Dragonfly

Germany

17
I love writing, singing, reading, crafting, drawing, hiking, cats, nature and a lot of other stuff.

I also am interested in almost all sciences

Peer Reviews

Animal Farm- the dystopian novel that will make you think for days!

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2021

I hope this makes sense (I fear I might have been inconsistent). Just tell me, if something I wrote does not make sense. Note that these are suggestions, choose for yourself which ones seem a good idea. I hope this helped and good luck!!

7 days

You Are Not Alone

I think the length is justified actually, because the feeling is so hard to convey and your message had to be brought to the reader. I also highlighted, what you might cut or compromise, but not all of it is necessary.

24 days

A Five Step Love Story (Posted for Peer Review)

I love how you built up the perfect love in the first two steps and then added slowly negative parts to it. I also really like how you divided the story into five parts. It was good that the lovers parted in the end else the story might have gotten a little cliché.

25 days

rain

I think you could leave out some words to create more rhythm: in line 9 you could leave out the "those" and in the previous the "a". But that's just my opinion. I really like the whole setting and the thoughts you brought to paper. Well done!

5 months

The Mime Show

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

The title makes the reader already suspect a story with a double meaning, so it fits very well in my opinion. You could or could not leave out the "The" in the title, but I'm not sure myself whether that's better or not. All in all a great story! Hope I could help.

5 months

Flor Africana

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Nothing else to say really. Except for the part with the ashes I don't think your story is confusing. I enjoyed reading it! Hope this helped!

5 months

Dregs Of Life!

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

I do not think there is a need for all the footnotes, the first paragraph might suffice. I think the point of flash fiction is to keep some parts of the story to oneself. But in the end you have to decide, whether you want to leave them there or not. Hope this helped!

6 months

Surge

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

I hope this helps! Pleas review "Lost Sister" by Dragonfly (Germany), I'd really appreciate it.

6 months

Killing two birds with one stone (Final Draft) (Feedback is appreciated)

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

I'm not sure if it is necessary to put the different persons speeches in italics and/or bold. It's probably not a disadvantage anyway. I hope this helped!

6 months

Promise

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

I think there is a bit too much cliché in the story. The "don't do this!" and "I have to" parts are quite common. As is the man leaving woman for fighting part. I suppose that is my own taste, so judge for yourself. Also I guess it all fits in the setting. I hope this helped! I'd really appreciate it, if you'd review my story too: it's "Lost Sister" by Dragonfly

6 months

Flight or Face

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

I think your story's message is quite clear. I wonder whether it is too clear. I really like the last sentence and it says something that has already been implied. That's why I'm not sure whether it's a little too much... decide for yourself. I hope this helped!

6 months

Out for Blood | Review for review

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Once you say "the villain" and the second time just "Villain". Not sure if that's intended, but I'd suggest keeping it consistent. (I actually prefer the Hero and Villain as names, even though the Hero does not stay one). Here's your review, hope it helped! Pleas review mine as well: "Lost Sister" by Dragonfly (from Germany)

6 months

My Friend Naomi

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

unknown

Beatrice Falls In Love Too Easily

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

- I don't quite like the intro, I have to admit I cannot wholly say why. I think flash fiction is not really supposed to have an intro... - The title is judgmental. But it makes the reader expect some cliché romantic story. I was positively surprised. - All in all I have to say the story lacks a bit tension. It's rather funny than emotional. If that was the goal however, you probably succeeded.

6 months

The pianist

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

The highlighted sentences (especially the second one) have more commas than they need (for my taste). In the first one I would suggest adding an "or" and in the second one a full stop behind "fridge". But I suppose that's a matter of personal style. Great story otherwise!

6 months

Clotting Crimson||PLEASE REVIEW!!

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

- I think writing at least once "could have" instead of "could've" would sound a little better, but that's just my opinion, so no pressure! - all in all really well written!

6 months