Elissa Krause

Default avatar user icon

Elissa Krause (United States) published:

The Best and Worst

PROMPT: Geography of Home

I love the room where the cat stretches out lazily on the carpet in a pool of sunshine. I love the room where I can spy on my neighbor shoveling snow from his driveway. I love the room where I can sit quietly and listen to all of the other family noises in the house. I love the room where my artwork is hung. I love the room with the old cuckoo clock that everyone forgets to reset. I love...

Default avatar user icon

The Best and Worst

PROMPT: Geography of Home

Default avatar user icon

The Best and Worst

PROMPT: Geography of Home

Default avatar user icon

The Best and Worst

PROMPT: Geography of Home

Default avatar user icon

One Moment

PROMPT: New Year Competition

Beep! Beep! Beep! My harsh alarm clock woke me up with the same shocking blast every morning. It was like waking up to a bucket of ice water dumped over my head. I had created quite the same effect by placing my clock across the room on the bookcase. If I desired peaceful silence, which I very much did at five thirty in the morning; then I had to spring from the warmth of my bed, stumble blindly across the...

Default avatar user icon

The Unknown

PROMPT: Six-Word Story

Mom doesn't know her new title. 

Default avatar user icon

Cinderella's Ring

PROMPT: A piece of good news.

Dear Diary,
Today we recieved my grandmother's jewerly box from my aunt Carol who drove it all the way to us from Colorado. Mom insisted on spreading out all of the jewerly on her bedcover before I could see it. When she finally let me into the room I stopped in awe. Her entire queen sized bed was covered in antique jewerly. Mom explained that she hadn't even opened every drawer in the box yet! I spent most of two...

Default avatar user icon

Untitled

PROMPT: Why I Write

I wrote, not because I was passionate about the craft, but because I was a sixteen year old girl living in a small town in Iowa. At the time it seemed like writing was my only hope to be noticed in the world. I thought if I could write something good enough a publisher would snatch it up and tell me how incredible I was. So I wrote my first and only screenplay that year. After submitting it to a...

Default avatar user icon

Ex

PROMPT: That Sort of Person

"He was just looking for a girl to be a little less lonely with." 

Default avatar user icon
Competitor

Elissa Krause (United States) earned a badge Competitor

Geography of Home

The Best and Worst

I love the room where the cat stretches out lazily on the carpet in a pool of sunshine. I love the room where I can spy on my neighbor shoveling snow from his driveway. I love the room where I can sit quietly and listen to all of the other family noises in the house. I love the room where my artwork is hung. I love the room with the old cuckoo clock that everyone forgets to reset. I love the room with the golden chairs and red pillows. I love the room that my mother tries tirelessly to keep clean. I love the room that you first see when you come in the front door, hence why my mother tries to keep it clean. I love the room that gets messy thanks to my brothers, even though my mother yells at them to pick up their things. I love the room where books get piled on the coffee table....

Geography of Home

The Best and Worst

Geography of Home

The Best and Worst

Geography of Home

The Best and Worst

I love the room where the cat stretches out lazily on the carpet in a pool of sunshine. I love the room where I can spy on my neighbor shoveling snow from his driveway. I love the room where I can sit quietly and listen to all of the other family noises in the house. I love the room where my artwork is hung. I love the room with the old cuckoo clock that everyone forgets to reset. I love the room with the golden chairs and red pillows. I love the room that my mother tries tirelessly to keep clean. I love the room that you first see when you come in the front door, hence why my mother keeps it clean. I love the room that gets messy thanks to my brothers, even though my mother yells at them to pick up their things. I love the room where books get piled on the coffee table. I love...

New Year Competition

One Moment

Beep! Beep! Beep! My harsh alarm clock woke me up with the same shocking blast every morning. It was like waking up to a bucket of ice water dumped over my head. I had created quite the same effect by placing my clock across the room on the bookcase. If I desired peaceful silence, which I very much did at five thirty in the morning; then I had to spring from the warmth of my bed, stumble blindly across the room, and pull the cord to my clock (I couldn't find the right button in the dark). Dazed by the abrupt shift from warmth to cold, sleep to wakefulness, I flipped the overhead light on. My head throbbed from lack of sleep. For that I could only blame myself and the New Year's Eve party last night. Parties like that were murderous if I had school the next morning. They were so sinfully good, though, that I couldn't resist. I quickly hopped in the...

Six-Word Story

The Unknown

Mom doesn't know her new title. 

A piece of good news.

Cinderella's Ring

Dear Diary,
Today we recieved my grandmother's jewerly box from my aunt Carol who drove it all the way to us from Colorado. Mom insisted on spreading out all of the jewerly on her bedcover before I could see it. When she finally let me into the room I stopped in awe. Her entire queen sized bed was covered in antique jewerly. Mom explained that she hadn't even opened every drawer in the box yet! I spent most of two hours looking through the entire collection. It would've done a museum of the average grandmother's jewerly collection proud. Looking through something as personal as her jewerly made me realize something about my grandmother. I'd never gotten to know her very well as she lived so far away. I realized that she loved pretty things and the girly pleasure of putting on a fabulous pair of earrings as much as I did. To be honest I was shocked. She was such...

Why I Write

Untitled

I wrote, not because I was passionate about the craft, but because I was a sixteen year old girl living in a small town in Iowa. At the time it seemed like writing was my only hope to be noticed in the world. I thought if I could write something good enough a publisher would snatch it up and tell me how incredible I was. So I wrote my first and only screenplay that year. After submitting it to a contest with 6,000 other participants, I experienced rejection for the first time. Now I write once in a while when I have a few free moments. I discovered my true passion is running. 

That Sort of Person

Ex

New Year Competition

One Moment

New Year Competition

One Moment

Beep! Beep! Beep! My harsh alarm clock woke me up with the same shocking blast every morning. It was like waking up to a bucket of ice water dumped over my head. I had created quite the same effect by placing my clock across the room on the bookcase. If I desired peaceful silence, which I very much did at five thirty in the morning; then I had to spring from the warmth of my bed, stumble blindly across the room, and pull the cord to my clock (I couldn't find the right button in the dark). 
    Dazed by the abrupt shift from warmth to cold, sleep to wakefulness, I flipped the overhead light on. My head throbbed from lack of sleep. For that I could only blame myself and the New Year's Eve party last night. Parties like that were murderous if I had school the next morning. They were so sinfully good, though, that I couldn't resist. 
    I...

New Year Competition

One Moment

Beep! Beep! Beep! 
    My harsh alarm clock woke me up with the same shocking blast every morning. It was like waking up to a bucket of ice water dumped over my head. I had created quite the same effect by placing my clock across the room on the bookcase. If I desired peaceful silence, which I very much did at five thirty in the morning; then I had to spring from the warmth of my bed, stumble blindly across the room, and pull the cord to my clock (I couldn't find the right button in the dark). 
  ...

Elissa Krause doesn't have any likes yet.

Self editor

You've published multiple versions of the same piece

Earned almost 3 years ago

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned almost 3 years ago

Competitor

Thanks for entering a competition.

Earned almost 3 years ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Leader inactive

Become a leader of the pack when over five other writers start following you.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Prolific inactive

Publish over ten different pieces to be truly prolific!

Reviewer inactive

Just write and submit a review to become a reviewer. Get to it!

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.

1 Follower

Tiredaf Tiredaf

Elissa Krause isn't following anyone yet.