amazing grace

Christ is the way!!
Prayer Warrior
Writer
Poet
Songwriter
Psalms 19:14
lover of books
girl
daydreamer
social misfit (and proud of it)

So...I hope to be published some day, but I still have a long way to go.

Be sure to check out my series, The Girl Of Summer, C.R.U.S.H., agent files, Sea Shells And Glass Bottles. If you want me to notify you when a new chapter comes out please comment.

I liked the idea of a grab bag so here's mine:
January Grab Bag
#1: If you could live in any book world which would it be? Write a short story about your time there.
#2: A list of books you could read over and over again.
#3: What would it be like to switch bodies with your best friend? Short story
#4 A poem about two things that are opposite.
#5 Write about a weird experience you had once.
I would love to see what you write.
Don't be afraid to ask for a review. :)

Inventory

nikki

Name: Nikki

Age: 15

Gender: Girl

Backpack:
Some waded up cash, a extra T-shirt, Hair dye, a map of Montana, a ad for cheap hotel, a bus ticket, a unfinished letter to her little brother.

Oh, how I will miss you

you never realize how much you will miss
someone until you have to say goodbye
how much it meant when you hugged and kissed
but now all you do is cry

so i say i won't ever forget
just what you mean to me
and i am willing to bet
you will do the same thing

so brison johnson i will miss you
until we meet again
there is nothing you could do
to keep me from being your friend

even though we part for now
i simply ask 
remember the ups and downs
this is your only task

maybe on day we will meet again
it being God's will
and be more then friends
because nothing could ever kill
what i feel 
so don't forget, and maybe one day
i'll come back around like a ferris wheel
and who knows what we will say

Novel Writing Competition 2020

Sewer Rats

I wake with a start. The Device on my neck gives me a shock, telling me it's time for my shift. As my eyes get used to the darkness  I see another girl next to me. I live down here in what would be considered the sewers. This is where they put all the kids that don't have parents anymore. No one Above, that's what we call the real world, even knows we exist. The government takes a kid whose parents are no more, and shoves 'em down here with the rest of us. Some of us can't even remember the light of day. Our numbers have been growing in the past weeks, which only shows signs of unrest from the world above, but still its got to be better than down here.

After another jolt from my tracker, I know that if I don't hurry punishment will be knocking at my door. Quickly, I rush to put on my...

The Truth

In the beginning God created everything. He made animals and plants, the sky and the seas. But He created humans in His own image. Everything was good.

But then sin came into the world. Sin is everything we do wrong, and when we know something is right but don't do it anyway. And the reason this is bad is because God is perfect, and just, so He can't be with sin. You might think of this as wrong, but if you just bought a $100 white shirt and saw one of your friends all muddy would you want to hug them? It's sort of like that.

Luck for us though, God sent His only son, Jesus, down to earth. Jesus was fully man and fully God. He lived a perfect life, never sinning once. Then He was killed on a cross for our sins. He did what we could never do. Because the Bible says "For the wages of sin...

a true story about me

this is a true unedited story about me. 

i grew up in a christian family. we went to church every time we could, in fact i can remember very few sundays where we didn't attend, and that was only because someone was sick. i was never a really bad kid, but i still sinned. 

the summer after forth grade i went to church camp. the on that first night i heard the gospel and i just knew that it was the truth. i went up to one of the sponsors who lead m to Jesus. it didn't matter what i had done in the past, but the fact that i put my faith in Jesus. 

two years later i was called to missions. i had always known that this was what God had for me. of course i still sin but when i do it's covered by Jesus.

if you have any questions about this feel free to ask in...

WtW descriptions (idea from madeline3.14159)

#1: I picture her with straight blond hair that falls to her shoulders. She is one of those people that never feels rushed, and is always super calm about everything. She'll never freak out and you feel like you can go to her with any of your problems. Also I feel like she would be super into music from like the 70s or 80s just to be different.

#2: I picture her with wavy brown hair that reaches her waist. She is super outgoing and will talk to anyone, but she's sweet and doesn't get in people's faces. She keeps her writing away from her family, because she doesn't know what they'll think. She loves to read, and is super smart. She has a bit of a prankster in her, but doesn't always show it. She wouldn't what to hurt anyone, but never minds a joke. 

#3: I picture her as having wavy black hair and green eyes. She has...

Novel Writing Competition 2020

Sewer Rats

I wake with a start. The tracker on my neck gives me a shock, telling me it's time for my shift. As my eyes get used to the darkness  I see another girl next to me. I live down here in what would be considered the sewers. This is where they put all the kids that don't have parents anymore. No one above, that's what we call the real world, even knows we exist. The government takes a kid whose parents are no more, and shoves 'em down here with the rest of us. Some of us can't even remember the light of day. Our numbers have been growing in the past weeks, which only shows signs of unrest from the world above.

After another jolt from my tracker I know that if I don't hurry punishment will be knocking at my door. Quickly I rush to put on my set of day clothes. brown pants that only reach my...

Ever Changing 3 chapter - the first

The first visit to a new church is always a really awkward day. No one in your family is really sure what's going on, you meet like a million people, and you have a lot of waiting. At least that's what it was like this time.

That morning I arrived with the rest of my family in my sunday best. Now I'm not one of those girls that loves make-up, or wears nice clothes everyday, I'm more of a what I like kinda girl. But on sundays I do where something nice, my mom picks it out, but that's only because I have no since of style. This sunday I was wearing a long skirt and a solid colored shirt that matched.

The only reason I know this church is because this is where my family used to come for christmas eve service. Other than that it's mostly foreign to me. I only half way know what the plan...

Novel Writing Competition 2020

Sewer Rats

I wake with a start. The tracker on my neck gives me a shock telling me it's time for my shift. As my eyes get used to the darkness down here I see another girl next to me. I live down here in what would be considered the sewers. This is where they put all the kids that don't have parents anymore. No one above, that's what we call the real world, even knows we exist. The government takes a kid whose parents are no more, and shoves 'em down here with the rest of us. Some of us can't even remember the light of day. Our numbers have been growing in the past weeks, which only shows signs of unrest from above.

After another jolt from my tracker I know that if I don't hurry punishment is knocking at my door. Quickly I rush to put on my set of day clothes. brown pants that only reach my mid...

November Grab Bag

Watch

Watch and wait as the world moves round
you do  your best not to make a sound
As you hang from this tree upside down
Hoping to never hit the ground

Watch the people all pass by
some with smiles while others cry
You wish you'd never said goodbye
'Cause when you did a little part of you would die

Watch as you life moves so fast
You don't have a second to think about the past
As you realize you have no cash
Your angry burns with a bash.

Novel Writing Competition 2020

Sewer Rats

Ever Changing chapter 2 - the announcement

I walk into the youth building that only two years ago I found so strange, now I can't imagine any place more home like. I know that tonight the youth will find out what I already dread. The fact that we're moving still plagues my mind. I take my seat, and watch the other youth go about their day not knowing just how much things were about to change. 

I do my best to make it through the night without showing any sign of change, and some how I do. This is all moving so fast. I just think how only two days ago I thought I had three more years here before heading of. But now I know that there are only a few weeks that stand between me and a new church, new house, new people, and a new life all together. It's funny how quickly life can change. 

After my dad gives his sermon, I sit there...

Ever Changing chapter 1 - the news

"We need to talk," My dad says.

We all gather out in the living room. None of us fully know what's going on, but having been through this before we have an idea of what's happening. I sit down on the couch, next to my mom but still far enough away to avoid touching anyone. I stare at my dad who refuses to promise to my little brother that we aren't moving again. 

After a talk and a few tears shed, I head outside. In the cold crisp air I'm reminded just how much I didn't want this to happen. It being my sophomore year I was really hoping to not have to move until I went off to college. But my wish didn't come true. This means a whole new restart. Sure I don't have a lot of friends here, but I had started one, maybe? I would be leaving behind the boy, I have a crush on, who...

Speechwriting Competition 2020

Our oceans and how to save them

In 2006 we lost one of the most beautiful creatures to ever live, the baiji. The Baiji was a sleek white dolphin that lived in the Yangtze. It was lost to overfishing, which is where to many fish are caught. It sounds harmless, but when you take into account that this means the fact that if there aren't enough fish in the ocean, and the fact that we are taking away fish from dolphins and whales.

At first this isn't a huge deal, a few extra fish here and there isn't the problem. The problem starts when a lot of fishermen do this year after year after year. When this happens the fish population doesn't ever have a chance to recover. 

And overfishing also means more fishing. Think about it if each time a fishermen cast in his net he caught ten fish, and he cast it in ten times he would have one hundred fish. If he was only...

Speechwriting Competition 2020

Our oceans and how to save them

In 2006 we lost one of the most beautiful creatures to ever live, the baiji. The Baiji was a sleek white dolphin that lived in the Yangtze. It was lost to overfishing, which is where to many fish are caught. It sounds harmless, but when you take into account that this means the fact that if there aren't enough fish in the ocean than those fish can't reproduce enough fish, and the fact that we are taking away fish from dolphins and whales.

And overfishing also means more fishing. Think about it if each time a fishermen cast in his net he caught ten fish, and he cast it in ten times he would have...

My talk with my sister about my wedding (that's isn't happening for years)

My sister: Soooo let's talk about your wedding.

Me: um, okay. Well than who am I marring? 

No one's good enough for you.

Thanks, but then why are we talking about my wedding?

Because you're gonna get married.

But you just said no one's good enough for me?

yeah, no one is.

Okay? Well, I already know what I want my dress to look like.

Oh, so do I. It's going to be a floor length...

Wait hold up, this is MY wedding

Yeah but I'm planning it.

No you're really not.

Um, yes I am

NO! there are only two people who get a say in this. Me and the groom.

(storms off and says that she's not coming, but then changes her mind)

How would your books describe you?

1: Mine would say that I flip-flop a lot because I'll start a book then stop and read another then read more of the first one and so on.

2: I get way to attached to the characters. I am guilty of falling in love with book characters it's true.

3: If I find something I like I'll read it again and again.

4: I think that if some book is popular it's too good to be true. (harry potter, the twilight zone)

5: I read a big book and want to write one just as big.

6: I get lost in the worlds.

