2016 05 06 19.42.46

ImpossibleGirlo1

Howdy! I am a klutzy sophomore who laughs at herself! ;) I am a country girl at heart, and love writing, reading, drawing, being outside, being with little kids, and animals. My goal is to one day publish a book, and do something great!

"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work." ~Colin Powell So, hey if you have a dream, don't just lay around wishing it would happen, get up and do something about it. Work towards that dream, and never stop workin' 'till you get to where you want to be, and even then don't quit. "BE GREAT! You're tired? Fine be tired, but be great...choose great!" ~Scott Lang

2016 05 06 19.42.46

ImpossibleGirlo1 (United States) reviewed:

A Tale of Two Treasures

*desperately searches for something to comfort her, and decides to make some tea, because her nerves are too wound up, because she is too curious.*

2016 05 06 19.42.46
1

ImpossibleGirlo1 (United States) published:

Battle of the Mind

Hurry up, you're walking into a room with people. People that know you. Where's your happy face?
I don't feel happy.
But you can't let them know that. Be strong remember?
I know, but--
It's only for an hour, and then you can wander off somewhere and do whatever. Who knows? Maybe by that point your mood will have changed.
I guess.
So you'll do it?
I guess.
Here goes nothin' then.

A half-hearted smile breaks across my face as...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2016 05 06 19.42.46

Arms of Light

PROMPT: Becoming Human

'But I feel like nothing in another's eyes...So why tell me such lies?' Darlin' it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. You're bright and beautiful and special in your own way and you shine everyday, no matter what! Even if...

2016 05 06 19.42.46

False Hope

It wasn't the easiest life, it wasn't the happiest life, it wasn't even the best life, but it was mine. It was the life I was born into, and there wasn't anything I could've done to change the circumstances. I was fairly unhappy with what happened, but there wasn't anyway I could go back to fix it, so instead I lived with It. And oh how exhausting that was. Always trying to push through It, to be strong for...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2016 05 06 19.42.46

Escape

Shaking. I've been reduced to shaking. Uncontrollable shaking. I'm getting worse. It's always there in my head, so when I rhead something as simple as an email, it sets me off on some sort of anxiety attack. I zone out, I don't talk, I shake all over. It scares me. It scares me that I shut down and revert into the dark past within me when I hear his name. I'm trapped in the past, in the fear and despite...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2016 05 06 19.42.46
Image

ImpossibleGirlo1 (United States) started following Perksofthedyingjar (South Africa)

2016 05 06 19.42.46

Fear

Fear. It's something that can thwart even the bravest warrior. It sneaks up on us, grabs us tightly and takes control. We become slaves to it and are held prisoner until someone or something sets us free. Often times we are too weak to fight it by ourselves.

Fear has taken hold of me once again. I'm paralyzed, because I was caught off guard and am unable to recover. I have feared something like this, had nightmares about this for...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2016 05 06 19.42.46
1
1

Why Do I Write?

PROMPT: Why I Write

I write as a way of expressing myself. I've never been good with saying things out loud and so I write to formulate a clear thought. I write to process things and to figure my life out. Life is confusing, but when given time to write down what's going through my head, everything starts making a little bit of sense. I write to keep myself sane.

Seeking Peer Reviews

2016 05 06 19.42.46

The Town of Dreary

I really like this piece and think that it would make a good novel. I would just encourage you to keep writing!

2016 05 06 19.42.46
Competitor

ImpossibleGirlo1 (United States) earned a badge Competitor

Battle of the Mind

I don't feel happy.
I know, but--
I guess.
So you'll do it?
I guess.
Here goes nothin' then.

A half-hearted smile breaks across my face as I once again enter the small brick building that's been home away from home for so long. Here I feel safe. I guess that's why I always come so close to letting people seeing the weak side of me when I'm here. All around are familiar faces, smiling as they greet each other and mull about before the morning service starts. In my hand is a cup of coffee, the warmth providing a small comfort to me as I try...

False Hope

It wasn't the easiest life, it wasn't the happiest life, it wasn't even the best life, but it was mine. It was the life I was born into, and there wasn't anything I could've done to change the circumstances. I was fairly unhappy with what happened, but there wasn't anyway I could go back to fix it, so instead I lived with It. And oh how exhausting that was. Always trying to push through It, to be strong for those around me, the constant lies, not only to others, but to myself. But probably the worst of It was the constant turmoil and utter torture of having that in the back of my mind, ready to pounce whenever It felt like it.
    I tried to cope with It. I threw myself into my work and into social activities, anything to take my mind off It for as long as possible. My efforts were never enough, though. The...

