Ronny Flatau

Israel

16 year old weirdo who likes hiking and nature just a little bit less than I like my writing (:

I hope to inspire, to help, to teach. If I was able to do any of those, than I would consider myself a successful human being (:

Heart Places

Ice cream on k. Street

Since I was born,and until I was 8, I had moved four times, across two different countries. Every time we got somewhere new, I tried not to get attached. But every time, it was just as hard to leave. 
This may have been why, back than, my grandmother’s house on k. Street felt more like my home than any other place. It was the only place that hadn’t changed, no matter where my family went. 
My grandmother is the most caring person I know, and back than she provided me with a safe haven like no other. I would talk to her about school, friends, and sometimes even about my odd little facts, and she never judged me. She never made me feel strange. In her eyes, I was great, just as I was. At that time, it seemed she was the only person who felt this way.
My grandmother lived near a mall, and by 5 years old I...

Writing streak-Week 2, day 2

Lava rose: 
the deep, reddish color whose essence can both be deep fear, stress or anger, or love, and lust. The combination of both giving the color a “double meaning “: at times, pleasant to the eye. At times, unbearable. 

Writing Streak Challenge - Week 2

Writing streak-Week 2, Day one

starlight:

The color of the shine in ones eye when they see something they have been looking for, hoping for, or missing. The color of hope, relief, and completion .

Writing Streak Challenge - Week 2

Writing streak-Week 2, Day one

Writing Streak Challenge - Week 1

Challenge Completed

Week 1 

day 1:
Three reasons why this challenge isn’t for me: 

1. I cannot, for the life of me, write lists. In fact, I’m absolutely terrible at them! The only lists I’ve written would be a to-do list, or a list of things to pack when traveling. Anything else- I just remember in my head. Even after writing a list, I’ll nearly always lose it. I enjoy the chaos of going through life without lists, so, I never bother writing them.  

2. I haven’t really written any prose in this style, ever. Neither have I written an essay like this, nor a piece of poetry. This structure of writing is entirely new to me, and writing in a completely new style is really, truly hard. This whole day, I was thinking about what the heck was worth writing about , and every time there was an idea, I tried putting it in this format and it sounded so...strange. Maybe,...

Letter Writing Competition 2020

But the earth kept spinning

Dear Addy,

How has it been, since your passing? 

I’m happy to inform, that we’re all doing fine down here.
Your family- they never moved on, But they continued living. They adopted a new dog-a spaniel. They continue telling your stories. 
It’s  been three years now, maybe more, and it still seems like it was all a dystopian nightmare. I’ll never forget, how your mom fainted on the plane they took to get here. I will never forget, how my uncle, drove all the way to the desert, just for a chance to find you. It used to seem so cruel to me, that a quick , seemingly unimportant decision, could end like this. But now, I know. I’ve learned.  Addy, despite all of the pain you caused me, you made me better. You made me more careful, Braver. You made me Stronger.  It was 12 PM when you entered the river. At first, only a calm stream. But it was only...

Letter Writing Competition 2020

But the earth kept spinning

Dear Addy,

How has it been since your passing? 

Your family- they never moved on. But they continued living. They adopted a new dog-a spaniel. They continue telling your stories. 

Writing streak: Week 1, Day 5

Top 3 things I constantly wanted to write about but never did: 

1. my pets: I have three pets for now, and soon we’re adopting another dog, and a parrot. Despite this, and despite loving my pets so, so much, I never brought myself to write a list about them. Weather it’s a lack of inspiration, or the fact that 90% of day to day life with pets is just....boring! Walks, food, water, sleep..... 
Those aren’t much to write about....

2. Anything too heavy: despite not fearing writing about heavy topics in general, since this is a daily challenge I hoped to not get worn out easily. Therefore, I choose subjects I can easily think of, without feeling heaviness, sadness, or anger.

3. School related things: Despite the fact that it’s summer, I’m still going in to long exams once a week. After these, and after studying, I’m so tired I cannot focus on the subject matter for a single...

Writing streak: Week 1, Day 4

3 reasons why this morning was so great: 
 Being honest, I thought this morning wasn’t going to be great. I thought I’d get bored, and feel unproductive while my girlfriend runs some errands. But instead of this, a few absolutely wonderful things happened:

1. I underestimated how great waking up near my girlfriend makes me feel. She makes me feel comfortable, secure, and even though none of us were ecstatic to wake up, together we managed to drag ourselves out of bed, and in the end, I was really proud of us. It felt really good to get ready in time for once, and actually enjoy doing it.

2. We ended up taking a nice walk together, in an area I haven’t been to for a while, even though years ago I would always explore there. There were so many new things to discover! The flowers on the sidewalk were blooming, and the trees in the orchard became larger, and...

Writing streak week 1, Day 3

3 reasons why writing today is incredibly inconvenient:

1. I have 8 minutes before it is twelve am and a day passes. So I need to be quick. I’m not creative enough to do this that quickly, so this will be interesting. 

2. I’m at my girlfriends house, and I haven’t seen her for a bit. I missed her a lot, but instead of spending time with her-I’m writing. In case you haven’t caught on, I’m not happy with it. Plus she now thinks I’m slightly crazy because why in the world would I make myself write every day. 

3. I had a huge exam today. In literature. I have written so much I have a blister on my finger. I’m tired of writing, and I honestly just want to eat and go to sleep....

sorry for the downer but I think I made it! Ha!

Writing streak: week 1, day 1

2. I haven’t really written any prose in this style, ever. Neither have I written an essay like this, nor a piece of poetry. This structure of writing is entirely new to me, and writing in a completely new style is really, truly hard. This whole day, I was thinking about what the heck was worth writing about , and every time there was an idea, I tried putting it in this format and it sounded so...strange. Maybe, slowly, it will become...

Spaceship Earth

Behind the mountains

A two week long test is no easy task. Everything measured, to the smallest detail: from the moment you wake up, to the minute you go to sleep. 
Last summer, I had to go through that. I was disconnected from social media, taken away from my friends, forced to live with thirty strangers, far away- in a place I barely knew- right behind the mountains.
We lived in a small complex, and were unable to leave. In that complex, we ate all our meals in the small kitchen , slept in awkwardly sized rooms in groups of two or three, studied in a broken down classroom-which lacked even a whiteboard , and stored our precious belongings, in the dusty, underused cupboards, which felt far from secure. In the beginning, it felt like a prison, where you couldn’t even show your weakness, or you’d be failing the “test”. But, quickly, it became more comfortable. You get used to the odd layout,...

Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2020

Scarlet

Link to my video: https://youtu.be/hct_CKL00DQ

if this link dosent work there’s one on the botto

When I was a little girl, 
not so long ago,
I loved every disney movie.
I loved the big, flowing skirts
I loved how the characters would rise to glory. 

but my favorite thing- 

my absolute favorite thing-

was that every movie ended 

with a “happily ever after”

like- a dessert you're family always made 
Or -a kiss on the cheek from a mother.

it was always certain , that sweet little thing 
that one little thing 
that would make all of it -worthwhile .

because one day
you're going to become happy .
eternally.
all the princes and the dresses
all of the castles and the carriages 
that will all happen-
eventually.

But -now you need to work .
Now you MUST work. 
or that happiness -
wont-
come to you 

so I sucked it up.
like a dam stops the water 
like a nun...