Liu Zirong

- INTJ/INFJ
- typical Libra
- Ravendor
- literature fanatic
- author of 1 book
&1 more in progress!
- tennis & track team
- painting, writing, reading!
- animes!!!
- singing & song writing & flute
- a perfectionist and a dreamer :)

Dreamers can never be tamed :)

We are leaping gleefully up and down, hugging one another, singing, shouting, and saying, "It's so hot out here!" -- like the children we will never, ever cease to be.
-- Paulo Coelho, *Aleph*

The question, O me! so sad, recurring—What good amid these, O me, O life?

Answer.
That you are here—that life exists and identity,
That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
-- Walt Whitman

Peer Reviews

Nobody's Empire

I really love this piece and admire your courage. Good luck with your college application and I sincerely hope you can get well soon <3

17 days

Running War

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2020

To further improve your novel-writing skills, you can try to build up your vocabulary more so that your descriptions can be more refined.

about 2 months

misogynists can't play chess

PROMPT: Now to Then

Hiii Amalia this is Zirong. I only joined WtW this year and only saw your old pieces recently(which made me hope I could know this platform earlier). You published a goodbye message some time ago and I don't know whether you can still see this review but I'll write it anyway. You are sooooooo talented and I really love all your pieces! I hope you can keep up all the excellent work, and I look forward to reading your books in the future!

about 2 months

Alice and I

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2020

2 months

Happiness Before Your Death Date

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2020

I feel that the turning point of the story is a bit abrupt. You can develop more in terms of how the dance changed the relationship between Fern and Adeline. Also, try not to mix "Addy" and "Adeline" together in the later parts. Although readers can tell they refer to the same person, a sudden switch can still be a little bit confusing. In all, please keep up your passion for writing and I really look forward to reading more from you!

2 months

Genesis Draft 2 (Sci-fi)

PROMPT: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Story: Draft Two

You are strong in word choices, and I really look forward to reading more from you. One small point I'd like to raise is that the shift in the ending is a little bit abrupt. The unexpectedness of the twist can be effective, but the way the heroic role of Small comes on stage is a bit confusing. I guess there needs to be more layering for that? In all, you did a really GREAT job within 500 words!

7 months

SOLACE DRAFT II

PROMPT: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Story: Draft Two

Reading this piece really feels like watching a movie. You are strong in word choices. Looking forward to reading more from you!

7 months

Down the Rabbit Hole: The Academy

PROMPT: Down the Rabbit Hole

I really love the structure of your piece! It is easy to read and the "conversation form"(though it is essentially a letter) is pretty engaging! One suggestion is that some descriptions can be more subtle to make it clearer what's "special" about the Academy -- not only the buildings, stones, giant windows etc. but more on delicate mental connections. (I really want to see more details like "pretty and pretentious. The last place in the world you'd expect to find someone like me --> kinda suggests the backstory and personality of the protagonist)

7 months

I Don't Know

9 months

0. The Fool (V2)

I really like how the phrase "the only dominion of a master of none" adds to the depth of this piece, and its comparison with "discovering immense fortunes and immeasurable fame within the narrow reaches between this familiar field and the cloudless sky above." However, you may consider how you can develop this contrast -- the protagonist's(or a human's) insignificant existence vs the richness and amplitude of his/her(or our) mind -- further in your descriptions. This, together with more artful word choices, will resoundingly "wow" your readers.

9 months