Image

roxy goth

I'm a teenager who loves reading, daydreaming and writing.

Image
1

roxy goth (United Kingdom) published:

The Snow Stopper

PROMPT: Birdcage and Buoy

“Savannah!” Maxine Icicle tore through the palace doors like a whirlwind. “Maynolt!”
“Whoa, slow down sis.” Maynolt said, grabbing his younger sister by the shoulders after she nearly collided with him in the corridor. “What’s going on?”
“They’re having an ice show outside! And guess what? The finale is Ice Storm!”
Maynolt’s eyes went wide. “No way, really? I’m there.”
“Great, now where’s Savannah?”
“Wherever there’s a mirror?”
Maxine folded her arms. “Maynolt…”
He held up his hands in surrender....
Seeking Peer Reviews

Image

roxy goth (United Kingdom) reviewed:

Clouds of Purple Flowers

PROMPT: Ten Words to You

This is good, well done.

Image

roxy goth (United Kingdom) reviewed:

WHAT I THINK OF A FAIRY GODMOTHER

Sad, but sweet.

Image

roxy goth (United Kingdom) reviewed:

Disconnected

PROMPT: Ten Words to You

Good and thought provoking.

Image

roxy goth (United Kingdom) liked character studies by Jenarae (United States)

Image

roxy goth (United Kingdom) liked There's No Place Like Home by temy (New Zealand)

Image

roxy goth (United Kingdom) published:

St Nicholas - Chapter 1.

A new start
Julia Jones was woken up by the annoying sound of her alarm clock. ‘Whoever invented those stupid things has a lot to answer for.’ She thought as she shut the thing of.

“Morning, Ju.” Her mum said when she finally...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image

roxy goth (United Kingdom) published:

A trip down memory lane - Part 6.

The memory trees.
Debian marched them down the path until they came to the 5 trees. Under the middle one sat Alex, who didn’t look particularly happy. “Took you long enough.” He snapped.

“Sorry about that, Al, but apparently the instruction to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image

roxy goth (United Kingdom) published:

That sort of person - Harvey

1. Despite being a teenager the inner workings of a phone mystified him. 
2. His mind is like a clock, always working.
3. His favourite style of art is abstract.
4. To his younger sister he is extreanly wise, to his older siblings he is extreamly annoying.
5. Whereever he goes Harvey seems to attract friends, the reason for this is currently unknown. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image

roxy goth (United Kingdom) published:

That sort of person - Billet.

1. Billet is the kind of guy who is poud to say he takes ballet.
2. He adores all his younger siblings but wishes they wouldn't be such pains at times. 
3. He has absolutly no problem with teling you everything you're doing wrong in your life.
4. He has an emapthetic personality but is frequently annoyed that everyone assumes he can read there minds.
5. He loves the idea of sitting down and reading a book for five minutes,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Birdcage and Buoy

The Snow Stopper

“Great, now where’s Savannah?”
“Wherever there’s a mirror?”
Maxine folded her arms. “Maynolt…”
He held up his hands in surrender. “Fine, fine, her room.”
Rolling her eyes the blue-skinned princess ran off to her sister’s room, her silver pony-tail flying out behind her.
When she burst unannounced into her dear older sister’s room she found her trying to drag a hairbrush through her knotty hair.
“Whoa, what happened to you?”
“Some kids threw a snow-ball at me, it got in my hair and then froze solid. God, I hate kids.” Savannah muttered.
“Whatever scrooge. Look, they're having the ice-competition of...

St Nicholas - Chapter 1.

A new start

“Morning, Ju.” Her mum said when she finally came downstairs.

“Morning.” She replied, pouring cereal.

“Ready for today? You look nice, the uniform suits you.”

Julia raised an eyebrow “Mother, are you serious? I look like a plum pudding!”

“A very nice plum pudding.”

Before she could open her mouth to tell her mother she needed better glasses, her dad entered.
“Cheer up, Julia!” her dad called, noticing her staring out the kitchen window. “It’s only a new school, not the end of the world!”

She ignored him,...

A trip down memory lane - Part 6.

The memory trees.

“Sorry about that, Al, but apparently the instruction to follow ya wasn’t enough, so I had ta give ‘em a little…nudge.” Debian eyed Billet, who pointedly avoided eye-contact.

With a sigh Alex said. “Forget it. Take a seat.” All the kelso’s sat cross-legged forming a circle around him. Debian stepped over Annie and Mary and sat beside Alex.

“Shall I?”

One curt nod later and Debian clicked his fingers. A black pot appeared, filled to the brim with water, it was supported by a triage connected with a chain....

That sort of person - Harvey

That sort of person - Billet.

