Starlitskies

Sri Lanka

She/Her
17
INTJ
Reader and Writer
Feminist
Coder

Go check out my WtW twin sister Zirong! She's amazing!

Scribble Chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :) and em wilder.

est. 26 Oct 2020

"They call us dreamers, but we're the ones who don't sleep"

"My words sound better coming from my hands than from my mouth."
(Trust me it does.)

Currently reading: This beautiful novel about love, friendship and finding oneself.... oh who am I kidding? Biology text book it is!

Book recs are always welcome whether it's fiction, poetry, self help or any other genres.

Don't hesitate to ask for reviews. Just comment on one of my pieces and I promise I'll get back to you. I refuse to grow alone.

Peer Reviews

Remember to live *review for a review*

This piece is beautifully written and has such a delicate and homey feel to it! And thanks to you, 'Ricordati di vivere' is going to stay with me for a while. :) Please keep in mind that these are just my opinions; you should make changes at your own discretion. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and lmk if you publish a second draft, I would love to read it! I hope this makes it to you in time for the school project and that the review's able to help you! Keep on writing! And I hope you get to live your dream!!! <3

2 months

nanay's earrings

unknown

to the boy who i fell in love with (review for a review!!!!)

This was a delight to read and review! I can't get enough of that stunning line. And great work with the use of sound throughout your poem! Please keep in mind that these are just my ideas and opinions and you should make edits to your own liking. I would really love to know if you publish a second draft, so lmk! And don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. You're an excellent writer! Keep on writing!

3 months

Suburban Town

PROMPT: Week 1 - Hometown

unknown

A Very, Very Small Space

You have written a poem that grapples with emotions and deep ideas and succeeded in pulling it off beautifully! Please keep in mind that these are just my opinions and you should make changes and edits at your own discretion. Lmk if you publish a second draft; I'd love to read it. And also, don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. You're a great writer and this is a brilliant poem! Keep on writing!

5 months

Too Young

I enjoyed reviewing this story. It was a wonderful read. It's evident that you've done your research, I applaud that. I love that you chose to narrate the story from the POV of Aliza. It added much poignance and sincerity to the story. I've been quite critical in my review. Please keep in mind that these are just my opinions. You should make changes and edits at your own discretion. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. And if you do publish a second draft, please let me know. I'd love to read it. This is an amazing piece and you're a brilliant writer, so keep on writing! <3

5 months

Shadows

This is a great piece, and reviewing it was an absolute treat! I especially loved the part where the portrait stands on its own! XD I've been extremely critical with my review, so please keep in mind that these are just my opinions. You should make changes and edits at your own discretion. Lmk if you publish a second draft; I'd love to read it! And don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions too. You're a great writer, and you have an amazing piece in the making! So keep on writing!

5 months

The Old Woman

PROMPT: 25 Words

Overall, this a lovely piece! I think you could expand on the character, and help the reader make a stronger connection, but other than that, great work, especially with integrating so many elements into the piece. In my opinion, the shorter a piece is, the more stronger and less elusive the characters should be. So the tighter the word limit, you should try your best to create characters that your readers would remember and relate to. Please keep in mind that these are just my opinions and you should make edits at your own discretion. I'd love to read if you publish a revised version, so if you do, please let me know. This is already an awesome piece, so keep on writing! <3

5 months

Unnamed

This piece is beautifully written. The plot is interesting and I feel like you've thought a lot about your character and know him quite well; it shines through implicitly! Please keep in mind that these are just my opinions, you should make changes and edits at your discretion. Lmk if you do publish a second draft, I'd love to read it! If not, I hope this helps you with your writing moving forwards. You're an awesome writer so keep on writing! <3

5 months

Painting the World (2)

unknown

prologue of maybe a story? see footnotes pls

Reviewing this was such a treat! You're a great writer and this is an incredible piece! I can't wait to find out what happens next! I've been very critical with my review (might as well say nitpicky ;) ), but always keep in mind that these are just my thoughts and opinions; you should make changes as you please. And don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. I'm always happy to help! :) Let me know if you publish a revised version. I'd love to read it! Keep on writing cos you're amazing at it!!! <3

6 months

forever my home

PROMPT: February Grab Bag

unknown

learning to laugh (a scene)

PROMPT: The Drabble

unknown

Let them become memories

unknown

challenge (read footnotes)

unknown

I Didn't Fall

This poem is quite simply entrancing. Not anything like all the other poems of love; this is original and the idea in your footnotes is something I'd like to believe in too. Keep on writing, because you seem to have such a graceful talent with words as well as concepts. <3

6 months

eve

unknown

colombo port

unknown

Unexpected tragedy

This piece is written beautifully! I love how you grapple such a huge theme using a mother-daughter relationship and very few words. These are just my opinions and it's completely up to you to make changes. But either way, I know it's going to work out wonderfully! Please let me know once you publish the next draft, I'd love to see where you go with this!

8 months

Realm of Heroes--Chapter 1

You've definitely got a great story in the making. I'd love to know what you do next. Please keep in mind that these are just my suggestions as a reader. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and I'd love to know when you publish the next chapter. Keep writing!

8 months

Battle Scars

PROMPT: Creative Nonfiction Competition 2020

I've been quite critical with my review but remember these are just my suggestions. It's completely up to you which changes you decide to make. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Hope you're doing well and know that wtw will always be there for you! Best of luck! :)

8 months

No, you may not come in. (republishing for peer review)

Your piece is beautifully written and riddled with such wonderful metaphors. I think its a smart decision to send this in for a competition. Your chances of winning are definitely going to be high! Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. Best of luck!

8 months

What A Suburban Boy Does When It Rains

Your piece is amazing! Please keep in mind that these are just my suggestions and you should make changes as you please. I'd love to read your next draft as well and if you have any questions feel free to reach out. Best of luck! :) P.S. - I hope you and your family are doing well. Stay strong! <3

8 months

The Small Things

This is wonderfully written and the idea you've worked with is so insightful. These are just my opinions and ideas about your writing, so please take only what you want and throw away the rest. Let me know when you publish the next draft, I'd love to read it. Good luck! <3

8 months

A New World (Revised)

I've been extremely critical in my review. Please only take what you want. Overall, it was an amazing piece and it leaves me curious and wanting more. Great work! :)

9 months

Dinner with Death

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2020

I've been quite critical with my review and the changes I've proposed in inverted commas are just to be of help to you. It's your piece and you should make changes as you prefer. Overall, it's a fantastic piece and I hope you do well. Good luck!

9 months

School Paper-- i need a little feedback (message box)

This is excellent for a first draft. I'm positive you'll get an A for this. Also I've been extremely critical with this. Hope that's okay. But trust me this is a great piece. :)

9 months

Interlude

PROMPT: Why I Write

The piece is poetic and flows smoothly. The beginning is meaningful and the ending, stunning.

9 months

snowdrops

It's lovely how you created this chilling mood with the poem. The snow, the deaths of the homeless and why they die all bring out this feeling of coldness.

9 months