Nathaniel G. Williams

12

He/Him

ENTJ-A (Commander)

Ravenclaw nerd

Sci-fi/Fantasy

Open to all genres.

Please be honest in all your reviews.

My avatar is the black power symbol.

Justice for all!

#BlackLivesMatter

Let your voice be heard! Write your ideas, no matter how crazy they may be! I've done it - and trust me, I've had a lot of crazy ideas. In these completely unpredictable year of 2020, it's time to speak out against what you think is wrong. Be creative! Write more!

I will be taking a break from the halloween avatar for now.

P.S. Check out my new series Wondali!

Cli-Fi

The Wave

The tsunami hit us head on. Nobody predicted it. Well, meteorologists have trouble predicting anything these days. The flash floods that tore through the town after the tsunami last night devastated us. 100 years ago they predicted this might happen. Now that time has come.
    The government is trying, but it's no use. There's not much they can do. Even the U.N. is struggling to find a solution, let alone get along. They're too busy deciding where the Dutch should live now that the Netherlands is underwater. And as for America, it's hard enough trying to save New York from going under. 
    The beach used to be a place where people could hang out in the summer and have fun. A place where you could surf the waves and build sandcastles. It used to be a place of joy and happiness. Now it's a dumpster with plastic waves coming in to bring...

That Sort of Person

Characters From Wondali in One Sentence

They're the kind of person that doesn't trust anyone, and keeps to themselves.
He's the kind of person who always keeps his promises, continuing his brother's legacy.
He's the kind of man that you don't want to mess with, always looking menacing.

Speechwriting Competition 2020

America - Wake Up (Final Draft)

In today's world, many people have different views as to what are the biggest issues in today's society. Some say climate change is a big one. Others say we need to get COVID-19 under control first. Those are big problems, I'm not contradicting that. However, there is one problem in today's society that most people don't know exists: mass incarceration.
    Mass incarceration can be defined as the unique way the U.S. has locked up a large amount of people in prisons and jails. Yes, you heard that right. Lots of people are being locked up when what they really need is financial support and counseling. It is estimated that over 2.28 million people were behind bars in 2010. The numbers have skyrocketed since then. But the worst part is, 40 percent of the prison population is black and 19 percent is latinx. 
    The prison population started rising in the 1970's during the presidency of Richard Nixon. Nixon...

Wondali - Chapter 2: Shadows of the Past

The bright glare of the sun in his face woke Erdalei up from his deep slumber. He heard a loud thumping noise on the front door. For a second he thought the ogre had come back. He took his walking stick and cautiously opened the door, making it creak on it's hinges. He held up the stick and then pulled the door open, making the doorknob hit the wall, chipping the paint.
    Erala almost stumbled headfirst onto the floor. The stranger used his stick to catch his fall, however. "I can see you're the cautious type," he growled.
  Erdalei looked up at the sun. It had barely risen. "What are you doing here so early?"
  "I've been knocking on your door for half an hour, you blundering fool! We're two hours behind schedule, thanks to you and your friend. We have to hit the road in ten minutes if we want to make any...

Speechwriting Competition 2020

America - Wake Up (Final Draft)

WAKE UP! - Rage Against the Machine

Many people say that America is the greatest nation on the globe. They say we have the strongest army, the best economy, a government "of the people, by the people, for the people."  A country in which they say everyone has equal freedom, including all BIPOC and LGBTQ+ people. But they forget. The Declaration of Independence says "all men are created equal" for a reason. 
    Thomas Jefferson, the writer of the Declaration of Independence, owned slaves. Yes, the very man who wrote everyone is equal had slaves. But did he really believe that people of color should have rights just like his? 
    One historian at Stanford University argues that Thomas Jefferson was not talking about individual equality, but rather that the American colonists had "the same rights to self-government" as everyone else did. In my opinion, what he meant was that every man was created equal and every woman...

Vice President Fly

As I'm watching the VP talk, I stop.
I look closer at the screen.
It's a fly.
A fly is on his head.
The VP continues talking as the fly stays on his head.
He doesn't notice.
However, I am now paying more attention
To the fly.
The fly is just hanging out there.
The VP doesn't notice.
Vice President Fly seems to think he's king of the world.
Then he flies away.