7: I wish I could draw people in like the author does, even though I get drawn in when there isn't even a plot yet.

8: I know that there isn't much a point of watching the movie because it's not going to be as good.

All the same inside

Just look past the outside 
and see what's in
We're not that different
oh where do I begin

We all have skin 
and breathe oxygen 
We all Have blood
that flows in us
We all breathe air
And we should all care

There's nothing really different 
about you and me
there's nothing really different
as far as I can see

So when you find a real difference
come find me
because there is no difference
and that's the key

Dust Jacket

100 followers!!!!!!!!!!!

Dust Jacket

1: Q: What is your favorite genre to write? 
A: Really I like writing almost all genres, but I would have to say that my favorite is realistic fiction or fantasy.
  2: Q: What is your favorite genre to read? 
A: Right now I'm going through a historical fiction phase.
  3: Q: What draws you to the WtW community? 
A: Just the feeling that people read what I write, and when they comment or review they aren't just being nice because they are my family. :D
  4: Q: What do you find most challenging about writing?
A: Finishing a story, I really have a hard time sticking to the same thing. 
  5: Q: Most exhilarating?  
A: the fact that I can go anywhere, and do anything.
  6: Q: What is one goal that you have for yourself while here? 
A: To improve my writing.
What's in a name

1: Q: Were you named after someone? ...

“Take Off Your Shoes, This is My House”

Be still and know (review for review)

'Be still and know'
I've heard said time and time again
but I find it hard to know when
I should get up and go

'Be still and know'
I'm told as I wait
still I tend to complicate 
Every although 

'Be still and know'
Is something I try to do
But still I trip and fall into you
And scream "no"

'Be still and know'
i repeat to myself
Even though I'm away on a shelf
and will stay there forever unknown

When you leave

When you leave next spring/ I will cry my heart out on the inside but not care on the outside/ When you leave/ the dreams of you will increase/ in amount and romance/ when you leave I will write about you more then I already do/ When you leave I will wonder what you thought of me and if you think of me/ when you leave life will seem duller and not as funny/ When you leave I won't say goodbye because I don't want there to be one/ when you leave I will count the days till I might join you at college/ when you leave/ I will think of you everyday with great sorrow/ how romeo longed for juliette I will long for you/

Storm

I hear the rain come down
the thunder crash and boom
The wind blow 
And the trees rustle
It's raining outside
while I sit here warm
There is a hard storm

C.R.U.S.H. chpt. 2

check out chapter one here: 
    I wake up the next morning, saturday morning. today I get to met the rest of the C.R.U.S.H. team. i'm going to sleep over a their headquarters a.k.a Lena's house. I leave the house a early as possibly without it seeming odd. I do my best to follow the weird instructions that Lena gave me. First I cross the street, then have a series of lefts and rights, after that I walk until I see a pond, then for some reason I'm supposed to get in the pond (I don't) then I finally arrive. "Hey, this is the house across the street from mine," I say.
    The door opens and Lena sticks her head out. "I know, but we had to keep it a secret and make sure no boys were following you."
    "Um, okay?"
    "Come in." She says grabbing me by the hand a pulling me in, she doesn't...

C.R.U.S.H. chpt. 2

"Um, okay?"
    "Come in." She says grabbing me by the hand a pulling me in, she doesn't stop almost dragging me until...

Braces

Braces, oh braces how I can't stand thee
Your just so annoying and painful
There's a whole list of stuff I can't eat because of you
and just think I wear you when I graduate 

How come my teeth couldn't have come in straight
instead of having to be poked and poked
Why do I have to have a small mouth 
Why do my teeth have to be pulled

Why can't I have dorrito's or fritos or tortilla chips
Just one taco would be nice
But no I have to be deprived of every sweet 
Instead on having messed up teeth

Tom

Elsia ran to the edge of the dock and almost jumped in, she was so excited to see Tom. Tom, her brother, had been away for so long fighting in world war two, but now that the war was over he was home. hugging him she let out quiet sobs of joy into his jacket, and breathed in his smell. But something was different, he didn't hug back at first, she knew that it was the effect of the war, and he might never return to the Tom she had once known.

"My Heart is Like"

My heart

My heart is like a river 
flowing with out a stop
sometimes it twist
and other times it drops
It can be cold 
or nice and hot
Still it's a ride this is what my heart is like on the inside

Agent files chapter 1 (Fan fiction? clue secrets and spies)

Head master Orange sat at her desk staring down at the files in front of her. As always the old class of spies had just retired, and the new class would be entering later that day. The difference was this time she had lost all her spies due to a compromise that had accrued, well except for her best spy agent black, but still he was gone too he was looking to 'settle down' as he called it. Knowing she had to get this work done sooner or later she opened up the first file sitting on her desk.

It was a profile of one of the new agents coming in from the academy. Agent Scarlet was her code name. In this picture she wore the typical training outfit, some jeans and a dressy-but-not-to-dressy shirt. Her hair fell her back and stopped half way looking like a brown waterfall. She had shown extreme skill in the combat portion of the...

Welcome fall

Welcome fall, and autumn leaves
Welcome to all colors of trees
Welcome cinnamon and pumpkin spice
You all just smell so nice

I feel the world get colder
as the leaves colors get bolder

It's the perfect time to cuddle up
With your hot coco in a cup
Just sit on the couch and relax
Letting go of troubling facts

Time for jackets and fresh baked pie
pumpkins and hay rides

The sweet things of fall are here once more
It's practically at our door
So we welcome it in with joy
 each girl and boy

Life

Do you ever just feel stuck
Like theres nowhere to go
Your life has run a muck
And left you far from home

But still you dare to hope, still you dare to dream
You try and pretend it's just a ripped seam

But deep down you know
There is no going back
It's something you can't fix or sew
and that's just a fact.

How to (not) get over your sister also being a writer

1: Don't read anything she writes

2: Don't tell her about WtW.

3: Don't let her read what you write

4: Don't tell her any story ideas

5: Don't tell her your writing goals

6: Wait??? Do read what she writes. After all you share a common interest

7: Encourage her to share her writings. After all you like sharing yours don't you??

8: Read to her what you write and help her with hers

9: Maybe don't always tell her your story ideas (she might steal them)

10: Tell her your writing goals and hold her to hers.

If my life were a movie (based on the piece from Beth R.)

If my life were a movie it would be rated G for some theatrical elements. 
It would be a musical comedy with a little bit of fantasy for all the time I spend in my head.
Most people would leave in the middle, and a lot would be confused (I know I am sometimes)
I would want a happy ending, but it would be my happy ending not anyone else's idea of what a happy ending is. And the main character wouldn't even be me.

Apartments

Nick dropped his duffel bag with sigh. This wasn't the first time his family had moved and he knew it wouldn't be the last. After all when your dad owns apartment buildings all over the state of new york and has to change the building he lives in every few months. He ran his fingers through his blond hair. His dad had said this would be the last time, but he knew it wasn't true. Having only lived in Albany for a few weeks.

Middle school had already started a whole seven weeks ago, all the friendships would already be set in stone. He knew that it was going to be at least one maybe two months before he even had someone who would talk to him, and that was if he was lucky. 

The only bright side to this was that at the last house he had to share a room with his dad, at least here it was...

Hay

Guinea Pig: Is your guinea pig looking depressed? Are his teeth getting too long? then you need herbert's hay the best hay for guinea pigs...

Horse: What do you mean for guinea pigs? Herbert's hay is for big strong horses like me..

Man: No, no, no, you've got it all wrong Herbert's hay is for my house. I just love the smell of it.

Horse: no, I'm telling you it's for horses if it wasn't why would it come in bales so big that I'm the only on who can reach them?

Guinea Pig: If it wasn't for guinea pigs then why does it help us keep our teeth under control?

Man: If it isn't for my house then why do I like the smell of it? (takes a whiff of hay) Achoo.

(Three keep on arguing)

Sales Person: Herbert's hay is for all creatures and things, and you can get yours today at any street corner in Waferville. And...

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2020

My life

God my foundation
God my salvation
With me through all my troubles
My joy and my struggles
I pray to you now
Through every up and down
You are always with me even in the raging sea
Even in the desert sand
You love me where I am

Historical Fiction Competition 2020

The diary of Maria Shortt (final)

North Carolina 

Dear Diary,
    I put you together, out of some old paper scraps, to keep my secrets from Mama. The truth is Mama can't stand workin' class, but I don't think they're that different from us. In fact if I ever meet one I wouldn't ignore them like the other rich girls do, but I'd like to talk to them, get to know them after all they're people. I tell you Mama would kill me if she read what I just wrote, that's why your hidden.
    Mama, Gretchen and I have an outing later, for some new cloths, it's not to far from the poor section of town. I'm hopen' to be able to sneak away for a bit. Because I really haven't had much adventure, and at seventeen (almost eighteen) I haven't got much time left before Mama and Papa are going to make me settle down. Really this should be rather...

Writing about...

A poem of stuff I don't really know
mostly I'm stuck my writing won't flow

My sister's busy and my brother is annoying
I guess mostly this writers block is just so boring

My parents want to read my diary
But I tell them it's just boring stuff about me

my hands smell like cake from helping out my mom
Honestly I don't know how this day went so wrong 

The difference between a journal and a diary (my own little rant)

1: a journal can be a record for anything you think or see or write, a diary is just for events. Like you could write a poem in a journal, but not in a diary.

2: A journal can be for boys and girls a diary is just for girls. (even though some would argue that a diary is for girls and a journal is just for boys)

3: A journal can have drawings in it, a diary can not.

4: A diary always has to be written like a letter, a journal can be written however you want.

5: A journal is something you can carry with you, a diary you just keep hidden all the time.

6: A journal you can keep little treasures in (such as leaves, postcards, pieces of fabric, etc.) a diary is just for writing.

7: A journal can be whatever you want, a diary has to be done a certain way.

siblings?

