c.kem

just another perfectly imperfect member of society

Hello all, I'm just a young aspiring writer who would appreciate constructive criticism from anyone and everyone. Feel free to comment on anything that may have resonated with you personally. I will now continue replaying the same songs on the Hamilton soundtrack.

- bye bye now : )

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Magnificent Creatures

Heart pounding, the young girl ascended the abrasive rocks yearning to reach the top. Her fingers grasped the surface even as sea-spray compelled her to slip. Gripping the eroding outcrop, she heaved herself up. Now…she stood atop the world. Nevertheless, she couldn't help but admire the magnificent creatures beneath the ocean's surface. A gust of wind hoisted her skirt as she inched closer to the edge. Her urge to join the serenity developed. The girl lifted her arms and leapt fearlessly with a smile, striking the water, and allowing herself to swim amongst the creatures in their seafloor Shangri-La. 

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Magnificent Creatures

Heart pounding, the grey haired woman ascended the abrasive rocks yearning to reach the top. Her fingers grasped the surface even as sea-spray compelled her to slip. Gripping the eroding outcrop, she heaved herself up. Now…she stood atop the world. Nevertheless, she couldn't help but admire the young girl trapped beneath the ocean's surface. The sands of time fleeted as she Inched closer to the edge. Her urge to join the turbulence developed. There, the girl dared her to jump. Thus the woman leapt fearlessly, striking the water, and allowing herself to follow the damsel to her seafloor Shangri-La. 

She Who Ate The Fruit

The sunlight, though filtered by the foliage remained intense as it rested on the closed eyelids of the young girl. Birds chirped and the ground beneath seemed to hum as though the critters below were in celebration. Sensing the awakening of the forest, the frail girl opened her large eyes only to be blinded by the stream of light. Her pupils dilated as she took in the strange sight. The girl’s lip began to quiver. However, any thought of crying ceased as soon as she felt the legs of a forest critter on her stained skin. A scream was let out as she briskly brushed it off and leapt to her feet. The sounds of the forest ceased and the trees looked down on her as though annoyed by her commotion. The girl looked for clues that might explain how she’d gotten there, but no memories returned. Unsure of what to think, the young girl began to panic. At the...

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Magnificent Creatures

Heart pounding, the woman ascended the abrasive rocks yearning to reach the top. Her desire to be one with the water was immense, but the rocks were as close as she could ever get. Gripping the eroding outcrop, she heaved herself up. Now…she stood atop the world. Nevertheless, she couldn't help but admire the young girl trapped beneath the ocean's surface. Inching closer to the edge, her urge to join the turbulence developed. There, the girl dared her to jump. Thus she leapt fearlessly, striking the water, and allowing herself to follow the damsel to her seafloor Shangri-La. 

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Magnificent Creatures