lilybeam26

New Zealand

New Zealander/American
Scorpio
I don't have a preference to pronouns, what ever you feel comfortable using is fine
16 going into year 12

"Never think it didn't happen to you or it's not real, because it is for you and that's what matters."
-Unknown
Every writer is good, someone will like the things you write about, you just might not have found them yet.
Favourite Book- Dreamland by Sarah Dessen (Makes me cry ever time)

Life Update: I'm back! Things have been tough but I feel so happy, I've started a new book called Ghost Boy, all chapters are done in 2 parts, weekly updates!

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition: 2021

Skylar

The wires twist and tangle 
Hanging in the air
From the broken ceiling
Her feet flutter, kicking at the air 
Face blue and dress pink
The fan spins in an irregular pattern above us
Blue
      Blue
            Blue
Where did it come from?
She turns her sunken head
And all goes b  l   a    c     k

Then it happens
Blood everywhere
A yellow sky above
The smell of the apocalypse thick 
Leather and coke
St. Petersburg and Andromeda
From there to here
What will happen to this earth? 

Her royal highness, Iris
Sitting on her throne
Her world deconstructed by the Plant Virus
And everyone had flown
Now she was stuck
Stuck with dead bodies littering the ground

What she did unthinkable
The death of winged soldiers and a colliding star

The future is among us
The fan spins in an irregular pattern above
My spell now broken
The future...

Skylar

The wires twist and tangle 
Her feet flutter, kicking at the air 
Face blue and dress pink
Blue
      Blue
            Blue
Where did it come from?
She turns her sunken head
And all goes b  l   a    c     k

Then it happens
Blood everywhere
A yellow sky above

Leather and coke
St. Petersburg and Andromeda

Her royal highness, Iris
Sitting on her throne
Her world brought down by the Plant Virus
And everyone had flown
Now she was stuck

What she did unthinkable

The future is among us
She turns her sunken head
And I kiss her

All to forget the horrible truth of whats to be

Skylar

The wires twist and tangle 
Her feet flutter, kicking at the air 
Face blue and dress pink
Blue
     Blue
          Blue
Where did it come from?
She turns her sunken head
And all goes b  l   a    c     k

Then it happens
Blood everywhere
A yellow sky above

Leather and coke
St. Petersburg and Andromeda

Her royal highness, Iris
Sitting on her throne
And everyone had flown
Now she was stuck

What she did unthinkable

The future is among us
She turns her sunken head
And I kiss her

The People I Work With

Location-My work

~//~

~::
Hello there Friend!  --(grins widely)--
  - I've asked you here because I wanted to tell you about all the people I work with   //

~:: See that guy over there, with the blond hair?
  - That's Anthony, he's one of the most amazing people I know
  - He has to be gay by the way he talks and acts, he's like a father, he cares for everyone and likes to make sure we're okay
  - He's my manager, and a good one at that  --(smiles)--    //

~:: Do you see the girl with the long brown plaited hair, and the glasses?
  - That's Georgia, we don't talk much but I see her
  - She has a habit of chain buying packets of Mentos  --(laughs)--  only the fruit one though   //

~:: The blond chick standing next to her? Oh that's Haidee
  - When I first started...

Ghost Boy- Dead Stunned, Chapter 2 Part 1

She just walked right through me, I slide to the floor, a thousand thoughts running through my head. All the lockers in the hall lean into me checking to see if I’m okay. My head spins and now I know. All the people, all the things Beulah and Steve had said to me, it all makes sense. I did die in that car crash, I was going to get adopted, no one can see me. My whole body beats with my heart's rhythm. I sway and bend in a made up wind, how have I lived like this for so long? 
I close my eyes and hold them tight. Colors swirl and mix on my eyelids, I fall for their soft touch and begin to calm down. In a flash I feel better, I get to my feet, breathing in to steady myself. 
I feel like there is so much I need to do, I need to find Danny and...

for anyone who has panic attacks or something like them

I'm writing a piece and the main character has a panic attack, I have panic attacks but i also have osdd so i cant ever remember them. please help me

Questions to answer-
What does it feel like to your body?
How does your mind feel?
What do u notice during a panic attack?
Is there a certian smell that help you?
How do u deal after having a panic attack? 
What usally hapens after?

Thank u so much

Ghost boy- An Aged Soul, Chapter 1 Part 2

The Practice game is about to start. I stare intently at my team getting into their positions. I shout “Go Seagulls.” and cheer as loud as I can, no one seems to notice or care.
Once the game starts I fall into this sleep stare where I begin to daydream about Petal. Her beautiful lips and swirling hair, her deep eyes and pale skin. Her hand brushing mine as she whispers in my ear.
“Wanna maybe have some fun?”
♥️
I wake to the sound of the bell going, I must have fallen asleep. I had stayed up very late with Danny at the beach. I yawn and climb down the bleachers moving onto my next class. I go to stop by at Danny's locker and see him approaching from the other side of the corridor. 
“I’m going to the spot on the beach after school, maybe you could come too,” Danny says turning to face me.
I nod and...

