Juniper

Hi, anyone who’s reading this! Well, for starters, I LOVE cats. That’s the most common fact about me. I’m an avid reader, I like listening to music, and I like to joke. A LOT. Anyway, thanks for stopping by!!

This is one of my favorite quotes. It’s by Steve Jobs:

HERE’S TO THE CRAZY ONES.
THE MISFITS. THE REBELS. THE TROUBLEMAKERS.
THE ROUND PEGS IN THE SQUARE HOLES.
THE ONES WHO SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY.
THEY’RE NOT FOND OF RULES.
AND THEY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE STATUS QUO.
YOU CAN QUOTE THEM, DISAGREE WITH THEM,
DISBELIEVE THEM, GLORIFY OR VILIFY THEM.
ABOUT THE ONLY THING YOU CAN’T DO, IS IGNORE THEM
BECAUSE THEY CHANGE THINGS.
THEY INVENT. THEY IMAGINE. THEY HEAL.
THEY EXPLORE. THEY CREATE. THEY INSPIRE.
THEY PUSH THE HUMAN RACE FORWARD.
MAYBE THEY HAVE TO BE CRAZY.
BECAUSE THE ONES WHO ARE CRAZY ENOUGH
TO THINK THAT THEY CAN CHANGE THE WORLD,
ARE THE ONES WHO DO.

Playwriting Competition 2020

Mysteries in the Basement

ACT 1:

Scene One:

(CAMERON, a logical blond haired teenager who wants to become a scientist, SOPHIE, his adventure-craving twin sister, who also sports blond hair, and and wants to someday climb Mount Everest, and TENLEY, a bronze haired British bookworm of a girl who wishes that her books could be her reality, are lounging on the blue-gray sectional (centerstage, turned so the audience can see their faces) of the living room at the twin’s house watching a documentary on the TV (downstage left, and the screen facing upstage).  The twin’s parents were rich, so the TV was enormous and sat on a stone fireplace mantle original to the remodeled 1800’s house.  Their eyes are glued to the television when suddenly TENLEY gasps.)

TENLEY:  Oh no, I hope that lion doesn’t attack the leopard cub!

CAMERON:  I thought you liked the Detroit Lions, Tenley?  (Glances quizzically)

TENLEY: Cameron, we’re watching an animal documentary, not football!  (gestures at screen.)
...

Playwriting Competition 2020

Mysteries in the Basement

ACT 1:

Scene One:

(CAMERON, fourteen year old blond haired lad with caramel eyes and an adventurous spirit, SOPHIE, CAMERON’s twin sister who also sports blond hair, azure blue eyes, and a kind disposition, and TENLEY, a bronze haired British bookworm of a girl with forest green eyes are sitting on the practically new blue-gray sectional (centerstage, turned to the front so the audience can see their faces) of the exquisite living room at CAMERON and SOPHIE’s house watching a nature documentary on leopards on the TV (downstage left, and screen facing towards the kids).  The twin’s parents were kind of rich, so the TV was a huge fifty inch beast that sat on an old stone fireplace mantle original to the remodeled 1800’s house.  The kids’ eyes are glued to the television when all of a sudden TENLEY gasps.)

CAMERON:  I thought you liked lions, Tenley?  ...

Playwriting Competition 2020

Mysteries in the Basement

ACT 1:

Scene One:

(CAMERON, fourteen year old blond haired lad with caramel eyes and an adventurous spirit, SOPHIE, CAMERON’s twin sister who also sports blond hair, though hers leans towards a dirtier blond, azure blue eyes, and a kind disposition, and TENLEY, a bronze haired British bookworm of a girl with forest green eyes and a passionate jokester are sitting on the practically new blue-gray sectional (centerstage, turned to the front so the audience can see their faces) of the exquisite living room at CAMERON and SOPHIE’s house watching a nature documentary on leopards on the TV (downstage left, and screen facing towards the kids).  The twin’s parents were kind of rich, so the TV was a huge fifty inch beast that sat on an old stone fireplace mantle original to the remodeled 1800’s house.  The kids’ eyes are glued to the television when all of a sudden TENLEY gasps.)

TENLEY:  Oh no, I hope that lion doesn’t attack...

What In Write The World!!!

Okay, what?  How in Write The World did I get to fifty-one followers?!  Okay, so, first off, thank you all so so much for taking the time to read my writing and follow me too!!!  It really means a lot that there’s people that enjoy my writing and I just want to shout out a huge THANK YOU to everyone!!!  So, here are all of the awesome writers that made it possible for me to be writing this today. . .