Escape

Shaking. I've been reduced to shaking. Uncontrollable shaking. I'm getting worse. It's always there in my head, so when I rhead something as simple as an email, it sets me off on some sort of anxiety attack. I zone out, I don't talk, I shake all over. It scares me. It scares me that I shut down and revert into the dark past within me when I hear his name. I'm trapped in the past, in the fear and despite my attempts to let go, to forget, to move on, it won't release it's grasp on my mind.

How ironic. This memory has a strong, violent grasp on my mind just like...

Make it go away! Make it go away! That's all I can think about! I feel trapped, alone, and scared and I want out!

For two years I have struggled with this, but it's never been so frequent. The last few weeks have been nothing but flashbacks, reminders,...

Fear

Fear has taken hold of me once again. I'm paralyzed, because I was caught off guard and am unable to recover. I have feared something like this, had nightmares about this for two years. I have had panic attacks when I thought it would happen and ended up worked up for nothing.

Now it's going to happen and I'm scared. I still have a lot to work through, but in two weeks my time will be up and I'll have to face what I've feared most for two years. I don't think I can do it. Not without a friend to stand by my side, and give me a hug when it's...

Why I Write

Why Do I Write?

Fate

“You mean you literally held the fate of all humankind in your hands, and you dropped it?!”
“Yeah. It’s not as bad as it sounds,” she replied shrugging her shoulders and staring at the ground.
    “You’re kidding, right?”
    “No. I’m trying to make myself feel better and stay optimistic.”
    I groaned, frustration building up, and hopelessness on the forefront of my mind. I glanced at Rae, who looked injured and extremely guilty. A small pang of compassion wandered into my heart, but I quickly shoved it away, realizing that something had to be done fast. I racked my brain for ideas, but as always, when it’s important nothing came to mind.
    “Where did you say you were when you dropped it?”
    “I was standing over a huge canyon.”
    “And where was this canyon?”
    “I don’t know.”
    “Brilliant!” I threw my hands up in the air at my wit’s end. “You have finally...

Change of Mind

Jade sat down on her bed and opened up her laptop to glance at her several unread emails. In the corner of the screen she saw her chat history, and her father's profile pic caught her attention. He was online. Hesitantly she clicked on it and reread the one sided conversation that had taken place several months ago. An unfamiliar pang of longing shot through her heart and left her confused. She hadn't felt like this regarding him in over two years. She almost hoped he would send her a message right now, but why she didn't know. For two years she had dreaded the moments when he messaged her. Her face would get hot, and her heart would race while she tried to find something to say to him. The only things that ever came to mind were terrible flashbacks, so she would close the tab and forget about it. But not this time. This time she...

7 Cubed

Apprentice

Molded clay sat idly on the table next to the sorcerer as he fingered the silver ring on his finger. I stared at him, his eyes seemingly empty as he concentrated on the situation at hand, calmly trying to figure out a solution. At long last he stood up and walked briskly to the center of the room. His head jerked up suddenly and a ring of fire conjured up from the ground around him. I jumped back in surprise as strange symbols appeared on my floor in front of me, and stared at the sorcerer in bewilderment.
    "What is this?" 
    He simply replied, "Your training begins now."

Mafia

A bell rang in the distance calling for a town meeting. Phaedra looked up from her book as her brother passed by, grabbing his coat off the back of the couch. Setting down her book, Phaedra fetched her scarf from the hall closet and followed Dean to the town square. Several other people had already gathered and Mayor Gordon stood in the center of the square trying to get everyone's attention. 
    "People, please take a seat and listen to what I have to say; it will affect all of you." A few more minutes followed and people filed in, taking a seat and simmering down. "Now, as you all know there have been strange things happening around here. I have decided that from now on we will meet here in the mornings to discuss these events in an attempt to find the person responsible."
    "Excuse me, Mayor Gordon! Do you think that the culprit...

Closure

She stopped at the grave, flowers in hand, but she couldn't force herself to do it. "I'm not forgiving you, not even in death," she whispered. Dropping the flowers at her feet, her vision blurred as hot tears came to her eyes, and began to slide down her cheeks. "You made me fear one of the most beautiful things in the world. No child should have to go through what I went through. All those nights I laid awake, terrified, crying myself to sleep; I was trapped in my own mind. I wanted so badly to forget it all, to move on, but things like that tend to scar a person. That day haunted me and still does." She tilted her head back to face the sky and swallowed a sob before looking back at the name carved in the stone in front of her. "You know all those years I missed you. The old you. The you that I...

