Mathswhiz9

A logophile, dreamer, achiever, painter, humanitarian.
Loves Murder Mysteries and collecting books.
A big Harry Potter Fan.

Planning the post-board exam trip.

After slogging hard for months on end, the board exams are finally over. This means: happy dance, happy dance! Two months of absolute liberty to do whatever one wants. I was so relieved and delighted that my heart could have popped out of my chest due to all the excitement.

The biggest surprise was my mum's and dad's announcement at the dinner table three days later. I screamed and upset my food plate. Thank goodness for Orena, our female feline, who licked everything spotlessly clean. I was given the permission to plan my freedom trip. I was on cloud nine. On the seventh heaven. Over the moon. On top of the world.

I gobbled up my supper, not caring to thank my mum for making my second-favorite, Sindhi Biryani, and ran up the stairs to my room. I got out my second-hand yet stellar laptop and began searching up on all the places I'd wanted to visit. After a two...

Planning the post-board exam trip.

ME

I wanted this year to be incredible, stellar, brilliant and all the synonyms of brilliant..
this last year of school was where I hoped reality surpasses all my expectations, my inner soul wanted this to be the best year of my teenage life.
Surprisingly, I didn't wanna go to college so soon
But as it turns out, God had other plans and not everyone was over the moon
Our school was to begin in march,
when this virus decided to pop up outta nowhere
and ruin all of our lives
emphasis on ALL, no one was spared
Educational institutions were shut, more like we were the ones shut
then began, if I put it colloquially, the WFH era
We weren't ready for this,
honestly no one was ready for this unprecedented, unparalleled, never-known-before way of learning
On a side note,
Anxiously we read the newspaper every single day
I think we did this carefully all throughout march, april and may ...

Open Prompt

Mostly Poirot.

I've been reading a lot of Agatha Christie lately. Especially the Poirot ones. Hercule Poirot is definitely one of a kind. He is an exemplar of absolute neatness and his adroitness along with his knack of hunting down the murderer could take someone's breath away. With his egg-shaped head, all those 'little grey cells' he keeps on talking about...he uses psychology to find out the killer. His methods maybe old-fashioned but he always catches the culprit. He forms his ideas using only bits of conversation he hears from the suspects. He suspects everyone and trusts no one. He isn't what one would call modest, he does have an exaggerated sense of his importance. But all the same, I love his character. The authoress has done a wonderful job with the Poirot series. I've read about twelve books of hers and they never fail to delight me!