(her)

how can this be true? 
i never would have guessed

(him)

i don't know what to do
i tried my very best

(both)

this is the lowest point
i guess it's like an aching joint

(her)

we felt so close
but were ripped apart

(him)

just goes to show
that you should be careful who you let into your heart

(both)

siblings shouldn't be a thing
as much as that diamond ring

(her)

we fought we loved
until we heard

(him)
that it would never be enough
with that word

(both)

our love won't be the same
it never will
but maybe we won't cave
just be still

Historical Fiction Competition 2020

The diary of Maria Shortt (final)

North Carolina 

Dear Diary,
    I put you together, out of some old paper scraps, to keep my secrets from Mama. The truth is Mama can't stand workin' class, but I don't think they're that different from us. In fact if I ever meet one I wouldn't ignore them like the other rich girls do, but I'd like to talk to them, get to know them after all they're people. I tell you Mama would kill me if she read what I just wrote, that's why I'm keepn' you hidden away.
    Mama, Gretchen and I have an outing later, for some new cloths, it's not to far from the poor section of town. I'm hopen' to be able to sneak away for a bit. Because I really haven't had much adventure, and at seventeen (almost eighteen) I haven't got much time left before Mama and Papa are going to make me settle down. Really this...

The Princess Servant (review for review) draft #1

"Annie," I hear called and I know that it's the princess calling me. After all I am her loyal servant. I don't mind this, in fact I enjoy being her servant, but I just have to constantly be on my feet. "I need you to bring me my hair brush." 

I head down the hall into the closet that contains all of her stuff. Then a hear something behind me, it's almost like a muffled scream. I quickly rush in only to see my brother with his hand covering the princess Trish's mouth. Before I can do anything he stabs her. "No," I say to myself, it's all I can muster to say.

Before I can do or say anymore my brother is gone. I grab Trish's wrist, but there's no heartbeat. She's gone, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. I rush of to get someone, anyone. When I return with help I realize that I'm...

Historical Fiction Competition 2020

The diary of Maria Shortt (final)

North Carolina 

Dear Diary,
    I put you together, out of some old paper scraps, to keep my secrets from mama. The truth is Mama can't stand the common folk or workin' class, but I don't think they're that different from us. In fact if I ever meet one I wouldn't ignore them like the other rich girls do, but rather I'd like to talk to them, get to know them after all they are people. Well I tell you Mama would kill me if she read what I just wrote, that's why I'm gonna keep you hidden away.
    Mama, Gretchen and I have an outing later, it's not to far from the poor section of town. I'm hopen' to be able to sneak away for a bit. Because I really haven't had much adventure, and at seventeen (almost eighteen) I haven't got much time left before Mama and Papa are going to make me...

Sea Shells and Glass Bottles chpt 1

Ruth walked towards the beach. It was covered in a soft glow this morning from the rising sun. With her long wavy dark hair flapping, like a pirates flag, in the wind, and her bare feet making their way across the rocks on the shore line she thought of how so many times she had come here like this. But then an un-welcomed thought crept in, and she remember all the times here with Joshua. Of course this wasn't the unpleasant thought, but rather the though that she might never make memories like that again. 
    She thought back to mere days before when she had heard the news. The news that he was gone. The police had tried, but couldn't find a trace of him. Few suspected he was still even alive. It had been the worst day of her life. Sure there had never been anything romantic between them, but a best friend is a...

C.R.U.S.H. chpt. 1

As I walk down the hall I happen to notice that Jake Martin is staring at me. I see his gray eyes staring right at me, as if to look into my very soul. He runs his finger through his blond shaggy hair, cut just the way I happen to like. Even though he's only wearing jeans and a loose T-shirt I can tell he knows that it's totally working. What am i saying? This is Jake Martin I'm thinking about, he would never even glance at me, let alone like me. right? 
     Quickly, before something happens that makes this even more confusing, I rush into the bathroom. I know I have to figure this out, I don't want to be that girl in the corner who never knows anything about crushes. I see that it's empty, and know that it's safe to stay out in front of the mirrors. "Okay," I tell myself, putting my...

The Girl of Summer: chapter one (Serena)

Finally, I think to myself, it feels like I've been in that ice block forever. Slowly I climb out. The first thing I do is hug my arms around me, I'm so cold, but that's what I get for being cursed I guess. glancing up at the calendar, and see that it's April fifth. huh this is later than I usually wake up. I guess it must have been a late spring.
     By now you probably are wanting some background, so I guess it couldn't hurt to give it to you. Hi I'm Serena wind, and yes what I said early is true I have been cursed by a witch. The curse is that wherever I am the moment the first snowflake falls I turn to ice. Of course this can be a real inconvenience especially considering the fact that I don't wake up till spring, so you can just call me your groundhog. Before you asked no,...

The Girl of Summer: prologue (new series)

snow in summer is not something i like
it's something that does not seem right
when down from the sky falls those little flakes
all i can think about is the warm it takes
of course it does not happen here
but i know that when it comes time for the cold of the year
snow will fall and i will freeze
right back up as i do with ease 
of course i do not try to let this be
but this is my reality
i am the girl of summer it is quite a curse
of course you couldn't know that it's the worst 
but be this my fate as it may
i will return one spring day

Run

I watch my brother as he runs. I don't really know what to do. Is he running from me or family? Is he running from fear or pressure? Maybe if he knew what he was running away from I could help, but I'm helpless now. I just sit on the porch in the rain knowing he's not coming back.

Oceans

I look out and the ocean and see
that it is so beautiful and can't bare
to leave it after all it holds the key
to my heart that I hold with care

A series of short stories of my hopeless dreams; 2

Today Maria simply wants to live in the early 1900s she just wants to go back to when life seemed simplier. It wouldn't matter if she was rich or poor, just the fact that she lived then would be enough.

Sean on the run

NOOOOOOO, sean screamed silently. as he watched his father's priceless watch fall into the watery depths. He knew there would be no forgiveness for this, he had already done so much that this would be the last straw. Of course Sean knew that running off would be better than facing his father. And that's just what he did.

A series of short stories of my hopeless dreams; 1

Maria stares at James longingly. She hopes that one day his brown eyes will return this look. But she knows that her crush is nothing but hopes and dreams that will soon be dashed; after all he has friends, where as she is a social outcast. Why would he bother to notice her? 

He has that perfect redish-brown curly hair, where as she only has plane brown hair that she can't control. He has a outgoing personality, but she is stuck with her introverted self. 

Maria knows nothing will ever come of this, but still she hopes.

the world of my mind

i sit in a world of my mind
but still when i wake
the world has been stripped away
and left me with nothing

the dreams are so much better
but reality knocks
i don't wish to wake
but i must

still part of me will always stay 
in the land of my mind
and yet i can't live there
even though this world isn't the same
without that world
i will press on

Farewell for now

Farewell for now I say
But I will come back another day
I don't know why
I say goodbye
But still I leave
With a sigh and heave
But I will return at sometime
When I have another rhyme

My...

My sister is blasting her music
My brother bugging me again and again
My Mother telling me all my chores
My father going 'okay now lets clam down'

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Longing

The young, black bear cub climbed higher, hoping to be spot his mother. He tried not to make even the slightest rustle from dread of what might be listening. His vision quickly blurred with tears. He had been chased this far, and his mother was driven in the opposite direction by the very same kind of vile creature that was stalking him now. Fear overcame him, and he let out a cry for help. The help never came, though, just a bullet to his heart. 

Dead.

Killed by what had caused him to long...

...to long for his mother.

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Longing

The black bear cub climbed higher, hoping to be able to spot his mother from here. He tried not to make even the slightest rustle for fear of what might be listening. He had been chased this far, and his mother had been driven in the opposite direction by the very same vile creature that was stalking him now. The fear and anxiety completely overcame him, and he let out a cry for help. The help never came, though, just a bullet to his heart. 

Dead.

...to long for his mother.

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Longing

Dead.

...to long for his mother.

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Longing

Dead.

...to long for his mother.

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Longing

The black bear cub climbed higher, hoping to be able to spot his mother from here. He tried not to make even the slightest rustle for fear of what might be listening. He had been chased this far, and his mother driven in the opposite direction by the very same vile creature that was stalking him now. The fear and anxiety completely overcame him, and he let out a cry for help. The help never came, though, just a bullet to his heart. 

Dead.

...to long for his mother.

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Longing

The black bear cub climbed higher, hoping to be able to spot his mother from here. He didn't dare make a sound for fear of what might hear him. He had been chased this far, and his mother driven in the opposite direction by the very same vile creature that was stalking him now. The fear and anxiety completely overcame him, and he let out a cry for help. The help never came, though, just a bullet to his heart. 

Dead.

...to long for his mother.

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Longing

The bear cub climbs higher, hoping to be able to spot his mother from here. He didn't dare make a sound. He had been chased this far, and his mother driven in the opposite direction by the very same thing that was stalking him now. The fear and anxiety completely overcame him, and he let out a holler for help. The help never came though, just a bullet to his heart. 

Dead.

...to long for his mother.

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Longing

Dead.

...to long for his mother.

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

Longing

The bear cub climbs higher, hoping to be able to spot his mother from here. Not daring to make a sound. He had been chased this far, and his mother farther in the opposite direction. Then fear, and anxiety over came him, and he let out a holler for help. The help never came, just a bullet to his heart. 

Dead.

...to long for his mother.

rain change

pitter patter i hear the rain
and know nothing is the same
cause like after a  big rain storm
i have come out beaten and worn
who know when i will be put back together
from the damage caused by the harsh weather
like i said things are different now
though i don't know why or how
just they have changed and won't go back 
they will forever live in the past

Synapses

Hit the Ground Running short story- running away from what?

for this prompt do a short story based on what you think when you hear these words "Hit the ground running" you don't have to say these  words in your story, but it should be about what you think this phrase means. It can be whatever you want there is no right or wrong here. wether it be you think of someone doing something without thinking or being dropped out of the sky and running. Just have fun with it. 

70 followers!!

70 followers to thank
for making my five month on here so great
i wish i could do a contest or Q &A 
but sadly I can't at least not today

so i write a short poem just to say thanks 
to all 70 of you for being so great

Little Ruth is Gone

Ruth my girl I miss you so
In fact I never wanted to let you go
But now it seems we're at a cross road
Because I'm still here and you're with the angels and snow

You will never leave our hearts
But I feel like I've been shot with a million darts
Or like I've been torn apart 
The pain I feel is deep, but not dark

Only a few months ago you appeared 
At that time you had no fear
You were the sweetest little dear
And you will never completely leave here

'Gone, but not forgotten' I've heard people say
And I know get why since you have gone away
It only seems fitting I find out on a rainy day
Yet my insides still decay 

You used to climb in my lap everywhere I sat
All in all you were my favorite cat
The way you prepared to chase a rat
Oh how I miss that
...