Vengeance

The rain was warm and heavy, falling slowly as he walked the streets. The sky was dark and only a few street lamps lit up the cobblestone avenue. Cars drove through puddles, splashing water on his long overcoat, but nothing phased him from his distracted walk.
    Vengeance glimmered in his eyes as he approached the bench where he had last seen her. Her smiling face materialized and seemed to brighten the entire street. He sat down next to her, his heart twisting in agony. She stood up and began crossing the street, not aware of the approaching vehicle. A thud rang through the air, and her body lay prostrate in the street, the driver continuing on his way. People, strangers, crowded around her, and sirens were heard in the distance. A gurney was lifted into the ambulance with her frail form laying unconsciously on it. A scream escaped his lips as he placed his head in his hands, giving vent...

Monologue Draft

It all started with a single announcement. The few words, “I’m divorcing your mom” instigated the falling of my world as I knew it. I had seen it coming, but the actual reality of it burdened my heart more than the thought that it could be true. Those words broke my heart, it broke my family, and it brought me to reality.
I remember seeing the faces of several members of my church, who were also anguished for all of us, and I saw the tears we all cried. My mother looked heartbroken across the room, and my heart reached out to her, knowing this wasn’t easy on any of us, especially her. The anguish and the heartbreak stayed with me for weeks, months. When repair was finally easing its way into my heart, it was shattered again.
    The day was a warm October Saturday, and it was going quite nicely until we returned home. I smiled as I stepped...

Monologue Draft

It all started with a single announcement. The few words, “I’m divorcing your mom” instigated the falling of my world as I knew it. I had seen it coming, but the actual reality of it burdened my heart more than the thought that it could be true. Tears filled my eyes at the remembrance of the event. I fought to keep them there, but the tugging at my heart won over and tears fell as I saw my sister and brother’s world fall apart in that same moment.
    I longed for the hugs that were offered in that moment, and all the support that was present.I saw the faces of several members of my church, who were also anguished for all of us. My mother looked heartbroken across the room, and my heart reached out to her, knowing this wasn’t easy on any of us, especially her. The anguish and the heartbreak stayed with me for weeks, months. When...

Backstory

A sharp object clattered to the floor as my mom knocked over her cup, walking in the house after our trip to the park. I quickly began picking up the broken shards of glass, but she stopped me with her soft voice. I looked up at her and saw her face filled with hurt. I was confused. A lot had happened today, and I didn't know what to make of any of it. 
    "Just leave it be, Jade I'll pick it up. Do you want to see if you can hang out with Amelia tonight?"
    "How come?" I asked standing up. 
    "I just need some time is all, and you two haven't hung out in awhile."
    "I can leave you alone."
    "Do you not want to go?"
    "I don't know," I said shrugging my shoulders and looking distractedly at the floor. There was a reason we...

Small Fire

“Small fire! I said to start a small fire! This is not small!”

“Hey sorry, Andy. You know I just set this pile of leaves on fire, and then it spread to the grass and I thought it was kinda cool so instead of stopping it I just watched it grow, and then the cabin caught on fire, and I was in absolute awe! It was so cool. You should’ve seen it.”

“Derek! You set the entire forest on fire! We’re going to die here! Why didn’t you use the fire pit?!”

“Oh that’s what that hole in the ground is. Yeah I didn’t know that existed here. Oh man! Look at that bear! It must’ve told a lie, because it’s pants are on fire.”

“Derek! What have you done?! I’m going to find a ranger, and get out of here!”

“No Andy! Don’t go! I want to watch the forest fall with you! At least one more animal, and...

Puppet

"How long have you been standing there?"
    "Longer than you'd like," Maxwell said pushing himself off the door frame.
    "What did you hear?"
    "Oh I heard plenty. I've heard enough to either have you submit to my will, or to have you disposed of immediately."
    "You wouldn't!" Fear gripped my heart, and I jumped to my feet rushing at him. "Why? you've always had it out for me."
    "I wouldn't say always," he said, his words drawn out as he walked toward the piano. "You know, Alexandra, I actually used to like you, but then you ruined my life."
    "How? How on earth did I ruin your life? If anything you ruined mine."
    He seemed to suppress his rage as he hissed through clenched teeth, "That's a story for another time."
    I stared at him bewildered. Here he stood making accusations about ruining his life, and he wouldn't give a reason why. Who did he think he was? Turning to...

Rodeo Star Part 5

I watched Joy weave her way in between tables, refilling coffee for various customers and clearing off tables. I wondered at how a mother could keep such a legend from someone for so long. I thought back to the accident that was all over the news for weeks, and was talked about in rodeos for years. The greatest barrel racer in the nation died in such a tragic way. I was just a toddler then.
I was in fifth grade when I first learned about the great star and my future role model. We were assigned someone to research, and the more I learned about him the more I wanted to be just like him. He was the reason I joined the rodeo.
He has a great daughter, I thought to myself watching her wipe down a table that had just become vacant of its customers. I finished eating, took a last sip of ginger ale, dropped a tip, and...

