RegentCorgi

The world is crazy, my life is crazy... but, hey. You know who's still going strong?

Me.

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum

Peer Reviews

Everyone Likes Mac'n'Cheese

PROMPT: Food Writing Competition 2020

Your tone switches multiple times throughout the piece. At first, it's all about what the dish means to you, but then it switches to a colder, more professional analyzation of the history. I think you need to find a balance between these two mediums while still staying true to the writing prompt: what the dish means to YOU. Great work!

4 months

Enchanted #LBC12

I think, if using a rhyme scheme (and this is totally personal preference) you should try to keep a steady meter. This way, your rhyming elements appear to rhyme, and you don't have to dissect them out of convoluted syllables.

4 months

family - to quote shakespeare, "or what you will"

Awesome job. I really love this piece.

4 months

the science of peregrination

Seriously, amazing work.

4 months

ONLY YOU #GOrwell2

Great story, but I think it would be more, manageable if each chapter was its own document. Otherwise, it’s so long that you can’t possibly read it all. This way, if the reader likes your writing, they can move to the next chapter without feeling overwhelmed by your story’s length. (Maybe put instructions in the footnotes) Also, because of the length of each chapter, grammatical mistakes are abundant. Breaking these up would make peer-reviews more plausible. I decided not to review on grammar in this one because it was so long. Truly great story! Lots of great elements!

11 months

help

Great work! Keep writing!

11 months

The Land of Zaran: Royals

Great story! Can’t wait to read more!

11 months

One Last Battle

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

11 months

Forgotten#letsdothis

I think you need to clarify at the beginning what this is about. I didn’t get it until the end, where I read it again and loved it. Make sure that everyone knows what you’re talking about. Great story! I wrote a lot of comments, but that’s only because I’m a grammar nerd, and I would find them helpful for myself. Sorry if I overdid it, but overall this really was a nice piece.

11 months

Shyness

PROMPT: No Single Story

This is amazing, but I got the feeling that this was kind of a poem-style piece. If so, it might be a good idea to put thoughts in separate lines. Great work!

11 months

Homeland

This is great work! I only found a few grammatical anomalies, but even with those the content was great!!

11 months

The Land of Zaran: Dragonhearted

Grammatical stuff bugs me, so sorry if I went overboard, I can’t wait for the next installment of Corin!s adventures!

11 months

Echoes of sound(#this_is_my_world)

PROMPT: Microphone

I really do like this style of writing. It’s one of my favorites: the sight, the smell, the flowery language... definitely keep writing. Just in my opinion, though, watch your punctuation. Your meaning gets across, but otherwise, for me, it feels muddled.

11 months

The Land of Zaran: Crash Course

Again, TOTALLY GOING TO FOLLOW YOU! This story was awesome. Can’t wait to read more!

11 months

The Land of Zaran: Hostages

I am IN LOVE with this. It’s so well edited, it’s completely original, and it has the potential for more. Definitely keep writing this. Please!!

11 months