Ruth

It happened so fast, you were just scared, I would have been too. only days ago we were having fun, laughing, playing, talking, but now all that's gone. Just one small kitten against the world. A lawnmower is the cause, a stray is the result, I guess it doesn't matter why or how, just that, that you ran away. I know you may not come back, in fact odds aren't in my favor, but i hope you do someday. 

I love you Ruth

Letter Writing Competition 2020

dear daniel...

Dear Daniel,
    I hope this finds you if not for your sake then mine. These are new thoughts to me as I know they are to you too. I was shocked when my Mother and Father told me that you were going to be my brother. I mean before I found out about this adoption I didn't even know about poverty. My parents had kept that part of the world concealed it from me for my whole thirteen years of life. Just the mer thought of you suffering in south america is tormenting my very soul. I know that soon there will be rejoicing when you come home, I only hope it is enough to erase the sorrow of your past. 
    I suppose now that you have some amount of grasp on my situation I should inquire about your point of view. My mother tells me that you like to sing, well i promise you that...

#allinnowin results

thanks to everyone who entered my contest, you all did great. if you want to check out another contest i'm doing one that will last all summer.

results:

GRAND: Chloe :) <3

prompt 1:

1st: Samina

2nd: Ollie Octopus

3rd: lindsmariebuck

prompt 2: 
i only got three enters so i just did a first place

1st: Just_A_Memory

prompt 3:

also only did first

1st: Coolgirl2020

prompt 4:

1st: Ollie Octopus

2nd: Charisse Marison

3rd: Jason_claire:)

congrats to everyone who entered!!

fantasy

a crystal ball to see the future 
a wand to change it
a wizard to teach me spells for it
a dragon to guard treasure in it
a caldron to mix a potion that will change the past

A father-son love

Love. it was humanity's downfall and then... its savior.  
It all started with a boy and his father. They were the rulers of their land, the beloved royal family. Every year, the crops would flourish, the devastating storms narrowly miss the kingdom, the wars that raged on stayed distant into the far off lands. And so, the citizens threw massive, beautiful festivals and parties all to celebrate and thank their dear king and his son. Because they came when the people were in need. They made it rain so the crops may grow. They used their sorcery to fend off the devastating storms. They threatened the lives of any tyrant that sought to invade their land.  
The people adored them. The ladies (and men) of the kingdom threw themselves at the prince and king, hoping to win their hearts. And they were always - always - kindly cast aside with the words "my family is all I need, romance isn't for me"...

Jesus's hands and feet (compassion child) read foot note first

there's a little girl somewhere 
and she thinks no one cares
she's just alone
without any home
she's fighting for herself
unlike anyone else
she's out there hungry 
but we think it's funny

i wanna be Jesus's hands and feet
in a world full of need
cause they need to see
us being Jesus's hands and feet

there's a little boy un-feed
no place to lay his head
just praying for his next meal
hoping it's something real

i wanna be Jesus's hands and feet
in a world full of need 
cause they need to see
us being Jesus's hands and feet

Food Writing Competition 2020

the world in a pie

As my mother hands me the recipe I can tell it means a lot to her. I understand why, this recipe is from her side of the family. I don't know how far back it could have come from. As far as I know, it could have come over from Italy with her grandparents. I know that my mom holds on to this piece of her family so much, and it means a lot passing this down to me.

This means a lot to me too, after all it's my family too. I hope that I can do this today. I know there isn't a lot of pressure for this, but i put it on myself.

Once it's in my hands I can feel the power surging through me, the power of my family that has put so much into this. This is a big moment for me, it will be the first time to combine recipes. My dad's side...

#allinnowin results

results:

GRAND: Chloe :) <3

prompt 1:

1st: Samina

2nd: Ollie Octopus

3rd: lindsmariebuck

prompt 2: 

1st: Just_A_Memory

prompt 3:

also only did first

1st: Coolgirl2020

prompt 4:

1st: Ollie Octopus

2nd: Charisse Marison

3rd: Jason_claire:)

congrats to everyone who entered!!

Writing Streak Challenge Week 10

writing streak 10

DAY 1: 
i sit by the window, not really doing anything. just looking out into space, thinking about nothing. then a humming bird flies up. this is no surprise since there is a feeder there. it flaps its wings so fast i can hear the hum. zipping towards the feeder it pauses to get a drink. sticking its beak in for just a second i know it likes it. twice more it does this before humming of into the woods.

DAY 2:

slowly i open up the book. i' don't know what i will find inside, but i know it will be good. there's a world just waiting i know it. a world full of mystery and adventure. how can it be mine to know. this is what i love, this is what i cherish. i don't know why others can't see the beauty of it. opening a book is so wonderful. how  could you say no?

DAY3:

i...

week 10 day 5

i watch a kitten run through the grass, another one attacks it playfully. a third takes a nap in the bed. number four is eating, and finally five just follows mama around.

week 10 day 4

i hear my sister turing over cards for her game, my brother in the back watching TV. for me this is the best way to wake up, in the quiet of having nothing to do. opening my eyes i see the sun beams across my bed, and know it's going to be a great day.

Food Writing Competition 2020

the world in a pie

ATTENTION

so i notice that there are some series on here, and i would like to do one. i just have on small question about this. what genre would you like the most?

here's a list of some:

-mystery
-sci fic
-fantasy 
-historical fic
-humor 
- fanfic
-romance
-realistic fiction

please vote and i will start in about a week.

week 10 day 3

i sit in a field that's wide and open, it has nothing as far as you can see. i'm  right in the middle of a group of trees in the center of this field, around them is nothing but dirt. this is the only spot with grass. i know that my alone time will be no more very soon as i can faintly hear the loud door to my house opening, but for now i just stay there and watch the clouds roll by.

week 10 day 2

Food Writing Competition 2020

the world in a pie

As my mother hands me the recipe I can tell it means a lot to her. I get why, this recipe is from her side of the family. I don't know how far back it could have come from. As far as I know it could have come over from italy with her grandparents. Even though her family wasn't very good, i know she holds on to this piece of it.

this means a lot to me too, after all it's my family too. i hope that i can do this today. i know there isn't a lot of pressure for this, but i put it on myself.

Once it's in my hands i can almost feel the power surging through me. This will be the first time to combine recipes. my dad's side, from Germany, will provide the filling to this pecan pie. My mom's side will contribute the crust. I feel so lucky to get to make this....

writing

i sit and type
a world at my fingers
just as i write
my words linger

i story i tell
could just be for me
or i might as well
share it we'll see

this is what goes through my mind
i know i'm not very good
but i can't help asking if in time
it will look the way it should

Food Writing Competition 2020

the world in a pie

As my mother hands me the recipe i can tell it means a lot to her. i get why, this recipe is from her side of the family. i don't know how far back it could have come from. as far as i know it could have come over from italy with her grandparents. 

Once it's in my hands i can almost feel the power surging through me. This will be the first time to combine recipes. my dad's side, from Germany, will provide the filling to this pecan pie. My mom's side will contribute the crust. I feel so lucky to get to make this. 

but it's more than just two countries, it's the world. the pecans came from a farm where some one worked hard to grow them. the flour which came from a mill in another state. this is not all in fact i believe the whole world could fit into this pie.

Germany, where the filling...

summer help

this summer i wanted to offer some help. i have decided that i will have ten people who i help this summer with their writing. they will get peer reviews likes and a follow. if you want to be one of those people please comment. also feel free to do this yourself i don't mind as long as you help not hurt.

week 10 day 1

Character profile: Autumn

NAME: Autumn Jackie Realien Jones
TYPE: protagonist, hero 
HIEGHT: 5' 6"
PARENTS: Jackie, Ted
BFF: Summer Helen Beck
OTHER FRIENDS: Jacob mark donth 
Favorite color: light blue
GOAL: to keep her parents together
SIBLINGS: none
FAVORITE PARENT: not a parent, but is her Aunt jenny. (who is the one who told her to fight for her parents marriage)
GRADE/AGE: grade is 7th, age is almost 13
LOVES: ice cream, bikes, camping, hanging out with friends
HATES: soggy shoes, chalk 
DOES MOST OF TIME: is outside with friends
FAVORITE SUBJECT: science
FAVORITE CLUB: theater 
FAVORITE SEASON: this should be very clear, fall/Autumn
FEAR: making the wrong decision, so she leaves it up to others
CHANGE BY END OF STORY: she's not afraid to make decisions

spies chapter one

I'm agent stpalyraer. For the purpose of this I will give you a brief description of myself. i'm a girl, with curly black hair and bright blue eyes. i work for the government of kyraa. my reason for recording this is there is a spy in our headquarters, one for the other side i don't know who it is, but i know that everyone else does not believe me. i have it narrowed down to five men.

suspect one is a dark man with brown hair. he works near the front of the building where it would be easy to slip in and out unnoticed. i'm unsure of his job, but do know that every friday night he leaves early at five unlike the rest of us who leave at eight. his name is herbert mass.

suspect two is a white man who is rather beefy. he has black hair and is a body guard for our leader. with those...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm working on a book where a girl was cursed and now whenever it gets cold she freezes until it warms up. at the beginning of the book she finds out that if she doesn't fix it she will freeze forever. at the end she finds out that the curse was supposed to be forever, but her mother (who was thought to have abandon her) was a fairy and protecting her. i would like to know what age group you think this is for cause i don't know.

letters

i don't know what to do
i'm just out of whack
don't say anything
i just want you back

when you left my heart split in two 
on half stayed with me and the other went with you

will this go away
i just can't guess
i did what i did
and who could have guessed
that you meant so much
to me 
i never want you 
to leave

when i meet you
i knew there was no other
cause to me you were 
my cover

i ran to you in trouble
and you never asked why
you just hugged
you just let me cry

but when i look
i realize that you will never get this
and you never did any of that
oh but i want you back

story chain has begun

so i was going to do 15 people, but i cold only get 10 so i'm just rolling with it. 

here are the writers who will be apart of this:

me 1st
cherryn 2nd
batman_is_a_cracker 3rd
best at procrastinating 4th
sci-Fi 5th
The Campbell's Kid 6th
2am Ghost 7th
elliemccul 8th
Doodleninja 9th
Ollie Octopus 10th

here's how it will work.

in a little bit i will post the first part. then i will let cherryn know and she will have a week to write the second part. it can be however long is wanted. when they are they done i will let the next person know. once we are all done i will post a piece with the links to all the chapters.

