ZZ7656

14 year old girl with a passion for writing stories, making people laugh, and both musical and not musical theater.

Feel free to leave constructive critiscism on any of my pieces.

Daddy's Girl #GOrwell2

I kiss my daughter, Natasha, on her little red head. I watch her eyes brim with tears, her beautiful, expressive, green eyes now dulled over with pure pain. I can't stand seeing her in pain. Hurts me to the core. I kneel down to meet her face, brushing a few pieces of firey red curly cues out of her eyes and tucked them behind her ears.
    "Baby girl, promise me you'll always be on your best behavior for Ma." I say rubbing my thumbs across her cheek to wipe away her tears.
    "I promise." Natasha says, her voice cracking slightly, I wrap her in my arms.
    "Promise me one more thing, promise me that if this war kills me and you never see Daddy again...you make Ma put up that ornament of the reindeer I bought." I say tickling her stomach, she smiles, I swear she has he most beautiful smile.
    "I promise, Daddy."...

Perfectly Broken #beautyofessence

Many people have told me that I’m beautiful inside and out...they are only right about one
I’m America’s version of gorgeous
Blonde hair, big lips, blue eyes
But the truth is
I’m fake
Artificial
A decoy
My hair?
Extensions
And enough bleach to fill ten rivers
My eyes? Colored contacts, I order them in bulk
Brown eyes are too “plain”
And my lips? A birthday gift
To “raise my self confidence” as my dad put it 
I have a waist the size of Barbie’s
But I starve to keep it
Two fingers, “Scout’s honor”
Learned that from a TV show
I was ten
I can’t cry, my mascara can’t run
Plus if I did I couldn’t stop
I’m perfection, according to society
But I’m perfectly broken 

Different

The carpet of the library began to irritate me as I listen to my brother read a book to the class, with assistance from the teacher of course. It was almost nap time, and I watched silently as the teachers grinned at my brother as he read yet another Doctor Seus story, occasionally helping him with longer words or phrases. My mind began to wonder, and I shift slightly to try and get at least somewhat comfortable on the blue, plush carpet. I started to try and think of what I'm going to do with yet another an hour and a half of naptime, I could never sleep, too much on my mind. Maybe I'll play with Jellycat, I thought, still watching my brother as the teachers praised him and praised him. Why is he the smart one? Who knew. I decided that my magenta stuffed cat was not enough to keep me entertained while my peers would...

Sails in the Sunrise #Colours

The sky had lightened from indigo to a light blue. I could tell it was almost dawn by the way the soft early morning light shone through my window. My alarm went off, and I switched it off immediately to make it be quiet, I couldn't risk waking anyone else up. You see, every morning I wake up to watch the sun come out of it's hiding. To watch as the cold,dark night turn into something so pink,precious,and delicate as the sunrise. I always open my bedroom window and let the soft, gentle winds carress my face and letting my honey brown hair flow in the wind like crisp,white sail of a boat. Like the sail of my father's sailboat.
     It used to be our ritual,we would sneak out of bed every morning. Climbing out of our rooms through our bedroom windows,and sitting to watch the sunrise,carefull not to knock any of the grey birch wood shingles...

The Witch's Rose #witchinghour

As I sit in my new throne made of braches and thorns
A crown made of horns is placed upon my head
It is time
Time for me to rise
As queen
Queen of the witches
I stand before my people
Each one of their dark red eyes ablaze
"I am now your queen" I say
I light a nearby lantern beside me with a single gaze
The crowd gasps and cheers
"I am queen of the witches, there will be no fear, for I am here"
With a flurish of my hand emerges a rose
This is a rose as sacred as can be
It is the rose of the witch queen
There are less petals than prickles
But that's what makes it the being it is
It is the Witch's Rose
The rose of my people
The rose of my life
The rose of every single witch child, husband, wife
It is the Witch's Rose

Wanderers in the Rain #JakeFrommContest20

​Rain crashed as loud as drums against the window. I sat quietly from the window seat, watching each droplet hit the window, then slowly fall, leaving a streak of water behind. Suddenly I heard footsteps behind me, and I knew immediately who it was. My little brother, Clayton. He liked to watch me whenever I watched the rain, to try and freak me out. He thought that watching the rain was weird.
    "I know you're behind me, Clay, you don't scare me anymore I can see your reflection through the window, rain and all," I said, still watching the rain, drop, hit, fall, repeat. He sighed and sat down next to me, nuzzling his head into my neck.
   "Why do you watch the rain, Contessa, I don't understand." He whined, I just sighed and stroked his soft honey-blonde curls.
   "There's a lot you can learn from the rain, a lot you can see from the...

Daddy's Girl #GOrwell2

I kiss my daughter, Natasha, on her little red head. I watch her eyes brim with tears, her beautiful, expressive, green eyes now dulled over with pure pain that I can't help but feel like I caused. I kneel down to meet her face, brushing a few pieces of firey red curly cues out of her eyes and tucking them behind her ears.
    "Babygirl, promise me you'll always be on your best behavior for Ma." I say rubbing my thumbs across her cheek to wipe away her tears.
    "I promise, Daddy." Natasha says, I kiss...

Daddy's Girl #GOrwell2

Blue Magic #WritingFantasy

The river water glistned under the beaming light of the sun. I started at my reflection, my platinum white hair whipsy and wild as it fell down my shoulders, my grey eyes both dull in lively at the same time, I now understood why people said I was the spitting image of my mother. My mother's name was Delphine, she was the queen of the kingdom of Altania until my brother, Prince Elvan,  turned power hungry. My mother was killed by Elvan's own hand, he used his powers. I still remebr the day Elvan shot beams upon beams of Blue Magic at my mother, the most powerful kind of magic. Making her weaker and weaker, not even the best gaurds could protect her. He had training, ambitition, an utimately just plain talent in his ability to do magic. Tears now brimmed my eyes, just thinking about how my brother had used his sacred magic to kill his own...

Like my Garden #writerswords (category 1 prompt 2)

I sit at my garden
That I once loved
So colorful and vivid that even the sky above
Was envious
Now it began to wither away
I sit and wonder how it became
The dry patch of dust it is today
Maybe it's because I lost my drive
To care and nurture and keep it alive
Maybe it's because something inside of me had died
Or maybe it' s because I lost my flame
And like the garden I began to wither away
To the point where I was too lazy and became the person I am today
With every loss I endured
With every time I was told to be less demure
With every time I lost my head
My life filled my heart with dread
I had begun to wither away
Like my garden of color that had turned to nothing but grey

I sit at my garden
That I once loved
Was envious
Now it began to wither away
I sit and wonder how it became
The dry patch of dust it is today
Maybe it's because I lost my drive
To care and nurture and keep it alive
Or maybe it' s because I lost my flame
With every loss I endured
With every time I lost my head
My life filled my heart with dread
I had begun to wither away

Piney Ridge #writerswords (category 2 prompt 2)

"Izzy!" I called, running top speed into Piney Ridge forrest. My big sister, Izabelle, or Izzy as I call her, had been missing for about 2 hours now. She was supposed to have gone for a quick hike to clear her head after her big break-up with her boyfriend, Chester. I looked at my Garmin watch, it read 6:00 pm.
    "Shoot, it's gonna be dark soon." I mumbled to myself. I continued to walk through Piney Ridge, trying to ignore the sound of the wind whistling. I pulled up the hood on my sweatshirt, the autmn cold was nipping at my nose and I hated it.
    "Izzy!" I called again, this time a little bit louder, I wanted to get out of here with Izzy as soon as possible.
    "Izabelle I swear to god if this is some sort of joke!" I called so loud it made the crows fly away. Caw! The crows called,...