Received 1818677971734315

Bailee

You may be wondering what makes me different from you or the person in the corner? Well not a lot really, I write on here, on Wattpad, and singing is my life. I'm striving to one day perform on Broadway... hopefully. I honestly just love feedback!

Hey everyone! I would really appreciate some constructive criticism. I struggle a lot with grammar. I would love to gain feedback about how I could improve this... thanks! From a girl you don't know!

Received 1818677971734315

Bailee (Australia) published:

Brothers

PROMPT: All Talk

It's been a while since we've sat up here, Mason.
It has been, last time we sat in this tree was when we were just kids.
Do you remember when it would start to get dark and Mum would yell out from halfway across the field, "Riley, Mason, you two boys get in here right now!"
Yeah that was pretty funny, and Charlotte would be acting like a goody two shoes inside.
She always had a one leg up from...

Received 1818677971734315
Pro reviewer

Bailee (Australia) earned a badge Pro Reviewer

Received 1818677971734315

Bailee (Australia) published:

Drifting Pink Balloons

PROMPT: 1 Photo, 100 Words

They glided effortlessly through the endless blue. Their pale pink heads ballooned and deflated, mesmerising inquisitive eyes. Intently she watched, drawn into the loop of the circulating jellyfish. Up and down, back and forth their tentacles swooped miraculously through the water, managing to miss one another each time. Curiously she watched and wondered if her life would be simpler if she could join the pink blobs in their circles, flowing and effortlessness. She imagined plunging into the deep blue, her...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Received 1818677971734315

Bailee (Australia) reviewed:

Fledgling

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2016

Well done! Keep writing, you have some fabulous work here.

Received 1818677971734315

Bailee (Australia) published:

Dear Future Bailee

PROMPT: Dear Me

Dear Me,

I could ask all of the cliche questions like "what are you up to now? Did you stick to your dreams." However, I won't. Instead, I want to focus on life right now (your past). 

You are 17, love singing, your friends and family and could think of doing nothing else in life than theatre. Your passion lies with the stage, you really are a theatre fanatic, typical. Do you remember you were 12 when you first wanted...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Received 1818677971734315

Bailee (Australia) published:

Click

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2016

I narrow my eyes upon my target, Anthony stands firm, his legs in a straddle position. I wet my lips, placing my hand on the holster. 

"It's almost high noon," he announces.

I nod simply in reply. The air's tension is thick as our eyes narrow with every breath. I can see his concentration. Our hand's rest on the handles, the slick silver waiting with anticipation. 

"Draw!" He shouts. 

Simultaneously the silver flashes quickly in the light. Click. My knees...

Received 1818677971734315
2
1

Bailee (Australia) published:

The Things They Carried

PROMPT: The Things They Carried

Upon a lit stage they stood in a uniform line gazing up into the mezzanine. Draped in in long black robes their eyes held onto every hope and dream as 'Bring on Tomorrow' from Fame escaped their lips. They knew there were hundreds of eyes watching them, observing their every move; they needed to succeed. With them, they carried graduation hats tucked under their arms as they became lost in the song, their real graduation wasn't far. Time was running out...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Received 1818677971734315
1

Bailee (Australia) published:

The Things They Carried

PROMPT: The Things They Carried

Seeking Peer Reviews

Received 1818677971734315
Follower

Bailee (Australia) earned a badge Follower

Received 1818677971734315
Screen shot 2016 05 01 at 3.43.14 pm

Bailee (Australia) started following Grace Ow (Singapore)

All Talk

Brothers

She always had a one leg up from us, the lucky little golden girl.
You can say that again.

Riley?
Mm?
What are you thinking about?
...A lot of things.
It must be something serious, you don't make that face very often.
How do I tell her?
Tell who?
You know who.
Tell her what?
You also know what.
Come on, if you can't say it directly to me now, how will you ever tell her?
I don't know...
How about I pretend to be Mum? You wanted...