YOU WILL NOT COPY AND PASTE THE PART BEFORE OR ANY OTHER PART. YOU WILL JUST PUT THE TITLE AND WHAT PART YOU ARE.

story chain need 5 more people please join

so i've seen people doing story chains and i thought this would be a fun thing to do. so i want to try this my own way. 

have you read any of the series on here? yay i want to do one of those. i would like for 15 people to join this counting me. you can do whatever word amount you want it just has to fit with the story. each person will be writing a chapter. right now i will take whatever spot is unwanted, but i need others to join. the first people to comment get to be a part of this please tell me what part you would like everyone will have two weeks to write their part after the person before them is done. 

if you have any questions feel free to ask.

contest #AllinNowin CLOSED

so in honor of my 40 amazing followers i am doing another contest and this one will have a prompt for everything (except play writing because of the contest going on for that) so i hope you join.

HOW TO ENTER:
like this piece 
link your piece in the comments below
put #AllinNowin your title plus what prompt it is for in the footnotes

PROMPTS:

1: this is to all my fellow poets. write a poem about the fair, a rodeo, or a amusement park. the word limit is 100-250.

2: this is a short story one. write a short story that starts with everything change when (he/she/they) showed up. pick one of the words in parentheses and go with that. this can be any genre. the word limit is 500-3500 to give you some room.

3: fan fiction. write a fan fiction story based on one of your favorite books just comment to say what book it is before...

#amazingSUMMER IF YOU ENTERED MY CONTEST FOR JUNE

so i want to have a really big contest and since you guys seem to like my prompts for my june one that one is now going all summer. if you already have #amazingJUNE in your title you don't have to change it, but i would ask that if you write the piece after this please put #amazingSUMMER. my contest now last all of june and july, if i get enough likes i might push it back to aug. i can't tell when the results will be, but i will try to have them out as quick as possible.

reviews

okay so i know i've been doing a terrible job of keeping up with reviews.(i've had a lot of school to finish up). and would love it if you would link your pieces below if you won in one of my contest. ONLY IF YOU WON.

my writing goals for the summer (1)

this is a list of all the writing/reading goals i want to have done by the end of the summer. please comment if you have any good ideas, or book suggestions. i'm putting it on here so you can help hold me accountable. on sept. 1st i will tell you if i did them. 

goals
(in no order)

- finish 3 series on here
- finish writing 1 book
- write everyday for at least 30 min.
- write a poem every week
- finish editing a book i have already written 
- finish reading a book per week
- read a poem a day

like i said please comment. and with the writing stuff i can not guarantee it will be on here (except the first thing)

magic cats #bitofbliss_3

cats are magical they way they are
you can tell that from afar 
they love you so much and you love them back
they'll defend you from any attack
you can hold them and hug them
squeeze them and love them
they know what you voice sounds like
they know where you keep the fake mice
in your lap is where they love to sit
never will they leave or quit
when you see how great they are 
you will never doubt that they raise the bar
beating out dogs by a lot
cats are the best that we've got 

a romance #bitofbliss_1

as tori looked out the window she longed to get off this plane, and see england. this was her first time her and she didn't want to waste anytime. once the plane landed and her family of three climbed of, her mother gave her very strict instructions. she was not to go into any shady looking shop, or talk to anyone she didn't know. even though tori was sixteen her mother still treated her as if she was five.

leaving the hotel lobby she was over joyed just knowing that this place was her's to explore. she walked into a few shops before finding one she really liked. as she looked around tori found a nice dress that she absolutely loved. after trying it on she just knew it was meant to be her's, but looking at the price tag she also knew she could never afford it. 

"What are you looking at?" said a boy who looked about her...

50 follower's Q&A answers

first up i wanted to say thank you to all my 50 amazing followers for making my first few months on here so great. also thank you to everyone who asked these questions. 

batman_is_a_cracker

1: tell me a story about your most embarrassing crush. the one you look back on and ask 'why??' 
sorry to disappoint, but i've only ever had one crush, and i still like him so i don't ask why.

2: what is your favorite color to wear? to see? to use?
i love to wear yellow, but i don't know why. i love to see purple. i love to use blue.

3: which aesthetic?
i'm sorry i don't know the answer to this one.

4: any pets? names, breeds, species.
first up i have a pet named gilbert(after gilbert from anne of green gables) who is a guinea pig, and i don't know what breed. two i have a cat named Sophie again i don't know what...

Run Week9 day2

I run, run, run, it's threes only thing i can think of doing; a thing chasing me is what i run from, i know that it is only training, and no really anything to be afraid of, but if i don't pass this i won't go on tho be a warrior, which is what everyone in my family has been since the first one, in fact the first one was someone from my family; if i don't do this i let them down.

Writing Streak Challenge Week 9

Love

As i feel his lips press against mine i just know we are meant to be, forever.

jordan's world #LBC12

in a small town just north of the kanas border stood a house, a common, everyday sort of house with windows on the north and south sides, for the people who built it had no sense of wonder and did not once think that it would be nice to look out on the rising or setting sun. every room in this house had a window save the kitchen and parlor which each had two, this should give you some sense of how small and narrow this two story place was. 

much like the house the people who lived in it were very common place and average. in fact so average that they almost weren't average at all. 

and only a little ways up the road, and over two brooks stood the county orphanage.there was a real problem with this orphanage, for it was rather over crowed. and in this particular county there were and awful lot of orphans.

one day...

speech #126

i love reading books i mean when i'm reading i just feel like i'm somewhere else. somewhere else is where i want to be right now with all of this going on i just want to be on another planet. another planet i wonder what it's like up there with the stars. the stars you know if it weren't for all of this i would love to go to hollywood sometime. sometime have you ever wondered what it would be like if you could time-travel i have, but i know it's all in my mind. mind did you know that brains have a part down the middle except albert einstein's part faded half way down that's why we think he was so good at math. math sometimes in math class i like it, but other times it's just as boring as the rest of school. school i wonder who came up with the first school clearly they weren't thinking about...

doors #126

i can't stand it when people don't close the door behind them. i don't know why this bugs me. when you leave a room where the door was closed please close it again. i also can't stand it when you enter without knocking. i could be changing, or would like to know before you enter. those are two simple things they i can't stand yet you seem to love doing them. you even complain when i ask you to shut the door behind you. it's not that hard people, and will take like two seconds of your time. you were just complaining about how board you were here you go a time filler. i try my very best to do this for you so please do it for me, and when you remind me i always do it without a complaint, but you can't seem to manage this one simple little thing. can you please just shut the door?

need help? ask me

i was thinking that this is supposed to be a place where we can grow as writers, and i've seen some people who have asked for help so i decided i was going to start a thing where you can ask me for help. it doesn't matter what kind of help as long as it's writing based. you can for help with the book you want to write or writing tips for anything basically you decide. if you're still confused i'm going to list out some explaining.

if you have a idea for a story, but need help deciding where to go next you could ask me.

if you want to try out a new style of writing.

if you need tips on something

and if you still don't like it i could write a review for a piece you need help with (this is a maybe if i have time)

i just have a few request: that you follow...

#contest_13 prompt 3

"NO I DON'T WANT TO GO!!! I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU THAT FOR THE PAST TEN WEEKS!!!" abby heard her mom yell from the other room it wasn't aimed at her, but it was aimed at her dad.

they had been arguing like that all night over this trip to the lake. it was supposed to be fun and relaxing, but was turning out to be the opposite of that.

"NO YOU DIDN'T TELL ME. IF YOU HAD WHY WOULD I HAVE BOOKED THE CABIN?" her dad yelled in response.

"BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T LISTEN. YOU NEVER LISTEN TO A WORD I SAY."

"THAT'S BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY."

"OH I HAVE SOME GOOD THINGS TO SAY I JUST DON'T SAY THEM BECAUSE YOU DON'T LISTEN."

"WELL MAYBE I WOULD LISTEN IF YOU SAID THEM."

with that her mom slammed the door and marched into abby's room. "we're leaving now," she said still sounding a little bit angry.

as quick...

Playwriting Competition 2020

she always knew

ACT ONE  

SCENE ONE

(two adults and Ali sitting at dinner table with simple window background)

ALI: This year I'm actually looking forward to the trip to the aquarium. I can't believe senior year is about to start.

MOM: Yeah, about that honey (glances at dad) we meant to tell you, but it just kinda slipped our minds, or rather your dad's mind. (Shoots dad a look)

DAD: Yes. Sweety this year you won't be going on that trip.

ALI: (Confused) What? Why?

DAD: Well because... because

MOM: Your dad got a new job offer, and we We're hoping for a change of pace. We're moving.

ALI: (yells) HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?

(Ali runs off stage)

MOM: Ali wait.

DAD: I knew we should have told her sooner.

MOM: (Mom gives dad a look) You could've. 

(mom exits. lights dim)

SCENE TWO

(Car in background dad loading it up. mom on phone. Ali and Cassie in front)
...

Playwriting Competition 2020

she always knew

ACT ONE 

SCENE ONE
(Lights out nothing on stage can be seen)
ALI: (Off stage) Every year since first grade my class has gone to the same aquarium and done the same exact tour.

(Stage lights up to reveal a set of aquarium right in front of fish tank)

(Teacher enters with class of first graders behind her)

TEACHER: Now this is where they keep the sharks. 

(Shark swims past. kids scream)

KID 1: Do those things live in the ocean?

TEACHER: Yes they do, and sometimes we even see them in there.

(Teacher exits with class following)

ALI: (From off stage) Most years it was just the same stuff, but some years, like forth grade, it was a little more interesting. 

