Jess C

15 - young writer enthusiast.

Hi, I'm 15 and hopefully just starting my writer career. I have always loved to write stories as well as read them.

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

That Night

Darkness. 

It starts to surround me as I attempt to take another shaking breath. Just breathe; in and out. Then my body surrenders, propelling me into obscurity. To fall onto a blanket of vulnerability. 

In the following days, my mind tries to repair - throw out the shattered pieces of that night and rebuild. But I can't forget. I never will. My eyes no longer see what is there but just replays it over and over and over, like a never-ending horror film. I need her by my side - but she isn't there. My sister. Gone.

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

That Night

Darkness. 

In the days following, my mind tries to repair - throw out the shattered pieces of that night and rebuild. But I can't forget. I never will. My eyes no longer see what is there but just replays it over and over and over, like a horror film that won't end. I need her by my side - but she isn't there. My sister. Gone.

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

That Night

Darkness. 

In the days following, my mind tries to repair - throw out the shattered pieces of that night and rebuild. But I can't forget. I never will. My eyes no longer see what is there but just replays it over and over and over, like a horror film that won't end. I long for her by my side - but she isn't there. My sister.