BlueWolf476

Never Enough My Darling.

Voices. Screeching. Echoing. Poisoning. 

My darling you are never, will never be good enough. Never acceptable enough to prosper. Not victorious enough to win. You don't possess the talent to be a star. You will never shine bright my darling. You aren't enough. You can't even be a kind person my darling. Accept your fate in Satan's grasp. You can't ever be more than evil my darling. You are nothing. An insignificant ant on under the sole of my shoe my darling. The world will ignore and forget you my darling.

My mind is a cacophony of deplorable truths. The facts smother me in self hate. It is a weed taking root in my darkest corners. Gracefully sitting on its throne of my self doubt. Its grey thorns dripping with poisonous words. Toxic. I am submerged in the facts I can't change, the reality I live in. Drowning in the symphony of soul shattering sound. It licks its ruby lips,...

The Prize

They are odd people. Wearing smiles like jewelry, teeth shining like gems. I was met with eyes shrouded in shadows that twinkled with the wisdom of the universe. Politeness was foreign to me. I needed theirs to survive. I clung to the civil words and concerned looks like a child to soft toy.

Lying in a room of gold, I felt honour bestow itself upon me. I had won. I was to receive the prize everybody craved. I am now the picture of victory. I had conquered the last of the trials. My skin still aching after coming straight from the loyalty trial. After the long years of waiting of seeing the elated winners enter the tent I was grinning like a madman. 

Someone handed me a golden glass filled with a transparent substance. They gently coaxed it to my swollen lips. I swallowed. As I sipped, I felt the liquid blaze down my throat, leaching in to my bloodstream....

The Prize

Lying in a room of gold. I felt honour bestow itself upon me. I had won. I was to receive the prize everybody craved. I am now the picture of victory. I had conquered the last of the trials. My skin still aching after coming straight from the loyalty trial. After the long years of waiting of seeing the elated winners enter the tent I was grinning like a madman. 

Someone handed me a golden glass filled with a transparent substance. They gently coaxed it to my swollen lips. I swallowed. As I sipped, I felt the liquid blaze down my throat. Leaching in to my bloodstream....

Never Enough My Darling.

Voices. Screeching. Echoing. Poisoning. 

The Prize

The Prize

They are odd people. Wearing smiles like jewelry, teeth shining like gems. I was met with kind eyes that twinkled with the wisdom of the universe. The politeness was a foreign thing I needed it to survive. I clung to the civil words and concerned looks like a child to soft toy.

Someone handed me a golden glass filled with a transparent substance. They gently coaxed it to my swollen lips. I swallowed. As I sipped I felt the liquid blaze like fire down my throat. Leaching in to my bloodstream. They sat grinning. I saw the smiles for what they were. Deranged, evil filled with poison. The liquid haltingly drained my life force. I felt each organ succumb to the polluting liquid. Blood spurted out of my gaping mouth. Blood splattered onto their polished shoes. My life force was being drained out drip by drip like water out of a bath. They crowded around me and chanted in unison,...

The Monster of Perfection

It coils around me
compressing my lungs
My chest constricts
Pain

breathe?

My hands shake uncontrollably
It controls my shaking fingers
They spasm faster than the speed of light
Pain

breathe?

My head burns with anguish
Wisdom infuses with woe
It encloses my brain in a black barred cage
Pain

breathe?

It is dismissed by others
Shoved under the rug
It resides in me hidden well
Pain

breathe?

I must perform
Under the influence of this creature
I must be the best

I come up for air

The Prize

Judgement Day

Whispers. Weaving, wailing in the seats
The entitled ones taunt,
Brewing, their toxic
Behind the courteous smiles
Innocent wide eyes twinkling
The auditorium
Full of flawless figures
Shifting into the shadows
A source of nightmares

While he stiffly stands
On the wide wicked stage
He stares squinting into the harsh light
Bravely, breathing shallow breaths
Sweating instead of crying
Hands wrapped around a microphone
The way the noose would soon wrap around his neck
Judgement day had arrived

My Little Box

My glass Box had finally arrived. My breath fogged, smugging the clear and perfect surface. My little, little box. I ran my fingers over it's rectangular exterior. I breathed in the scent of crisp, cold glass. It was exactly as they had described. I grasped my dog eared handbook filled with highlights and Post-it notes. It was time to begin the steps to confirm my rebel spirit. But I had to think about my fatal decision. I circled it, I paced, I chatted to it. It sat still and cold on my brightly coloured carpet.