Illumination

The Most Beautiful Girl I Know

Her golden blonde hair blew in the wind, reflecting her free spirit, and her smile lit up her face with a love and passion only attainable for someone who had taken risks and lived life to the very fullest. Her musical laughter filled my heart with more love and joy than I'd felt in a long time, and I found her laughter contagious as my own face lit up with a smile just because she was there.

The Things They Carried

Weight of the Past

The voices grew louder as I sat alone in the dark, empty cabin. I screamed trying to drown out the noise of their incessant whispering, and their constant blame.It's all your fault,they whispered as I pulled at my hair.You could've prevented it, but you were too late,they derided as I fell on my knees to the wooden floor stained with blood.
Images filled my head. Images of the warning note I know held crumpled in my fist. Images of their lifeless bodies laying in pools of blood, and the murderer getting away. Images of chasing him for twenty minutes before being forced to stop by utter exhaustion and grief. Images of returning to the house and holding them close, tears falling on their cold faces.
You didn't do enough. They could've been saved.
I curled up in a ball on the floor, my body convulsing with my grief stricken sobs. I looked at the note that...

Illumination

The Most Beautiful Girl I Know

Her golden blonde hair blew in the wind, reflecting her free spirit, and her smile lit up her face with a love and passion only attainable for someone who had taken risks and lived life to the very fullest. He musical laughter filled my heart with more love and joy than I'd felt in a long time, and I found her laughter contagious as my own face lit up with a smile just because she was there.

Rodeo Star Part 4

Ajax continued to heal for the next few weeks. The bone was in one piece after two and a half weeks, but it took an additional week for his leg to be rehabilitated completely. Most of that week was spent strengthening his leg by walking him around a pen for a long duration once or twice a day. At the beginning of the week, Ajax was only able to endure ten minutes on his feet at a time, but now we’d see him out in the pasture for an hour or more on his feet before he had to lay down.
    “You’ll probably be able to get him back to his old routines next eek,” Dr. Harp told me as he climbed into his truck.
    “I hope I’ll be ready to ride next week.”
    “You goin’ to see the doc soon?”
    “Yeah, I’m goin’ later today.”
    “I hope it will be the last trip you...

Rodeo Star Part 3

A week passed before I was out of a wheelchair and back on my own two feet. My leg was weak, and I wobbled the first time I attempted to stand up, but it felt good to not be dependent on anyone else to get around. The first hour of freedom I spent eating at a local cafe that I loved.
    “He David. Good to see you back. Long time no see,” a familiar voice greeted me as I walked in the front door.
    “Good to see you too, Mindy.” I flashed a smile as I took a seat at the counter top.
    “How ya feelin’?”
    “I’m doin’ much better, thanks. It feels good to be up and walkin’ again.”
    “Oh I don’t doubt it. Your leg healed up pretty quick, huh?”
    “It was a small break. It was my collarbone that got really beat up.”
    “I was expectin’ worse with your leg...

Rodeo Star

The rodeo was packed with fans, and their cheering drowned out the noise of my irregular heartbeat. I was expectin' my heart to leap from my chest any moment now, after all I had expectations to live up to. Ma and Pa had finally made the long drive from Minnesota to Texas, and now was my chance to prove that I had done somethin' with my life.  
The booming voice of the announcer boomed above me, bringin' me back to the rodeo world. I jumped up and down and shook my head. Let it go. You'll do fine, I told myself. At the sound of my name over the loudspeaker, I climbed over the high fence, and got comfortable in the saddle of my chestnut quarter horse. The crowd counted down as I stared at the barrels before me.
“Don’t let me down, Ajax. I got a lot ridin’ on this.” I took in a deep breath and slowly...

Rodeo Star Part 2

I stood shocked, staring at the tv screen in the small cafe. The camera crew replayed the event in slow motion, and again I saw the horse slip, and the rider get crushed by the massive creature. I mindlessly rubbed a rag against the counter top as I continued to stare at the screen. Putting myself in his shoes, I winced at the thought of such great pain.
    “Joy! Are you okay?”
    “Yes, sorry Mindy. I’ll get back to work.”
    “Well you were workin’, you had just been cleaning the same spot on the counter for at least five minutes now,” my employer laughed. I smiled in response and got back to refilling coffees around the small quaint cafe.
    I looked around watchin’ the customers stare at the screen with equal amazement to my own. The cafe was small, but cozy with sturdy and rustic lookin’ wooden walls. The decorations and decent lighting added to...

