NothingsEverGoodEnough

He/him
14 years old
Aspiring Marine biologist and author
joined September 2020
If you really like my work and show some talent yourself, I will add you to my shout out list!
Latest addition to the shout out list: DoodleNinja!

"You are gonna get judged about anything you do now. Accept who you are and keep moving forward." - Iann Dior

Hey readers and writers! My name's Nathan, and I am currently living in Fairfield, Connecticut, United States. I enjoy playing tons of sports, reading some good stories, writing stories of my own, and studying to become a marine biologist. I humbly ask you guys to read some of my pieces, and if you do I will try to read your work and give comments.If you want a review from me, just ask!
I recommend checking out wintermagic. She has some really good pieces and loves to give reviews. Make sure to check out ThunderBird(my twin brother IRL), Rohan's Defender, Ash DoodleNinja, and Stone of Jade. They are really talented writers!

Pandemic Memoir

My pandemic in six words

Well, at least its almost done.

Untitled (please leave title ideas in the comments)

Being afraid is being human.
Being afraid is natural.
I can remember the first time I truly felt afraid.
My brother had an issue with his leg and had to go to the hospital.
You might be saying, oh, that’s not so bad, he’ll recover.
But that’s not the worst thing that happened that day.
Not by a long shot.
As they were driving to the hospital, my mom lost her wallet.
She called my dad in the car as we were driving home from our grandparents house,
Where we had stayed for the weekend as a family.
That was where Tyler got hurt.
 As soon as the call was patched through, I could hear the fear and sadness in my mom's voice as she told my dad she had lost her wallet and they were looking for it as they spoke.
As the call ended, there was silence in the car for 15 minutes.
Then, I couldn’t take it...

Buoy

Sometimes, I feel like a buoy.
Bobbing, alone, unheard, 
Unseen, and overlooked,
The gradual pounding of the waves
Wears me down,
Changes me,
Reshapes me.
Then I remember
I am not alone.
Quite the contrary.
The waves surround me,
Pushing me to my limits,
Molding me,
Guiding me.
Sometimes, I am something you want to try and reach,
To stretch for, to show your accomplishment.
Sometimes I am something you avoid,
Because as innocent as I seem sometimes,
There is a sharp, rusty barb covered somewhere in that murk
That surrounds me.
Sometimes I stand out, like a lighthouse beam.
I am noticed.
Sometimes I blend in, like I disappear into the rolling fog.
That surrounds me in mystery until I am everything and nothing at once.
Sometimes I am withdrawn, out in my own world, my own depth,
Where only Mother Earth can reach me.
Sometimes I am washed up, stuck in place, nowhere else to go.
But not...

Bailey McFee's Mission in Life (Revised) Last one I promise!

If there was leftover love in the world, it sure as heck made sure to stop and rest awhile on Bailey McFee's shoulders. I swear, this little girl hated nobody and loved everyone. She had long blonde hair that was almost always tied up in twin pigtails, her pale face was always covered with freckles no matter the season, and her smile could wear down even the strictest of adults.When she was 5, she gave a homeless couple her 1,000 dollar check she got for her birthday. Just about sprinted down the street to where those poor souls panhandled a few measly cents out of the few and far between sympathetic people. She ripped open the card, saw the contents, and was out the door within a second, I kid you not. She only hesitated to say thank you to her befuddled parents before tearing down the street, pigtails bouncing.
 Now, this girl was and still is severely nonathletic, but...

Bailey McFee's Mission in Life (Revised)

If there was leftover love in the world, it sure as heck made sure to stop and rest awhile on Bailey McFee's shoulders. I swear, this little girl hated nobody and loved everyone. She had long blonde hair that was almost always tied up in twin pigtails, her pale face was always covered with freckles no matter the season, and her smile could wear down even the strictest of adults.When she was 5, she gave a homeless couple her 1,000 dollar check she got for her birthday. Just about sprinted down the street to where those poor souls panhandled a few measly cents out of the few and far between sympathetic people. She ripped open the card, saw the contents, and was out the door within a second, I kid you not. She only hesitated to say thank you to her befuddled parents before tearing down the street, pigtails bouncing. Now, this girl was and still is severely nonathletic, but...

If there was leftover love in the world, it sure as heck made sure to stop and rest awhile on Bailey McFee's shoulders. I swear, this little girl hated nobody and loved everyone. She had long blonde hair that was almost always tied up in twin pigtails, her pale face was always covered with freckles not matter the season, and her smile could wear down even the strictest of adults.When she was 5, she gave a homeless couple her 1,000 dollar check she got for her birthday. Just about sprinted down the street to where those poor souls panhandled a few measly cents out of the few and far between sympathetic people. She ripped open the card, saw the contents, and was out the door within a second, I kid you not. She only hesitated to say thank you to her befuddled parents before tearing down the street, pigtails bouncing. Now, this girl was and still is severely nonathletic, but...

If there was leftover love in the world, it sure as heck made sure to stop and rest awhile on Bailey McFee's shoulders. I swear, this little girl hated nobody and loved everyone. When she was 5, she gave a homeless couple her 1,000 dollar check she got for her birthday. Just about sprinted down the street to where those poor souls panhandled a few measly cents out of the few and far between sympathetic people. She ripped open the card, saw the contents, and was out the door within a second, I kid you not. She only hesitated to say thank you to her befuddled parents before tearing down the street, pigtails bouncing. Now, this girl was and still is severely nonathletic, but when you threw a poor suffering soul into the mix, that girl turned into a freaking Olympic sprinter in like point 2 seconds. 2 month's after the check sprint debacle, that previously homeless family was in...

Love

Sometimes, you feel like you are a balloon,
Soaring through the sky with no tie to the ground
And you are free, you feel free.
Sometimes it feels as if you are a
Disobedient dog, chained to reality, 
With nowhere else to go.
Sometimes you taste cotton candy, 
Sweet in the moment, 
But always expensive, and it always
Evaporates
On
Y o u r
Tongue .
Sometimes you see a person, standing in front of you, 
Giving their heart to you,
And you envelop it in all of the comfort you can give it.
Sometimes, you give your heart away to someone you trust,
And they don’t
Give it back.
It sounds like laughter, hushed voices, and nothing at all, just 2 people 
Taking solace in one another’s embrace.
I may not be everything to you, but there are other people in this world,
So it is your job to love them and care for them and protect them and...