d.x.rr

Historical Fiction Competition 2020

My Silent Genocide

“Gabor! Ya estás listo?” my mom yelled from the other side of the house. Gabor is my name, My mom just asked me if I was ready yet.  
      “Si, ya voy!” yes! I'm going! I quickly got my brother dressed and then we were on our way to church. 
       Our church is the big building right around the corner from my house, it's big enough to fit 100 people!! That was one of the biggest buildings I'd ever seen in my life! The village where I lived was pretty small compared to the other villages.  There were only at most like 70 people in my village, everybody knew everything about everyone. 
     “Did you hear that big brother?” asked my baby brother as we were walking to church. I nodded, ignoring him, trying to hear the adults talking.  
     “It's a quetzal big brother, those are a symbol of goodness and light.” 

“I don't care, Sachi, shut it.”  
They were...

Historical Fiction Competition 2020

My Silent Genocide

“I don't care, Sachi, shut it.”  
They were...

Historical Fiction Competition 2020

My Silent Genocide

“I don't care, Sachi, shut it.”  
They were talking...