sunflowerbelle11

"The ones who give the most are the ones who regret the least."

Legacy

The world screams constantly to "Leave your mark!"
"Create your legacy!" 
"Make yourself remembered."
But that's the thing. Its impossible to leave a legacy in this world. A hundred or so years down the road, no one is going to know who you are. No one is going to care who you were. They are gonna be focused on their own legacy. What they want to be remembered for forever. Its a constant cycle. But what if… What if you were remembered for not who you were but for what you believed. I believe in a God who sent his only Son to die a horrific death in order that we may be with him forever. I believe that, because of my sin, I do not have the ability to be close to be with my Heavenly Father. But he came down to earth to bring me to him. 
So what if I was remembered, not by what I did...

Lilly Evans (Potter) Diary Part 5

September 1st (Evening)
Dear Diary,
I am in my bed now, writing quickly before the lights are turned out, so that's why my handwriting is so bad. Bear with me. 
Anyways, Brighten isn't back from the Hospital wing yet. Professor Jaime says she had a minor condition of Transfigure backlash, and would feel better in a day or so. Joy, who has practically read every book out there in the magical world, says she doesn't remember reading anything about Transfigure backlash, which is strange. Nevertheless, I will be glad when Brighten gets back. She is quite outgoing and brings a lot of laughter to our dorm. 
When Joy and I were exploring the castle before class, we accidentally stumbled upon the Potions class room. Professor Slughorn didn't send us out right away because I had a question on the pre reading before we went to class. He happily answered my question, but Joy did not seem to enjoy it. She...

Lilly Evans (Potter) Diary Part 4

September 1st
Dear Diary, 
Its the first day of classes, and so far, it has been very intriguing. I am at lunch right now with Joy, but my morning classes are over now, and I already have a stack of homework! Learning about the magical world is very hard on my brain to grasp those concepts, but I think I am slowly understanding. Joy and I are going to eat fast and explore the castle a bit before afternoon classes begin. 
Herbology was torture this morning! James Potter and his friends (who are yes, just as annoying as he is) were scaring and poking everyone, causing them to mess up their plant care process. One of his friends snuck up behind me, but I turned around before he could do anything and scolded him. He backed away, a defeated look across his face. 
It was quite strange, during the middle of Transfiguration, Brighten suddenly started screaming. Our professor took...

Lilly Evans (Potter) Diary Part 4

September 1st
Dear Diary, 

We Miss You, Sport!

Hoop World

The  clock slowly counted down. 5,4,3,2…. I grabbed the pass my teammate had just thrown me and I quickly shot the ball. ERRRRR. The clock buzzed, signaling the end of the half, but not before the ball had left my fingertips. Everyone watched breathless as the ball, seemingly in slow motion, spiraled toward the hoop. C'mon, c'mon!! 
Swish!
The stands went wild, everyone on the bench stormed the court. I smiled as I looked up at the stop clock. 36-37. 
We had won. 
It seems like everyone has lost this year of 2020. No last second shots could fix the horrors and disasters that have been engaged. Basketball is almost a world of its own. The smell of the court, the squeak of the shoes, the pounding crowd in the stands. In order to shut out the news of this world for a little while, basketball was an escape. Watching and playing. An escape to my own world of "3...

Lilly Evans (Potter) Diary Part 3

August 30th
Dear Diary, 
It is 9:30 and we are all climbing into our beds in our dorm. I am at HOGWARTS. Ahhh! It is so amazing! The castle is enormous and there are tons of students here! The train ride here was incredible, and I even got some chocolate frogs from the Trolley Cart! It scared me when they started jumping around, but Severus explained that they were only bewitched. They tasted very good! I also met a girl named Joy. She seemed quite nice, though she was very quiet. She didn't talk much on our way to Hogwarts. She just kept nervously glancing at Severus. Which may be understandable since he just sat in the corner with his (greasy) hair partially covering his eyes, and didn’t say a word. He is often shy around people, so that was understandable. When we got there, we were sorted into our houses! I got put in Gryffindor, but Severus was sorted...

Lilly Evans (Potter) Diary Part 3

August 30th
Dear Diary, 

Lilly Evans (Potter) Diary Part 2

August 28th
Dear Diary, 

Today we went shopping for all my supplies for school! There were some awfully strange things to buy, and Diagon Alley was like nothing I had ever seen before! I got a wand at Ollivander's, I got books at Flourish and Blotts, I got cauldrons, robes and mum even got me an owl! His name is Mojie, he is a beautiful Tawny owl. He is sitting in my windowsill right now! We also stopped at Gringotts, where we exchanged our "Muggle Money" for wizard's money. Quite strange currency, indeed! ​There were also many people there, dressed in colorful robes and carrying around similar things to what I had.  There was a place under construction called  "Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour." There were many workers creating the walls, doors, tables and decor for the shop. It was quite intriguing though I wish it was open when we went. Oh well.

Anyways, Severus shopped for his supplies as...

Lilly Evans (Potter) Diary Part 2

August 28th
Dear Diary, 

Anyways, Snape shopped for his supplies as...

Lilly Evans (Potter) Diary Part 2

August 28th
Dear Diary, 

Lilly Evans Diary Premier (Year 1, Part 1)

This Diary Belongs To:
                                                                     Lilly J. Evans            

August 24th
Dear Diary, 
Can you believe it? Today is the day I received a letter from the school of Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and WIZARDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t even completely understand what it is! But Severus told me he would explain more at our usual meeting at the swings. I guess he was in a rush to go see if he had gotten his own letter. It is strange that I am getting this letter. After all, Tunia didn’t get one of her own. I think she...

