Elizabeth Lewis

Hi guys! I am a teenage Christian girl who loves to write, read, sing and act! I love Broadway and the Keeper of the Lost Cities Series by Shannon Messenger! And I love Jesus! Soli Deo Gloria! --- "to God be the Glory!"

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."
-Revelation 21:4

Also the artwork I used for my avatar is made by the amazing Laura Hollingsworth! Please check out her work! (She makes official Keeper of the Lost Cities artwork.)

Here's a link to a very helpful WtW document full of tips and tricks about WtW: please check it out! Even if you are not a newer user, it is incredibly useful! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/132307/version/254176

Creative Nonfiction Competition 2020

On 2020 From a Teenage Girl

I had been suffering from moral anxiety for two years. And I had finally had enough. I was willing to do whatever it took to make the pain stop. 
    I had left math class in tears, snot streaming down my mask. I went to the bathroom to try and clean up. Holding my breath, I took off my mask and cleaned off the snot as best as I could, and put my mask back on. The door squeaked open, and...
    My sister stood at the door. 
    I watched as her face changed, taking in everything. My tears, my red eyes, my messy hair. She asked me if I was okay. I responded truthfully, "No."
    She hugged me and I hugged her, and she helped. 
    God sent her.
    When I was ready to give up, God showed his love for me, just as he did on the...

The Little Clay Bird with the Broken Beak

The little clay bird with the broken beak
Sitting so silently on the wood sill.
Cannot fly with weighted down wings
Needs to but can't unleash her trill.

Longing to like real birds fly.
But made of earth is the little clay bird
Wants to but can't verbalize her cry.

The little young girl with the sad brown eyes 
Hugging herself to bed a stranger
Her first night her parents dead
Walking to a place full of great danger. 

Psalm 91:11

Glass breaking 
Metal shriveling
Branches cracking
We are safe

Water flooding
Rain pelting
Winds whipping
We are safe

Fire spewing
Pumice piling
Roofs falling 
We are safe
"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalm 91:11

Psalm 91:11

Glass breaking
Metal shriveling
Branches cracking
We are safe

Water flooding
Rain pelting
Winds whipping
We are safe

Fire spewing
Pumice piling
Roofs falling 
We are safe

Sealed in a Jar

I want
    I wish for
    you
    and me
    in fifth grade
    frozen in time
    sealed in a jar

I want
    I wish for 
    you 
    and me 
    halloween
    frozen in time
    sealed in a jar

I want 
    I wish for
    you 
    frozen in time
    sealed in a jar
    So when you're gone
    I can open the jar
    And you'll be there
    Talking
    Laughing
    Chatting

I want 
    I wish for
    the time 
    when you were here
    frozen in time
    sealed in a jar

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

The Betrayed

The sunset is sad, the girl thinks. I might never see another if she wins. The boy behind her stumbles and trips across a twig. When the girl sees the boy, her anger bubbles out of her like a tea kettle. "Get out of here, traitor!"
     A single tear rolls down the boy's muddy face as he says, "I'm sorry."
    "You should be more than sorry! You went to her, the enemy, to save yourself!" 
    "Hello, sweets!" A sickly sweet voice like spoiled milk calls from the woods.
    The boy and girl scream as the darkness swallows them whole. 

It Will Get Better

I ran into my room and flung myself onto my bed. The tears that were streaming down my tired face were absorbed by my pillows. My pillows absorb my sadness. 
    "Hey," Theodosia came into my room. I flung a sadness-absorbed pillow at her head, but she dodged it. "Do you want to talk about it?"
    "What's there to talk about?" I protested. "Secrets were kept. Lies were made. It feels like my whole world has tilted, like the North Pole was suddenly at the bottom of our planet. And it's okay."
    "But you're not okay!" Theodosia insisted. "You're crying."
    I felt my face, and a familiar wetness covered my hand. "I guess I am." 
    "Want to talk about it?" Theodosia asked.
    I looked up at her and shook my head. In response, Theodosia gave me a death glare that said, you'd better talk about it or...

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

The Betrayed

The sunset is pretty, the girl thinks. I may not get to see another. The boy behind her steps on a twig. When the girl sees the boy, her anger bubbles out of her like a tea kettle. 
      The girl is furious. "Why would you betray us? Why would you hurt all those you love in order to be on her side?"  
    The boy shakes his head sadly. "I had no choice."
    "There's always a choice!" The girl screams, oblivious. 
    An evil voice calls from the woods, "Hello precious!" 
    The girl screams as the darkness swallows her hole. 

God's Love

We can never understand it. 
    Our human minds can't comprehend it.
    We can trust that God is merciful
    For not praising Him as we should. 

