughout the piece, but the end is a hopeful. 5, I like it. I think it would be better if you cut off, “yet,” at the beginning of the second repetition, in my opinion. I really hope this is helpful and isn’t offensive! Remember all my comments are just suggestions, and feel free to disregard anything I say XD. Great job! -Yaya

6 days

nanas yellow towels

Remember all my suggestion are optional, and feel free to completely disregard them XD. Great job with the piece!

5 days

catharsis for truth

Phenomenal job! You know, I basically divide poetry into three categories: poetry I can really critique and give advice for, poetry I love but have no idea how to help, and poetry I don’t get at all. This one falls into the second category :). But I still really hope this is somewhat helpful! Best of luck in the competition!

6 days

The Golden Girl and The Skeleton Boy

You did amazing with this! I really like it. I think the story is beautiful and the characters feel so real even though we don’t know much about them. Great job! PS. Would you like to see it in Shakespearen? the lady wast a graveyard skeleton yond halloween (the lasteth halloween yond madeth any diff'rence) golden skin and bright eyes contrasting the costume in the dead night in the dead f'rest that gent wast smooth smiles and warmeth laught'r distracting h'r from the fact yond his visage wast only bone those gents satteth th're in the f'rest f'r hours talking about all things human life and the validity of what they’d at each moment been did teach (the long-f'rgotten ‘do not ent'r’ signeth becameth a silent companion) as didst i, i supposeth the lone obs'rv'r to their moonlit meeting confront'd by the realization yond this wast nev'r mine own st'ry at all as much as t wast theirs the golden wench and the skeleton knave at longeth lasteth as those gents hath moved onto the subject of loveth (she hath said the lady didn’t believeth in t) i back'd hence, keeping mine own footsteps quiet (he did look at h'r liketh that gent did want to changeth h'r mind) i did look up at the stars as their voices fad'd behind me and wond'r'd wh're their st'ry wouldst endeth and desired t wouldst withstandeth the coming daylight (but what a shame) the shining curves of h'r death's-head w're only visage painteth and that gent wast longeth dead

9 days

The Nightingale - a new kind of strength

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2021

I hope this gets to you on time! Great job!

3 months

Stomach it.

You have a great piece here! I really love every thing about it. You make us want to know more about Anson and Jun, both their backstory and their future. You should continue it! Good luck in the competition!

5 months

The Real-Life Nightmare

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2020

Great job! I hope you do well in the competition! Hopefully this is helpful! All the best of luck to you!

5 months

Death's Tales

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2020

You have a great piece here! You have a chance in this comp! Please continue :). All the best of luck to you!

5 months