The Things They Carried

Weight of the Past

Casandra walked through the park one Sunday after church contemplating what the pastor had said about handling loss. It reflected well what she was feeling. It had only been a month after her dad had left, but it still felt like it was yesterday and that made it hard to see him. Every other weekend he would pick her and her sister Emily up and they would spend the day together. 
    Casandra sat on the swing and lazily kicked her legs back and forth as she looked around the empty park. Memories floated to her mind as she looked at the basketball hoop, the volleyball court, and the bike trail. Her father had always been an active person, and it was always more fun to be outdoors when he challenged her to something. At the thought of this, a feeling of loneliness gripped her heart and squeezed a small tear from her eyes. She quickly brushed it aside...

Rodeo Star

Let Your Light Shine

Another day at school was another day of pure torture. I was different than most kids. No one ever invited me into anything of theirs, never let me participate in their groups, and wouldn’t ever approach “a nerdy geek”. I wanted to think the best of them, but it certainly wasn’t easy when I was the main target of their nasty insults and in the cafeteria’s weekly food fights. Today my blouse was covered in cheese stains and chocolate milk. The usually beautiful auburn of my hair was stained white and orange. As much as I wanted to persevere and do my best, I didn’t know how much longer I could hold out.
    It was the quiet of the evening that almost allowed me to forget the misery of the day. Up ahead, a pleasant sight greeted me. The porch lights were on, Grandma sat in her rocking chair, while Mum sipped a cup of tea. As I addressed...

All Talk

Bickering

Once upon a time...

Why? Just why?

Why what?

Why would you start a story like that? The audience is already asleep.

How do you know?

Because, I was asleep, but it bothered me so much, I woke up.

Ouch.

Sorry, but honestly you're beginnings stink. They stink worse that a mud pin in July.

Well, smarty pants. How should I start it?

Personally I would start it like this...wait what is the story about?

You should know. You can read my innermost thoughts.

Well all I'm getting is deep thoughts about barbecue ribs and corn on the cob. You're hungry aren't you?

Very. And I smell someone grilling a block away.

Get your head out of the heard, and tell me about the story. Don't tell the story, just tell me the plot.

Well it's about a young rodeo star, and he meets a buckle bunny. They fall in love, but the buckle bunny's mom doesn't want nothin' to do with...

The Things They Carried

Weight of the Past

Casandra walked through the park one Sunday after church contemplating what the pastor had said about handling loss. It fit in well with what she was feeling. It had only been a month after her dad had left, but it still felt like it was yesterday and that made it hard to see him. Every other weekend, though, he would pick her and her sister Emily up and they would spend the day together. 
    Casandra sat on the swing and lazily kicked her legs back and forth as she looked around the empty park. Memories floated to her mind as she looked at the basketball hoop, the volleyball court, and the bike trail. Her father had always been an active person, and it was always more fun to be outdoors when he challenged her to something. At the thought of this, a feeling of loneliness gripped her heart and squeezed a small tear from her eyes. She quickly...

ImpossibleGirlo1's 9 Likes

Never the Last by Nika

Published almost 2 years ago

Never the Last by Nika

Published almost 2 years ago

Never the Last by Nika

Published almost 2 years ago

Never the Last by Nika

Published almost 2 years ago

Never the Last by Nika

Published almost 2 years ago

A Change of Heart Too Many by Namarie.H.G

Published about 2 years ago

a forgotten sun. by sKRUwriting

Published about 2 years ago

The Cherry Trees by Nika

Published about 2 years ago

A Tale of Two Treasures by Nika

Published about 2 years ago

5 Likes from Others

Battle of the Mind

Liked by 1 person

Fate

Liked by 1 person

Why Do I Write?

Liked by 1 person

The Most Beautiful Girl I Know

Liked by 1 person

Rodeo Star

Liked by 1 person

Good neighbor

We like your photo and your biography.

Earned about 2 years ago

Pro reviewer

You've now submitted over five reviews!

Earned about 2 years ago

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned about 2 years ago

Follower

You're following over five other writers.

Earned almost 2 years ago

Leader

You're being followed by over five other writers!

Earned almost 2 years ago

Power writer

Do you ever sleep? You've written over TEN THOUSAND WORDS.

Earned about 2 years ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned about 2 years ago

Prolific

You really are prolific - you've published over ten pieces already.

Earned almost 2 years ago

Favoriter

Love your work - you've read and favorited over ten pieces published by others

Earned almost 2 years ago

Reviewer

You've reviewed!

Earned about 2 years ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned over 1 year ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.