1 Photo, 100 Words

Drifting Pink Balloons

They glided effortlessly through the endless blue. Their pale pink heads ballooned and deflated, mesmerising inquisitive eyes. Intently she watched, drawn into the loop of the circulating jellyfish. Up and down, back and forth their tentacles swooped miraculously through the water, managing to miss one another each time. Curiously she watched and wondered if her life would be simpler if she could join the pink blobs in their circles, flowing and effortlessness. She imagined plunging into the deep blue, her head resting in the cold comfort as she drifted without intention, without worry. They descended upon her in her mind, ballooning over her head as the tentacles spiralled around her body. Gasping, she realised the simplicity and complexity of the glass before her face. 

Dear Me

Dear Future Bailee

Dear Me,

You are 17, love singing, your friends and family and could think of doing nothing else in life than theatre. Your passion lies with the stage, you really are a theatre fanatic, typical. Do you remember you were 12 when you first wanted to be on broadway? Your ambitions always were one step ahead of others from a younger age, you have one direction.    I can think back to a couple of years ago, or even just last year. You seem so ignorant to the struggles of life compared to now. Oh, how you sometimes wish for that bliss again. You were floating in your 'a-okay' world without a worry or care, how nice. Then something hit you like a brick and...

Flash Fiction Competition 2016

Click

"It's almost high noon," he announces.

"Draw!" He shouts. 

Simultaneously the silver flashes quickly in the light. Click. My knees buckle, I screech, I clench my chest as Anthony just smirks with triumph. I lost. 

"Boys, lunch is ready!"

The Things They Carried

The Things They Carried

Upon a lit stage they stood in a uniform line gazing up into the mezzanine. Draped in in long black robes their eyes held onto every hope and dream as 'Bring on Tomorrow' from Fame escaped their lips. They knew there were hundreds of eyes watching them, observing their every move; they needed to succeed. With them, they carried graduation hats tucked under their arms as they became lost in the song, their real graduation wasn't far. Time was running out and they carried that thought with them, this was it, their last moment to perform with each other. Not only did they want to please the audience, but they wanted to please themselves, it's what they strove for, worked hard for, lived for. As the song concluded the lights cut off their presence from the audience. It gave them a chance to breathe in the moment, even if it was only for a few seconds. 

Walking off of that stage...

The Things They Carried

The Things They Carried

Walking off of that stage...

All Talk

Brothers

She always had a one leg up from us,
The lucky little golden girl
You can say that again.

Riley?
Mm?
What are you thinking about?
...A lot of things.
How do I tell her?
Tell who?
You know who.
Tell her what?
You also know what.
I don't know...
How about I pretend to be Mom? You wanted...

Open Prompt

The Car Ride

The car is silent.
Slowly we exit our driveway only to drive shortly and briskly make a U-Turn to head in the other direction. We all know there is a certain tension bounding against the confiding spaces of the car, but none of us say anything. It has been decided that we are to head to our local dam for lunch which will only take half of an hour to drive. Mum said it will be good, she says it will be a change of scenery. The truth is we all have been seeing the same walls of our house, shadows masking the daylight we urge to see, especially my Dad. As they say, Mother knows best, maybe it is a good idea to eat out for a change. I am beginning to realise the lack of luscious scenery I hoped to see. The sky is grey. The clouds are blocking whatever hopeful sunshine there was left. Of course, of...

Ten Words to You

The 10 words of Australia

10 point that describe Australia:

- 45* Celcius (113 Farenheit) 
- Air conditioner 
- Coastal
- Laughter 
- City --> Country 
- A Summer Christmas 
- Troye Sivan
- Beautiful 
- Friendly 
-  Ute's 

Ten Words to You

The 10 words of Australia

10 point that describe Australia:

- 45* Celcius (113 Farenheit) 
- Air conditioner 
- Coastal
- Laughter 
- City --> Country 
- A Summer Christmas 
- Troye Sivan
- Beautiful 
- Friendly 
-  Ute's 

The Unknown

Organisation

Organisation, a skill most people have with the upmost prestige. I however do not possess such a skill. I cannot begin to comprehend how some people are so organised, files, folders and other items all neatly in a place, not a speck of dust to be seen. I am afraid for anyone entering my room for I fear I will need to gather a search party to find them. I know what you’re probably thinking, piled high with a terrible mess, well not quite; you can walk through it, but good luck finding anything.
Defeating the last battle of folders shoved into shelves and crevasses seems impossible. My dearest Mother who asks me to clean my bombed room always seems to let it go, she’s great like that. I do clean it, but depends what your standards of clean are. As I look around my room it’s easy to observe the box half leaning over the top of my...

