Cata Londo

Colombia

Writing shouldn't be restrictive. I believe there is no wrong or right way of writing because at the end of the day it's just our way of manifesting our thoughts.
I feel free when I write, I wanna set people free with my words.

​ESCLAVA DE MIS MIEDOS

“Quiero vivir sin miedo”, esa fue mi respuesta ante la constante incertidumbre del  futuro, la común pregunta que suelen hacer a todos los jóvenes como si el no saber qué será de nosotros el día de mañana fuera un pecado, cuando al  cuestionar a qué queremos dedicar nuestra vida llegan todos listos con afirmaciones aprendidas, esperando que como otro más del montón caigamos en la banalidad de actuar como nuestros predecesores. Pero cuando la mayor limitación que tienes no es física o socialmente aceptada como una excusa válida para ir por otro camino o simplemente temer a avanzar, es tan difícil hacer frente a la avalancha de opiniones que te quieren controlar.
“Solo supéralo” “No tengas miedo” “Eso no debería asustarte” lo he escuchado todo, lo he intentado todo también pero cuando estás paralizado en los terrores que te acechan, una frase como “Se valiente” nunca ayudará a sentirte como tal.
Todo comenzó el día de mi sexto cumpleaños,...

​ESCLAVA DE MIS MIEDOS

IS IT JUST ME??

Is it just me? Do you ever see movies or just what's happening around you and wonder how that would be written?
Have you ever been walking down a street and wondered what would it be like to read what you're seeing?
It happens to me all the time, and most of the time I end up frustrated because I can't find ways to phrase what I see so that if someone reads it they can picture what I once saw.
Can any of you do that? Because I always ask myself, but can't come up with an answer.
If you could, how would you write about today?
If you could, how does the moment you're living look like?
If you could, what does that special place feel like?
If you could, what would you make of our present?
I don't know if it's just me, but I hope I get to write the past future generations look back on. ...

Flash Fiction Competition 2020

FALLEN SKIES

The sky is falling.

Stars crash and burn, trees explode in flames and clouds blur her vision as if the tears she sheds aren't enough to finish the job. Thunder rumbles, lightning strikes, and water pelts onto the ground; yet she drags her feet, unaware of hell rising. Her head is bowed down; she feels lifeless, yet the soil cracks under her weight. She looks around as the deepest blues of the sky melt into the ground. She keeps walking, shadows darkening her soul. She sees hell's drop, yet she doesn't dare return "home".

Sky has already fallen.

Why are we so afraid to shine?

Why are we so afraid to shine?

The precise moment a person realizes they dream to become someone greater than the person they are at the time is the day a new spark is set aflame within their beings. Whether that is as a child who fantasizes about the day they travel through outer space, a tiny toddler who wishes to grow a pair of wings and become the fairy from the fairytales they've listened intently to, a boy who wants to be a chef or a girl who can't stop thinking about the day she becomes a famous soccer player. Dreams come in all shapes and sizes, and they don't settle to the standards society imposes.
Dreams are the first step towards becoming the person you're meant to be. Yet, we refuse to be dreamers, we deny any opportunity that seems too farfetched and we become masters in the art of excusing ourselves.

"It wasn't meant for me anyway."...

Ancestors Speak

GUILLERMO, HIS BROOM, AND THE NOISES OUTSIDE.

Gunshots were heard all around and people's screams melted through the loud sounds, creating the soundtrack that confused Guillermo to no end. The fight between two powers he had yet to encounter, it was the early evening of a not so normal day in April, the 9th to be precise. It happened in 1948 and Guillermo was only an innocent nine-year-old feeling on top of the world. Just another innocent boy who believed he had the power to make everything alright.
As the noises grew louder he crouched and covered his ears in an attempt to keep his thoughts from running away before he could comprehend them, he was shaking with the urge to do something, jump to action and keep his family safe and so as a sneaky thought tried to scramble away he held unto it with all his might and put it on repeat until it was done.
"Fight the enemy off, fight the enemy off, FIGHT...

RENDERED FLIGHTLESS#boredwriter

You know, people like to say giving to others and just being part of the reason someone smiles is the best feeling in the world. And perhaps they're right because just seeing his smile would be enough to make my day... Thing is, that's what happens when you love someone, you open up your heart, want them to be happy... Even if it's not by your side.
He is. Happy I mean, I could see his smile from a mile away, if only it didn't hurt as much as it did I could bear the sight of his love-struck eyes staring through hers as if wanting to know every inch of her being. How can you hate someone who doesn't even know they could be hurting you? How is it possible to be rude when they look so perfectly beautiful together? HOW can I even wish they weren't together when they're a match made in heaven?
"Why would you do it......

KEEPING UP THE ACT #dramatize

It's the most exhilarating thing to do! Keeping your blood pressure from rising while regulating your heartbeat and breathing. Working on your storylines, coming up with details, and distracting everyone while keeping your voice steady. The feeling of absolute freedom when you pull it off without getting caught, throwing people off with your words getting them lost with your actions. 
Everyone has done it, actually, they practice it daily yet they can't manage to perfect its art. They're not as passionate as me, I have it in my veins, got if from my DNA, confirmed it in my name. The call me Dolly, short for Dolos... But you can't know for sure, for all we know I might be lying.
Wait, for real, I'm being completely honest. I'm fascinated by their colors, ranging from white all the way to red. They are my aesthetic, my color palette. Actually, I revel in them.
White for trivial ones, grey for the ones...

