musicmaker

Christian/writer (obviously)/musician/
homeschooler/flibbertigibbet/sarcastic/
mischievous/talkative/all lives matter

Hey y'all! So glad to be a part of this community! If you ever want me to review your writing, shoot me a comment and I'll see what I can do!

Peer Reviews

Haven or Dream?

Great work! I'm definitely following you!

about 2 months

In Which Les the Possum, Timothy Legonawy, and Trini Abasolo Abel are Caught in an Attic

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2020

Also, no. You are not the only one who researches for their stories. I even look up the meanings of peoples names for my books!

4 months

In the Colosseum She Stands

So, so, SO good! Keep going!

unknown

Building Trust

PROMPT: The Fight for Justice

Most people come at this with a bias, it's just human nature. I'm coming at this with a bias towards being pro-police. That said, I think that your perspective on police is a bit dark. You talk about stereotyping Black people but at the same time, you stereotyped police. Yes the police may use too much force on occasion. Yes, they may sometimes get away with things. Yes, some officers are corrupt. No, not all officers are but it's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil. The few officers ruin the reputation of the rest as do a few blacks. I think you should clarify that being anti-racism does NOT make you anti-police and being pro-police does NOT make you be pro-racism. I understand that you are trying to bring people together but you need to try to bring EVERYONE together. Black, white, police, and everyone else. You said you are trying to be neutral but your writing indicates a bias towards BLM and against police. Not saying that fighting for black lives isn't wonderful, it most certainly is. But you can't give one side and not the other. Again, I hope you take this in the spirit it was intended. I'm not judging you on your fight for justice but rather pointing out where some justice is missing.

4 months

Gríma (a.k.a) Wormtongue's Falsehoods

Very good! Your formatting and spelling is great!

4 months

Speak: Prologue

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2020

Writing in third person (He, she, it) is much harder for building characters. Maybe experiment with converting this to first person (I, me, we). It's much easier to show internal conflict and the character's thoughts toward other people. Either way would be great!

4 months

Prefect Essay (Edited!) (Please comment)

Very good points! Hope you get accepted!

4 months

Elohim God on high, have You heard Your people cry?

Hope all this helps! Great work!

6 months

#myrose My Great Grandparents Love Story

Hope this all helps! Great work!

6 months

City of Bones

unknown

Smile

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2020

unknown