ariii

I hope to always write and make people smile!!
Writing is my dream and ill never give up! <3

Breaking up

Breaking up to me isn't just about physical separation, but also an emotional connection being broken. I used to call him baby, now that's all I can address him with even in my thoughts. My baby.. He isn't mine anymore, but I still dream of him. I dream of how he might still take my hand, or hold me again. Part of me knows that I will go back to him if he asked, but the other side knows I would just get hurt again like the first time. I think of him, when I know I shouldn't. Love does not disappear overnight and I can't wait to feel it again. I resonate with Taylor Swift's song "Begin Again" where she sings "I've been spending the last eight months thinking all love ever does
Is break and burn and end
But on a wednesday in a café I watched it begin again"
Her song gave me hope that maybe I...

Fireworks

Fireworks are beautiful at ignition. The bright array of colors shooting across the sky, united, but also not quite. They burst at free will leaving their willing spectators marveled at their sheer beauty. However, the show is soon over. The fireworks that once lit up the night sky dispersed and returned to the ground as dust. Isn't that what we all came from? My love was compared to fireworks. Here for the splendor, but gone for eternity. You think of the bright lights and how you could stare wide-eyed at its dispersal. No, you couldn't have stopped it. You wish you did. You wish the fireworks stayed forever. But life wouldn't let it. No. Life is cruel, not in the sense that it doesn’t give you fireworks, but because it takes it away. That very pain is worse than not seeing it at all. Staring back at the night sky, sometimes I can't help but wonder if it existed at...

I heart you

You used to want me so bad. "Baby can we go out?" "Baby, will you stay with me forever?" I remember your words so clearly. Whatever you say is etched in my head, baby. But am I even in your thoughts. Do you think her before you fall asleep? Is it still me? You used to say "I love you". Now, you do not even read my messages. I started to accept, but I knew somewhere between "I was busy" was a "I don't think I love you anymore" because you distanced yourself from me and only me. You were the firework in my life. The brightest one. The ​cutest too. If you said you would stay, where are you, my world.

My world

Because who really knows you? Beneath the layers you lay, beneath the facade you keep. Who knows deep down inside your heart? Your very desire? And what if the one you loved walked right out? Would that be the end of the world? Because he was my world. He left. I'm torn. Do I leave, hold on, or try to get him back.. He is my world and I love him but its hurting me so badly. He's calling other girls, and tells me he has no internet. I hurt in silence, until you called it off. I want to fix it and you say its over. I try and I hope you see because baby, there was never someone who I looked to as my world, until I saw my world crash in front of me. Never did I know the world ending hurt this bad. People talk of our breakup as if they know what happened. Do...

Hoodie

I looked across my bed and my gaze landed on you hoodie. That white hoodie that you gave me so long ago. It made me think of you. My airconditioner is switched on, and I feel extremely cold. I am shivering. I walked all the way out, to get another jacket. It was too hard. Your hoodie showed me how things changed. That hoodie which I used to wear everyday used to ve warm, from your touch. Now, it lies on my bed in the cold, while I stay freezing cold too. Wearing it makes me feel like your arms are round me. I remember you asking "Can I hug you?" I said no because I was scared I would fall too hard. I did. But this brings back too much. Too much. The hoodie, like your arms, can't keep me warm now. I took it to wash. It is too far. You are too far.

Hoodie

My World

Won't you?

Do you think he likes me? I like him. And that was just the start of it all. Our marvellous, but also secret love story. Something I wish I still had with me, and something I seek comfort in, in my darkest days when I am in need of a refuge. I think of our love the most when I feel helpless. I think of how you would love me when I was crumbling away. Now, I'm here picking myself up and comforting myself. No, you are with me. But it sure feels like you are dating her. You make her laugh, she stands by your desk. You call her name out loud, while I fade into the distance. The rumours start. I have broken up with you. You like her. I tell them, no, knowing you could be laughing it off somewhere else, making me look like a fool. And every time I try to convince them, I am...

Moments

I used to think that maybe love was magical. I was not wrong. Not at all. I believed I would love the one I love forever. I was not wrong either. I used to think being in love would make me happy. I was nto wrong. I thought he would love me forever. I was wrong. I thought  I knew what love was. I was very wrong. I didn't. The greatest poets in the world expressed love in so many ways. Yes, they were right. And to everyone in love, yes it is precious and beautiful.

I miss you, for how you used to do things that would make my heart beat faster. You used to take my hand and tell me things you knew I wanted to hear. You made me believe in a forever, something I thought only existed in fairytales. At that point, I thought we would never grow apart, or fall apart for that matter. Looking...

