Riku-San

My name is Riku, I am a Meif'wa, and I live in Marshmallow village in the Tu'la region. I enjoy reading writing, video games, playing outside, drawing, and just being creative in general. An interesting fact about me is; I hate spiders,

The legend of the Infinite Mountain

It is said that somewhere on this planet lies an infinite mountain, It's peak soars above the clouds, and above all that we know.  You can climb it, or try at least, but however far you get, you will be know closer to the peak.  The thing that makes this place special, however, is the people that live on it.

Halfway up the mountain, there is a civilisation mirroring our own in advancement and evolution, these citizens love nothing more than to spend the days and nights skiing, snowboarding, and sledding down the infinite mountain.  however, since halfway to infinity is still infinity, and infinite works both ways, they will never reach the bottom, so we can be almost certain that we will never meet them in our life time.

And now, as we try to climb up to a discovery we cannot attain, and they speed down to a land only found in...

December Grab Bag

Write about a character’s first day of work at an unusual job:  How did I get here? Well that’s a question even I can't answer, after all, I didn’t even choose this job, I would never choose to work for a company that supplies data to muffin companies.  This company gathers data on foods people like, and sells it to the highest bidder, mainly companies like coca-cola and Post.  My position is a scout, I find potential sources of info and let the sleuths know, who actually gather the data.

Write a short story that includes these five phrases/words: crochet, muffin, elephant, tragic, and “Don’t play dumb with me”: I sit down in my chair and begin to crochet, i'm making a toy elephant for my little nephew, who's turning 1 in a few days.  Days later i'm at the party and I realise, oh, he cheaped out again, muffins, and not a cupcake in sight, so typical of...

December Grab Bag

Pompeii

Write a story inspired by a song, with credit to the songwriter in the footnotes

As my crimes were forgiven, my treachery against the mayor forgotten, I was left to my own devices, many days fell away with nothing to show, I was free, but a prisoner still to my own poverty and depression.

And now, a I watch and wait, the walls tumble down as the hot lava crashes against them, and the dark clouds of ash roll over the hills, blanketing us in a darkness from above.  But I close my eyes, as should you, and realise that almost feels like we've been here before, and that nothing has been here before... Bullshit, there's no way to be an optimist about this, no damn way...

Sigh, we were so caught up with our vices, and didn't even notice as the volcano that was our crown jewel began to rain dust, dust that settles and hardens around...

Void Apocalypse Chapter 2

Riku awoke to what sounded like a cat being skinned alive with a rusty butter knife, he rushed downstairs to find the creature from that fateful evening cornering Blixier by the donut stand, the entire shop was in a state of disaster, the tea rack was spilled, cakes were smashed, you get the idea, and Blixier was screaming like a banshee with its head cut off.
    “Hey you, Ugly!” yelled Riku, lashing out with several Kunai, “get outta' Riku-San’s Store!”
    The creature, however, seemed mostly unaffected by the knives that sunk into Its flesh up to the handles.  It turned around to face him and lunged, Riku, unable to jump the attack in a confined space.  Dove to the side and bonked his head against the sturdy counter.  The monster, seemingly satisfied that it had vanquished the nimble cat creature, turned Its attention back to Blixier, who had been attempting to creep his way to the door and...

November Grab Bag

Diary of a Squirrel in an Attic

Write about a squirrel, living in an attic

Day 1
Stood outside the big white box again today, chunky monkeys going in and out, clouds coming out the top, me stuck outside, sigh...

Day 2
Happy day, hole in box, climbed into hole, pink fluff, scratchy, but warm...

Day 3
Hole sealed by chunky monkeys, trapped, scared, hungry...

Day 4
Chewed out of box, nother' happy day, stashed nuts in box...

Day 5
Second hole, box in box, chunky monkeys didn't notice, found food, cheesy...

Day 6
Made new friend, like me, but not me, big floof, goes woof...

Day 7
Found red and white nuts in tiny box, blech, wooozy...

Day 8
Played with floof, played with tiny chunky monkey, loud...

Day 9
Nothing to do, eat sleep, bored...
Day 10
Found, kicked out, hole sealed, bye bye box, sigh...

November Grab Bag

Diary of a Squirrel in an Attic

Day 1
Stood outside the big white box again today, chunky monkeys going in and out, clouds coming out the top, me sealed outside, sigh...

Day 2
Happy day, hole in box, climbed into hole, warm...

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6
Found, kicked out, hole sealed, bye bye box, sad...

Why I Write

I Write To Share My Ideas

I write to share my ideas
Ideas that start deep within me,
and work their way out onto the page
Ideas about monsters and great quests,
coming alive on the paper...

I write to inspire
Inspiration not just for myself,
but for others as well
so they can create what they want...

I write to explore
Explore Vast worlds,
that cannot exist outside of my mind
Worlds filled with all manner of things,
floating mountains, magic spells...

I write to do,
all these things I cannot do for real,
but it can seem real, just as long I imagine,
Just as long as I write...

To share my ideas,
To inspire,
To explore...

Why I Write

I Write To Share My Ideas

I write to share my ideas
I write because I want to explore
I write to escape from the craziness of the real world, and enter a place of my own design and choosing
I write because I am creative
I write to inspire myself and others
I write because it is fun
I write to pass the time
I write because sometimes just reading isn't enough to satisfy my need for knowledge
I write to express myself
I write because I need to make my thoughts a reality
I write to give life to the characters in my head
I write because I want to share my ideas

Void Apocalypse Chapter One Revision

Chapter One
    A lone figure walks along a moonlit path, his tail swishing back and forth with each lithe stride.  Pointed ears, perched gracefully atop his shaggy head, flick this way and that, tracking the sounds of the forest, sensitive even to the footsteps of a mouse scurrying through the grasses bordering the path.  He in many ways resembles a cat: possessing claws, night vision, incredible jumping ability, and senses far beyond that of a human.  But he is not a cat, he is a Meif’wa, known to some as a Neko, or just simply a cat-person.  Since ages forgotten, Meif’wa have been a symbol of love, and kindness, guiding people’s lives and futures through the building and breaking of ships.
Creatable only by Meif’wa, a ship is a magical pairing of two sentient beings.  And like rubbing a magnet against a paperclip, the two beings' souls become attracted to each-other and they are far more likely to fall...

Void Apocalypse, Chapter One

A lone figure walks along a moonlit path, his tail swishing back and forth with each lithe stride.  Pointed ears, perched gracefully atop his shaggy head, flick this way and that, tracking the sounds of the forest, sensitive even to the footsteps of a mouse scurrying through the grasses bordering the path.  He in many ways resembles a cat; possessing claws, night vision, incredible jumping ability, and senses far beyond that of a human.  But he is not a cat, he is a Meif’wa, known to some as a Neko, or just simply a cat-person.  Since ages forgotten, Meif’wa have been a symbol of love, and kindness, guiding people’s lives and futures through the building and breaking of ships.
A ship is a magical pairing of two sentient beings, they can only be created by a Meif’wa, and they act like rubbing a magnet against a paperclip, the two beings' souls become magnetized towards each-other and they are far more...

Void Apocalypse, Chapter One