mitchkdoan

After... After... After

I Made It

After all the sleep deprived nights telling myself after this problem I need to go to sleep, after the countless failures I received, after I filled my brain with useless materials just so I can get that grade I wanted on that insignificant tests, after all the Saturday nights I sacrificed to finished what was needed to be done, after all the times I've laid myself down so I can make someone else happy, after all the materials I learned that I thought would never be useful in life, I arrived to a point of my life where fear no longer runs me.  

Op-ed Competition 2016

A Far from Perfect Utopia

I am nothing but a mere high school student that's doing what every person has done at this age. I work in school, practice, sports, and of course do what it takes to get into a preferable college. I feel, I believe, and I know that I am the center of the world. And being so privileged makes me forget that I am not the only person in the world dealing with problems.

As we know Brussels has been attacked today by an act of terrorism. And this isn't the first time something of this nature has happened. As we recall months ago Paris was attacked, and the list continues back into history. Why?

As a society and as individuals we have made no progress. Humanity as a whole is corrupted by the few. Religions as a whole is corrupted by the few. Why is terrorism occurring now in 2016. Although I am still a young high school student, I...

Op-ed Competition 2016

A Far from Perfect Utopia

As we know Belgium has been attacked today by an act of terrorism. And this isn't the first time something of this nature has happened. As we recall months ago Paris was attacked, and the list continues back into history. Why?