thedamwaterfountain

anna || she/her || xv || infj-t || cabin 6

i enjoy studying languages, paintings (specifically from the academic & romantic movements), the classics, & architecture! dark academia is my fave aesthetic, as you can tell <3

est. oct 30th, 2020.

hey, welcome to my profile! writing is my passion, & i hope my works can resonate w you in some way.

“My voice is like a rumor. I'm not sure if it came out or not, or if it is true.”
― Markus Zusak, I Am the Messenger

“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading!"
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
― Madeline Miller, The Song of Achilles

“Remember me, remember us, as a time of day.”
― Justin A. Reynolds, Opposite of Always

But strange and marvelous as she was, a wisp of silk in a forest of black wool, she was not the fragile creature one would have her seem.”
― Donna Tartt, The Secret History

l'ange déchu.

Your fall was as brilliant as you were.

A bird of paradise with flame-colored hair, streaking down through the twilight among stars you once called your brethren. Your wings, multicolored like the symbol of God's covenant, tightly held against your body as if they were able to protect you. You landed not with a crash, but with a thud, a quotidian sound that would not have had most people bat an eye, a sound that was not suited to the exceptional event of your very existence.

It was a while before you could regain your former strength. Perhaps you still haven't. Do your bones ache and groan with lament and regret? Are you ignoring the pain, retaining your pride, masquerading away weakness?

They still look down from above, with ridicule and with pity, with abhorrence and mourning. More than the scorn, it's the grief that infuriates you. It's more mocking than any insult they could throw at you, that useless...

Dust Jacket

praefātiō.

PROMPT NO. 1: WRITER ID.

what is your favorite genre to write? 

i'm most experienced in writing contemporary & literary fiction, but i adore writing fantasy & sci-fi! coming up with entire worlds, entire universes is just so fun. it's a challenge to write, that's for sure, but it's a challenge i gladly accept!

what is your favorite genre to read? 

all genres listed above; my reading interests coincide with my writing interests, for the most part!
also, you know when everyone in your elar class is complaining about how the assigned reading is so boring & long, but there's always that one kid that's like "this is?? so good??" yeah... that one kid is me. in addition, i love stories involving mythology, such as the series that take place in the riordanverse—hence the username, haha

what draws you to the wtw community?

i love that it serves as a place for talented & passionate young writers to come together. everyone...