shruu

Novel Writing Competition 2020

A full circle

Aria unwrapped the box lying before her. She ripped off the plastic, threw it on the floor and opened up the box. Her eyes were big with curiosity, eyebrows held up. The box had a pendant and a small letter. The letter read, "There's a famous Japanese myth that says that the face you have now is the face of the person whom you loved the most in your last life". What was that supposed to mean? The pendant was an unrecognizable icon. She kept it aside and headed to the kitchen to make herself some lemon tea. Her mind was racing- she couldn't stop thinking who must've sent these.  

Aria had moved to the countryside recently, tired of the hustle-bustle of the city of Tokyo. Not only was the chaos of the city troubling her but her loneliness ate her up too. She never got the affection of her parents as she grew up in an orphanage. Love...

Novel Writing Competition 2020

A full circle