Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
A bit empathic
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

For everyone who's sat on a tree branch and thought for a while
Or someone who wanted to

Reading | Cub Creek (A Cub Creek Series Book 1)

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters

Dating Kristoff? He's got a reindeer, good sense of self... He's got it all.

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

keepsunnyaroundfoundation.cake.org (credit: happy butterfly)

"I was born singing. Most babies cry. I sang an aria."
~ Fairest (book) by Gail Carson Levine

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

Peer Reviews

Joe's Chisel

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2020

There's something I touched on in my last highlight that I'd like to elaborate on. This story is wonderful, but it doesn't seem to have a grounding theme. I can see hints at what it could be throughout the story, but it would be beneficial to draw those out and make it clear to the reader what the "point" of the story is. Why is it so important that it be told (by Rob when he is an adult)? You don't have to spoon-feed the moral to the readers, but it's good to have clear intentions for how you want them to feel after reading your story. As Maya Angelou once said, "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” The heart of a story is what makes it a masterpiece. Also, this doesn't quite feel like an excerpt from a novel at the moment. I'd suggest writing in some loose ends that hint at a greater storyline. Alternatively, you could add something to the beginning that suggests this is a flashback in a novel, a collection of stories told by the adult Robert, or something else entirely. The possibilities are endless, just remember that this is an entry to a novel-writing competition, not a short story competition.

18 days

Prefect Essay (Edited!) (Please comment)

This is amazing! I'm sure that the people who choose the prefect(s) will recognize your loyalty, kindness, and determination. Good luck!

27 days

Books Over Looks

PROMPT: Speechwriting Competition 2020

I would love to see you implement the quote in the footnotes somewhere in the speech. It's very potent, and it concisely sums up your points, along with effectively implementing the persuasive method that is ethos.

about 2 months

Trampled Rose Draft Final

PROMPT: Historical Fiction Competition 2020

I'm so sorry if I come across as harsh here. I was very nitpicky because I see the potential in this piece. Additionally, I'm super exhausted right now, so I'm not as good as communicating what's going on inside my head. :)

2 months

A Hand to Hold

Good luck!!

2 months

Promise

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

If you need tips on shortening longer sentences/phrases, a surprisingly helpful resource is the song My Shot from Hamilton. I'm not sure if the guidelines allow me to link it, but there's an article describing the way Lin Manuel Miranda condensed each point further and further. The result is a potent, invigorating rap that becomes Hamilton's anthem in the show, and it could be valuable to your drafting process. Here are some title ideas to arouse your imagination: The Wind Stole Him from Me A Storm of Wind and Worry Jasper in the Sea Good luck and may the odds ever be in your favor!

4 months

A Bouquet for my Actress (Spoken Piece)

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2020

5 months

i am Hailey #IAmContest

6 months

Inside The Hailstorm

I love this piece so much. <3

6 months

Infinity Was Never A Number #70comp2

This piece is simply glorious. I've probably used the word glorious a lot in this review, but it's the strongest word I can come up with. I am stunned by your talent.

6 months

Radio Broadcasting

6 months

stars & stars & stars

PROMPT: Spaceship Earth

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Your figurative language throughout the piece is spot on, and your message was well-communicated without being forced.

7 months

crease, sculpt, shape #champion #tiebreaker (feedback, please!!! <3)

May the best writer win!

7 months

Roots of Animosity

I think that if you made this piece more personal to yourself by incorporating details from your life (or the lives of people you know), then this poem will go from being great to marvelous. Once you tap into your heart (which I know you can do), readers will be drawn into your writing and finish in awe.

8 months

Clockwork.

I can definitely relate to the feeling of peace and affection turned slightly bittersweet, and I think you captured that emotion quite masterfully. Wonderful job!

9 months

All I see are things of Evil

I really like this piece. From it's imagery to its unique concepts, I was definitely drawn in.

9 months

December

9 months

Loving A Boy Like Him

10 months

It Makes Sense Or Does It ?

I like this piece <3

10 months

Petals Singed Black

unknown

We All Belong To The Sea

PROMPT: Water Body

unknown

When I Ran

10 months

khudkushi

unknown

disappoints | #ArtOfCompression

unknown

A Song To Stuffed Animals

unknown