SINCERELY CONFUSED BY HUMANKIND #Sunprompt_1

Dear diary, 

I still can't believe the world is coming to an end. And I know, you warned me about it, but can you really blame me for having a little faith in these human creatures?
Besides, it's not like you haven't made your fair share of mistakes, did you really think journaling would prevent a human monster like Hitler from ruining our plans? That was so naive, I still can't decide if I should've laughed at you or gotten angry.
Anyway, it's too late now, how could they be so stupid? We gave them all the warning signs, we had never been so obvious. Global warming? Poles melting? People dying? An actual PANDEMIC for God's sake!! And still, they didn't realize all they had to do was try, at least try to stop the hating. Like come on, how many warnings do they need? 
And even before you suggest it, no, I'm not going to tattoo it in their...

Dear diary, 

Five Line Fiction

HER GHOST IS ALIVE.

She couldn't be seen, she was desperate for recognition. They took everything from her; no medium, supernatural o normal person could get in contact. She was tired of telling stories no one would realize she was a vital part of. They overlooked her, turned her into a ghost. Alice Mckay was their narrator, turned into a ghost but alive all along.

A BIRD IN THE WATER

What is someone supposed to do when their life is falling apart? What are you supposed to do when you don't know who you are? What are you supposed to do when everything that makes you, YOU... isn't a part of yourself anymore?

Those are the questions that keep running around in Aegean Merlot's head, like a hyperactive child that's tired of running but can't stop moving. Aegean Merlot is supposed to be the perfect girl, the one that never gets in trouble, has perfect grades, and has all saints feeling embarrassed about themselves with her holiness. Thing is, she used to be happy with that, she believed that's how she was meant to be, she basked in the knowledge that everyone thought she was perfect and even used it to keep herself motivated and pushing harder at all times. The problem? She soon realized she hated the feeling of being scrutinized at all times like people were waiting for...

WHAT WE COULD'VE BEEN #pov'sLovedandLost(3)

I ADORE new year, that sense you get when there's the opportunity of a fresh start is so refreshing and this year it's no different. We are having a party at Ashley's house and I couldn't be more excited.
"Amelia, are you ready yet?"-Yells my brother from his bedroom, he's so cute, thinking I could be ready. New year's eve is THE most important night for me, of course it'll take forever to be ready.
"We still have an hour, why are you in such a rush?"-I yelled back as I jumped around trying to get my zipper up, the dress I bought is the most gorgeous tone of mauve and made my eyes pop like no other color. I had loved it as soon as I'd seen it, trying it on only proved it was perfect, the way it hugged my hips and then flared slightly at the bottom made my legs look longer and I just knew I...

Writing Streak Challenge Week 1

WRITING STREAK WEEK 1 DAY 2

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE

It was a sunny day, breathtaking scenery could be the best words to describe what the beach was that day. Certainly, it had to be an irony, such a beautiful day couldn't be the host of such terrible events.
Walking down the beach, with her back turned to the world as if telling her problems to leave her alone. Audrey was supposed to be celebrating, having some over the top party to let everyone know. She was supposed to be making people jealous, having the time of her life with the new boyfriend her parents had gotten her, but everyone thought she had found on a fantastic trip to Bali.
All her life had been so predictable, her parents wealthy, her friends top class, her boyfriends (chosen) brought to her by destiny, everyone always had known what she would do, even before she did it. Even a stranger was able to read into her future, did she...

Names, Names, Names

THE COCO PALACE

"Oh stop it"- I told Jake between chuckles as he recovered from his laughing fit. I'm starting to believe his favorite pastime is teasing me, like seriously.
"Ok, ok, I'll stop now... How about we go to that new place near the park?"-He quickly changed the subject. As we continued walking and the sun hit his eyes they looked a beautiful honey color, they are mesmerizing, I thought, well except because a fly can probably see with better resolution than him, he's practically blind by now.
"Wha... what place?" I stuttered, my bad, here comes the teasing.
"Tsk, tsk, Hally, checking me out again? It's not nice" -Told you, didn't I?
Right about now, we enter the silence treatment zone where he'll do anything to get me to talk to him and although I'm not actually mad I end up getting a milkshake or choosing where we'll eat. It's great.
"Hally!"- Let me tell you how this goes, first phase,...

WRITING STREAK WEEK 1 DAY 1

As light peeked through the curtains and cast a yellowish color onto my room I opened my eyes. I felt determined, today was finally the day I would do it. I had promised my brother I'd put all those bullies where they belonged and finally dared to do it.
Okay, maybe you are a bit confused as to why I was bullied and that, so here's a bit of background on my life. Ever since I was a little girl I've been a little overweight and despite everyone saying it was something that would go away when I grew up, it didn't. Soon I was in middle school, chubbier than my classmates and a perfect target for those somewhat insecure girls that marveled in other girl's insecurities, about then the speech changed, it became to learn to love yourself because whatever they say it's because they are jealous. But I wasn't THATnaive, I knew all those girls were kind...