Everyone talks about the fly.
On Facebook, people are posting pictures
Of this fly. 
The fly is now a celebrity.
People don't care about Mike Pence,
They care about the fly.
People wonder what happened to the fly.
Rumor has it the fly died of coronavirus.

Speechwriting Competition 2020

America - Wake Up (Final Draft)

WAKE UP! - Rage Against the Machine

Many people say that America is the greatest nation on the globe. They say we have the strongest army, the best economy, a government in which the people get to make decisions. A country in which "all men are created equal." A country in which they say everyone has equal freedom, and this includes all BIPOC and LGBTQ+ people. But they forget. The Declaration of Independence says "all men are created equal" for a reason. 
    Thomas Jefferson, the writer of the Declaration of Independence, owned slaves. Yes, the very man who wrote everyone is equal had slaves. But did he really believe everyone is equal? 
    One historian at Stanford University argues that Thomas Jefferson was not talking about individual equality, but rather that the American colonists had "the same rights to self-government" as everyone else did. In my opinion, what he meant was that every man was created equal...

Wondali - Chapter 1: The Stranger

Erdalei watched as the sun set behind the mountains, the dewdrops glistening from the ultraviolet rays. He sat down on a bench, sweating after a long day of work in the fields. His long elven ears were hot and drooping. The other farmers were packing up their tools and beginning to head back to their homes.
    Erdalei sighed. The sunsets here in Darenai were always so beautiful. It made the village seem even more peaceful. A place where elves and humans could live together in harmony as orange beams of sunlight bounced off of the rooftops. Nobody had to worry about wars or family feuds. Everyone helped each other out. The crops were growing well, the wells were full, it was a good year altogether.
    "Hey, Erdalei!" Erdalei turned around. He squinted. With the bright sun in his eyes, he could only make out someone walking towards him. As the figure got nearer, he...

All Talk

Creating Water - a dialogue.

"I have an idea."
    "What is it this time?"
    "I promise it's not as crazy as last time."
    "It won't involve almost burning the building down?"
    "Of course not!"
    "And it won't be like that time when you flooded the third floor? Or the time you accidentally set Mr. Hernandez's bunny on fire or the time when-"
    "OK, I get it! There's been a lot of trial and error during my experiments. But I promise you, this time will be different!"
    "Just get it over with."
    "OK. So. What if we try to create a way so that people can have an infinite supply of water?"
    "Don't we already have an infinite supply of water?"
    "Yes, but some dryer places have a less infinite supply."
    "What is that supposed to mean?"
    "I mean places...

Wondali - Chapter 1: The Stranger

Wondali - Chapter 1: The Stranger

YOU in threes

Who Is Nathaniel G. Williams?

• Three quirks or idiosyncrasies.
         Twitching, tapping, weird noises.
  • Three communities to which you belong (these can be unusual).
          Mason street townhomes, Third culture kids, WtW.
  • Three adjectives your peers would use to describe you.
           Weird, funny, interesting.
  • Three adjectives your family would use.
           Smart, interesting, extroverted.
  • Three adjectives you would use.
            Unique, special, nerd.
  • Three things about you that very few people know.
           I used to live overseas, I am probably one of the youngest people on this site, I write my own play scripts                             sometimes.
  • Three beliefs you hold. 
           Every person, no matter their skin color, no matter their gender identity, straight, gay, asexual, or bisexual, is               ...

Dust Jacket

About Me

PROMPT #1: WRITER ID
  1. What is your favorite genre to write?                                                                                                          My favorite genre to write is definitely fiction, and fantasy in particular.
  2.  What is your favorite genre to read?                                                                                                        My favorite genre to read is also fantasy, and I also like sci-fi.
  3.  What draws you to the WtW community?          ...

Unbiased Anthropology

Semohnowt Treets Nosam

My whole life I have traveled the world. I have gone to several different towns, states, and countries, and have seen many more neighborhoods than many people get to see in a life time, but never before have I seen a place like this.
    All the houses are two or three-story tall condos linked together. There are 3 condo buildings, each containing 3 condos. 2 of the buildings have two stories, 2 of them have 3 stories. Inside the complex, there is a guesthouse, a large patio in front of the guesthouse, and a parking lot.
    This community has a very interesting, I guess you could say, "political system." They elect a president of the board every year or so, and that person is in charge of planning parties, potlucks, and meetings. They have to figure out what time works for everyone, and sends out all the announcements themselves. Every once in a while they have...