Open Prompt

The Car Ride

Do you remember as a child ending up with bruises and grazes from the playground? I do, I used to get them all the time, having fun with my friends. Well I get them now too, bruises and scrapes. Deep ones, that go further than any purple round cirlcle that will dissapear from your skin after a few days. No these bruises I get last with me a lifetime. My eyes may be blackedned but so is my mind from any happy thought that I could ever imagine. Some how my mind is connected to my heart and heart is connected to my soul and my soul feels like it has been preiced with the sharpest needle anyone could find to terrorise my life. 

My lips bleed with blood of shame as I want to hide my face beacuse I see myself as worthless. Because your mocking silences made me feel worthless, as you acted as though your actions never...

Story of a Scar

The Mocking's of a Scar

It lives with me, reminds me and makes me want to forget. It never leaves my side, even though how many times I try to push it away. It's a scar, a scar I shall never be able to get rid of. Surgery of any kind can't mend this one. I have a special scar. Not one you can see or touch. This scar reminds me everyday of my past. Thoughts constanly swirl in my head only to mock me. My thoughts are like a ghost, haunting me, constantly lurking about to bother me at any given moment. This scar is imprinted on my brain, like someone grabbed a stamp and used a permament ink. The ink poisons my system, giving me no happiness. 
It was when I was younger. I was mocked, teased, punched. I was silenced by the unforgettable words that betrayed my trust to anyone. The lies and rumours spread throughout my try hard life. My hopless 5th...

Dear Tree

Dear Acer...

Dear Acer, the Maple tree – Tree ID 1454666, 
I wanted to thank you. You not only supply oxygen that is essential for us human’s to survive, but you also present great beauty. I always enjoy waking in the morning to see your fellow cousins shading the yellow sky as the sun illuminates their leaves. The tree’s I know and see each day stand happily in my backyard. Three tree’s hold hands as their miraculous branches intertwine; allowing small spaces for Lorikeets to sweetly chirp and chatter as evening begins to set. 
 Although I have never met you Acer, I am still thankful for the flourishing beauty you provide for those around you. Do you ever wonder what your faraway relatives are like? Well I can tell you that they are all unique and beautiful in their own way. Each tree has a different flower, fruit, bark, leaves, height and colour. 
Autumn is always my favourite season for nature. Red’s,...

Five Beginnings

First Sentences

1. Some stories are meant to be told, others simply not, but my story can never be told, my story can only tell itself. 

2. She quickly blossomed like a flower, but flower's don't even keep their beauty.

3. Grey clouds painted the sky as creeking signs swung miserably in their place. The pub merely full with the bell ringing to signall a new comer, waiting for warmth to set at their side. 

4. Gertrude Nickle-Gobber is the unfortunate name that I was given to clearly never save my life.

5. "You mean nothing to me!" She screamed using every strength she had, as the other girl sobbed her plea's. 

Inventory

Charlotte Elizabeth Cunningham-Locket

I live in a life where my world consists of the two things most important to me, 1. My stories and 2. Anything else I concern to be important. The world is broken up into two pieces for me; practical and everyone else. I am the practical and the, everyone else, well, is the, everyone else. I have a brain full of what I like to call 'Charlie's storage of smart things,' and the other part of my brain consists of 'Charlie's compartments of whatzits, thing-a-mabob's and I don't really care.' Most people believe me to be impractical, but I beg to differ, they're the impractical ones. 

Since I was a child I was forced with the unforgiving name of, Charlotte Elizabeth Cunningham-Locket. Why my Mother decided to give me exceedingly long first and middle names all just to 'happily' match my exceedingly longer surname, I will never know. Those questions I don't ask, I find it easier to understand...

Inventory

Charlotte Elizabeth Cunningham-Locket

10 Second Essays

THE END

Once upon a time there wan an end.... and it was 'THE END'.  

Inventory

Charlotte Elizabeth Cunningham-Locket

Selfie-Reflection

#SelfiesAreRevolutionary

Teenagers are social butterflies that follow the latest trends. A part of these social antics is the Selfie, a self-portrait taken by one’s self. The Selfie can be seen as a self-obsessed habit. This is not the case. The selfie is just another harmless way of people expressing themselves; it’s a way of showing everyone they are who they are. It is a self-expression which helps to radiate self-confidence. The selfie is a part of a new generation which is thriving with unique, expressive teens. 