My little box, would help me fit in with my former friends. Sophisticated, frosted and cool. I could finally be a part of the world that had for so long left me an outcast. I would finally understand the call of social media. Why I have to be hypnotized by the black and lifeless screen lulling my mind to death by swiping in a black...

Celebrations of the night

Spiralling whirlwind of wonders
Parading in the night
The shadows shake and swing
Waltzing with the stars
Dipping and dancing in never ending flight
The moon and comet sings it's duet
Their voices boom and thunder
Oh what wonder

Roses lift up their petals, slip on their dancing shoes
Ready to twirl the night away.
Rain droplets tumble through the air, twirling and twisting
The snow dances swan lake
Tiptoeing silently onto the stage performing their ballet
The trees sway, flirting with the wind
The river was never without a muse
Oh what wonder

The night party swells, never a yawn
Soon to fade come morning light
As the sun pierces the landscape
Everything fades into her shadow
As she takes the spotlight
They are waiting till tomorrow to begin
Their dance till dawn.
Oh what wonder

Blue.

Blue calls me to his darkening depths,
I drown in the waves of the ocean.
I shout, shriek and scream, Blue stares back.
Blue never ceases his attack.
Resenting Blue.

I sink into Blue’s silent depths,
Try to thrash, to swim to the world,
Blue is endless I keep falling.
Far from freedom, it’s appalling.
Resisting Blue.

My body overtaken by Blue.
Air shall never again enter.
I can’t be saved, I surrender.
Can’t ever see the world’s splendour.
Swallowed by Blue!

My Little Box

My glass Box had finally arrived. My breath fogged, smugging the clear and perfect surface. My little, little box. I ran my fingers over it's rectangular exterior. I breathed in the sent of crisp, cold glass. It was exactly as they had described. I grasped my dog eared handbook filled with highlights and post it notes. It was time to begin the steps to confirm my rebel spirit. But I had to think about my fatal decision. I circled it, I paced, I chatted to it. It sat still and cold on my brightly coloured carpet.

My little box, would help me fit in with my former friends. Sophisticated, frosted and cool. I could finally be a part of the world that had for so long left me an outcast. I would finally understand the call of social media. Why I have to be hypnotized by the black and lifeless screen lulling my mind to death by swiping in a...

Beyond Reason

Is the World Worth Realising?

(i)
Who embraces the angels?
Do mountains wish to touch the moon?
Did the sea mimic the sky
to conceal its true self?
Will rivers stop reflecting
when nothing's worth remembering?

(ii)
Does the water feel
the swimmer's heartbeat stop?
Who keeps the lighthouse company
as it stares across the shore?
Do the flowers fear
the ground when they fall?
Will the sunlight ever peirce
the depths of the ocean?

My colouring book

I am a smiling face
Black and white
Drawn by a steady hand
Waiting with fright

Crayons pierce my pages
I breath in the light
My face bright blue
I prepare to take flight

I burst from the pages
The child shrieks with delight
Wild and free
Till the child says good night

Dust Jacket

ALL IN A NAME

I go by many names.
I was called my first name because my dad liked it.
I was called my middle name after somebody I have not met.
But I am me.
Just me.
I am Here
Because I spoke out of turn.
I am Herica
Because I made a joke.
I am Hover girl
Because I was different.
I am Rachess
Because I am not perfect.
I am bear
Because I growl.
But I am me
Just me.

Am I next?

