Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie, mindfruit, Rohan's Defender, (unofficially) rat in a hat, & all
Sis to happy butterfly
birthdaycandles & happygiggles are my apple juice Jesus sisters
(Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy)

My profile picture is my "personal crest" I designed and commissioned.

"you can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy"
~ Nightbirde

"my thoughts cry in verse"
~ traitor.o.us (poem) by Anne Blackwood

"i streak the atmosphere with ink."
~ graffiti-streaked poetry (poem) by Paisley Blue

Anxiety must-reads:
https://bit.ly/2YUyome
https://bit.ly/2TsNYSa
And pray. That's the only reason I'm free now.

Peer Reviews

Chaos Twins

Sorry that this isn't the most in-depth review. I don't usually write them anymore as I have to save my mental energy for other things, but I saw some things that needed more than a comment, so I thought I'd give you a little review.

3 months

catharsis for truth

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition: 2021

I'm very impressed with your performance. You did a wonderful job of emoting and communicating your piece verbally and physically. As you continue to get more comfortable with your piece, I encourage you to experiment with changing the volume of your voice slightly throughout the performance. For one word, your voice lowered to a whisper, and it was very effective.

5 months

Dark Court

I know you already know to fix the formatting problem with this. ;P

7 months

reckless creature

I'm so proud of you!

8 months

Joe's Chisel

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2020

There's something I touched on in my last highlight that I'd like to elaborate on. This story is wonderful, but it doesn't seem to have a grounding theme. I can see hints at what it could be throughout the story, but it would be beneficial to draw those out and make it clear to the reader what the "point" of the story is. Why is it so important that it be told (by Rob when he is an adult)? You don't have to spoon-feed the moral to the readers, but it's good to have clear intentions for how you want them to feel after reading your story. As Maya Angelou once said, "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” The heart of a story is what makes it a masterpiece. Also, this doesn't quite feel like an excerpt from a novel at the moment. I'd suggest writing in some loose ends that hint at a greater storyline. Alternatively, you could add something to the beginning that suggests this is a flashback in a novel, a collection of stories told by the adult Robert, or something else entirely. The possibilities are endless, just remember that this is an entry to a novel-writing competition, not a short story competition.

11 months

Prefect Essay (Edited!) (Please comment)

This is amazing! I'm sure that the people who choose the prefect(s) will recognize your loyalty, kindness, and determination. Good luck!

11 months

Books Over Looks

PROMPT: Speechwriting Competition 2020

I would love to see you implement the quote in the footnotes somewhere in the speech. It's very potent, and it concisely sums up your points, along with effectively implementing the persuasive method that is ethos.

12 months

Trampled Rose Draft Final

PROMPT: Historical Fiction Competition 2020

I'm so sorry if I come across as harsh here. I was very nitpicky because I see the potential in this piece. Additionally, I'm super exhausted right now, so I'm not as good as communicating what's going on inside my head. :)

12 months

A Hand to Hold

Good luck!!

about 1 year

Promise

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2020

If you need tips on shortening longer sentences/phrases, a surprisingly helpful resource is the song My Shot from Hamilton. I'm not sure if the guidelines allow me to link it, but there's an article describing the way Lin Manuel Miranda condensed each point further and further. The result is a potent, invigorating rap that becomes Hamilton's anthem in the show, and it could be valuable to your drafting process. Here are some title ideas to arouse your imagination: The Wind Stole Him from Me A Storm of Wind and Worry Jasper in the Sea Good luck and may the odds ever be in your favor!

about 1 year

A Bouquet for my Actress (Spoken Piece)

PROMPT: Poetry and Spoken Word Competition 2020

about 1 year

i am Hailey #IAmContest

over 1 year

Inside The Hailstorm

I love this piece so much. <3

over 1 year

Infinity Was Never A Number #70comp2

This piece is simply glorious. I've probably used the word glorious a lot in this review, but it's the strongest word I can come up with. I am stunned by your talent.

over 1 year

Radio Broadcasting

over 1 year

crease, sculpt, shape #champion #tiebreaker (feedback, please!!! <3)

May the best writer win!

over 1 year

Roots of Animosity

I think that if you made this piece more personal to yourself by incorporating details from your life (or the lives of people you know), then this poem will go from being great to marvelous. Once you tap into your heart (which I know you can do), readers will be drawn into your writing and finish in awe.

over 1 year

Clockwork.

I can definitely relate to the feeling of peace and affection turned slightly bittersweet, and I think you captured that emotion quite masterfully. Wonderful job!

over 1 year

All I see are things of Evil

I really like this piece. From it's imagery to its unique concepts, I was definitely drawn in.

over 1 year

December

over 1 year

Loving A Boy Like Him

over 1 year

It Makes Sense Or Does It ?

I like this piece <3

over 1 year

Petals Singed Black

unknown

We All Belong To The Sea

PROMPT: Water Body

unknown

When I Ran

over 1 year

khudkushi

unknown

A Song To Stuffed Animals

unknown