rwong

est. 9/19/2020

write like you're running out of time

"never dim the light that shines from within." - maya angelou
"never fear the shadows, they simply mean there's a light somewhere nearby." - winnie the pooh
"aren't we all waiting to be read by someone, praying that they'll tell us that we make sense?" - rudy francisco

Peer Reviews

mπακλαβάς

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2021

overall, this is a piece calling for one to embrace their heritage in a world with pressure to assimilate, intertwined with nostalgic imagery and events from your own life, and i'm obsessed! please please please remember all my comments are suggestions, so don't feel obligated to apply them!!! this is strong as is and i love this so much. oh, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! i tend to ramble a bit in my suggestions, and it's a bit late at night, so my brain might not be functioning at its best right now! wishing you the best of luck in the competition!!

5 months

what the biggest eyes of vision see

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition: 2021

super well written!! please please please know that all my comments are purely suggestional so don't feel obligated to apply them! i hope this review is helpful to you! oh and i think i prefer the one i reviewed more than the one in the footnotes because it feels more natural and flow-y, matching the tone you have throughout? but of course, it's your decision so these are just my thoughts. best of luck, rwong <3 <3

5 months

Refrains To My Past Selves

dear SunV, this is a work of art and is almost nostalgic to me, in a way, like you really allow the reader to step into your shoes. please please please remember all my comments are purely suggestions so don't feel obligated to apply them!! it's such an honor reading your work because you're truly so talented. i hope my comments help! wishing you all the best, rwong <3 <3

6 months

round silver dreams

i really really hope this review will be able to help you, ness!! btw welcome back to wtw, i've missed you and it's been a while since we've talked. how have you been? oh and please please please remember that all my comments are purely suggestions so please don't feel obligated to apply them!! if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out! wishing you all the best, shell <3 <3 <3

6 months

Dangers From the Deep || Teaser Trailer

this is a really phenomenal trailer piece!! it's really impressive and i can't wait to see what will come next! please know that my comments are purely suggestional so please don't feel obligated to use all, if any, or them!! wishing you the best of luck as you continue this story, and i hope this review is helpful to you!

6 months

Things A Map Won't Show You - Stories from Australia and Beyond

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2021

hi ness!! please know that my comments are completely suggestional and please don't feel obligated to use them!! wishing you the best of luck in the competition—you got this!! <3 <3 <3

9 months

Jupiter (Looking for peer reviews)

this was such a beautiful piece!! i really really loved it. please know that my comments are purely suggestional, so don't feel obligated to use them all (or any at all!) anyway i hope you're doing well -- happy holidays! <3 <3 p.s. write like you're running out of time!! - hamilton, and yes i'm aware i missed the "why do you" part cause then it ruins it XD

9 months

The Art of Capture (big news in message board!)

overall, i really liked this poem!! if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me -- i have a strange tendency to have feedback but it doesn't come out quite the way i thought of it/ it just doesn't make sense in general XD. my comments are purely suggestional, so please don't feel obligated to apply them!! wishing you the best of luck in your Scholastics competition <3 <3 i hope this helps

9 months

Relationships End

PROMPT: Creative Nonfiction Competition 2020

please know that all my comments are suggestional, so don't feel like you have to use them! i really hope this was helpful. drop a comment on one of my pieces if you have any questions—don't hesitate to ask! wishing you the best of luck!! :) <3

10 months

Street View

PROMPT: Heart Places

well written, beautiful piece! my comments are just suggestions—don't feel obligated to take them! good job!!

11 months

From The Diary Of... (4)

this is good!! feel free to ignore any of my comments they're just suggestions ;D keep writing!! <3

11 months

The Year is 2020

PROMPT: Speechwriting Competition 2020

THIS IS SO AMAZING (okay i've written that way too many times lol) would you mind reviewing mine? (Not Just Good)

12 months