5. He loves the idea of sitting down and reading a book for five minutes, not that he ever gets a chance to. 

That sort of person - Andy

1. Andy is the sort of person who wears a white labcoat over his normal clothes and does not care that he looks ridiculous.
2. His nickname is 'Old Andy' and he doesn't mind.
3. When he smiles at you you feel on top of the world, when he frowns at you you feel horrible.
4. He has top qualifcations in Science, Maths and English and yet regulary forgets to eat.
5. He has a love of reading that is infectious. 

That kind of person - Mary

1. Mary is the sort of person who will fix a broken toaster and not say anything.
2. When asked to research 'Lord of the Flies' the first thing she did was to read the book.
3. Mary reminds her twin sister Annie of a broken bird.
4. Mary is the sot of person who would much rather prefer to blend in with the woodwork.
5. She always think the books are better than the film adaptions. 

That sort of person - Annie

1. Annie is the sort of person who when someone she loves is wronged she will go straight to the person who wronged them and destroy them.
2. When asked to research 'Lord of the Flies' it suprised no one that she headed straight for the video rack.
3. The last electrical device Annie was let near exploded. 
4. Whenever her twin sister cries Annie is always the first to comfort her.
5. Annie has a tendancy to run into situations without knowing the full facts. 

That sort of person - Kevin

1. Kevin plays tennis professionally yet would always intentionally lose to a kid.
2. The last time he cooked pizza he didn't realise it was burning untill the smoke alarm went of.
3. He likes a joke, but knows when to be serious.
4. He's a mature older brother but an immature younger brother.
5. Kevin likes having a plan to follow, but doesn't always follow it exactly.

That sort of person - Gwen

1. Gwen is the sort of person who is more mature than her years, but at the cost of innocnence.
2. She likes wearing black.
3. She cares deeply about her family, but will never tell them that.
4. She hates being hugged but will occasionally give hugs herself.
5. Gwen is the sort of person that, outside of her family, most people would run away from. 

That Sort of Person

That sort of person - Scarface

1. Scarface is the sort of person who'll save you from falling if he's on your side, but drop you if he's not.
2. He's the sort of person who'll protect you, but also insult you.
3. He'll love you but be able to rattle of a list of 10 things he hates about you if asked.
4. If it was up to Scarface world peace would be achieved with a round of PG Tips.
5. He embraces change, but loves the old stuff. 

That Sort of Person

That sort of person - Scarface

A trip down memory lane - part five.

A surprising revelation.
“Aw! My ears are killing!” was the first thing Annie hollered as they appeared in Scarface’s head.

“Hold your nose, hold your breath and blow.” Mary advised. The others [who also had the popping sensation] did the same.

“Ugh, that was horrible guess we know what old Andy meant by a popping sensation.” Said Gwen.

“Everyone sorted?” Billet checked. They nodded. “Good. Now…Andy’s list…”
·          First meeting.
·          First date.
·          First kiss.
·          Wedding.
·          Deciding on housing situation.

“That’s random.” Kevin said, from over Billet’s shoulder.

“Random or not, they’re the memories that are missing, so they’re the memories we need to find.’

“Right, well then, I think it’ll be better if we split up and take a memory each.”...

A trip to the sweet store.

“Blaize, hurry up!” Farenheight called from the path.

Blaize, who had started daydreaming snapped into action and hurried after her sister. “Sorry, Faren.”

“Just try and keep up with me, its Market day, I don’t want to lose you.” Faren explained as she gentle pushed her way through a couple of people.

Market day happened once every month usually on a Sunday. Market stall owners would gather in the streets to sell things and competitions would be run for the children to display their fire-powers and try to win prizes. Blaize used to love them when she was younger, Faren had never been so keen, preferring to read in a corner somewhere or better yet just stay at home in the castle.

Eventually they made it to the other side and the sisters let out a sigh of relief. “The sweet shop’s this way, Blaize.” Faren instructed, dragging her younger sister by the arm.

Blaize rolled her eyes. “I know...

Open Prompt

A trip down memory lane - Part 4

What do we do?
Gwen bashed open the door and Billet, for the second time that day, jumped in the air. “Gwen! What on earth…” but the beginning of his lecture stopped when Gwen’s face crumpled and she began to cry. This was worrying, Gwen never cried, ever. Even when she was a baby you’d have to keep an eye of her to see if the silent tears were back – that had been Billet’s responsibility of course.

Now though, he swamped her in a hug and stroking her hair said quietly. “What’s wrong?”

“Scarface’s injured!”

And just like that all the couler went from Billets face and he stated running towards the tree-stump, reasoning that that was...

A trip down memory lane - Part 3.

Training session gone wrong.
The next day quickly arrived and Gwen was out of bed at 7:30 much to Kevin’s horror. “Why are you up this early? Have I missed something? Is it Christmas already? God, I haven’t forgotten anyone’s birthday have i!?”

