AmberFlame

Gryffindor
Thunderclan
Daughter of Athena
Opal
Earth Element

Write with fire!

Belle #moderntwist

Closing hours were nearing, the library now but a trivial institution. With the exception of the few staff members clearing up tables and sitting behind the check-out, the library was pretty much empty. Usually empty anyway, the library consisted of few regular visitors: the old woman who made the weekly trip to study European history, the children of a small family who would run around the mini garden, the middle-aged man who would program for hours on the computers, and, lastly, the young maiden who would read from noon till closing time every single day. All were interesting sorts of people, yet the maiden stood out. The faculty themselves were stunned by her punctuality everyday, her personality (which they knew little of), and her extraordinary beauty. 

It was soon that infrequent visitors began noticing this modern belle who arrived at the strike of 12 daily, without fail. She especially seemed to catch the eye of swaggering...

My December Competition 2019

December in the Airport

The cold pierced my skin like a thousand long needles. Reaching through three layers of warm fabric, it touched my arms and legs and chest. The evening had just begun to unfold, the sunset ceasing. Living in Austin was not as summery as I had expected it to be, but I suppose it was my fault to expect the elegant winter months to be summery. These months always had such pride behind them, almost a haughtiness. The other months certainly couldn't compare to the "high and mighty" nature of December. The black sky was clear, the darkness looming over me. But no matter, because the chill had no effect on my warmth-longing body, for the adrenaline coursing through my veins distracted me. Enough to forget the crisp nature of the air. Not enough to forget that it was December, though, because I could not help but notice how exquisite the Austin Bergstrom Airport looked during this winter month.  

Austin is...

My December Competition 2019

December in the Airport

Austin is...

Rain Petals (1) #writerswords2

Vast sky
Ink spills
Darkness takes over
Clouds, like the earth,
thunder
when brushing against each other.
The sky has already withered,
but it readies itself to bring life...

Rain, like crystal drops,
falls.
The sound of crystal is clear, yet
these water drops are even more so.
Like feathers breathing on the earth,
caressing it,
loving it,
crying for it.

A single rose speaks back.
Unfurling its red petals
at the sound of Earth's music.
Its size almost doubling,
it sings back,
loving love.

The rain quiets.
The drops vanish.
The rose, fulfilled,
tires.
It's time is over.
The water gracing its petals like a 
thousand jewels,
the rose withers.

My December Competition 2019

December in the Airport

The cold pierced my skin like a thousand long needles. Reaching, with greed, through 3 layers of warm fabric, it reached my arms and legs and chest. The evening had just begun to unfold, the sunset just ceasing. Living in Austin was not as summery as I had expected it to be, but I suppose it was my own fault to expect the elegant winter months to be simply summery. These months always had such pride behind them, almost a haughtiness. The black sky was clear, but the darkness loomed over me like a bad omen lying in wait, ready to spring into another wave of numbing cold. But no matter, because the chill had no effect on my warmth-longing body, for the adrenaline coursing through my veins distracted me. Enough to forget the unmistakable crisp nature of the air. Not enough to forget that it was December, though, because I could not help but notice how exquisite the Austin...

Venera #thewitchinghour

Weeping willows whispered to her.
'Come to us.
Come back to us.'
That's when it ended.

Village of Salix, Dawn
Subtle trills from various birds began to sound
The crickets ceased their chatter and
the roosters woke with the sun.
Rays of light wedged themselves through chipped bricks of a worn cottage.
Of no consequence, of course. 
What consequences could something as inferior as light possible have upon the
village witch herself?
The most powerful known wielder of magic.
Venera.
Yet somehow, at Salix, nobody knew of her
speciality.
Nobody knew that 
she was a witch.

Viridi Fields, Noon
Venera stood alone.
A blemish upon the green vastness.
Her black hair swayed with the soft breeze,
her soul one with the world.
The dark world.
The OtherWorld.
Where everyone saw green stalks, 
Venera saw red shoots.
Underneath the shadow of tall green plants,
lay blood-red braided shoots.
The witch knelt, and
without caution,
harshly yanked the roots from the ground. ...

About Me! #justoneq&a

Anha recently published a piece asking questions. It seems to be a popular trend right now, so I decided to jump right in with the bandwagon. Here are the answers to some super interesting questions!

what was the weirdest thing you've ever done as a kid?​ 
I'm not really sure as my memories are super muddled, but I remember combining weird foods together. Like super weird foods.

which bird in the area that you live in do you hate the most?
There's this one bird that warbles, I don't know the name, but the warble is pretty annoying.

i know what google says, but do you consider turtles to be reptiles?
I do.

what is the meaning of life? (courtesy of whoever did the #capitallettersq&a, i can't find them for the life of me.)
It changes for every person. For me, I think passion and love come first. It doesn't have to be romantic love, but just someone who...

Scandalous

I never thought I would end up feeling this way. Every time soft brown eyes met my dark ones, the soft wings of a thousand butterflies tickled me inside. It wasn't love... It couldn't be. Never had I ever fallen in love. This couldn't have been an exception.

But, somehow, it was.

I never really realized how naïve I was. Thinking that consequences were only for wrong-doers. Thinking that I was a perfect little child who followed parents' orders. Thinking that there wasn't more to life than being innocent and obedient until I was old enough.

Then the exception came along. 
Soft brown eyes.
Lush, black hair. 
Unblemished, copper skin.
Playful smile.
Perfect.

I could not compare.
Harsh, dark eyes.
Messy curls.
Inconsistent complexion.
Chaotic teeth.
Imperfect.

The exception had changed me. For the better or for the worse - I could not tell. Something inside told me that this was wrong. That this...

Your View

My View

Love is inevitable.

Perfection is always an arm's reach away.

Tears dry up.

Writers write from within.

Life is full of pain.

Life is full of joy.

Uniqueness is born from differences.

Eyes reflect souls.

In life, the setting sun rises every time.

Hearts are worth more than gold.

Penned by Ink

i draw walls,
black ink dripping from my
quill.

a cage appears
artistry transforms;
loneliness is born

i know i can break away
maim this prison of my own making
hypnotize it to let me out.

and i will.

i call upon my pen
my vial of ink
my pot of imagination
my prism of colors

this time black cannot win
how i managed to create this
monstrosity
is how i will free myself

isolation isn't the way...

i draw it all away
and draw hope, instead
my prism bursts
i am free