31243b8f f35f 44dc 9924 e12487b6b108

Sophia DuBose

I've always loved stories. I love how honest writing is. You really can't hide. Words reveal more than you even realize. It's a risk to put your writing out there, especially in public forums like this, but it's vital if you wish to improve.

I just want to be honest.

31243b8f f35f 44dc 9924 e12487b6b108

Sophia DuBose (United States) liked To Her by J. R. B. (United States)

about 11 hours ago

31243b8f f35f 44dc 9924 e12487b6b108

Sophia DuBose (United States) reviewed:

Hello?

This is a fun piece!

1 day ago

31243b8f f35f 44dc 9924 e12487b6b108
Tss

Sophia DuBose (United States) started following E.S. Paul (United States)

1 day ago

31243b8f f35f 44dc 9924 e12487b6b108
Prolific

Sophia DuBose (United States) earned a badge Prolific

1 day ago

31243b8f f35f 44dc 9924 e12487b6b108
Elven portrait   ella

Sophia DuBose (United States) started following JediKnightGirl (United States)

31243b8f f35f 44dc 9924 e12487b6b108
Snoopy

Sophia DuBose (United States) started following Faith Camp (United States)

31243b8f f35f 44dc 9924 e12487b6b108
Admirer

Sophia DuBose (United States) earned a badge Admirer

31243b8f f35f 44dc 9924 e12487b6b108
1

Sophia DuBose (United States) published:

Meeting Adventure

What made me notice Katrine Loveland wasn't her looks (though she was relatively pretty) it wasn't her clothes either (though they where of good taste and style) no it was the fact that she was flipping off an old man. I was lounging against an old wall watching the tourists pass pointing in an odd awe to the many decapitated churches around them. I place a cigarette in-between my teeth and dug in my pocket for a lighter. Unable to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

31243b8f f35f 44dc 9924 e12487b6b108
Kaori

Sophia DuBose (United States) started following Nonny2101 (Maldives)

31243b8f f35f 44dc 9924 e12487b6b108
Popular penman

Sophia DuBose (United States) earned a badge Popular Penman

Meeting Adventure

What made me notice Katrine Loveland wasn't her looks (though she was relatively pretty) it wasn't her clothes either (though they where of good taste and style) no it was the fact that she was flipping off an old man. I was lounging against an old wall watching the tourists pass pointing in an odd awe to the many decapitated churches around them. I place a cigarette in-between my teeth and dug in my pocket for a lighter. Unable to find it, I desperately I glanced toward the street, suspecting it may have fallen to the cobble stones. That's when I saw her, a girl with dark slick hair and piercing green eyes  making an obscene gesture at the back of a stooped old man. Presently the gentleman turned around and the girl dropped her arm and gave an innocent smile. The old man said something to her, looking expectantly over his glasses. The dark haired girl gushes something back....

Meeting Adventure

What made me notice Katrine Loveland wasn't her looks, though she was relatively pretty, it wasn't her clothes either, though they where of good taste and style, no it was the fact that she was flipping off an old man. I was lounging against an old wall watching the tourists pass pointing in an odd awe of the many decapitated churches around them. I place a cigarette in-between my teeth and dug in my pocket for a lighter. Unable to find it, I desperately I glanced toward the street, suspecting it may have fallen to the cobble stones. That's when I saw her, a girl with dark slick hair and piercing green eyes  making an obscene gesture at the back of a stooped old man. Presently the old man turned around and the girl dropped her arm to her sides and gave an innocent smile. The old man said something to her looking expectantly over his glasses. The dark haired...

The Fact Is

The fact is that America has a gun violence problem. No matter what side of the political spectrum you fall on you know that to be true. Yesterday, May 18th 2018th, the US experienced its 22nd school shooting this year. The fact is that yesterday, 10 people lost their lives.
    Since the Columbine shootings in 1999 school shootings have been becoming more common. And the Santa Fe gunman holds so many similarities to the Columbine shooters. The trench coat, the pipe bombs, the reasons he sighted for his attack (the wish to have his story as a bullied student told)... And he isn't the only one. Many of the school shooters since that horrible first tragedy have sighted the incident as the inspiration for their actions and others have viewed Columbine as the standard by which they will be measured, the body count something to beat. It has become a sick cycle one that I'm not quite sure is...

Change the World

On Wednesday the 18th of March, a few days before the scheduled nation wide walkouts in regards to gun control, after made the announcement about our schools own walkout was made, I was exiting the dinning hall when I heard two boys joking about the scheduled date. “4/20 walkout” they laughed, obviously referring to todays significance to weed. As a girl from Colorado, this is date is important to me, but not in the way you would assume. On this day, in the year 1999, the world was terrifically changed. Two students walked into to their High School in Columbine, Colorado, and proceeded to injure 21 people and kill 12 students and a teacher. It was the deadliest school shooting to that date. The perpetrators had been bullied throughout their high school careers and wished to exact revenge. The boys original plan had included blowing up the cafeteria during the first lunch rotation, with the hope of sending the students...

