Quarkoala

Peer Reviews

Wrong Weeds Were Planted

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition: 2021

unknown

work together

Tip: in a poem like this, where a large letter at the beginning just seems out of place, you can click the beginning and press enter, making an empty line at the beginning. If you like the large "I", you don't need to do this. Great poem. You are very talented.

12 months

hungry chapter 1 revised

This piece, as the beginning of a story, has so much potential. Keep writing, I'd love to see more.

12 months

a particle known as oblivion

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2020

I interpret this as a dream, and the title, a metaphor for the person having the dream, but in the dream, not in real life. By the way, sorry I couldn't get to this before the contest deadline.

about 1 year

no mama i am not your daughter i am your child | #aprilaprilapril

I can understand that it must be hard not to be able to tell this to your family at the moment. Still, don't let other people tell you who you are; you are who you say you are. Also, do you think that in the future, you might use a version of this for a speech?

about 1 year

Behind the Door [a working title] - Extract Two

Is there an extract three coming soon?

about 1 year

Roots of Animosity

Consider, in your next draft, having the poem broken up into stanzas. Right now, it is a bit hard to read. Also, consider getting rid of the big W, by adding a blank line before it (click on the very beginning of the poem and press enter). I really appreciate pieces to review, but when entering them, please try to do it in the correct format (stated in the rules).

about 1 year

In Which Heroes Fall and Villains Rise

This is a very strong poem, with a very strong perspective. Great job!

about 1 year

what if faeries were just guardian angels that didn't make the cut? #TwistyTale

All in all, a good idea, which can be developed more.

about 1 year

Poetry Is

I can't tell if it was intentional to make the first two lines the only two lines that don't rhyme (I know the third and fourth lines don't rhyme, but they are near rhymes), or if it was because it was too hard to think of a rhyme. I like the emphasis, though.

about 1 year

you are a spectrum of light

Great piece. Also, I have come up with multiple possible interpretations for the title, but I don't know if any are the ones you were intending.

about 1 year

My Space and Soul

PROMPT: Ten Words to You

Tip: The big B at the beginning seems to be getting in the way. This can be avoided by adding an empty line at the beginning.

about 1 year

where only rock remains

Consider changing capitalization and puctuation in your next draft, because currently, it seems a bit random.

about 1 year

my home in ten words

PROMPT: Ten Words to You

Consider changing "Rain thundering" to "rain thundering" in you next draft.

about 1 year

What You Call A Friend

PROMPT: Friendship Tweet

It might be better to use the word "that's" instead of "that is," but maybe not.

about 1 year

The Anguished Scream

Overall, a great poem!

about 1 year

Lark

-I would love to see a (couple) follow up(s) to this, each with possibilities of what next could have happened to the narrator.

about 1 year