The selfie is a reinvented self-portrait for the new generation. This new Self-confident generation have a boost of self-worth and are powering through with the world with a new force. Today's society seems very different compared to many years ago, today society has a new technology driven force. The selfie is not so new and different to what is thought, but in fact is a hip reinvention of the self-portrait. The famous great artists that...

Selfie-Reflection

#SelfiesAreRevolutionary

Teenagers are part of a group of social butterflies that follows the latest trends. A part of these social antics is the Selfie, a self potrait taken by ones self. The selfie can be seen as a self obsessed habit. This is not the case. The selfie is just another harmless way of people expressing themselves, to show the rest of the general public that they are who they are. It is a self expression which helps to radiate self confindence. The selfie is a part of a new generation which is thriving with unique, expressive teens. 

The selfie is a reinvented self portrait for the new generation. This new Self condident generation have a boost of self worth and are powering through with the world with a new force. Today's society seems very much obsure to many years ago, with our once traditional ways to the new technology driven force. The selfie is not so new and different to what...

Season-a-Changing Haiku

Dew Drops

Morning dew drops shine,
As the sun slowly rises,
But have left by night. 

Countdown

Mine

Anger bottled up inside of me like hot, sticky sulfur. I wanted to just rip his head into pieces. At the same time as never letting go. I vigorously scribbled notes in my books. None of them made any sense. I was  furious with him. But I love him. He's my world. My oxygen. Mine. 

Season-a-Changing Haiku

Dew Drops

The large tree's rustled 

At every sound that lurked

Hush, Hush, listen to them

Your World in Three Senses

Lost

A strong, musky smell of alcohol danced through the room, using its own interpetive dance its purpose to make me feel uncomfortable. His odour was intense to the point of my eyes filling with beads of water which began to form a necklace. He hadn't shaved or showered in a few days. The sharp, pointed bristles attached to his chin pieced my heart to make feel like all of my hard work had come undone and fallen into the depths of nothing that mattered any more. His shirt was stained with the musky alcohol, it was becoming his signature scent, not one of pleasure. His eyes were drained of any happiness that once took a ride through his system on a bus to wonderland. His wonderland has dissappeared, his attention moved to my direction, he was solem yet his sytem was silently buzzing with what he thought gave him happiness. Alcohol did nothing for him but give him the sweet bitter remberence...

Where Were You?

Where were was I?

Where were you?
When I rung you last night,
You left me alone in the dark,
With no smiles and no light,

Where were you?
When I said I was sick,
You didn't even care,
I thought I was the one you'd pick,

Where were you?
When I cried myself to sleep,
You drowned me in my sorrows,
I felt like I was falling somewhere deep, 

Where were you?
When I needed you most,
You left me so empty,
Like I was nothing but a ghost,

Where were you?
When I said I only loved you,
You left with no answer,
I want to leave now too,

Where was I?
Alone crying out my eyes,
I love you so much,
But you're no longer mine.

For the Future

My Great, Great, Great..... Well very great Grand Son

To My Dearest Very Great Grand Son,

You have never met me and unless in your generation someone has finally had the brains to come up with a time machine so you can time travel to meet me, then you never will. But that's okay, I'm a small slice of pizza in your life from the past. I personally may not make an effect on your life now but I hope by you reading this you take on a new perspective to your life. 

So I'd like to hope that in your generation now there are robots roaming the streets with floating cafe's where you can enjoy soy latte on a cool afternoon. I'm thinking a little far fetched, but I do know you do exhibit several some what, something resembling a flying car. Hopefully they have further developed it to be something amazing. 

Let me share the wonders of my life to you. I'm not, or was much of...

Countdown

Mine

Bailee's 1 Like

Charlotte Elizabeth Cunningham-Locket by Bailee

Published over 2 years ago

4 Likes from Others

The Things They Carried

Liked by 2 people

Frost

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned almost 3 years ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned almost 3 years ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned over 1 year ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned over 2 years ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned over 2 years ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned almost 3 years ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.