JayceeRae

Gemini
Australian
girl/she/her
artist
dancer
always dreaming
animal lover

Creative Nonfiction Competition 2020

Thinking loudly

Leah Emerson woke up on her fifteenth birthday and ran down the stairs of her house.
"She's here," her mum said. "I wish Peter could at least act happy,"
"I have a thousand other things to do," said Leah's brother Peter. "Why do I have to be here?"
"Good morning," Leah said when she entered the room.
"I want to go," said Peter.
"Why?" Leah asked Peter.
"Why, What?" he said looking at Leah confused.
"Why do you want to go?" Leah asked.
"Can we just get this over with?" Peter asked, but Leah didn't see him move his mouth.
"Ok," Leah said with Peter now looking at her as though she's crazy.

Later that day when Leah was ready to go to school Leah realized it was raining outside so she grabbed an umbrella. On her way to school her head filled with voices saying the most random things, some shouting at her. Leah was confused by all these...

Jennifer

“um, the strawberry milkshake and cheeseburgers right?”
“yeah, thanks,” she said as I walked back behind the counter.
“come on Adri when does your shift end,” he said.
“yeah hurry up,” she said.
“in five minutes,” I said.
“argh,” Elena said.
“fine we’re ditching, for the record you guys kidnapped me and held me for ransom which you paid,” I said taking off my apron.
“ok,” Ben said the door bell jingled.
“one more person?”
“well whatever,” Elena said.
“what can I get you,” I said.
“um, just some fries please,” he said, after quickly jotting it down and giving it to Penny (the person who does the cooking) I ran through the door with Elena and Ben quickly following behind me. We ran down the coast a bit and to Elena’s car. We drove from the main beach to the surf beach.
We took of our clothes and revealed bathers underneath and put on our wetsuits, then we pulled...

Noah

Noah is the person everyone knows and yet know one knows. He is also on the football team, Noah is the type of person who seems to know how to fix everything. If he doesn't want to do something he won't. He doesn't have as much money, he can afford to go to the school and live among the wealthier kids because when his father disappeared he left behind a lot of money. His mum and dad came from wealthier families, but his mum's family lost all their money because of some lawsuits and his fathers family gives them enough to seem still quite rich but usually don't give them more than enough to pay rent and keep Noah at the school he's at.

Noah is sixteen and his father disappeared when he was thirteen. He is assumed dead but his mother won't give up looking for him, Noah gave up a long time ago. Noah thinks his dad just...

Elena

Elena is Adrianna's other friend and though she doesn't know Ben that well they always hang out (friend of a friend). She is on the cheer team with adrianna and has okay grades. Elena seems so full of life and is always energetic to her the world seems so innocent and she can do anything. Elena's parents own a law firm and are rarely ever home and she's an only child. some nights Adrianna satys over at Elena's because Elena feels alone sometimes, this works out well for Adrianna but Elena doesn't know what happens at her house (she has a feeling but is to scared of the answer if she asked).

Elena has long red hair and pale white skin (even though they are always in the sun) she has brown eyes and is a bit taller than Adrianna. Elena's hair is more often in braids and two of them. She always seems happy and will always be the...

Ben

Ben is the person who in a bad situation isn't the one to get everyone out but the one to make it tens times less horrible. He is always making everyone happy and laughing usually because deep down he doesn't know how else to comfort them. Ben is on the football team and is on of 'the guys' he isn't the guy all the girls dream of all day but he's okay with that. His best friend is Adrianna (kind of his only real friend) he feels lucky to have her (the other 'guys' don't have someone like Adrianna always there for them) and in being friends with Adrianna or Adri as Ben calls her he also hangs out with Adrianna's other best friend Elena.

Ben has dark blonde hair and is tall but not super tall he's about five foot eleven. he has green eyes and tan skin with freckles across his face though not too many. he is...

Adrianna

Adrianna or Adri for short lives in a town by the beach called Ghamsea, the town is small but it's that type of place where either you have lots of money or you don't have any. The people who don't have much money are looked down upon by those who have money. 
Adrianna is one of those without money. she works at a diner called Caroline's and a general store by the beach called the surf shop. she works at the surf shop in the morning and Caroline's at night. Adrianna doesn't have the most stable mom. her mom has since she was eleven been drunk almost all day and all night rarely ever sober. Adrianna has learnt to leave when her mom starts shouting and yelling a her over nothing. Adrianna usually picks up a few shifts at Caroline's and she has to leave for a bit. no one at school notices this.
Adrianna is almost always surfing in her...

characters from a story im writing

Adrianna the story's mainly about her life. she is kind and doesn't mind that she's invisible to those around her. She has her stuff together one thing could change that all so she hates change she hates something ruining what she has. But she has gotten used to it her mum is an unstable alcoholic and leaving the house for weeks at a time is a regular thing.

Ben is Adrianna's friend he is the type of person who gets everyone laughing in less than a minute he is the life of the party and not as invisible as Adrianna. He is on the football team and doesn't have everything together kind of like he's waiting for the right moment for everything to be fixed. he is much like everyone in the town rich unlike Adrianna.

Elena is Adrianna's only other friend the three are close she is on the cheer team with Adrianna. Adrianna usually stays at her house...

Speechwriting Competition 2020

Gender Equality

The world has always seemed to think of women as less or boys are better than girls. I have always had no idea why. I mean men think that they are stronger but I mean women are the ones who give birth (is that not strong enough). just because you are stronger doesn't make you better than someone else unless it does and its just no one has told me?
I honestly never felt like my brothers were any better than me until at one age where they started to would gang up and make fun of me over little things like once they said 'I had weird knees!' I mean come on they're knees get over it! but in all my arguments with my siblings would always take my brothers side despite it being prejudiced and wrong. What's worse that my cousin felt the same way!

We all what equality, but where is it? I mean we are all...

Speechwriting Competition 2020

Gender Equality

Speechwriting Competition 2020

Gender Equality

The world has always seemed to think of women as less than or thought that boys are better than girls. I have always had no idea why I mean men think that they are stronger but I mean women are the ones who give birth but just because you are stronger doesn't make you better than someone else unless it does and its just no one has told me?
I honestly never felt like my brothers were any better than me until at one age where they started to would gang up and make fun of me over little things like once they said I had weird knees! I mean come on they're knees get over it! but in arguments my siblings would always take my brothers side even though he is never nice to them and his point is wrong and about something rude towards someone else. My cousin also felt the same about the arguments.

You have to...