"For God so loved the world that He gave up His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." --- John 3:16

Dust Jacket

Dust Jacket

My favorite genre to read is middle grade fantasy, and that's my favorite genre to write, too! I am drawn to pieces about Jesus, Christianity and faith, and pieces about anything that tell a story and are so beautiful. The thing I find most challenging about writing is actually buckling down and starting to write, and the best part about writing is when you just write and have fun with it. My one goal for myself on Write the World is to stop calling it "Write the Word" and actually call it by it's real name! Thank you so much for reading my writing! :) Soli Deo Gloria!

Letter Writing Competition 2020

A Letter to the Grandmother That I Have Never Met

Dear Mrs. Stewart,

I will never understand why you gave me a stamp set on my fifth birthday. It was the tiniest thing, and yet it meant so much, because at the time you only existed in my mother's stories. The stamps you sent me told me that you were a real person. A real person living, breathing, thinking in Idaho, and you cared at least a tiny bit. Though I don't understand why you gave me the stamps (you never sent me or my siblings anything for our birthdays again), I am still thankful for them. I had a whole bag of animal stamps and letter stamps and shape stamps. And even though I had all those stamps, I loved your stamps and was excited and amazed to have received them. Thank you.
      I will never understand what you put my mother through. I know you had six kids of your own to take care of,...

Writing Streak Challenge Week 1 Day 2

How to Write a Book
1. Come up with an idea
2. Start planning a plot that will likely change 
3. Start writing a rough draft that doesn't have to be good
4. Edit the rough draft like crazy
5. Rewrite the parts that need to be re-written
6. Edit like crazy some more
7. Rewrite
8. Rewrite
9. Rewrite
10. Make some final edits, making sure your manuscript is as well as it can be
11. Query
12. Publish 
13. CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Writing Streak Challenge - Week 1

Writing Streak Week 1 Day 1

1. Hypsipyle
2. Penelope
3. Calypso
4. Psyche
5. Echo
6. Atalanta
7. Arachne
8. Antigone
9. Niobe
10. Gaea 

Never

Never give up
Even when times are tough
Never give up 
Even when you want to quit
Never give up
Don't forget about your dream
Never give up
Don't stop believing

Letter Writing Competition 2020

Dear Mrs. Stewart,

I will never understand why you gave me a stamp set on my fifth birthday. It was the tiniest thing, and yet it meant so much, because at the time you only existed in my mother's stories. The stamps you sent me told me that you were a real person, and you cared at least a tiny bit. Though I don't understand why you gave me the stamps (you never sent me or my siblings anything for our birthdays again), I am still thankful for them. I had a whole bag of animal stamps and letter stamps and shape stamps. And even though I had all those stamps, I loved your stamps and was excited and amazed to have received them. Thank you.
      I will never understand what you put my mother through. I don't know why you left her to buy the things she need. I don't know why you made her eat...

Selfishness

I've recently realized how selfish I've been. I've only been caring about myself and my salvation when I've already been saved. Others are being killed. Others are being persecuted. Others are being shot. And all I do is sit in a chair and worry about myself. Me, me, me, I think. While others are being treated like dirt, and not being treated like a person made in the image of God. 
    But there is hope. 

Not from me. 
    But from the Lord. And Jesus. And the Holy Spirit. And the Gospel
    I can't change my selfish heart on my own. I need God. And so I ask Him to change my heart. 
    And He will. 
    Bit by bit, He will.
    Until He calls me home.
    Until I go to Him.

The world is like my...

Selfishness

But there is hope. 

Not from me. 
    I can't change my selfish heart on my own. I need God. And so I ask Him to change my heart. And He will.

The world is like my selfish heart. It only cares about what it has and what it wants. And like my heart, it needs God. And so I...

Somehow

I honestly don’t remember how, when, where, or why I started to like him. All I know was that I liked him, and knew it. I’m also pretty sure that he liked me too, for whatever reason. I never sought his attention, he never sought mine. And yet we liked each other at the same time. Somehow.

Letter Writing Competition 2020

Dear Mrs. Stewart,

I will never understand why you gave me a stamp set on my fifth birthday. But even though I don't understand why you gave me the stamps, I am still thankful for them. I had a whole bag of animal stamps and letter stamps and shape stamps. And even though I had all those stamps, I loved your stamps and was excited and amazed to have received them. Thank you.
      I will never understand what you put my mother through. I don't know why you left her to buy the things she need. I don't know why you made her eat the mac-and-cheese that she made with too much pepper. I don't know why you just gave her school books and told her to teach herself. But I forgive you. And I'm sure my mom does too. 
    I will never understand why you seemed to hate my father. I know your own...