(Different teacher and older class enter)

TEACHER: These are the sharks.

KID 1: My dad says that they kill people.

KID 2: That's not true.

KID 1: It is too, just ask the teacher.

KID 2: (To teacher)...

4th of july #Ogden 4

It was a forth of july i'll never forget. like every year before we went out to my grandparents farm, but unlike every year this time it was without sam. i've never been to the farm without sam, my older sister. as we pulled into the dirt driveway i knew i had to try and make the best of it, but with sam having been missing for three weeks now it was going to be hard. the first two weeks it didn't really set in, but this week i can feel the pain. 

she was only sixteen, and we all had no idea why she would just leave us. there was no message there was no warning she was just gone. i can't believe that she wanted to leave me, her thirteen year old sis, but i have no choice but to believe it. 

climbing out of the van i put a fake smile on my face as i give...

dreams #contest_13

when i shut my eyes 
i see something else
a world where you try
i make sense of it all
it's my dream i'm in
right now it's what i think
a world that does not begin
or end with what i know
it's amazing in here
i don't know why
all worries just disappear 
who knows how
but when i wake i see
the same world i left
with only me 
who will remember this night

My cat #inside

My kitty cat I hear you purr
My precious pet I love so much
Everyday you greet me ready to be held
You sit on my window sill and I so long to let you in
You are my furry friend my best one at that
You're always there protecting me
And I will never let you go

sunrise #baringmysoul

the sunrise is so wonderful
yet very few see it
it could not be more beautiful 
but do you believe it
i know what it looks like
and what it is
but sometimes it feels like 
it is so very big

switched a ticket #ogden

As I step off the plane i realize that this is not new york. From the looks of it this place is way farther south, but still in the US. i start to panic a little bit. okay, i think to myself, first lets come up with a plan. first i will find out where i am then i will try and call my friends i'm supposed to be visiting right now, and after that i'll try and find my way back to them. putting my plan into motion i ask the closest person where this is. the reply says that i'm in nashville tennessee. now i know what happened, I must have switched tickets with the guy next to me he said that he was coming here. 

Just then i feel my phone buzz, yes, my friends finally realize that i'm not there. but no it's a text from some one named Max and i've never meet a max...

forever #rolethedice_4 #prettycontest1 #Reefirstcomp1

Alex with her long golden hair and her dark blue eyes, velvet is what she's dressed in tonight. it's so long it reaches the floor. "Xander," she calls out.

I walk over to her after a moment of thinking she was talking to someone else. right as i'm about to reach her i'm cut off by Xander McConnell. not only do we share the same name, but apparently we also share love for the same girl. the difference is he has a shot. slowly i back out of the dance knowing i'm no longer wanted, that is if i was ever wanted. standing outside in the snow i think that this is my destiny, to long for a girl who will never even know my name let alone love me.

"Hey," i hear from behind. it sounds just like her, but i know it could never be.

"Hey," i hear once more, but this time i turn around to see...

writing tips #askme writers block

i recently started a thing on here where writers can ask me questions about their writing, or ask for reviews and tips. every week i will try and post a new list of writing tips and keep reposting it through out the week. here's mine for week on overcoming writers block.

TIP 1: get your mind off writing. go outside, play a game, read a book, talk to a friend/family member just do something else.

TIP 2: write something anything. this is where non-fiction writing can help write in your diary or write a letter to a friend just write something that doesn't require you to be creative.

TIP 3: write something completely random. this is where contest on here can come in handy you can look at a prompt and that could help your creative juices to flow.(also you could get amazing prizes)

TIP 4: go back and reread your writing. just do it even if your not done...

i dream of waves #rolethedice_1 #champion

I see it the one I've been waiting for; the wave of the day. pushing my hand in to the water i rip it out of the water pushing myself forward. i move closer and closer till it's almost on top of me. turning my board around i stand up and know this will win me the contest. surfing this wave is more exciting then anything i just know this is where i want to be.
     "And in first place we have, Emily Beckect." 
      up on the stage i know that was the wave that pushed me over the top, and brought me this win. i reach out to grab the biggest trophy ever...

"Emily. EMILY, WAKE UP YOU'VE GOT SCHOOL IN TEN," i hear my mom yell rousing me from my slumber, but the feeling of the waves is still with me, even if they weren't real.
    that's...

Please read

I want to enter K-9crazy's contest and the first round is my best piece so I've chosen my three pieces with the most like and my three favorites please comment and tell me which you like best.

Sleep:

She always knew:

My life:

I dream of waves:

Raindrops:

Butterflies and dragonflies

I dream of waves blurb PLEASE READ

Avery Becker longs to surf, but living in land locked Oklahoma isn't helping her dream. When she finds out her mom's love of the beach she begins to question why she has never been. If she makes it to the beach will what she finds out shock her?and will her new found passion get in the way of her relationship with her mom?

What age group would you put this book in? By the way it's realistic fiction. Please comment and tell me so I know about how long to make it.

I dream of waves blurb PLEASE READ

What are group would you put this book in? By the way it's realistic fiction. Please comment and tell me so I know about how long to make it.

a bully?

i guess this is my chance to stop? but was that really me? i don't know i mean ever since middle school it seemed like being a bully was the only way to survive, but is that really me? i don't know anymore. but the look on maggie's face was something i don't wish to see anymore. but my question is if i stop bullying people do i stop being me? everyone always said i was the bully of the school, but no one at my new school will know me as that. so now's my only chance to stop because in this small town you go to school with the same 80 people till college. that's it i'm done with this i remember what being bullied was like and i want it to stop. NOW.

COMPETITION

So i know that it can be really upsetting when you do a competition and next to no one enters. this is also upsetting for the few who did enter so i just wanted to give a shout out to the competition hosted by hailie ogden the deadline is may 16 so you still have time, and the prompts are awesome go check it out.

40 followers contest

so i love doing these contest and it seems like you love doing them, but i need to know what kind you want to do next please vote in the comments and the one with the most likes wins and i do that next, but if two get more than twenty likes i'll do both. each type of writing will have different types of contests.

here are the types:

poetry:
- regular this will last for three weeks and have 3-6 prompts
- mini this will last one week and have 2-3 prompts 
- tournament this will last 5-7 weeks and have and new prompt each week

short story:
- regular this will last 3-4 weeks and have 3 or 4 prompts
- mini this will last one and a half weeks and will have 1-2 prompts
- tournament this will last 4-8 weeks and have a new prompt each week
- first line where i give you 3-4 lines...

hunger games what if #sunprompt

just imagine if you changed one thing in the hunger game series what would happen. here's what i think

gale had been chosen instead of peeta to participate in the games. 

then he wouldn't have left Katniss, and wouldn't have gotten hurt. if he never got hurt then the game makers never would have said that the two tributes from the same district could win, and Katniss never would have had to go to the cornucopia to get the medicine. i think that even though Katniss had a lot up on gale he had age strength and more favor with the audience so he would have won. 

that's what i think would happen if you changed one thing in the first book.

40 followers contest

here are the types:

poetry:

short story:

fan fiction:
- regular this will last 3 weeks...

contest results #quick

so i barley got any entries, but that's what i was expecting. so here are the results

prompt 1:

1st samina
2nd mia_:)
3rd anoushka1705

prompt 4:

1st crazyninjakid

announcement new contest DUE TODAY

if your reading this you are probably super bored like i am so here's a challenge for you. this contest will have four prompts and here they are.

1:poetry write me a 25-50 word poem about anything you just have to write it for this not already written

2:write fan fiction about a popular book or book series just comment and tell me which one to make sure i've read it. also just for this not already written.

3: flash fiction about a hobby words limit is 50. not already written.

4: a short story about some animal, like those movies you watched as a kid where they talk. not already written.

rules: 
all your own.
rated G or PG
no swearing or you will be disqualified.
just written for this.

deadline is may 9 and the results will be the 10 or 11

how to enter you must like this piece and follow me. then link your piece in...

hungry chapter three

Waking up at the same time she always does Sophia was quiet as she could be. Trying not to rustle any leaves they had placed on the floor, to try and give them some padding. Slowly she gathered up her things or rather thing since little maggie was wrapped up in it, and she couldn't bare to deprive her of what little warmth was provided for them in the cold Pennsylvania fall.  
    As she was leaving with her basket in hand, she woke Levi, so he could start getting the others up and ready for gathering today. Looking out at her family she hoped that for their sake she found some work. 
    Crawling back through the same door she had entered last night, but this time she hoped that when she crawled back in she would have more than moldy bread. 

now out on the streets Sophia began a day's search. the ten year old...

hungry chapter two

FOUR MONTHS AGO

"No mother," sophia said tears running down her face her hands clutching her mother's as if they were life its self,"You can't leave me."
    "Shh," her mother whispered brushing her daughter's cheek,"You must be strong for..."
    With that her mother breathed her last, and left her daughter with her husband who was seldom around, and couldn't even pick his child out in a crowd. Sophia didn't let go until she felt her father's hand upon her shoulder, not in a loving way, but in a you must stop this at once way. 
    That night she cried herself to sleep, but even her sobs couldn't be loud for she knew her father would her and send her to a workhouse tomorrow. this had been there deal after all she didn't make a sound, and he didn't force her into a workhouse. 
   the next few days were lonely ones. her father...

hungry chapter 1 revised

It had been a hard day for Sophia she was only ten, but already knew what it was like to have to worry about putting food on the table. 
    Cold, wet, dreary, these are the words that describe pennsylvania this day. it's late afternoon, but you couldn't tell, for the sun could not even admit it's rays through the overcast. The streets wreak of death and desperation. They were filled with puddles, but not a child was splashing. 
    Sophia brushed her dark brown hair out of her eyes, and pushed on down the streets. Arriving at a little run down saw mill she crouched down, and pushed back the bushes to reveal a small secret entrance. Crawling in she was meet by hugs from hands so thin you could see the bone. She knew these hands well, and they were the reason she knew she must find work.
    "Sophia!!" Nine voices yelled...

that's...

singing #inside

i know i have talent
or at least that's what i think
but sometimes i doubt it
and then i start to sink
but my dream i know
is to be up on stage
putting on a show
never doubting the moves i make
to sing to sing
that's what i love most
and everything
from coast to coast
i know i can do it
and i can write a song
so help me through it
go ahead and sing along

Playwriting Competition 2020

she always knew

ACT ONE

SCENE ONE

(Shark swims past. kids scream)

(Teacher exits with class following)

TEACHER: These are the sharks.