Change the World

On Wednesday the 18th of May, a few days before the scheduled nation wide walkouts in regards to gun control, after made the announcement about our schools own walkout was made, I was exiting the dinning hall when I heard two boys joking about the scheduled date. “4/20 walkout” they laughed, obviously referring to todays significance to weed. As a girl from Colorado, this is date is important to me, but not in the way you would assume. On this day, in the year 1999, the world was terrifically changed. Two students walked into to their High School in Columbine, Colorado, and proceeded to injure 21 people and kill 12 students and a teacher. It was the deadliest school shooting to that date. The perpetrators had been bullied throughout their high school careers and wished to exact revenge. The boys original plan had included blowing up the cafeteria during the first lunch rotation, with the hope of sending the students...

"Are You Okay?"

I don't what I expected when I kissed him. I don't what on earth was thinking when he came in for a hug and I impulsively pressed my lips against his. All I knew is that my biology class had become irrevocably hard to concentrate on because my thoughts were drifting in his direction, instead of focusing on the process of global warming. All I knew is that I liked spending time with him. All I knew is that I wanted to kiss him. And as it turns out, he wanted to kiss me too. 
    As the weeks on we began to kiss more often. And then it graduated to more than kissing. While this was all happening he kept doing something that I had never, ever expected. Every time we did something new and even when we were retracing our steps over old ground, he'd pull back look at me in the eyes and ask "Are you...

"Are You Okay?"

As the weeks on we began to kiss more often. And then it graduated to more than kissing (not as far as sex though). While this was all happening he kept doing something that I had never, ever expected. Every time we did something new and even when we were retracing our steps over old ground, he'd pull back look at me in...

Environmental Writing Competition 2018

If Only

When I was a little girl, I believed that everyone was put on this earth for a reason. Everyone had a specific task which they were meant to fulfill before their death. My task: to save the earth from human-induced global warming. A lofty goal for a small child, it’s true, but growing up in the Rocky Mountains, in a solar powered home, had allowed me to experience a very intimate relationship with the earth. I full-heartedly believed that I alone would be able to reverse the damage wrought on our earth by pollution and the indifference of politicians and leaders. I would even incorporate this dream into my games, often asking my friends to play the roles of polluters while I played the earth’s defender. My friends obliged, pelting their carpeted floors with random bits and bobs from around the room and then walking away, pretending to be in an indignant huff. This was to represent the 'bad guys' who maliciously contaminated the surroundings. Then I would step forward, imagining...

Environmental Writing Competition 2018

If Only

When I was a little girl I believed that everyone was put on this earth for a reason. Everyone had a specific task which they were meant to fulfill before their death. My task: to save the earth from human-induced global warming. I full-heartedly believed that I alone would have the words that would reverse the damage wrought on our earth by global warming, encouraged and enhanced by human activity. I remember standing at the edge of my garden looking down my dusty dirt road and telling my sister with absolute certainty that I would be the one to end global warming. I would even incorporate this dream into my games, often asking my friends to play the roles of polluters while I played mother earth incarnate. My friends obliged, pelting their carpeted floors with random bits and bobs from around the room and then walking away, pretending to be in an indignant huff. This was to represent the 'bad...

Environmental Writing Competition 2018

If Only

When I was a little girl I believed that everyone was put on this earth for a reason. Everyone had a specific task which they were meant to fulfill before their death. My task: to save the earth from human-educed global warming. I full-heartedly believed that I alone would have the words that would reverse the damage wrought on our earth by global warming, encouraged and enhanced by human activity. I remember standing at the edge of my garden looking down my dusty dirt road and telling my sister with absolute certainty that I would be the one to end global warming. I would even incorporate this dream into my games, often asking my friends to play the roles of polluters while I played mother earth incarnate. My friends obliged, pelting their carpeted floors with random bits and bobs from around the room and then walking away, pretending to be in an indignant huff. This was to represent the 'bad...

Love in 13 Words

When She's Gone

"What is it like when she's gone?" 
"It's like my heart is missing."

Sophia DuBose 's 5 Likes

To Her by J. R. B.

Published about 11 hours ago

Limerick by mhperr

Published 16 days ago

Mother's Wish by logan bradford

Published 16 days ago

The sun and The moon by Sama Shehab

Published 18 days ago

14 Likes from Others

Change the World

Liked by 3 people

Stealing her Dream

Liked by 1 person

To be Forgotten

Liked by 2 people

"Are You Okay?"

Liked by 5 people

Meeting Adventure

Liked by 1 person

Meeting Adventure

Liked by 1 person

image

Liked by 1 person

When She's Gone

Liked by 3 people

To be Forgotten

Liked by 3 people

If Only

Liked by 1 person

If Only

Liked by 1 person

A String of Clichés

Liked by 1 person

If Only

Liked by 3 people

How Stories Saved Me

Liked by 4 people

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned 17 days ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned 7 days ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned 3 months ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned 17 days ago

Supporter

You're following over 10 other writers right now.

Earned 16 days ago

Admirer

You've followed over twenty other writers!

Earned 3 days ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned 3 months ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned 4 months ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned 1 day ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned 17 days ago

Popular penman

Very nicely done - you've got over ten favorites.

Earned 4 days ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned 3 months ago

Top critic

Woohoo. You've submitted over fifteen reviews.

Earned 7 days ago

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.