Ghost Boy- An Aged Soul, Chapter 1 Part 1

Jake Pothner, that’s my name.
I guess all that you need to know is that I live in an orphanage with several other boys. And this morning I’m in such a rush to get to school I even missed the bus.
Me and the boy in the next bed over share an alarm clock and I think I hit the snooze button about 12 times. The boy in the bed overs’ name is Danny Hughes, he and I have always been kinda there for each other but lately he’s been acting kinda off. He won’t talk to me and sometimes I hear him crying himself to sleep at night.
On a better note, I go to Sands High in Pacific Grove, California, a small coastal town. I honestly love it heard and I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. This place also reminds me of my parents, or just my mother. The director of the orphanage, Anthony, said that my...

Ghost Boy- Prologue

I look up from the back seat of the car and smile. I had lived in that orphanage for the longest time and now I have finally been adopted by Rose and Dan Carter. Rose was a nurse at the local hospital and Dan coached the football team at my school. They lived in a big house on the west side of town, they said that they had been trying for a kid for years with no luck so decided to adopt instead.
When they came to the orphanage Dan saw me and recognized me from school. I didn’t play any sports but I loved watching them. I would sit in the stands during practices and cheer the teams on at games. I remember one day Dan had come up and asked if I wanted to sit on the side lines with him. I was so excited for the offer I nearly cried. I took up his offer and helped...

Novel Writing Competition 2020

Asexual

My name is Kit, and I am asexual. Everyone I have told never understood; they would make comments like this:
“It’s when you don’t care what the other person looks like right? I mean that makes sense to me"
"I feel sorry for you, you can't love, that's so sad!"
"So you only date people with no gender, that's a funny sexuality."
"Good God, having no uterus must be lovely!"
So in the end I stopped telling people; I went through middle school and most of high school without telling a single soul and I’m doing just fine. I guess I haven't told anyone because keeping secrets for so long can make you think that's all they will ever be. Now I have a new boyfriend, who charms me and listens when I want to talk, he just makes me feel amazing. His name is Dean Coles, but I like to call him D.C.; I like the way he smiles...

The People I Work With

Location-My work

~//~

~::
Hello there Friend!  --(grins widely)--

- When I first started...

November Grab Bag

Just Watch

The woods, the trees
The lake, the breeze
I hear the sounds of laughter
Silhouettes dancing round the fire

Just watch, you’ll see

The Sand, the sea
The boats, the glee
You can see the children
But can you see me

Just Watch

My house, my keys
My piano, my disease
I’m coming for you
Better pack your things

Watch

I grip your throat
And hold your lungs
You begin to choke
And speak in tongues

Your gone now
I’m having fun

The Poet

She cried and cried wishing love would come for her but it never did. She picked up a pen and filled it with her tears. She looked to the plank walls of her mind and whispered a silent prayer. The pen in her hand, a song in her soul she begins to write. She writes of beautiful girls and nerdy boys, she writes about what her life is and what it could be. The tears poured for years until stories flooded her home. She wrote waiting for someone to come, but no one ever did. Eventually her tears stopped coming and she had no more ink to write with. Her heart became solemn and broken, all she had now were the pieces of paper with dancing lines upon them. She picked one from the stacks and read the first few lines. She smiled and cried and read. She looked up at the sky that was now clear of regret. She...

I Wish I Didn't Remember You (Part 1)

I wish I didn't remember you
You stole a part of me I can't have back
Do you regret doing it too?
The way your kiss smacked

It hurt in more than one way
I was only 6 years old
The memory runs like I've hit play
Your strength, your weight, your hold

I didn't know what to do
All you did was smile
You crossed the line I drew
Would've been great if I'd had a mile

Your blond hair and brown eyes
Did you know what you were doing?
You just keep wearing that disguise
All the voices in my head are booing

Jayden, I still remember
Do you?

That Sort of Person

'The End' Characters

She was beautiful, inside and out, the way she existed was so peculiar but the light in her eyes never dimmed.

He loved with all his heart the people around him, no one ever saw how lonely he was.

She's a protector, that's all she was made for, the girl she protects makes her feel like so much more than that.

They,them, it was what they were called, they wanted it that way, liked the way the dress flowed.

Her friends were stranger than she was, but she could never say no to their charmed ways.

He wrote for the wind but wore clothes for the people in his life.