YOU, The Writer

My Writing

Hmm my writing is kind of all over the place. I go through dry spells of no inspiration (Yes, I know. Very depressing) But my inspiration always strikes when I least expect it. For example, at 11:30 at night when my body is begging for sleep, but I have to get up and scribble sleepily on a piece of paper or else I can't sleep. Writing has always been something I loved. Going with the flow writing is my best work, but sometimes, I get really bad writers block and don't know where I am going with my story. That's where notes come in handy. Planning out the entire story, and then doing my thing is the best route for success. 
My advice for those who have writers block (as I get it all the time): look at scenic or nature pictures. Or just go out and observe what is around you. Go for a drive, study people, the way...

Remember when...

Remember when my life didn't revolve around schedules? Remember when all you cared about was living? Oh I do. Living life to the fullest, no care in the world, enjoying every second of every day. But then, I became a teenager. And life revolved around schedules. Sports, school, writing, etc. Remember when the butterflies were something to ooh and ahh over, instead of something to study? Remember when you didn't care what made the trees whisper or the sun to shine. All you cared about was the beauty of it all, and living each day to enjoy it. Oh how I wish I could go back. Back to the days when pretending you were a princess was just as good as being one. When the grass was your jewelry and the wind, your makeup. When the sunsets were there to soak up instead of take pictures of. 
Oh how I wish I go back.
So live each day to the...

Letter Writing Competition 2020

Goodbye Letter

Dear Mom and Dad,
As you are reading this now, I am on my way out of Arizona. To where, I will not tell you. But I am leaving. I am sure you don't know why your youngest daughter would want to leave such a wonderful home. Why your youngest daughter would leave everything her parents have given her. The problem is, you don't consider me your daughter. You consider me an intruder, though you agreed to take me in. You consider me one more mouth to feed, though I barely eat more than a mouse. I am worth barely more to you than your dog. Don't pretend like this isn't true. I know it is. In fact, you have told me these things to my face many a time. Yet in public I am your "wonderful daughter who you love and spoil." More false words have never been spoken. At this time, you are not panicking, though I would...

Letter Writing Competition 2020

Goodbye Letter

Dear Mom and Dad,

Cinderella's Daily Tasks: Made by her Stepmom. Writing Streak Week 1 Day 1

Do this each day. Do not skip or take off any task. 
1. Feed the animals, milk the cow, get the eggs (Get up early, lazy girl!)
2. Fuel the fires in the kitchen and living room (I want it ROARING by the time I come downstairs!)
3. Make breakfast for myself and your two lovely stepsisters. (Anastasia hates eggs, and Drizella abhors toast. Make something interesting!!! Oh and don't forget I am allergic to gluten, dairy, and red dye)
4. Do the dishes and clean the kitchen (You may not eat until this task is done.)
5. Make sure all the instruments are in tune. (Piano, Violin, Flute, Ukulele, Tuba, Organ) And make sure the girls look fashionable.
6. Make it to the farmer's market before it closes to get fresh produce.

• Fruit
  • Bread
  • Baked Goods 
  • Animal Feed 
  • Anything else we are short on
7. Put away the groceries
8. Make lunch for myself and your sisters (Remember the dietary...

A piece of my in progress story (FEEDBACK PLZ!)

Some say feelings are what make you human. Well, if feelings are what make me human, I could hardly be considered human at all because right now I can only feel three things. 
Bitterness. Anger. Resentment. The only feelings left to feel. There was no joy, no happiness, no spark of life in my poorly lit living room. The scroungy, overstuffed, moth eaten chairs seemed to mock me as they sank with my weight. The old paint peeling from the walls was the only thing to stare blankly at, though that wasn’t what I was focused on at the moment. My back ached with the pain of sitting all day, but I refused to move. I had no purpose to move, no one to laugh with or to mourn with. It was just me. I was alone. No one visited, no one even sent me a card. I was the “cranky, old man down the street who screamed at you...

Letter Writing Competition 2020

Goodbye Letter

Dear Mom and Dad, 

Letter Writing Competition 2020

Goodbye Letter

Dear Mom and Dad, 

Letter Writing Competition 2020

Goodbye Letter

Dear Mom and Dad, 
As you are reading this now, I am on my way out of Arizona. To where, I will not tell you. But I am leaving. I am sure you don't know why.  Why your youngest daughter would want to leave such a wonderful home. Why your youngest daughter would leave everything her parents have given her. The problem is, you don't consider me your daughter. You consider me an intruder, though you agreed to take me in. You consider me one more mouth to feed, though I barely eat more than a mouse. I am worth barely more to you than your dog. Don't pretend like this isn't true. I know it is. In fact, you have told me these things to my face many a time. Yet in public I am your "wonderful daughter who you love and spoil." More false words have never been spoken. At this time, you are not panicking, though I would...

Letter Writing Competition 2020

Goodbye Letter

Dear Mom and Dad, 

Letter Writing Competition 2020

Goodbye Letter

Dear Mom and Dad, 
As you are reading this now, I am on my way out of Arizona. To where, I will not tell you. But I am leaving. I am sure you don't know why. Why your youngest daughter would want to leave such a wonderful home. Why your youngest daughter would leave everything her parents have given her. The problem is, you don't consider me your daughter. You consider me an intruder, though you agreed to take me in. You consider me one more mouth to feed, though I barely eat more than a mouse. I am worth barely more to you than your dog. Don't pretend like this isn't true. I know it is. In fact, you have told me these things to my face many a time. Yet in public I am your "wonderful daughter who you love and spoil." More false words have never been spoken. At this time, you are not panicking, though I...

Letter Writing Competition 2020

Goodbye Letter

Dear Mom and Dad,