Day-Dim

I like writing with music on in a dark room on a computer screen with rain splattering against the window and blankets and heat all throughout the room.

Can't believe I accidentally published the same thing twice. Ugh. Oh well, life goes on.

Op-ed Competition 2016

The Flint Water Problem

A town in Michigan, thankfully brought to media attention by Mr. Larry Gabriel, an author for Yes! magazine,  had experienced water issues courtesy of their government. The town, Flint, was experiencing hair loss, rashes, and respiratory infections due to an increase in lead in their water supply. These problems were caused by Governor Rick Snyder for the appointment of the Emergency Manager who made the switch. So perhaps Rick shouldn't be Governor if he can’t make the proper precautions to ensure the safety of his citizens?
    In the article, it states how the Governor believed that switching the water lines to receive from Lake Huron, treated by the Detroit Water and Sewage Department, to the Flint River, treated by the Flint Water Treatment plant. Now this may have been an ok idea. The state would save some money, roughly $5 million over the course of two years, and normally Water Treatment plants are very thorough with their treatment....