WhispersOfGray
silverrose1011
Chloe_Cat
Doodleninja
HeyThereRose
Chloe Ferreira
And_The_Stars_Laughed
CrazyNinjaKid
sincerely_me
Hazen Lambert
AutumnRain
Hailie Ogden
Boogie With Stu
ava09
.amelia.
D.G.
musiphant
Ella R. Baker
tragicbirthday
purple galaxy
ek503
If_cats_had_glasses
KittyTheCheshireCat
Eleanor M
hi i'm jackson ;)
acrosstheuniverse28
Nature dragon
Madelyn (Carolina Girl)
Cressida
lindz_the_nerd
Lolo K
BeautifullyImperfect
Av...
Tralala13
ElsaRee
Viking Lass 2007
suhanee
keyperofhearts
bambiamby
addy_24
Sylenceher
catvalentine
Sanjana Sunilkumar
Charisse Marison
Coolgirl2020
HelloThere
Thunderspark8
best at procrastinating
nelarifigueroa
--Nightshade--
SunV

Again, thank you all so so...

Playwriting Competition 2020

Mysteries in the Basement

ACT 1:

Scene One:

(CAMERON, a blond haired lad with caramel eyes and an adventurous spirit, SOPHIE, CAMERON’s twin sister who also sports blond hair, though hers leans towards a dirtier blond, azure blue eyes, and a kind disposition, and TENLEY, a bronze haired British bookworm of a girl with forest green eyes and a jokester of a personality are sitting on the practically new blue-gray sectional (centerstage, turned to the front so the audience can see their faces) of the exquisite living room at CAMERON and SOPHIE’s house watching a nature documentary on leopards on the TV (downstage left, and screen facing towards the kids).  The twin’s parents were kind of rich, so the TV was a huge fifty inch beast that sat on an old stone fireplace mantle original to the remodeled 1800’s house.  The kids’ eyes are glued to the television when all of a sudden TENLEY gasps.)

Playwriting Competition 2020

Mysteries in the Basement

ACT 1:

Scene One:

Playwriting Competition 2020

Mysteries in the Basement

ACT 1:

Scene One:

(CAMERON, a blond haired lad with caramel eyes and an adventurous spirit, SOPHIE, CAMERON’s twin sister who also sports blond hair, though hers leans towards a dirtier blond, azure blue eyes, and a kind disposition, and TENLEY, a bronze haired British bookworm of a girl with forest green eyes and a jokester of a personality are sitting on the practically new blue-gray sectional (centerstage, turned to the front so the audience can see their faces) of the exquisite living room at CAMERON and SOPHIE’s house watching a nature documentary on leopards on the TV (downstage left, and screen facing towards the kids).  The twin’s parents were kind of rich, so the TV was a huge fifty inch beast that sat on an old stone...

Playwriting Competition 2020

Mysteries in the Basement

ACT 1:

Scene One:

(CAMERON, a blond haired lad with caramel eyes and an adventurous spirit, SOPHIE, CAMERON’s twin sister who also sports blond hair, though hers leans towards a dirtier blond, azure blue eyes, and a kind disposition, and TENLEY, a bronze haired British bookworm of a girl with forest green eyes and a jokester of a personality are sitting on the practically new blue-gray sectional (centerstage, turned to the front so the audience can see their faces) of the exquisite living room at CAMERON and SOPHIE’s house watching a nature documentary on leopards on the TV (downstage left, and screen facing towards the kids).  The twin’s parents were kind of rich, so the TV was a huge fifty inch beast that sat on an old stone fireplace mantle original to the remodeled 1800’s house.  The kids’ eyes are glued...

Playwriting Competition 2020

Mysteries in the Basement

ACT 1:

Scene One:

Playwriting Competition 2020

Mysteries in the Basement

ACT 1:

Scene One:

Opening Night #NinjasContest_3

OMG, this is actually happening!  My mind practically sang as I shifted my weight eagerly from foot to foot.  I was waiting behind a jet-black curtain with my fellow actors and actresses while our teacher introduced our show.  It was opening night and the seats were jam-packed with waiting onlookers.
  I glanced at my friends across the stage.  They looked as ecstatic as I was, and my grin grew even wider as I turned to watch the small portion of the stage I could see.  Our teacher had finished speaking and in the blink of an eye the stage went into near pitch-blackness. I jubilantly bounced on my toes with anticipation.
After a second, the beginning tune began playing and I watched several of the actresses tumble across the stage as I awaited my turn.  Finally, hearing my cue, both electrified and terrified, I stepped onto the stage. . .

Moving. . .

WHAT???
You want me to leave
You want me to go
You want me to pack up everything
I’ve got from the life I live and know?

SERIOUSLY???
Now this is just ridiculous
Now this is just absurd 
If I could
I’d like to have a word

WAIT!!!
what are you doing with my stuff?
Why are you packing it up in boxes?
Hey, when’d that moving truck get here?
Oh, this has GOT be a series of paradoxes!