He stared down at the ocean waves hundreds of feet below the oil rig platform. Waiting. Waiting for his thoughts to calm. For the waves to drown out his feelings. He felt it stir within him like a tiger waking from its slumber. A clink sounded harsh in the calm surroundings. The tiger curled its body and closed its eyes. Sleeping once more. He blinked, sourcing the sound. His eyes following the sparkle of her hair clips as she stared. As she gazed into the air. Into the crashing waves. Into... time seemed to crawl by as her feet stepped of the platform. Screams pierced his ears as she fell tumbling through the air. The wind caressed her hair, the sea enveloped her body cradling her gently as her head disappeared below the water. Her hair clips floated on the surface taunting him. He gulped in air as he fell to the ground like he had been shot. He crawled...

Am I next?

He stared down at the ocean waves hundreds of feet below the oil rig platform. Waiting. Waiting for his thoughts to calm. For the waves to drown out his feelings. He felt it stir within him like a tiger walking from its slumber. A clink sounded harsh in the calm surroundings. The tiger curled its body and closed its eyes sleeping once more. He blinked, his eyes sourcing the sound. Eyes following the sparkle of her hair clips as she looked. As she gazed into the air. Into the crashing waves. Into... time seemed to crawl by as her feet stepped of the platform. Screams pierced the air as she fell tumbling through the air. The wind caressed her hair, the sea enveloped her body cradling her gently as her head disappeared below the water. Her hair clips floated on the surface taunting him. He gulped in air as he fell to the ground like he had been shot. He...

Inventory

Clarice Hogan

- A photo of a young blonde haired boy. He is smiling goofily clutching a blue bear.
- An unloaded pistol without any bullets but covered in blood
- A lighter with a lion imprinted on the side
- A driver's license with the name and photo of Cedric Anderson
- A broken swiss army knife
- A walkie talkie that replays only one message over and over
- Sunglasses to hide her glowing green eyes
- High heels, so that her prey know that their death is near.
- An english dictionary
- A mirror shard

The Unseen

Fear.

A cage imprisons my soul
It is always in control
Stalking any action
Paralyzed by its presence

Bravery flees at it's whisper
It strikes with an iron fist
Flinching, I cease to exist

I cower, hide and fly
I must always comply

Never escaping it's cruel nature
It resides in the shadows
The darkness under the bed
In my dreams it follows me
I can't ever rest my head

I am never left alone
I cry and moan
Ready to devour it watches
Watches till I fall

The Eyes that See My Soul

I sit looking out the grains of sand sliding through my fingers. Unseeing eyes pierce my brain. Haunting, glaring, emerald eyes embed themselves into my brain worming their way into my mind. Sea spray splashes onto my face but I am numb to the landscape. I sway in the wind. Her eyes are ever intertwined with my heart.

She knows. My stomach twists into knots as her eyes narrow in disgust. I wish I could look away from her distaste. Her eyes stare into my heart deadly and cold. I whisper into the air my pleads. But she knows I lie. She always knows.

I gasp as her eyes fade. Never blinking. I feel my soul shatter when her eyes disappear.

I mask my deed to come with the hope that it will not be in vain. But I feel hopeless, my sobs coming out in waterfalls. She must be silenced. My secret can't be leaked.

Beyond Reason

Is the World Worth Realising?

(i)
Who embraces the angels?
Do mountains wish to touch the moon?
Did the sea mimic the sky
to conceal its true self?
Will rivers stop reflecting
when nothing's worth remembering?

(ii)
Does the water feel
the swimmer's heartbeat stop?
Who keeps the lighthouse company
as it stares across the shore?
Do the flowers fear
the ground when they fall?
Will the sunlight ever peirce
the depths of the ocean?

Beyond Reason

Is the World Worth Realising?

(i)
Who embraces the angels?
Do mountains wish to touch the moon?
Did the sea mimic the sky
to conceal its true self?
Will rivers stop reflecting
when nothing's worth remembering?

(ii)
Does the water feel
the swimmer's heartbeat stop?
Who keeps the lighthouse company
as it stares across the shore?
Do the flowers fear
the ground when they fall?
Will the clouds be the world's
coffin if it collapses?