snowywolfa

15
sophomore, hs
Dog/duck/guinea pig momma

I’m really bad at writing but sure why not expose my writing to the world. If you’re reading this, thank you for giving me time in your day! (:

Pfp is one of my doggos

Unspoken Apologies- Part 1?

It’s moments like these where I miss you most. We used to spend hours talking about random things, so much so that people thought you were a musician. We used to walk to every class together and discuss our hopes for the future, but all your plans led back to one thing; your brother. I think what made us such great friends was the fact that even thought we were opposites, we balanced each other out, and better yet, we had the same dream.

When that day came, I was so happy and the first thing I wanted to do was to hear that you had gotten the same news, but you didn’t say anything on the subject. The next day, I asked you if you had gotten the news, and you told me the truth in the most heartbreaking way. “Angel saw me cry for the first time yesterday.” Instantly, my joy had become guilt. I didn’t know what...

Numerous Narrators

Forest green, fire red *Content/Trigger Warning* (CW/TW)

Twins, born with a bond that stands the test of time. They shared deep forest green eyes and sandy brown freckles. Their hair was undoubtedly jet black, yet evidently brown. Seventeen years later, their family's past comes back to haunt them.

We sat in the deafening silence as the icy midnight air surrounded us. Her hand was still grasped on the car door handle, neither closing nor fully opening the door. Her eyes fell flat on the floor, her breathing was still heavy. I wanted more than anything to ask her what had happened. I wanted to ask about the cuts on her knee or the red marks left on her cheek. I wanted to ask how the best night of her life ended in her mascara running, but more than anything, I wanted to ask if she was okay even though I knew she wasn't. I had an endless list of questions, but I knew they were better off...

graveyard for promises

I wish that I wasn't sitting in the center of a cemetery, surrounded by all these lies, and broken promises. Gentle breezes sweep through the empty rows of tombstones. I sit in the center of it all. The world around me is loud, but everything has silenced in my head. I felt a sensation that I identified as a chill, but the cold was the last thing I felt. I raise to my feet, slowly walking through the rows. My eyes briefly stare at each of the monuments. 

"Be a good person."
"Make your life yours."
"Never lose yourself."
"Stay friends forever."
"Grow old, but never apart."
"Don't forget..."

"Leave yourself without doubts."

My fingers run across each engraving. They stop with the last tomb. "Leave yourself without doubts." 

A chill is sent down my spine, this time I felt the ice in my veins and the evident drop in temperature.
"It's time." a voice echoes. My eyes fall...

Friendship Tweet

K2ezams

Where I actually listen to the prompt:

Friendship is a lifeline for when everything seems to be crashing down. It is the relationship between two like-minded people who understand each other when no one else. 

Where I decide to be a rebel:

"You're such a weirdo."
"I love you too!" 

Friendship is the love between two people who truly understand each other. It is the love between you and someone else who will always be there for you, through thick and thin, night or day, anywhere, anytime, anyhow. It is the willingness to put someone else above yourself. It is the special bond where you hug in silence even in the middle of a fight because sometimes a hug fixes everything. Friendship is a seesaw; there are ups and there are downs, but when things get rough, you don't jump off the seesaw, because you know, and they know, you'll be coming up soon enough. Friendship is the one thing...

Friendship Tweet

K2ezams

Where I actually listen to the prompt:

Where I decide to be a rebel:

"You're such a weirdo."
"I love you too!" 

Friendship is the love between two people who truly understand each other. It is the love between you and someone who will always be there for you, through thick and thin, night or day, snow or rain. It is the willingness to put someone else above yourself. It is the bond where you hug in silence even in the middle of a fight because sometimes life is too much to handle. Friendship is the one thing you never take for granted, ever. 

Please, when you meet a genuine friend, pull them in, hold them tight, and never let go. Friends are like the sprinkles on cupcakes, you dont need them,...

Self-Love

Love in thyself

This might actually hurt me. I absolutely hate myself from my head to my toes, but let’s give this a shot. 

I love the type of person I am. I am the type of person who is shockingly mature despite my lack of seriousness. I am the type of person who understands how lucky I am to be living this life and is grateful for it. I am the type of person who hates getting gifts or rewards. I am the type of person that would work without pay. I am the type of person who hates being spoiled. I am the type of person who volunteers just because. I am the type of person who cares about others more than myself. I am the type of person who stays out of drama. I am the type of person that will stay true to myself despite insecurities. I am just a strange person, and I love that about myself. 

I...

Year by Year

...this is just bad

Year 1: A tidal wave had swept me away in a hurry. The dark void I was used to was no more; now I seemingly stared at a room filled with new faces. 

Year 2: Blurs of events, splotches of color, nothing is clear, but if the pictures I’ve seen are even partially true, someone got married, and I was beet red, tomato-faced through the entire ceremony. 

Year 3: Simply put, an entire language was shoved in my brain.

Year 4: Fifteen-year-old Pomeranian Happy passes away. Many chickens storm the yard. 

Year 5: My neighbors poodle-napped my poodle, but because of this, I met, and adopted my best friend. 

Year 6: Sharp, silver, slicing tool? Meltdown. I had an absolutely embarrassing meltdown, at the dentists, in the middle of the day, in the middle of the hall. 

Year 7: There could be an entire encyclopedia on the events of this year, but I’ll keep this short and simple. My sister...

CAN MY TEACHERS CHILL OUT FOR A SECOND

Can I just breathe for a second more. 
Can I just stop for a moment of peace. 
Can you hold on for a little while longer. 
Can you give me space to chill out please. 

Crying hasn’t done me any good. 
Crying won’t fix this mistake. 
Crying can’t bring back what I’ve lost. 
Crying didn’t save the day. 

Can I just let go of everything. 
Can I just run away from all the pain please. 
Can I just go back in time to correct the errors. 
Can I just have a break please. 

Crying isn’t doing me any good. 
Crying shouldn’t make me feel this way. 
Crying is the wrong choice here. 
Crying should relieve the pain. 

Cuando era una niña,
Cuando iba inteligente,
Chocolate was a delight, not a way to relieve the pain

c is all I see now
c is all I think about
c is the grade that won’t escape me
c is the thing that...

February Grab Bag

IM TOO EMOTIONAL FOR MY OWN GOOD

What do I miss? Simple; I miss the school that was white and blue, the bridge that stretched from the campus to my favorite place, the garden that constantly flourished, the teachers that made my day. I miss the first three consecutive rooms you see once you step off the bridge, I miss the smell of rubbing alcohol, I miss the constant random screams and the occasional tears that followed.

It may not have been the best place to grow up, but it never felt that way. Suddenly, when you get accepted into a prestigious, high-ranking school, everything changes. I lost friends, not intentionally, but that doesn’t change the fact that I did. I lost who I was because of this school; my personality did a full 180, again not intentional. I went from a social butterfly, to a face amongst the crowd, so what did I leave behind- everything. 

Dust Jacket

a name is just a name

• Were you named after someone?
  • Have you always been called a nickname?
  • Do you know anyone with the same name?
  • Does your name have historical significance?
  • Do you have any funny facts or stories about your name?
People call me Lani, New Zealand, and a whole list of other names. No, none of these are my real name, but they are all my nicknames. I’ve never come across anyone with the same name as me; I guess I’m just unique like that. In the same sense, I am not named after anyone. I would have probably hated my parents if I was- kidding, I love my parents.

My name is probably something you will never hear again. It’s not in any history books, not that I actually read books, and most definitely has never been used as a name before. In fact, my name, when directly translated, means purple orchid, bee; purple orchid being my first name and bee being...