~wildflower~

Loves music, nature, poetry, emotive writing, thinking
Passionate about the environment
pianist, Christian, tall
~in love with the stars~
Joined April 2020

Proud member of the (unofficial) AHPU (Abnormal-Height Peoples' Union)

Previously called ‘Daisy + Sage’
—————
“Not all those who wander are lost” - J.R.R. Tolkien
“You can choose to either see the weed or the wildflower”
“Somehow, after everything, she still bloomed I’m the way she was meant to” - Morgan Harper Nichols
—————
Favourite words: whisper, echo, amongst, wanderer, lost, forgotten, meadow, galaxy, stardust, wisp, sonder, luminescence, nubivagant, solivagant
—————
Review for review

Peer Reviews

The Beauty in You (Part 1)

Overall, this was a really captivating, well written story intro! You seem like a talented writer. Welcome to WtW! If you ever have any questions or want to chat, feel free to leave a comment on one of my pieces (this is how people communicate to each other here :) )

about 1 month

We Are Summer

You should be proud of the piece! The way you string words into descriptions and then weave those descriptions together is just beautiful - you are a great writer!

3 months

being

This is a very unique and great piece! I love how you used this format to explore the simple beauty of just living - it’s a really positive and under-explored topic and I congratulate you for tackling it so effortlessly. I really enjoyed reading this :)

3 months

Until the end... Love Bonnie

PROMPT: Letter Writing Competition 2020

I also have to say that I absolutely love the ending!! It was so creative to add in another mini letter at the end and was just heartbreaking! This was a great idea!

3 months

Feed the flames of your burning beauty

I am in awe of this piece. Wow - you are an incredibly talented writer.

3 months

the storm the forecast had predicted | a portrait of a stormy sea

I really liked this! The descriptions are very vivid and clear, and how have created a nice image! p.s I was kind of nervous about writing this review as I have barely any knowledge of this format. So if it’s not very good, that’s why :)

4 months

You did not paint with blues//edited/hopefully improved//

I only just read your footnote about blue representing truth. That’s rest! The way that you wove in all of these other meaning with the colour is fantastic. I love this so much and I hope that I will be able to write this well some day! P.S I’m obsessed with your titles! They all seem to be so beautiful and captivating and fit the pieces so perfectly! I’m not sure why or how but, honestly, I hadn’t really read much of your work until now... and I regret it. You are a truly talented writer and I’m definitely going to keep an eye out for your new pieces from now on! <33

4 months

Writing Streak Week 13 Day 3

I really like this piece. You used nice imagery throughout and the tone shift from laid-back and calm to edgy at the end (sorry about my sub-optimal describing words for tone!) was very effective. Well done!

4 months

Writing Streak Week 13 Day 1

Sorry I haven’t got that much constructive criticism for you on this one. Overall, I just really like this piece! It’s written in a light-hearted and whimsical way, but also explores some interesting topics and inner-battles. I think the tone this presents is so effective because it delivers the message powerfully, not by using complicated words and heaps of figurative language or pushing it upon the reader in an imposing way, but, rather invites them gently into the mind of the narrator. Very well done!

4 months

Dear Emily

Just look over the highlighted parts. I also love how you only revealed how Emily died at the end. It subtly builds a little suspense and adds another great layer to the story, creating a gripping mood of angst and regret mixed in with all the sorrow. This really leaves an impact on readers at the end. Good job! I’m excited to read more of your work!!

4 months

Please don't ever change

I haven’t written many reviews before so sorry if this is more of a proofread than a review! I hope it can still be somewhat helpful :)

5 months

For me, love isn't a round trip in rocket ship.

I really like this piece, and can definitely relate to it. Well done! Also, thank you for liking my pieces and following me! I appreciate your support.

5 months

A long winter, and the coming of dawn.

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2020

6 months