Writing Streak Challenge Week 7

Writing Streak Challenge Week 7-Heart Tweets

I love someone who has a smile that makes my heart skip a beat. I love someone whom upon hearing his name makes me stop and look around. I love someone I think about all day, without fail. I love someone who I can talk to. I love someone who can make me laugh. I love him because he makes everything in my life worth it. He makes me feel like I have to go through the hard times because he would be there for me. He makes me feel loved and one message from him can make me smile more than I smile in the entire day without him. When I’m with him, everything else fades away and all I see is him. He is the reason I write, because I want him to be proud of me even though I have never told him. I love him because of the love he brings into my life, and the...

in progress

This is going to be your typical love story. Too many people have started their story with "This is not your typical love story". I want to be different. Frankly, I started with that very smart line before changing it to this. I have a dream to write a book, and I want to be a writer, a journalist, a poet, anything. I want to write. I hope to write. This is my story.

I had school the next day and I had finished my third draft of the English composition. Everyone but me had handed in, but it was not because I did not do it, but because I wanted it to be better. The teacher was mad. Again. Im just putting in the most effort I can. Why does she not get it? Why does she not appreciate my passion for her subject and lesson?

It was as if she could hear my thoughts. as if my thoughts...

Farsick

Farsick

I am not homesick, but farsick. Ever heard of it? It means to miss a place that you have never been to. Thats right. I miss a place I haven't been to. The places I have been to are no longer exciting. However, excitement is not what I seek. I seek comfort in the unknown. Not just any unknown. I miss the Blue ridge Mountains of the USA. No, I have never been there before.No, not even close by. Where I am and where those mountains are, are way off on the map geographically. However, that's never stopped me from missing the place.

The Blue Ridge Mountains, USA appear blue because of something the trees emit. The trees emit isoprene, a hydrocarbon, as a way to protect themselves from excess heat stress, especially o=during the summer when temperatures are higher. When the isoprene is released into the air, it reacts with the molecules in the atmosphere to form the haze...

Open Prompt

Gratitude

The world gets complicating. Nothing is a straight line. A person can be a double edged sword. A person you trust could turn on you. You will never know of the hidden intentions of t=others. As such, I am thankful for science.

Science is facts. Facts never change. Being able to study science is like being able to know, that even when everything around you changes, that stays the same. There is some sort of consistency in the helplessness. I am thankful for still knowing something even when I feel like I don't know anything anymore.

Science is like friend. It explains things you didn't know the answers to, it lets you take as much of itself as you need.

I am thankful for science. For being able to be sure of something in this complicated world.

Open Prompt

Gratitude

The bustling city lost its liveliness, while many had lost their lives. Others had to adapt to a new routine, and many were frustrated, having lost their busy lifestyle. Who wouldn't miss having endless things to fill up their schedule. Their once fully packed day lay like a lunchbox with nothing in it. The sandwiches, with its many layers became bare, as had the lives of many. How I wish I could go back to my busy life. I know I could not. Not now. Now, we have to be socially responsible. We need to unite and stand with those who need it.Not physically, but mentally and. By wanting our busy lives back is not wrong in any sense, but while people are fighting to live, can we really complain about being able to go through our now mundane days? Is it fair to complain when we hear the cries of those who are suffering. Is it fair to say...

Pocket Poem

Horse riding

No one said
It was easy
Yet we plunged
Too deep Too far

Like a rider on horseback
I was held
Free to love
But trapped to feel

It was dangerous
It was thrilling
It was scary
It was all I wanted

In the fear
I found refuge

The horse 
Now could lead itself
With its rider 
On its back
No longer steering
But only looking

In my fear
I found love
and love found me

Five Line Fiction

Unexpected

It was on the news, and it was everything I could hear. There are 60 new cases in the district, everyone has to stay at home. Wear a mask. That was all I saw. That was all I heard.

Star Wish

What do you see?

What do you see when you look up in the sky? What do you see, when you look into the eyes of someone you love? Looking up that Saturday night, the stars shining bright in the dim night sky looked like performers on a staged they owned. I looked to my left, to see my family laughing over the campfire in the distance . I had decided to leave for awhile to take in the beauty of the scenery around us. I raised my eyes to the sky once again, and saw what I thought was a shooting star. Then I heard my Grandmother's voice in my head "I used to make wishes on wishing stars, because my mama said they always come true." I thought hard to myself. What do I want? What would make this precious chance with it? Finally, I came  up with what I thought at that time was worth my wish. My previous wish. My...