KID 2: That's not true.

KID 1: It is too, just ask the teacher.

KID 2: (To teacher)...

#1stchallenge RESULTS

Here are the results for my contest. And don't sorry the prizes are coming.

Prompt 1:
First is Tushar Mandhan with Love is a Astute Exile
Here's the link

Second is Deep_Breathes and SunV Deep_Breathes with our love is like 
SunV with a story never told

Third lolo k with Coffee

Honorable mention Happy butterfly and Fabiana250,

Prompt 2
First Nhosas with June??, 2019 

Prompt 3 
First is Fabiana250 with Don't Suspect 

Second is Lianhabanana 5 Line Fiction

Third is Dmoral13 and Bambiamby  Dmoral13 with Sandman were women 
And Bambiamby with ...and it makes me scared 

honorable mention Princess Maira and ElsaRee

Prompt 4
First Westley with 

Second CrazyNinjaKid with

Third is Deep_Breathes with

Honorable mention Golden_Darkness

Thanks to everyone who participated. My next contest will be at 40followers or mid June which ever comes first.

Playwriting Competition 2020

she always knew

ACT ONE

SCENE ONE
(lights out nothing on stage can be seen)
ALI: (off stage) every year since first grade my class has gone to the same aquarium and done the same exact tour.

(stage lights up to reveal a set of aquarium right in front of fish tank)

(teacher enters with class of first graders behind her)

TEACHER: now this is where they keep the sharks. 

(shark swims past. kids scream)

KID 1: do those things live in the ocean?

TEACHER: yes they do, and sometimes we even see them in there.

(teacher exits with class following)

ALI: (from off stage) most years it was just the same stuff, but some years, like fifth grade it was a little more interesting. 

(different teacher and older class enter)

TEACHER: these are the sharks.

KID 1: my dad says that they kill people.

KID 2: that's not true.

KID 1: it is too, just ask the teacher.

KID 2: (to teacher)...

Announcement from WhispersOfGray

gray is no longer aloud to have a WtW account she can't even post this herself. We will all miss her so much, but some of the users on here have really come through and made a way for us to still see her writings. First check out the joint account with Dylan Riley called two heartbeats, and then if you entered Gary's contest it is still being hosted by poetri. Hope this was helpful.

Sleep

Can't fall to sleep
Don't know why
Can't fall to sleep
So why even try
Can't fall to sleep
I sit here awake
I feel as though I might die
I know I might even break
Can't shut my eyes
I don't know how much more my body can take
I say with a sigh
There is not much at stake
Just the fact that I might cry

I stay awake unable to sleep
Just sitting there
I try everything of which i can think
But i come up bare
Nothing seems to work
Not sheep or a dream
I try ever little quirk 
Or so it seems
Moving all across my bed
Just shut your eyes
My mom said
But she can't hear my cries

There is no reason for my torture
I've had no caffeine 
I'm on my border 
My lack of sleep is extreme 
Looking outside i know
That morning has come
As i hear a bird...

Sleep

Can't go to sleep
don't know why
Can't go to sleep
So why even try
Can't go to sleep
I sit here awake
I feel as though I might die
Who knows I might even break
Can't shut my eyes
I say with a sigh
There is not much at stake
Just the fact that I might cry

Playwriting Competition 2020

she always knew

ACT ONE

SCENE ONE

(teacher exits with class following)

TEACHER: these are the sharks.

KID 2: that's not true.

KID 1: it is too, just ask the teacher.

KID 2: (to teacher) is that true?

TEACHER: (looking...

Help

I have a children's chapter book written out, and I have the storyline where I want it, but it's only forty pages long(book pages). Is this long enough or should I make it longer, if it should be longer how would I do that?

deadline

okay so i have a super tight deadline that i can't extend, and i have like ten more short chapters to do in the next twelve hours. any tips on how to stay motivated?  

week5 day2

started out great and has gone amazing

Week 5 day 1

You know how this day has gone since it wasn't great 

#1stchallebge

The competition is over. 

The deadline has past. I am not accepting any more entries.

#1stChallenge deadline today in half an hour

A competition      New dealine. 
If I get thirty entrees there will be a third place. 
This is my first competition, so... Please enter!!!!!!
Prize update 

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Prompt 2: write a short story about something/someone outside. This can be true or made up.

Prompt 3: flash fiction about anything. Between five and ten lines.

prompt 4: write a character profile. That's just a quick file on a made up character you can even include a short background story.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG
You can enter multiple prompts, but only once per prompt.
If you enter like this and put #1stchallenge and put the title in the comments.

Prizes:
First: a follow, seven likes ( my choice ), five reviews( your choice )
Second: five likes( my choice ), three reviews ( your choice ) 
Third: three likes( my choice ), one review (...

Sleep

Can't go to sleep
don't know why
Can't go to sleep
So why even try
I sit here awake
Can't shut my eyes
I don't know how much more I can take
I say with sighs

A competition      
Prize update 

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:
Third: three likes( my choice ), one review ( your choice...

Miracle

Good works miracles.

Challenge complete

daily gratitude

outside where i can be alone. writing, reading and my imagination. having a way to express myself. 

hungry chapter 1 revised

it had been a hard day for sophia she was only ten, but already knew what it was like to have to worry about putting food on the table. 
cold, wet, dreary, these are the words that describe pennsylvania this day. late afternoon, but you couldn't tell, for the sun could not even admit it's rays through the overcast. the streets raked of death and desperation. the were filled with puddles, but not a child was splashing. 
sophia brushed her dark brown hair out of her eyes, and pushed on down the streets. arriving at a little run down saw mill she crouched down, and pushed back the bushes to reveal a secret entrance. crawling in she was meet by hugs from hands so thin you could see the bone. she knew these hands well, and they were the reason  she must find work. " sophia!!" nine voices yelled out of pure excitement. 
" hello." she responded trying to hide...

Rubber band banana # thatsweirdbro

A rubber band banana wants to climb all the way to the moon, so it built a stair case made of gummy bears. The stair case wasn't tall enough, and when the rubber band banana was thinking about how to get higher it are some. Now only half way there it built a ladder made of spaghetti. Just as it stepped on the moon the ladder broke and it was trapped, but luckily it had brought a French fry zip line. The rubber band banana zipped all the way back down to earth. 

Calculator #thatsweirdbro

I'm standing on a giant platform that has the number 6 one it. Then I look up and see someone huge, like giant huge, and they press something. then I find myself jumping on number platforms, at that moment it hits me, I'm a calculator. "What?" I yell after doing this all day I feel really sorry for ever using a calculator. I won't ever use one again.

Daily gratitude

Stuck and home can't even go outside, but I have my creative outlet and pen and paper.

Aunt's miscarriage

Sometimes it hurts sometimes it's just num 
I can't imagine for my aunt the days yet to come
A miscarriage that just doesn't seem right
Knowing my unborn cousin didn't make it through the night
She waited so long and prayed so much
She should know her child's touch
But alas it seems just yesterday
My little cousin drifted away

Tree climbing

Climbing up the tree
All the way to the top
I'm amazed by what I see
And don't want it to stop
I see the birds flutter around
I'm up so high
That I dare not look down
But rather at the sky
Such a magical place
Way up here
But down I race
For fear
Someone else might find
My secret spot
Then it's no longer mine
Here at the top

Daily gratitude

My place and air conditioning. It's dying hot here.

Meaning

Abigail walked down the cold sidewalk selling here shawl, which was falling to shreds, tighter around her. It has been another hard day, and she hadn't even made a dime. Tomorrow will be different, she told herself everyday. She I re that if she didn't find work soon she would starve.
Just then she saw something each in the wind on the sidewalk. Bending down to pick it up she realized it was a five dollar bill. She said a silent prayer on her way to the bakery.
Once in she bought a loaf of bread and gobbled it up knowing it wouldn't last til morning.
Maybe tomorrow would be different.

Butterflies and Dragonflies #creativitytime prompt 4

Butterflies and dragonflies always at war 
Butterflies and dragonflies both constantly sore 
Butterflies so smooth and free flowing
Dragonflies are much less easy going
Butterflies filled with magic and good
Dragon flies just set fire to wood 
Butterflies and dragonflies always in a fight 
Butterflies and dragonflies who will win tonight. 

Butterflies so smooth and free flowing
Dragonflies are much less easy going
Butterflies filled with magic and good
Dragon flies just set fire to wood

The girl with no hands Grimm brothers (adjusted)

Once there was a man who had a very low paying job, and a daughter. He had lost everything except his house, his daughter, and a cherry tree in the backyard. One day he had gone into town to try and buy food with what little money he had when a old lady came up to him and said, " excuse me did you wouldn't happen to have any fruit trees would you? " sounding rather tried and shaky.
 " as a matter of fact I do. A cherry tree right in my back yard. " he responded wanting to help her out.
 " well where do you live, kind sir? " 
 " right on the edge of the forest. "
 " well then I will buy your cherry tree and everything in it. "
He sold it to her for two hundred dollar. Knowing that this would majorly help his situation. He would have rushed home if it wasn't...

BB-8's day off #smilesforspring1

Today is a day just for me BB-8 thought everyone else is busy with training or repairs so I'm going to have a little fun today. It's early in the morning the sun has just come up, but the real base is already buzzing with action. Rolling through the base BB-8 is rushing over to his little nook that he calls home. Today he has decided that he's going to go to baugar, the most relaxed planet in this galaxy, but in order to do this he most find some one to give him a ride. 
    He finds out that Finn is going that way on his top secret mission, and would be happy to take BB-8 there. Once he arrives he heads straight for the droid care and repair. This place not only fixes up droids it also helps the to relax. Hey you try and be partners with the rebels and we'll see how you feel...