WHY!!!
are you trying to make me angry?
Are you trying to make me sad?
Now trust me when I say
You’ve REALLY made me mad!

ALRIGHT!!!
That’s it!
I’ve had enough!
I will not move
I refuse to leave this place I’ve roamed
For all my years of life
Come on guys, I mean. . .this is my home. . .

Five Line Fiction

Peace is Such a Delicate Thing

We came to pursue peace.  We’d planned for weeks and weeks, trying not to be offensive, trying not to cause any tension.  We came in and were polite, tried viewing it from their perspective.  But, that’s the thing about being too perfect.  It doesn’t work out.  Because, I think, as I stand there after the long, hard battle, that we might have just started a war. . .

The Magic of Nature

The birds sing their twittering chatter
The squirrels gossip in chattering laughter
The leaves brush against you in their friendly way
Oh, I could stay in there all day!
The babbling brook offers you a refreshing drink
It’s cooler and cleaner than what you get from a sink
In the secret meadows I won’t be found
I also might see a fox meandering around
The creatures of the forest are most wonderful
The, rabbits, the deer, the foxes, and birds so colorful
I can take a step back and slow down
and finally relax my frown
As I breathe in the crisp summer breeze
I watch the flowers and the cool honey bees
In the forest my happy place
I can finally slow down from the worlds rapid pace. . .

NOW?!?!?!

NOW you tell me that my cat destroyed my room?
NOW you tell me that you forgot to return your overdue movie to the library?
NOW you tell me that you didn’t get your homework done?
NOW you tell me that you spilled your breakfast on my iPad?
NOW you say that you read my diary?
NOW you confess that you stole my phone?
What other stuff are you hiding?
My left converse sneaker?
The cats’ toys?
The hair ties that have been mysteriously disappearing from their proper place?
Wait
Oops
That was me
But you did steal Dad’s lucky socks?
Yes, you did, and now you’re apologizing my ear off
here’s what I don’t get
NOW you say that you’re sorry?
Why didn’t you say something three months ago when the stuff actually happen?
What’s with all the freaking procrastinating?

Amusement Park Gone Wrong

Groan!!!
Why do that?
Why didn’t I stay inside?
Why did I go on that roller coaster ride?

Groan!!!
It was all twisty turny
I think I lost my stomach
around the third loop
Now my insides feel
like mashed up chicken soup

Groan!!!
Now I’m leaning on my friends
the world all weird and swirly
Because that stupid ride was so freaking curvy

Groan!!!
I’m going to go home
And lie down for a while
As I wash down with water, the sour taste of bile

After... After... After

Waiting: Version 2

woke up that morning after a long night with little sleep. I brushed my hair and I ate my breakfast.  Then, after making sure my room was spic and span, I paced back and forth in front of the big window that my mom was cleaning after (and only after) she’d had her first cup of coffee.
  She turned to me and seeing my disappointed face she said,  “They’ll get here at nine o’clock.”
  “I know,”  I replied, looking up at her,  “But, I’ll be much happier after they get here.”
  Then, she nodded in acknowledgment, grabbed her cleaning materials, and continued scrubbing the windows.
  A little while later, after Mom had gone to get another cup of coffee, I resumed my pacing.
  Finally, after about thirty minutes, I settled down and had started scribbling in my sketchbook when I heard a honk outside.  I looked up and I grinned as I saw that my friends had finally arrived...

Names, Names, Names

Kinda Crazy Cognomen (That actually means name)

A breakfast joint:  Charisma Coffee Cafe
A new smartphone:  Smirking Smartphone
An eyeglasses store:  Fabulous Frames
A dog pound:  Puppies, pooches, and Poodles
A highway:  Harry Carry Highway
An island resort:  Rejuvenating Reprieve
A new constellation:  Catulous 
A pet polar bear:  Blizzard Bentley
A nail polish color:  Purple Pansy Perfection
A new butterfly species:  Libresence

After... After... After

Waiting: Version 2

After I woke up that morning after a long night with little sleep, I brushed my hair after I ate my breakfast.  Then, after making sure my room was spic and span, I paced back and forth in front of the big window that my mom was cleaning after she’d had her first cup of coffee.
  She turned to me and after seeing my face she said,  “They’ll get here after nine o’clock.”
  “I know,”  I replied after looking up at her,  “But, I’ll be much happier after they get here.”
  Then, after she nodded in acknowledgment, she grabbed her cleaning materials and continued scrubbing the windows.
  A little while later, after she’d gone to get another cup of coffee, I resumed my pacing.
  After a little while, I finally settled down and was scribbling in my sketchbook when I heard a honk outside.  AfterI looked up I grinned as I saw that my friends had...