Gwen rolled her eyes at her brother’s frantic worrying. “Chill out, Kev. I’m just excited, training session with Scarface today!”

“I don’t know why you’re excited.” Harvey said from behind her. “Scarface is notorious for having the most hard-core training sessions ever. Just hope he doesn’t challenge you, because if he does, not only do you have to accept it, you’ll lose.”

“Thanks for the encouragement.”

“It’s true.” Annie said from the door of her and Mary’s shared room. “Scarface has never lost a...

A trip down memory lane - Part 2 Scarface.

While Kevin was deciding what to do, Gwen was knocking on Scarface’s door. Scarface, aka Johnaowl, was her uncle on her father’s side. He was a legend, although the reason why was hardly discussed for whenever anyone mentioned Scarface’s name, there would be some comment about how wonderful he was to have survived, but no one actually seemed clear about what it was he had actually survived. The only clue was the scar, or technically burn, which covered Scarface’s left eye, an angry red mark that had miraculously not affected his sight was the only clue the creepers had. As you might had guessed this had led to a large amount of speculation with everything from fire to alien invasion being discussed.

Scarface opened the door and smiled the sort of smile that made you think he was generally glad to see you. “Ah, Gwen my sweet! How lovely to see you, would you like to come in?” and so...

Five Beginnings

Five beginnings - Roxy Goth

WITH A CHARACTER DESCRIPTION 
I took one look at myself with my scraggy hair, teddy-bear pjymas and sleep-filled eyes and wodered one thing. Why did I have to be me?

WITH A GENERALIZATION OR STATEMENT OF FACT 
In the forest there are trees. Within the trees there are houses. Within the houses there are Creepers. 

WITH DIALOGUE
"Tea!" Kevin Star-Struck Kelso yelled up the stairs. 
"Coming!" Was the reply.

BY PLANTING A QUESTION IN THE READER'S MIND 
Is there any truths to myths?

WITH A CHILD NARRATOR 
I hate pink. I hate pink and I hate fairys. So WHY did she give me a diary with a pink fairy on it?

The guide to friendship - chapter 3

I was awoken this morning by the light pouring through my ‘curtains’, I say it like that because seeing as my mum is an artist she thinks her talent extends to sewing. It doesn’t.

Anyway I’m writing this at break. Once I’d dragged myself up I stood in front of my mirror and dragged my brush through the rats tails most people call hair. Then I dragged myself downstairs.

Barney, Charlie and the twiddle idiots where already seated with mum serving up bowls of ceral and dad reading the paper like he always does.

“Hey Nikki.” Barney grinned. “Guess what today is?”

I sighed. “First day of a new school, again.”

“No, well, yes, but not just that. I have a job interview today.” Barney said, grin getting even wider. He has a job interview for some dumb office job. Personally I don’t get what’s so interesting about telling some old person interesting rubbish, but he thinks it’s a good...

Forbidden love.

The door opened and a blue-skinned teenager nervously peered out of it and double checked left and right to make sure no one was coming. Seeing it was all clear he made a break for it, slamming the door behind him and running as quickly as he could down the ice-steps in the castle.

“Maynolt Icicle! Where do you think you’re going?” The teenager winced, stopping at the bottom of the stairs and turning slowly around to be met with his father’s un-smiling face.

“E-erm…I’m just going to hang out by the fields.”  Maynolt said, doing his best to smile. Well, he reasoned with himself, it wasn’t technically a lie…he was going to the fields…

King Lupian scanned his son over once more, before bursting out laughing, he laughed so hard he actually had to hold his stomach.

Maynolt watched him, not entirely surprised. His father was a very good ruler, who the entire kingdom respected and only a few...

The world of the Scorcha's.

Blaize Scorcha was sitting alone at the kitchen table, which had a fire design on it. Everything in the castle was designed around the element of fire; the castle itself was deep red. The carpet in all the rooms, apart from the bathroom, was yellow. The mantelpiece in the front room was orange, as were most of the cabinets in the kitchen. As previously mentioned the kitchen table and the coffee table in the front room had a fire design on to complement the walls.

The young girl sighed, flicking a pencil against the table in a random rhythm. She looked out the window to see the black coals that made up the path from the castle throughout the village were unchanged. The light caught them, making them shine. In the distance she could see the red, orange and yellow gates with their mini-flames at the top, with the chain which bound the two gates together making sure no possible...

The Guide to Friendship chapter 2

Hannah Joan.

Hey. What do you write in a diary? I have seen diary books before; they sort of introduce the other members of the family in a ‘subtle’ way? But I already know my family so, like, what…

But I’ll give it a go anyway.

I was given this diary two months ago for my 11th birthday by one of my best friends, Carmen. I haven’t looked at it since until she asked me whether I’d written in it and I stupidly said ‘no’. So she demanded I start. So I brought it with me today.

