BlueOwl

France

nolite te bastardes carborundorum

read Montaigne and Duras
listen to Brel and Aznavour
get to know Hypatia and Pythagoras

Peer Reviews

dryer lint & family pictures

PROMPT: Home’s Essence

unknown

Roots

PROMPT: Home’s Essence

unknown

Two Homeplaces, One Heart

PROMPT: Chunyun

A piece of advice when writing about foreign countries: pretend the reader doesn't know a thing about them (not even where they're located). A few things that may be evident to you about a country, may not be so evident to other people. That will make your piece more complete (and appealing!)

11 months

You Pushed Me Just A Little Too Far

I really liked this piece! I think the rhyming scheme was rather refreshing! Also, I got a Miss Fisher feel off this piece! She's a (fictional) lady detective from the 20's who always insists on being free and being a modern woman, so I think you get why I made the connection ;) Feel free to ask me any questions!

11 months

The elusive socks

Nice and very funny piece! And original too! Congrats!

11 months

Flourish and Fight

PROMPT: Historical Fiction Competition 2020

I think this is the first time I'm saying this on WtW but I think you could do with less spacing between paragraphs (weird, I know). Also, I recommend you watch the Ted-Ed animation on the Scholl siblings (and continue the lesson on their website): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtOKRsF6Rr0

11 months

Frédéric Chopin

I think you could give some spacing between paragraphs, otherwise it doesn't seem really appealing to the reader's eye. As well as giving paragraphs when starting a line. Also, I think it would be great to see more of Chopin's and Sand's dynamic. It feels like you spend a bit too much time on his brother, but not enough on her. I'm sure you'll do great revising this!

11 months

Belong

This piece has a lot of potential. Good job! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

11 months

Look at who we are

I'd definitely agree to a WtW meeting. Getting to know everyone on here irl would be amazing! (even if it were a Zoom meeting I'd be down lol). Feel free to ask me questions in case you have any.

11 months

What is happening?

11 months

On Lesbianism

I'm a sucker for sapphic content, I just can't help it. That's why I love this piece so damn much! It's nice to see things like this out there (especially since we're most certainly not seeing them in school lol)

11 months

I Don't Know What To Tell Him

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

11 months

you gave me violets and purple skin

The descrption and wording are as precise as they are stunning! Everything I said are mere suggestions, because the piece is amazing as it is. You are insanely talented! I look forward to seeing more of your writing!

11 months

It's The Little Things That Make Me Smile

This piece is... soothing. I think about how I feel about the things you listed and what I'd add to my own list (if I ever made one). Nice work!

11 months

No man's land

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

11 months

Solitude.

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

this is a great piece! You painted her as a relatable individual, but later on destroyed that completely with few words!! Congratulations!

11 months

any title suggestions???

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

regarding the title: how about "real life fairytales"? It's the least-worse title I could come up with tbh lol

11 months

if only i was any good at time travel

This piece has so much potential! Please, do let me know if you post an inhanced version!! Again, I'm really glad you wrote this (someone had to). Congrats!

12 months

us bitter shamans of ink and spell

The dark aesthetic slowly built by incredible imagery will really stick with me. Congrats for the amazing work!

12 months

the twins.

PROMPT: How to be a Good Creature

I didn't read many pieces from this prompt, but I loved the way you interpreted it! Lovely piece with a great lesson. Thank you for writing this: I do believe it might make someone (or at least me) a better creature! (if this is confusing in any way, don't hesitate to reach out)

12 months

We are the pawns

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

12 months

Pretty Lies

Very good piece with a lot of potencial! Nice work!

about 1 year

Hearts of ink

PROMPT: The Unseen

From the first verse I was hooked! I really liked this piece: it's personal yet universal. I think the theme (writing) is also quite refreshing and I believe you managed to tackle it really well!

about 1 year

Writing Streak Week 1 Day 5

The rhymes are absolutely brilliant! (specially the one with the dieresis)

over 1 year

Last Few Pages

-

over 1 year