maxaroni and cheese

a possum on stilts. i made this to read my friend's writing but i might eventually post something of my own

strokes on strokes on strokes

You have grown experienced in the art of laying on a thick dust of facetiousness across the canvas you have inherited. Deft strokes conceal cracks and blurs, simplifying the caustic figures looming over you into a funny anecdote you will joke about during the twenty minutes allotted for lunch with a pressed on smile crimped at your eyes. (You will gesture with feverish energy as you retell the worst night of your life to a table doubling over themselves in laughter, ignoring the phantom pills lodged in your throat.)
       You have found that indignation is a vibrant color that draws the eye and envelopes nuances of fear and pain with ease. It is close enough in hue to prevent a careful observer from picking through it, and airy enough to be chalked up to one of your eccentricities. (Alongside it in your palate is absurdity- the image can never be anything other than impressionism if you are to lie to...