I’m round her place actually, in her room. She and one of my best friends Bethany are sitting on the floor doing each other’s make-up. Scrap that, Carmen’s doing Bethany’s make-up. I have two other mates as well; Janie and Lucy, but they couldn’t make it today. Family stuff.

I glanced at Bethany and had to bring the diary over my face to...

A trip down memory lane - Part 1

Where’s Billet when you need him?

“Dinners ready!” 23 year old Kevin Star-Struck Kelso hollered up the stairs.

“Coming!” came 4 different replies, one from each of his younger siblings.

Kevin smiled as he turned his attention back to the spaghetti bolanaise he was cooking. He stirred it a few times, then lifted some of it up with a spoon, sniffed it, then tasted it. “Taste alright.” He muttered to himself, at least it was better than the pizza he attempted to cook the last time Billet had been late home. That was a disaster, thank the lord they had a smoke alarm otherwise, knowing him, he’d have never known the thing was burning until the kitchen was up in flames. He ladled the spaghetti bolanaise into 6 plates, setting one aside for when Billet finally returned from his ballet recital, and carefully balanced the remaining five with a skill that any human waiter or waitress would be envious of....

Open Prompt

A trip down memory lane - Part 4

Nikki Roi

Well, here I am, writing in this stupid diary my mother gave me. I mean seriously, it’s pink and has a fairy on the front. A fairy. I DO NOT like fairies and she knows that. But she’s always hoping I’ll have some sort of ‘girlyness upgrade’ and suddenly start twirling my hair and wearing pink. As if.

I hate pink.

I start my new school tomorrow, Toppington Secondary school. Toppington, what a stupid name. And I’ll be moving there just after the Christmas holidays when everyone else in the class has already had a chance to make friends. The reason why is because my father has a new job that requires him to move to Coventry. I did try to persuade mum that I should be home educated seeing as dad’s job is only temporary. She said ‘the day I’m home educating you is the day the earth stops turning.’ For god’s sake,...

Fantasy Writing Competition 2015

Hide and Seek without the hide.

Maxine ran through the snow, feeling it crunch under her trainers. Normally she’d have taken time out to say hello to the market-stall owners but she didn’t have time for that. She was on a mission.

The blue skinned girl rushed round a corner, skidding a little as she did so, quickly she regained her balance and carried on. She passed a couple of young children gleefully shooting snowballs out their hands. Ah the things the powers of ice could create, it was a joy to watch, but also quite dangerous to be around, she realised as a snowball hit her in the face.

“Sorry Princess!” One of the children called out.

Ignoring him the princess carried on. Where was that girl? She was gonna kill her when she found her.

She was so deep in thought she didn’t notice the other person until she bumped into him.

“Whoa, whoa watch it Maxine! You almost bowled me over!” Callum Grit....

The mystery of the missing make-up

"Maxine!" 

At that scream from upstairs Maxine paused the TV and looked up. What had she done now? Nothing. She'd just been watching TV all day.

Savvanah threw the door open and stormed over to her sister, standing menicingly in front of the TV.

"Do you mind?" Maxine asked, craning her head. "I am actually trying to watch TV here..."

"Where is it?"

"Where's what?"

"My make-up kit."

"I dunno. Why would I know? I hate make-up, you know I do. Now-move your fat behind out the way." 

Instead her infuritating sister turned the TV of. 

"HEY!"

"I'm serious, Maxine." Savvanah snapped, hands on hips, glaring so hard Maxine thought her sisters's face might crack. "I'm going out wth Derik tonight, I need to put my make-up on."

Maxine rolled her eyes. Derik was Savvanah's boyfreind and also her best freind Callum's older brother. She personally disliked the 'creep' as she'd dubbed him and frequently wondered how her sister was...

roxy goth's 7 Likes

character studies by Jenarae

Published over 2 years ago

There's No Place Like Home by temy

Published over 2 years ago

He Laughs. by EdMarie

Published over 2 years ago

If Looks Could Kill by Crys Partridge

Published over 2 years ago

Lunch with the Devil by Phoebe

Published over 2 years ago

Hide and Seek without the hide. by roxy goth

Published over 2 years ago

Under The Willow by Brendan Gibbons

Published over 2 years ago

4 Likes from Others

The world of the Scorcha's.

Liked by 1 person

The study of flame-powers

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned over 2 years ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned over 2 years ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned over 2 years ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned over 2 years ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned over 2 years ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned over 2 years ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned over 2 years ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned over 2 years ago

Top critic

Woohoo. You've submitted over fifteen reviews.

Earned over 2 years ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned over 2 years ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Leader inactive

Become a leader of the pack when over five other writers start following you.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

roxy goth isn't following anyone yet.