Makenna Sterns

Default avatar user icon
1

Makenna Sterns (United States) published:

13

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

At age 13 its supposed to be braces, funky hair colors, and middle school, but not for me, for me it's Autistic Sister, Homeschooling, and drug accusations. I guess you could say I'm not having an ordinary childhood. I was just like every other 13 year old girl who has blue eyes, blonde hair, and straight As until He happened. My biological father has decided to attempt to get full custody of my 10 year old Autistic sister,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Dear Elizabeth

PROMPT: Historical Fiction Competition 2016

Dear Elizabeth Barrett Browning, 
    Durham, England seems so far away from Italy, but recently I discovered its not at all, because you are in my heart more than you are physically. Most of the time I like to think that you are coming home just tomorrow from Durham, when really you are always in my heart and forever you shall stay. Pen misses you dearly, as do I, and you telling me one of your poems nightly as you wrote...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

A Year in Alcatraz

See,  I was tried in court for the murder of my wife. My mother in law framed me. Which has made me old and bitter at the age of 25. I have now been framed twice, by the same woman named Loretta Stevens. She has sent me to a boat that will send me to Alcatraz,  where I have been proved guilty. Serving 25 to life. Luckily we have no children runnin' around our front yard,  or had I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
Publisher

Makenna Sterns (United States) earned a badge Publisher

[Insert Age]

13

At age 13 its supposed to be braces, funky hair colors, and middle school, but not for me, for me it's Autistic Sister, Homeschooling, and drug accusations. I guess you could say I'm not having an ordinary childhood. I was just like every other 13 year old girl who has blue eyes, blonde hair, and straight As until He happened. My biological father has decided to attempt to get full custody of my 10 year old Autistic sister, but not me. He has also caused anxiety. depression, mental abuse, and self- harm, not realizing the actual damage he has caused. Steve, my male parental unit, has Bipolar Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder, one very bad combination especially when you aren't taking the correct pills to help with the diseases. 

My aunts who are 19 and 21 years younger than Steve, have a deep hatred for him. Not because of how he's treating me, but for their...

Historical Fiction Competition 2016

Dear Elizabeth

Dear Elizabeth Barrett Browning, 
    Durham, England seems so far away from Italy, but recently I discovered its not at all, because you are in my heart more than you are physically. Most of the time I like to think that you are coming home just tomorrow from Durham, when really you are always in my heart and forever you shall stay. Pen misses you dearly, as do I, and you telling me one of your poems nightly as you wrote them. I would have to claim that I miss you the most my dear Elizabeth. Even though your father never approved of us, I'm sure he does now from the heavens above, because he knows what beautiful of a woman you have become. 

"The denial of contemporary genius is the rule rather than the exception" -Elizabeth Barrett Browning, I would like to say that this is me. In my current state of thought I may not be a genius,...

Open Prompt

A Year in Alcatraz

See,  I was tried in court for the murder of my wife. My mother in law framed me. Which has made me old and bitter at the age of 25. I have now been framed twice, by the same woman named Loretta Stevens. She has sent me to a boat that will send me to Alcatraz,  where I have been proved guilty. Serving 25 to life. Luckily we have no children runnin' around our front yard,  or had I should say.  Me and Angelica,  my late wife,  we had some grapples in the whole fertility department,  and I have anger issues. That isn't the kind of stress to bring a wee one into,  not in my opinion at least. 
    Angelica always was a fiesty one. She'd been throwin' things at me since the day we first met. After all who wouldn't want a little challenge in their life,  that's the way I always looked at it. Now...

Makenna Sterns doesn't have any likes yet.

Publisher

You've gone live!

Earned about 2 years ago

Admirer inactive

Follow over twenty other writers to become an admirer!

Best seller inactive

Get over twenty favorites for one of your published pieces and you'll be a bestseller.

Competitor inactive

It's as easy as entering a competition to earn this badge.

Favoriter inactive

Get favoriting - read and favorite over ten pieces published by others to earn this badge.

Follower inactive

Follow over five other writers and you'll get a badge for your efforts.

Good neighbor inactive

Be a good neighbor - add a profile image and write a short biography.

Leader inactive

Become a leader of the pack when over five other writers start following you.

Luminary inactive

Publish one hundred pieces and you'll be a luminary.

Master reviewer inactive

Write and publish over fifty reviews to become a Master Reviewer

Patron inactive

Become a patron of writers - follow over thirty of them.

Popular penman inactive

Get over ten favorites for your work to become a Popular Penner.

Power writer inactive

Keep going! Write over ten thousand words and you'll be a Power Writer.

Pro reviewer inactive

Submit over five reviews and get that Pro Reviewer feeling.

Prolific inactive

Publish over ten different pieces to be truly prolific!

Reviewer inactive

Just write and submit a review to become a reviewer. Get to it!

Self editor inactive

Publish at least two versions of the same piece to become a self-editor

Super star inactive

Get your writing career glittering with more than thirty followers.

Supporter inactive

Get supportive. Follow over ten other writers and get a badge too.

Top critic inactive

Submit over fifteen reviews and you'll be a top critic.

2 Followers

Emma Sue Emma Sue
Peace_K Peace_K

Makenna Sterns isn't following anyone yet.