#AprilAprilApril

At my school hardly anyone talks to me, sits by me, or even acknowledges my exist. Then came adam. A boy the same grade as I am who has autism. People treated him differently, almost how they treated me, but he decided that I was his friend. I was completely fine with this, and his conversation skills didn't affect me much since I'm not one for talking. I felt bad for the guy, and I I we I couldn't just leave him alone like I had been for years. So I withstood all the teasing, and stuck by him. Deep down I knew I was doing the right thing, but sometimes I just wanted to drop it.

A competition      
This is my first competition, so... Please enter!!!!!!!
JUST 5 SPOTS TO GO!!!!!! Double entries welcome

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:
First: five likes( my choice ), three reviews ( your choice ) 
Second: three likes( my choice ), one review ( your choice ) 

The deadline is April 30 and the...

Help

So I'm writing a book about an orphan homeless girl who's ten and taking care of nine other children all younger than her. She struggles to find work, but knows that if she doesn't it won't end well. I don't need the full story line just a few idea's (if you would even read it) please respond.

Writing Streak Challenge Week 4

Daily gratitude

The birds outside my window, the trees that hide me from the sun, and my cats for listening.

A competition  
This is my first competition, so....

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG
If you enter please like this and put #1stchallenge 

Prizes:

The deadline is April 30 and the results are may 2. 

Need advice PLEASE HELP

So I'm starting a novel about a group who go on a 23 day trip, and it changes each of them in a different way. I want to write the from each of their perspective. So here's my question. Should I write the whole trip for person one then the next section for person two or should I go through each day swapping perspectives before I move on to the next day.

Comment below please. 

Need advice PLEASE HELP

Comment below please.

cherry tree

i run out of the house into the backyard. heading out to the back of this field i find my cherry tree. i love this cherry three and i've loved ever since i was little. all seventeen years of my life this tree has been my escape from everything. once i reach it i start to climb. reaching to top i'm completely engulfed in green. then the magic happens i'm transported to another world completely. in this one life is great and i never want to leave. 
i stay here for what must be hours, but only feels like minutes i'm having so much fun. then i hear a shout, and i'm jolted back to the real world.
climbing down i know there isn't really another world up there, but that's what it feels like to me.

cherry tree

My place

I watch my brother in the grass
My cat steals my pen
I sit in the same spot
At the days end
I wish i could've stayed
Here all day long
But i know i can't
And it feels so wrong
Engulfed by trees
I read out loud
No one else can hear
what they call  sounds
No one else can see
My favorite place
Far from the city
And it's rat race
This place I'd mine
And no one can take it
Cause it's the memories here
And the ones that make it
My place to ponder
Ask the days thoughts
And think about
the troubles life has brought
But in the end
to others it seems
 this is just a stone
And can't see what it means

A competition          
This is my first competition, so... PLEASE ENTER. 
Just 8 spots to go!!!!

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

The deadline is April 30 and the results...

cherry tree

Copy cat

My brother is my copycat 
He follows me around
My brother is my copycat
Copies my every sound
My brother is my copycat
I'm every place I go
My brother is my copycat
Doesn't listen when I day no
My brother is my copycat
Does my every move
My brother is my copycat
No matter what I say or do

Daily gratitude

Alone time.

One Day

What day?

I would add national no technology day
Because I would love to just disconnect at least for on day.

A competition          

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

Alone with my thoughts

Alone with my thoughts is where I like to be 
Just a pen, paper and poetry
Alone with my thoughts is where I like to stay
No on else to keep me at bay
Alone with my thoughts sitting in the sun
Never want to see anyone
Alone with my thoughts surrounded by green
Never make a scene
Alone with my thoughts in this big world
Just a small introvert girl
Just a pen, paper and poetry

A competition          

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition           

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition           

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition           

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition            

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition           

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

Childhood #COMPETITION

My childhood spent always moving
In a military family
Nothing ever soothing
This is life to me
Nothing really special
No best friends or first crush
So I guess I'll
Just try and not rush

A competition          

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition         

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

Regret #Ninjascontest_3_Shortstory

Years ago when I was only eleven my mom would go to a group every Tuesday, and I would have to go to the room where all the kids went. I had been going for a while, and was probably the most popular girl. One day a boy I kind of knew came up to me and offered me a bottle cap. I can't remember exactly what it said, but I know it said something about love. I, unknowingly, turned him down. The second he walked away I realized he had a crush and me and I had just broken his heart.

I will never forget that moment, or forgive myself for it.

The First Change

"Come on we're gonna be late," my mom yells waking me.
 " late for what exactly? " I ask while pulling a t-shirt over my head.
 "You should know this by now. You're going to see your father like you do ever weekend. We've been divorced for almost six months now." She tells still not coming in.
The only reason I'm with my mom is we're both girls I would have preferred to live with my dad, but I didn't have a say.
Grabbing my favorite pair of jeans I think, how can i ever get used to the idea of you being divorced. 
Throwing some clothes in my tiny suitcase look at the calendar and sure enough my mom's right, it's Saturday. I realize that I have been absent minded ever since it happened. I mean after sixteen years of us being a family. Also being a only child probably doesn't do much to help.
Rushing out of my...

A competition        

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition        

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

My cat #inside

My kitty cat I hear you purr
My precious pet I love so much
Everyday you greet me ready to be held
You sit on my window sill and co long to let you in
You're always there protecting me
And I will never let you go

A competition       

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules:
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition       

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition       

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

Regret #Ninjascontest_3_Shortstory

A competition       

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition      

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition     

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition    

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition    

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

Butterflies so smooth and free flowing
Dragonflies are much less easy going
Butterflies filled with magic and good
Dragon flies just set fire to wood 

A competition    

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition    
This is my first competition, so...

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition    
This is my first competition, so....

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

Poetry #april #poem

Sometimes I rhyme I think or say
Don't ask me why it's just my way
I can express myself in a way others can not
I don't want my poems to be something others bought
They are an outlet of my mind
I will not silence them at any time

A competition   
This is my first competition, so....

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG
If you enter please like this and put #1stchallenge and put the title in the comments.

Prizes:

Pocket Poem

Flower

Flowers spring up from the ground
Not a single weed to be found
Growing tall and strong
Hopefully they last long
Blooming so bright
I watch them day and night

A competition  
This is my first competition, so....

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

Five Line Fiction

Outside

I step outside and breath in the fresh air. Walking down the crooked path I find a meadow. I'm finally alone. Only flowers and trees can see me here. I don't want to know how to get back. 

Five Line Fiction

Outside

I step outside and breath in the fresh air. Walking down the crooked path I find a medow. I'm finally alone. Only flowers and trees can see me here. I don't want to know how to get back. 

Butterflies so smooth and free flowing
Dragonflies are much less easy going
Butterflies filled with magic and good
Dragon flies just set fire to wood

A competition 
This is my first competition, so....

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition 
This is my first competition, so....

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

Shine

In the darkest of times
Jesus shines.

A competition

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A Florida away #Aprilcancercontrol

I remember the day that my mom told me that a very close friend of here had cancer. It was a unforgettable day. She was on the verge of tears. Her eyes looked as if she was trying to process this terrible news. For her it felt as though this were her life or death situation. Knowing these were going to be hard months ahead I prepared for battle. I knew from what I'd heard it was not going to be easy, and Even though I hardly knew him I wanted to help. Not knowing how I was stuck, and completely unhelpful.
    Looking back I can see how this affected my writing. I began a story about cancer, and seemed to disappear into my books. I think this was my way of protecting myself from hurt. I didn't want my mom to become hallow as I had read about in so many books.  I knew that it would...

A competition

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

A competition

Prompt 1:
Write a poem about something you love.

Rules: 
No swearing.
No extreme violence.
All should be rated PG

Prizes:

Five line

I look out and see the rain dripping down my window. I'm stuck inside is all I can think. I sit on my bed and pick up a pen I could write a story that might be okay. Then the rain clears, and I run outside. This is how I love my life.

I cry out

I can't see the future close at hand
All I know is I follow the great I AM
He knows it all and will help me through 
When I don't know what to do I cry out to you
I'm crying out I'm crying our
Lord my God
I'm crying out crying our
Against all odds
I know where my trust is now
So I'm crying out.

BB-8's day off #smilesforspring1

Daniel's tale #42dreams prompt 2

Twenty years before the world was filled with wonder and amazement. Authors were by far the most popular people around they change people worlds feeding their imaginations. 
   A man named Daniel was sixty years of age and had yet to finish his first master piece, which he had started when he was a young boy. Now he was almost finished with his lifelong work. He worked for two straight days not sleeping and barely even drinking water, but he did it this book that had taken him a brass lifetime to write was fine.
     He gave a few copies to family and friends, but the next night there was a terrible scream. The Dragon from his take had come to life. He knew that this was not going to sit well for his future as an author. 
     Frantically he searchers house for so.trying to stay that terrible creature, but all he could find were pens....

Daniel's tale #42dreams prompt 2

Books

I pick up a book and start to read
And immediately I can't 
I'm in another world it seems
With fairies dragons and magical things
I'm on a adventure that i never want to end
As i travel through works and make new friends
Then the lights go out and i have to put it down
To leave this wonderful world I've found
but i will never completely leave
That book that i long to read.

Salvation

God created this prefect world that we see
He created it all good you and me
Then humans messed it all up
Our sin destroyed everything we love
After ask the promises God made and kept
He sent Jesus who God our sin wept
A perfect Man who healed the blind and lame
God's on on the cross for our shame
Then up from the grave He rose
cause it's us He chose
Now if we simply believe and trust
We will find peace in Jesus.

Butterflies so smooth and free flowing
Dragonflies are much less easy going
Butterflies filled with magic and good
Dragon flies just set fire to wood

Butterflies so smooth and free flowing
Dragonflies are much less easy going
Butterflies filled with magic and good
Dragon flies just set fire to wood

Follow

Following God is a everyday thing.

Light

The light and the end of the tunnel is so hard to see
Sometimes we wonder where can it be
But we know in the back of our minds
It is really there this time

Five Line Fiction

Outside

City and country

Country life and city life never quite the same
Country life and city life different day to day
City life has never ending sound
Country life not another person to be found 
City life doesn't change throughout winter fall and summer
Country life you never meet a new comer
City life is built on money game and power
Country life is Built on hard work ever hour 
Even though they will always remain separate
We are all people and shouldn't forget it